Debug Assertion Failed #5

Hi,
I have an application that I support that was developed with VS6, 7,
and now I am using VS2005. It is being installed and tested on a PC
elsewhere. The person testing it for me is having a runtime issue with
the following message,

Debug Assertion Failed!
names the executale with this line after,
File f:\rtm\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h
Expression: (iChar >=0) && (iChar <= GetLength())

Almost seems like the wrong lib is being used on the test machine,
vc7libs. Should that be vc8 since I am using VS 2005?
Not sure what to make of this.
The application works fine I my PC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

0
jcollett (21)
3/12/2007 4:06:36 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mar 12, 12:06 pm, "Hoop" <jcoll...@oshtruck.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an application that I support that was developed with VS6, 7,
> and now I am using VS2005. It is being installed and tested on a PC
> elsewhere. The person testing it for me is having a runtime issue with
> the following message,
>
> Debug Assertion Failed!
> names the executale with this line after,
> File f:\rtm\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h
> Expression: (iChar >=0) && (iChar <= GetLength())
>
> Almost seems like the wrong lib is being used on the test machine,
> vc7libs. Should that be vc8 since I am using VS 2005?
> Not sure what to make of this.
> The application works fine I my PC.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Few things to  note:

- You should rebuild the entire app, including dependent libraries
with VS2005. Its possible that one or more of the libraries you are
linking to was built with vs2003.

- Default setting in VS2005 is now UNICODE. This may not be an issue
in your case though.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6841)

3.0 Upgrade Failed
We have recently been trying to upgrade our 1.2 installation to 3.0, but have ran into some stumbling blocks along the way. After resolving the "Invalid SQL replication data" error on the advisor we were finally able to continue on with the installation but now continuously get the below error causing a failed installation. The enviornment is as such: SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 std CRM 1.2 on seperate 2003 std Active Directory operating in 2003 functional Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks! Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server....

PowerShell ISE requires .NET 3.5.1 or 3.0?
Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell ISE required .NET 3.5.1, but have managed to install it on Windows Server 2008 with only .NET 3.0 installed. See this for more detailed info: http://www.jonathanmedd.net/2009/12/powershell-ise-on-windows-server-2008-what-version-of-net-is-required.html Thanks Don't worry. Aleksandar helpfully pointed out that the answer is in about_Windows_PowerShell_ISE in PowerShell help. System Requirements – Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 "jmedd" wrote: > Can anyone clear this up for me? I thought PowerShell I...

Dialog and asserts
Hi, I have a dialog based application and I want to open another dialog. I have a function int CMyDialog::Execute { // CMyDialog::Execute int ret_code; CNewDialog m_NewDialog(this); ret_code = m_NewDialog.DoModal(); return ret_code; } // CMyDialog::Execute that opens this dialog but this fail :( I got at assert on this line BOOL CWnd::Attach(HWND hWndNew) { ---> ASSERT(m_hWnd == NULL); // only attach once, detach on I have realized my application with the Wizard so I am not very expert about this stuff. Can someone tell me what's happening ? Stefano Malavasi __...

exchange 5.5 mailbox
I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL for testing purposes. I cannot get the name to resolve during Outlook setup and the recipeint does not appear. How long does it take for the mailbox to appear? Thanks, Aaron Neunz "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: >I thought I created a new mailbox using the exchange 5.5 admin console. Of >course I attached it to a NT account in AD and I hid the name from the GAL >for testing purposes. I cannot get the name...

The Operation on the | Object failed
I have an access database linked to a SQL server 2005 back end database and my users randomly get the above message on occasions. It appears to usually happen when running VBA code. Can anybody help? ...

Removing a 5.5 server from my site
I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do now to eliminate the references to folder replication? This is causing my old server to appear in EX Administrator. Thank you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 "jv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a201c3aa1b$db497850$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have re-homed all public folders and uninstalled > Exchange from the de-comissioned server. What can I do > now to eliminate the references to folder replicati...

Update Fails to Load
I have tried several times to install KB979683 and keep getting failure message. All other updates load fine. Also, have Stopzilla and McAfee Virus Scan but can't seem to get rid of a malicious file that won't let me go to sites when I look up things on google, bing....always get sent to advertisement websites. Any ideas or helpful suggestions!! Thanks Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. When does your McAfee su...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

How to reinstall failed updates in Windows 7
How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? Seems windows update doesn't support that. I have Windows 7. Suggest you post this to the Windows 7 forum instead of the * Windows Update * newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads "JamesW" wrote: > How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? > > Seems windows update doesn't support that. > > I have Windows 7. Ditto - another Win7 user here - when I follow recommendation to troubleshoot on the error code "WindowsUpdate_8020000E" appears as non...

OWA Fails to Load
Two OWA environments are failing with the same behavior. 1) The first environment is Windows NT 4 SP6a running Exchange 5.5 SP4. OWA is hosted on seperate NT box running IIS. IIS box must be restarted to temporarilly solve problem. Works for a day or so then main OWA page fails to talk to Exchange box after login and simply hangs with no erors, or gives an ASP error, but nothing in eventlogs. Cannot restart WWW service on IIS box. 2) Second environment is Windows 2000 SP4 running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and IIS on the same box. Same behavior as first environment. OWA hangs after login and does...

DEBUG
Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does not appear again Thanks Running Xp professtional heshie wrote: > Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on > my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is > formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does > not appear again &g...

