debug assertion failed. File: cmdtarg.cpp Line:52

Hi,

I made a MFC ActiveX with a CwinThread Class in VC ++. Then i used it on
Visual basic. When i try to make an exe i got this error :

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VB98\VB6.EXE
File: cmdtarg.cpp
Line: 52

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

A microsoft website says that this bug was corrected in the latest service
pack for Visual Studio 6.0. But i already have the latest service pack and
this error still occurs. Can anyone tell me what is wrong??

thanks,
lawrence

0
las1 (3)
11/8/2004 11:17:52 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to get IHTMLDocument2 from HTML file
Hi all: I don't have much experience with interfaces, can someone explain how to get IHTMLDocument2 for HTML file on disk? I can find lots of samples using MFC classes that implement browser views, but is it possible to do it without them? "dc2000" <dc2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70A8D12D-AFE1-4549-B94D-D955BFFF82D0@microsoft.com... > Hi all: > > > I don't have much experience with interfaces, can someone explain how to > get > IHTMLDocument2 for HTML file on disk? I can find lots of samples using MFC > classes that...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

3.0 Upgrade Failed
We have recently been trying to upgrade our 1.2 installation to 3.0, but have ran into some stumbling blocks along the way. After resolving the "Invalid SQL replication data" error on the advisor we were finally able to continue on with the installation but now continuously get the below error causing a failed installation. The enviornment is as such: SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 std CRM 1.2 on seperate 2003 std Active Directory operating in 2003 functional Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks! Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server....

importing wab file
how do i import my address book which is a wab file into the contacts of microsoft outlook? ed Outlook cannot import WAB files. You would have to import a wab into OE on the same partition. Then you can import from OE into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03bb01c3dd9e$1cf8bb20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how do i import my address book which is a wab file into > the contacts of microsoft outlook? > > ed ...

*.ost files
Hi, My problem: Office 2003 after accidental crash, I try to restore my old inbox. I have my .ost file ( off line) but outlook doesn't want to connect to. The error mesage is that I can't connect-use that off line file because it is not the correct use name-mailbox name... Strange because it is the same..... I also try with scanost.exe.....impossible Funny because this tool only working if everythings is working.... m&ny thanks by advance Frederic fth <thf63@hotmail.com> wrote: > My problem: > Office 2003 > after accidental crash, I try to restore my old inbox...

The Operation on the | Object failed
I have an access database linked to a SQL server 2005 back end database and my users randomly get the above message on occasions. It appears to usually happen when running VBA code. Can anybody help? ...

Update Fails to Load
I have tried several times to install KB979683 and keep getting failure message. All other updates load fine. Also, have Stopzilla and McAfee Virus Scan but can't seem to get rid of a malicious file that won't let me go to sites when I look up things on google, bing....always get sent to advertisement websites. Any ideas or helpful suggestions!! Thanks Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. When does your McAfee su...

Dialog and asserts
Hi, I have a dialog based application and I want to open another dialog. I have a function int CMyDialog::Execute { // CMyDialog::Execute int ret_code; CNewDialog m_NewDialog(this); ret_code = m_NewDialog.DoModal(); return ret_code; } // CMyDialog::Execute that opens this dialog but this fail :( I got at assert on this line BOOL CWnd::Attach(HWND hWndNew) { ---> ASSERT(m_hWnd == NULL); // only attach once, detach on I have realized my application with the Wizard so I am not very expert about this stuff. Can someone tell me what's happening ? Stefano Malavasi __...

ANN: nxslt (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.3
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.3 of nxslt - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt basically dublicates functionality and command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom extension fun...

can't open .XLS files using version 7.0
I am using excel 97 v 7.0 and can't open files with extension .XLS. Not sure but they may have been created on newer version of excel Excel 7 was excel 95 I believe so you must save xls files as excel 5/95 version on the newer versions, if you are using excel 97 it has the same file format (there might be a few things later added that won't be available but the files should open) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Silvermarsh" <Silvermarsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E50CFD42-733E-42AD-B218-782C15C31910@microsoft.com......

Old Email File
I have just installed new computers in our office and want to transfer all of my old email archive files from Outlook Express on my old computer to my new one. Where do I find those files on the old computer? What is the file extension? I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks. By default, it is going to look something like this" C:\Documents and Settings\UersID\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{5FCB66F7-22DC-4968-B6FF-3B3FB3DE64E0}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx To find out, just right click on your inbox in OE, and click properties. It will show you the...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

archive file
I'm using MS outlook 2000. I want to check old mails but I can't import the archive file. The file is over 2G. Is the size too large? The inbox repair tool does not work. Can anyone help me? You dont Import, In OL>File>Open>PST Anyway its over 2gb which has exccedded OL2k size limitation. Problems can occur when larger than 1.6gb http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 OL2003, in new pst format doesnt have the size limitation. If you continue to use OL2k you should create new pst's & Archive pst's from time to time, or when approaching 1.6gb. You can open mul...

