Debug in Release mode?

Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o)

How do I do this?
pointer would be much appreciated.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o)
>
>How do I do this?

The subject or the content?

To debug a release build see "How to: Debug a Release Build" in your
VC++ help.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
5/7/2007 12:40:38 PM
In addition to what Dave suggested you might want to just do a find on this
newsgroup using those keywords.  There have been several discussions on that
topic in the last few days that should pop up a bunch of links.  If you
can't find them let me know and I'll repost some of them for you.

Tom

"divya_rathore_@gmail.com" <divyarathore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o)
>
> How do I do this?
> pointer would be much appreciated.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/7/2007 2:28:55 PM
On May 7, 4:35 pm, "divya_ratho...@gmail.com" <divyarath...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o)
>
> How do I do this?
> pointer would be much appreciated.

Go to the Project Settings->Link(Tab)->Catagory(General)->Checked
"Generate Debu Info" and "Link Incrementally".
Project Settings->C++(Tab)->Catagory(General)->Checked "Generate
browse Info" and select "Debug Info" set to "Program Database".

http://www.cygnus-software.com/papers/release_debugging.html

--
Bob Moore
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

On 7 May 2007 04:35:55 -0700, "divya_rathore_@gmail.com" <divyarathore@gmail.com> wrote:

>Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o)
>
>How do I do this?
>pointer would be much appreciated.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)
5/8/2007 3:00:25 AM
Big thanks to all of you!

DEBUG
Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does not appear again Thanks Running Xp professtional heshie wrote: > Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on > my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is > formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does > not appear again &g...

Versioning your releases
Does anyone know whether there are rules to create the version number of your executable programs? In other words, is there an international designing rule for the version number? Is there any relation between the version number of the executable and the Windows operating system version number? Thanks for helping in advance. Greetz Tonnystar No, there are no rules. It's up to you to determine what the number means. Some applications might make it as easy as version.build where others might be a bit more elaborate with majorver.minorver.build.subbuild. It's all up to...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

Full screen mode in Word Office doesn't work
Good morning or evening Since I downloaded the new version of MAC OS X Snow Leopard I can't make the "Full screen" mode work for my Word Office files. May be it has nothing to do and I missed that they cancelled the Full screen mode. Does somebody knows? Thanks a lot for your feedback Constance Hi Constance, is the option still there under View>Full Screen? Mind you, full screen mode in Word is very underwhelming at best; it does not hide the other applications, as Pages and many other applications do, but only maximises the screen space occupied by the document window...

An application crashes only under debugging
Hi, I'm using VC++ 6.0. I have a Win32 Application (I will call it "EXE") which is linked with a Win32 DLL and I don't have the source files of the DLL; When I execute the EXE by double-clicking on the icon reprsenting it , there are no problems; On the contrary, if I try to debug the EXE the program crashes: in fact, the debugger shows an "Access Violation" error message and informs that an istruction of the DLL attempts to read a memory location which cannot be read. Does someone know a possible cause of this problem? Thanks. M If the DLL is an MFC DLL (it is...

publisher is in grayscale mode
I've apparently toggled a switch somewhere in Publisher which leaves my print preview in grayscale. This isn't the case in other Office applications and I do have a color printer installed and cofigured for color printing. I can't find where to reset it. Can anyone please help? If you are talking about Publisher 2007 and you happen to have an HP printer, it could be the known glitch. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "gazing2infinity" <gazing2infinity@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Release 9.0
First, excellent conference..... I am ready to upgrade to 9.0. Is there any bugs that I need to be aware of? Our VAR will do the installation/upgrade. Thanks in advance, -- Jose Garcia Illinois Finance Authority CFO Chicago, Illinois 60601 I posted some bugs in my blog. Support told me nothing had been resolve in my list in 9.0. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jose G." wrote: > First, excellent conference..... > > I am ready to upgrade to 9.0. Is there any bugs that I need to be aware of? > > Our VAR will do the installation/upgrade. > > Thanks i...

