Debug Assertion Failed! #2

While running my program in debug mode, I had the next problem and
can't find out what's wrong.

------
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: c:\VC7\test.exe
File : Occmgr.cpp
Line: 410

Unhandled exception at 0x7c1a9b1e (mfc71d.dll) in test.exe: User
breakpoint.
------

The last line in my code from where the mfc71d.dll is called is.

BOOL CMediaPlanFrm::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext*
pContext)
{
CSplitterWnd m_wndSplitter;
if ( m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) )
{
  m_wndSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CPlanboardView),
CSize(400,350), pContext); // <---- Here it goed wrong
}
}

The strage thing, This morning it all worked fine. In the meantime I
used Installshield-Developer, and when I returned to my project it
didn't work anymore. I tried reparing Visual Studio 7, uninstalling and
installing. Copying    registry settings of an other machine where this
project still works with the same sources.

I hope someone can help me, or have a good suggestion how to solve
this.

Arjan

0
kamberg (1)
8/2/2005 2:41:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is CPlanboardView a CFormView derived class?

AliR.

"arjan" <kamberg@pointlogic.nl> wrote in message
> While running my program in debug mode, I had the next problem and
> can't find out what's wrong.
>
> ------
> Debug Assertion Failed!
> Program: c:\VC7\test.exe
> File : Occmgr.cpp
> Line: 410
>

> Unhandled exception at 0x7c1a9b1e (mfc71d.dll) in test.exe: User
> breakpoint.
> ------
>
> The last line in my code from where the mfc71d.dll is called is.
>
> BOOL CMediaPlanFrm::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext*
> pContext)
> {
> CSplitterWnd m_wndSplitter;
> if ( m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) )
> {
>   m_wndSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CPlanboardView),
> CSize(400,350), pContext); // <---- Here it goed wrong
> }
> }
>
> The strage thing, This morning it all worked fine. In the meantime I
> used Installshield-Developer, and when I returned to my project it
> didn't work anymore. I tried reparing Visual Studio 7, uninstalling and
> installing. Copying    registry settings of an other machine where this
> project still works with the same sources.
>
> I hope someone can help me, or have a good suggestion how to solve
> this.
>
> Arjan

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/2/2005 3:04:35 PM
This assertion is ASSERT(pTemp->m_hWnd);
It occurs in the cleanup phase of CreateDlgControls after creating controls.  If the assertion
fails, it implies that a window handle doesn't exist for one of the controls on the dialog as
expected.  It's most likely an ActiveX control that failed to be created.

"arjan" <kamberg@pointlogic.nl> wrote in message
> While running my program in debug mode, I had the next problem and
> can't find out what's wrong.
>
> ------
> Debug Assertion Failed!
> Program: c:\VC7\test.exe
> File : Occmgr.cpp
> Line: 410
>

> Unhandled exception at 0x7c1a9b1e (mfc71d.dll) in test.exe: User
> breakpoint.
> ------
>
> The last line in my code from where the mfc71d.dll is called is.
>
> BOOL CMediaPlanFrm::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext*
> pContext)
> {
> CSplitterWnd m_wndSplitter;
> if ( m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) )
> {
>  m_wndSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CPlanboardView),
> CSize(400,350), pContext); // <---- Here it goed wrong
> }
> }
>
> The strage thing, This morning it all worked fine. In the meantime I
> used Installshield-Developer, and when I returned to my project it
> didn't work anymore. I tried reparing Visual Studio 7, uninstalling and
> installing. Copying    registry settings of an other machine where this
> project still works with the same sources.
>
> I hope someone can help me, or have a good suggestion how to solve
> this.
>
> Arjan

0
ScotB (233)
8/2/2005 7:03:35 PM
I was thinking it might be a CRichEditCtrl.

AliR.