File Locked Error
Hello, Is there an alternative to rebooting the server? It is a large serve that is quite heavily utilized. Thanks, Steve Lady Layla Wrote: > Reboot the computer the file is on > > "SteveS" <SteveS.1e4sjy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message > news:SteveS.1e4sjy@excelforum-nospam.com... > : > : Hello, > : > : I am encountering an error message when trying to open a shared X > 2000 > : file. The error message indicates that the file is locked. I a > unable > : to disable shareing or use 'Save As' to get around the issue. &g...

how to merge sheet between files
hello all! I wonder how do this function in my program: copy a file's first sheet into another excel file. Currently i am doing copy-and-paste but i wonder if there is a better way? thanks! han wrote: > hello all! > I wonder how do this function in my program: copy a file's first > sheet into another excel file. Currently i am doing copy-and-paste > but i wonder if there is a better way? > thanks! Right click on the sheet tab of the sheet that you wish to move. Select Move or Copy. Select the destination book and location. Don't forget to chec...

Corrupted password protected file
This morning I started working on a personal project and decided to encrypt it. I put several hours of work into it and took a break for a while, now it simply won't open. I know 100% what the password is (yes ive checked caps) but it is just returning as incorrect. It is really pissing me off because I KNOW what the password is. I had uploaded it to Office Live while working on it, but I don't see how that would effect anything. Both copies are encrypted and giving the same problem. Is there any recourse to recover this other than starting over? Word 2007 Win 7x64 ...

multiple events in single .vcs file
How do I create a file that has mutliple events in one single file? I would like to create a file that has all of the sporting events listed for employees to be reminded in their calendar. http://www.calendar-updates.com You can create your own Holidays/Events calendar using the instructions on this page: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After search...

difference between 2 lines in a scatter chart
I have created a scatter chart with two lines. The x axis is divided up into 10 parts and labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. What I want to do is calculate the distance between the two lines between the x values of 40 and 60. Does anyone know how to to that? Thank you in advance. -- prd02003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prd02003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25762 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391727 How did you generate the lines? Are they from the data directly...

How to reinstall failed updates in Windows 7
How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? Seems windows update doesn't support that. I have Windows 7. Suggest you post this to the Windows 7 forum instead of the * Windows Update * newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads "JamesW" wrote: > How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? > > Seems windows update doesn't support that. > > I have Windows 7. Ditto - another Win7 user here - when I follow recommendation to troubleshoot on the error code "WindowsUpdate_8020000E" appears as non...

DEBUG
Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does not appear again Thanks Running Xp professtional heshie wrote: > Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on > my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is > formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does > not appear again &g...

OWA Fails to Load
Two OWA environments are failing with the same behavior. 1) The first environment is Windows NT 4 SP6a running Exchange 5.5 SP4. OWA is hosted on seperate NT box running IIS. IIS box must be restarted to temporarilly solve problem. Works for a day or so then main OWA page fails to talk to Exchange box after login and simply hangs with no erors, or gives an ASP error, but nothing in eventlogs. Cannot restart WWW service on IIS box. 2) Second environment is Windows 2000 SP4 running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and IIS on the same box. Same behavior as first environment. OWA hangs after login and does...

Compile Error with when opening excel file from another machine
I have quite a complex VB Excel file with many macros and Forms. All works great on my PC, but when the file is opened from another users PC it immediately comes up with a Copile error. The VB line highlighed is : Sheet1.Range("C16").Value = Format(Now, "mmmm yy") With the [Format] Highlighted. If i click OK, and try to run a macro i then get another Compile error. Is there a way to fix this? Both PC's re running Office XP and have ALL Excel components installed. Corey.... In VBA, go to the Tools menu and choose "References". See if any are marked &qu...

When the VBA Project is locked the Save As Method fails in Excel
I cannot find a resolution. I already have the VB Code secure (the VBA Project is locked). When the Project is locked the Save As Method fails. If the VBA Project is not locked, the Save As Method works successfully. I cannot seem to find anything that addresses that situation. Do I need to get a digital signature? Do you think that will fix the problem? ...

importing Print Shop files into Publisher
I cannot find any help on converting Print Shop files to Publisher files. Can anyone help? I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks! You can't convert Print Shop files to Publisher files. Maybe a copy/paste? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Murray" <Murray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4089F0A3-BB25-4116-8ED7-EEE4CB9991B1@microsoft.com... >I cannot find any help on converting Print Shop files to Publisher files. Can > anyone help? I am using Publisher 2003. > > Thanks! ...

Items going to deleted file
I have email going directly to my deleted box. They are not mass emails, nor are they on my blocked senders list. Why is this happening? check to see if you have a rule setup. this happened to use and there was a rule created to do this. Good luck. >-----Original Message----- >I have email going directly to my deleted box. They are >not mass emails, nor are they on my blocked senders list. >Why is this happening? >. > ...