Weird: CRichEditCtrl scrollbars work in debug build but not in release build
Hi, I have an App Wizard project (VS 6.0), non doc-view architecture. My view class is: class CRichTextView : public CRichEditCtrl. In MainFrm.cpp I have a member variable of: CRichTextView m_wndView;. I create the view as follows: if (!m_wndView.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_MULTILINE | WS_VSCROLL, CRect(0,0,0,0), this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST)) { TRACE0("Failed to create view window\n"); return -1; } It works "just peachy" in the debug build. But, when I make...

UserForm show mode
Hi All! I have a userform in excel workbook. The workbook itself should be minimized while the userform is active, so I have added the following to the userform initialize event: Application.WindowState = xlMinimized. I am wondering if it is possible to minimize also the userform for a while (to be able to move to another excel workbook)and to activate it again without loosing the data in the userform and without activating the workbook. Many thanks for your help! Eli You can hide the form rather than unload it, Me.Hide from within the Userform. When you Show that fo...

Debug in Release mode?
Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) How do I do this? pointer would be much appreciated. >Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) > >How do I do this? The subject or the content? To debug a release build see "How to: Debug a Release Build" in your VC++ help. Dave In addition to what Dave suggested you might want to just do a find on this newsgroup using those keywords. There have been several discussions on that topic in the last few days that should pop up a bunch of links. If you can't find them let me know and ...

Very strange debugging problem
I have a windows console program that interfaces with a library that interfaces with a hardware device. I run the same unmodified program with the same input and get different results on different trials. My program is the same, the test data is the same, yet different runs produce different results. There are only two sorts of things that I can think of that could cause this: (1) The state of the hardware device changes between runs. (2) Some really weird memory error that causes my program to run correctly 75% of this time and fail other times. Does anyone have any ideas on how I ca...

Update 11.3.6 released for Office 2004
Update Entourage with this incremental update. Requires that 11.3.5 be installed. After the update, Entourage will show as 11.3.6. under About Entourage. See "Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 update released" on the Entourage Help Blog for more info on the update. If you have any problems, you can post a comment there. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/microsoft_office_2004_for_mac_1.html > See Microsoft does not update each application every time an update is released. See �Confused over Microsoft Update Version numbers?� <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/...

Debugging
Hi, I have an access violation in my program when closing, apart from that things are working in debug mode. This is difficult to deal due to a lack of information. One message I get is as below, is there anyway to turn this into something meaningful? Heap block at 009B1C68 modified at 009B2370 past requested size of 700 The stack trace shows ntdll! 77f75a58() What can I use to track problems like this down? I must be accessing restricted memory during the deallocation of objects or misusing the mfc, I do not know, though there does not appear to be any memory leaks. I did have memor...

Outlook 2007 not opening-Even in Safe Mode
I have a user who has been using Outlook for quite some time now. After closing Outlook one day he began getting a message stating that he can only go into Outlook in Safe Mode. When he tries to do this the program closes down and Outlook never opens up. The error report contents are as follows: Outlook Image Base: 0x30000000 Image Size: 0x0000000 Checksum: 0x00c66e02 Time Stamp: 0x4a89dc70 The following files will b included in this error report: C:\Docume~1\kwt4g\Locals~1\Temp\182750.cvr C:\Docume~1\kwt4g\Locals~1\Temp\182750.od The user is using Windows XP Service P...

remote debugging
Hi, I am using VC++ 6.0's remote debugger. It keeps complaining that the remote machine could not be found. I defined the remote machine as \\sty-401 or R: (a map drive that is equivalent to \\sty-401) in menu->Build->Debugger remote connection->Settings->Target machine name. I can access the machine by typing either \\stry-401 or R: in the windows explorer. That means the access has no problem. Can someone help me out? Thanks. Tony "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:etml8qy7GHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am ...

XmlSerializer produces different results in debug and release buil
A few weeks ago, I upgraded an XML server of ours to .NET 2.0. All went fine. Then last week, I decided to remove all obsolete calls from the app and sign each project in the solution in the .NET 2 way so that the app compiled with no warnings. This built fine but we noticed that server was deserializing one of our XML messages incorrectly. I confirmed via source control that neither the schemas themselves nor the classes representing the messages had been altered but the problem continued. After some investigation, I found I could I could actively switch this bug on and off in debug mod...