When the VBA Project is locked the Save As Method fails in Excel
I cannot find a resolution. I already have the VB Code secure (the VBA Project is locked). When the Project is locked the Save As Method fails. If the VBA Project is not locked, the Save As Method works successfully. I cannot seem to find anything that addresses that situation. Do I need to get a digital signature? Do you think that will fix the problem? ...

An application crashes only under debugging
Hi, I'm using VC++ 6.0. I have a Win32 Application (I will call it "EXE") which is linked with a Win32 DLL and I don't have the source files of the DLL; When I execute the EXE by double-clicking on the icon reprsenting it , there are no problems; On the contrary, if I try to debug the EXE the program crashes: in fact, the debugger shows an "Access Violation" error message and informs that an istruction of the DLL attempts to read a memory location which cannot be read. Does someone know a possible cause of this problem? Thanks. M If the DLL is an MFC DLL (it is...

Portfolio Manger Fails
I see where others have a similar problem, but have read no solution. After "upgrading" from Money2004 to Money2005, the portfolio manager pages shows a blank screen. No investment information whatsoever. Any ideas on a work around.... In microsoft.public.money, brawn wrote: >I see where others have a similar problem, but have read no solution. After >"upgrading" from Money2004 to Money2005, the portfolio manager pages shows a >blank screen. No investment information whatsoever. Any ideas on a work >around.... Does Help->About show version 14.0...

Weird: CRichEditCtrl scrollbars work in debug build but not in release build
Hi, I have an App Wizard project (VS 6.0), non doc-view architecture. My view class is: class CRichTextView : public CRichEditCtrl. In MainFrm.cpp I have a member variable of: CRichTextView m_wndView;. I create the view as follows: if (!m_wndView.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_MULTILINE | WS_VSCROLL, CRect(0,0,0,0), this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST)) { TRACE0("Failed to create view window\n"); return -1; } It works "just peachy" in the debug build. But, when I make...

Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods. 04-13-10

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

Installation of KB982311 Failed
Running current Windows XP Pro SP3 system with Office 2002. Attempted install of latest June 2nd Tuesday updates and KB982311 failed to install. I have the same problem when the system tries to autoupdate KB982311. The error code is 0x80070643 - and the system keeps trying to install this particular update. I am running Windows XP SP3. All other updates from june 11th 2010 installed without problems - only this one failed. I don't have a genuine Microsoft Office 2003 installation - only the free Office Viewers from Microsoft - maye that's the reason, though it has ...

Move Mailbox #5
I have need to move a mailbox multiple times within a short time span (developmental testing). I am currently having trouble moving a mailbox multiple times. The mailbox moves to a new mail server and storage group the first time but will not move to a different mailserver and mailstore a second time. It seems to corrupt the mailbox. I recieve error number "The information store could not be opened. An unexpected unknown error has occurred." Mapi 1.0 ID no: 8004011c-0289-00000000. One additional note: The quota is changed when it is moved from one server/storage group to anothe...

Debug in Release mode?
Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) How do I do this? pointer would be much appreciated. >Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) > >How do I do this? The subject or the content? To debug a release build see "How to: Debug a Release Build" in your VC++ help. Dave In addition to what Dave suggested you might want to just do a find on this newsgroup using those keywords. There have been several discussions on that topic in the last few days that should pop up a bunch of links. If you can't find them let me know and ...

Very strange debugging problem
I have a windows console program that interfaces with a library that interfaces with a hardware device. I run the same unmodified program with the same input and get different results on different trials. My program is the same, the test data is the same, yet different runs produce different results. There are only two sorts of things that I can think of that could cause this: (1) The state of the hardware device changes between runs. (2) Some really weird memory error that causes my program to run correctly 75% of this time and fail other times. Does anyone have any ideas on how I ca...

Exchange 5.5 & 2000 and Trend interscan viruswall! Please Help!
I have a problem! I'm getting ready to remove our Exchange 5.5 server. I shutdown the 5.5 server and every thinks worked as they should. Then I rebooted our mail relay (Linux based unfortunately) server witch is also running, Trend InterScan VirusWall 3.8 for Linux. When it was up and running again our emails did not get through. Every thing looked correct, but nothing happened. I can't find any thing that refers to the Exchange 5.5. Is it possible that it is getting the information from the Exchange 2000 or AD? After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting th...

Delegates in Exchange 5.5
For a long time, delegates have been used to set "permissions" on our public folders. There's hundreds of folders in this, and I'm planning a migration to Exchange 2003 with AD. Is there anything I can use to extract a list of the delegate permissions from the store? If it comes down to it I'll have to go through it manually and and write them down, but I'd rather not have to do that. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:30:04 -0400, "Megan" <megan_grubb@yahoo.com> wrote: >For a long time, delegates have been used to set "permissions" on our publ...

Outlook Operation Failed
When I click on the "send - receive" button, a window pops up saying "Operation Failed". Does my computer have some kind of infection? Hi Jennifer, please create a new profile! And please dont post twice! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Jennifer" <jenncady@ezsg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:06e701c47528$a0a0c950$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on the "send - receive" button, a window > pops up saying "Operation Failed". Does my computer have > some kind of inf...

Debugging
Hi, I have an access violation in my program when closing, apart from that things are working in debug mode. This is difficult to deal due to a lack of information. One message I get is as below, is there anyway to turn this into something meaningful? Heap block at 009B1C68 modified at 009B2370 past requested size of 700 The stack trace shows ntdll! 77f75a58() What can I use to track problems like this down? I must be accessing restricted memory during the deallocation of objects or misusing the mfc, I do not know, though there does not appear to be any memory leaks. I did have memor...