KITL enters and leaves polling mode...
Hello, I have actived KITL in polling mode but I have the following trace .. ... ... OALKitlStart DeviceId................. MX3117493 pArgs->flags............. 0x19 --> OAL_KITL_FLAGS_POLL active pArgs->devLoc.IfcType.... 0 pArgs->devLoc.LogicalLoc. 0xb4020300 pArgs->devLoc.PhysicalLoc 0xb4020300 pArgs->devLoc.Pin........ 0 pArgs->ip4address........ 192.168.3.101 pDevice->Name............ CS8900A pDevice->ifcType......... 0 pDevice->id.............. 0xb4020300 pDevice->resource........ 0 pDevice->type............ 2 pDevice->pDriver..........

Debug
Hi, How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug mode??? (i been told that i need to insert the file of the lib to my project and so.. how to do it???") Thanks. To do it easily you have to have the source for the lib adn have the lib compiled in debug mode as well. Adding the project for the lib to your solution makes this pretty easy to do. Tom "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eR1dbIBoEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug > mode??? &...

XP will not start in any mode
I can get to the boot choice page The only option that does anything isturn off automatic restart when I chose this I get a blur screen telling me to uninstall anti virus software wHICH HAPPENS TO BE Microsoft OneCare Which kept turning itself off prior to the unable to start window problem. Can I use my recovery disc without lossing everything on my hard drive Not a Media Center related question, repost to the xp.general group or contact the PC's mfg for assistance with their recovery procedure. -- -- "misterstan" <misterstan@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Slightly OT: Debugging another process while my MFC app is running...
I have a stand alone application (which renders a 3D scene) that is controlled by my MFC application via XML over TCP/IP. Because the MFC application spawns the rendering application via CreateProcess, I can't debug the initialization of my rendering application in this scenario because I have to go through the IDE's debug|processes menu and choose the rendering application and select it. What I was wondering is: Is there a way to denote a process to debug which hasn't started yet? Ergo, if I set a breakpoint in my rendering application in the initialization code (for exampl...

Like MODE but not quite.
Hi, I'm sorry if this question seems a little newbie-ish, only I haven't used MS excel since GCSE, and that was over 3 years ago. Could someone tell me how to take the values in a list, and then display the most common one -if the values aren't numbers-, only I've tried looking for it and endlessly had to sift through instructions on how to use MODE! -- Markusdragon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Markusdragon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37902 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Outlook 2007: Mail merge does not work in "plain-text" mode...
Hello, I'm using MS Office 2007 Pro (with all updates and SP2) on Windows 7 Pro 64 (both german). Today I tried to generate mail merge e-mails (20 recipients) using the mail merge function for e-mails in Word 2007 (using Outlook contacts as recipient db). Before sending the e-mails I am asked for the sending mode (HTML, plaintext or attachement). If I use "HTML" everything works fine and like expected. But I want to use "plaintext". In this case the common outlook access security warning is displayed (in HTML-mode this was not the case). I gra...

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

Debug
Hello Everybody. We noticed today that, when accessing GP8 via Terminal Server, there is a Debug option on the menu bar that was never there before (and that is not there when accessing GP8 via the LAN. Anyone know how - this may have gotten here - how to make it go away We did not consciously turn on debugging, and there is a noticeable disintegration of performance. Thank you, Maria. Compare your dex.ini file from a workstation with the one on the Terminal Server. Look for a line in your dex.ini file like ScriptDebugger=TRUE and/or ScriptDebuggerProduct=XXXX and delete them....

It works in Debug...
I wrote a function which just increments or decrements a field, if you hit "+" or "-" (a la Quickbooks/Quicken). When I run it in debug, it works perfectly. When I turn off debug, however, it stops working. Here's the function: Public Function PlusMinus(FieldVal As Integer, Key As Integer) 'Increments/Decrements value based on + or - keys If Key = 43 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal + 1 ElseIf Key = 45 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal - 1 Else: PlusMinus = FieldVal End If End Function Here's the call from a field's OnKeypress Ev...