"Scot T Brennecke" <ScotB@MVPs.spamhater.org> wrote in message
> This assertion is ASSERT(pTemp->m_hWnd);
> It occurs in the cleanup phase of CreateDlgControls after creating
controls.  If the assertion
> fails, it implies that a window handle doesn't exist for one of the
controls on the dialog as
> expected.  It's most likely an ActiveX control that failed to be created.
>
> "arjan" <kamberg@pointlogic.nl> wrote in message
> > While running my program in debug mode, I had the next problem and
> > can't find out what's wrong.
> >
> > ------
> > Debug Assertion Failed!
> > Program: c:\VC7\test.exe
> > File : Occmgr.cpp
> > Line: 410
> >

> > Unhandled exception at 0x7c1a9b1e (mfc71d.dll) in test.exe: User
> > breakpoint.
> > ------
> >
> > The last line in my code from where the mfc71d.dll is called is.
> >
> > BOOL CMediaPlanFrm::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext*
> > pContext)
> > {
> > CSplitterWnd m_wndSplitter;
> > if ( m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) )
> > {
> >  m_wndSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CPlanboardView),
> > CSize(400,350), pContext); // <---- Here it goed wrong
> > }
> > }
> >
> > The strage thing, This morning it all worked fine. In the meantime I
> > used Installshield-Developer, and when I returned to my project it
> > didn't work anymore. I tried reparing Visual Studio 7, uninstalling and
> > installing. Copying    registry settings of an other machine where this
> > project still works with the same sources.
> >
> > I hope someone can help me, or have a good suggestion how to solve
> > this.
> >
> > Arjan

0
AliR3470 (3235)

Stacked Column Charts #2
I am trying to create a stacked column chart with the following data. NR RM Indirects 2006 AOP 100 100 50 2006 Actual 104 102 33 2007 AOP 100 100 50 2007 Actua l60 169 15 2008 AOP 125 100 100 2008 Actual 148 77 161 2009 AOP 100 100 100 2009 Actual 0 0 0 I would like for the x axis to be years 2006-2008 and the y axis to represent the amounts. My issue is that I need the 2006 AOP and the 2006 Actual to be two stacked columns in the x axis 2006 label (side by side). AOP and Actual need to be side by side for each year. There should only be a gap between years. ...

3.0 Upgrade Failed
We have recently been trying to upgrade our 1.2 installation to 3.0, but have ran into some stumbling blocks along the way. After resolving the "Invalid SQL replication data" error on the advisor we were finally able to continue on with the installation but now continuously get the below error causing a failed installation. The enviornment is as such: SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 std CRM 1.2 on seperate 2003 std Active Directory operating in 2003 functional Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks! Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server....

Project Invoice Printing Twice #2
When I print a project invoice it prints two full copies of the invioce. One is a formated copy I updated in Report Writer, the other is a stock GP invoice. Is there a flag somewhere that causes this to happen? How do I only get one invoice to print when I click the print button? Hi-- Please check the set up of your billing format, Tools>>Setup>>Project>>Billing, then click Billing Formats. Find the format you are printing, are there two reports in the list? Remove the second one (if that is the one that is not formatted). Project works on the idea of a bill format ...

The Operation on the | Object failed
I have an access database linked to a SQL server 2005 back end database and my users randomly get the above message on occasions. It appears to usually happen when running VBA code. Can anybody help? ...

MS Money; MS Active 4.2; AudiVox 6700
I have Windows Mobile Version 5.0; OS 5.1.195 (Build 14847.2.0.0), and using MS ActiveSync 4.2 on a Dell Laptop - Windows XP Home OS, and have MS Money 2005. I have installed MPPC 2005 but can't sync the data from the laptop to my AudioVox 6700 device. I manually enter data to the laptop, but want to enter data when I make a purchase, then sync both devices so the laptop and 6700 on synchronized. What version of money and activesync do I need to make that happen? -- Greg Neese gregneese@gregneese.com Sorry Money will not sync with a Mobile V5 PDA/PC. -- Regards Bob Peel, Micro...

2 people use publisher on 2 home computers for organization?
Can 2 people in an organization use the same publisher program to type a monthly newsletter on 2 different home computers? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c6b2be2-c731-47ba-9dc0-f5e57fa2d...

SUM IF problem #2
Max, I wish it would have worked, but unfortunately it didn't. Thank for your suggestion! Max Wrote: > Not sure whether this would help with the recalc / recalc efficienc > issues, > but guess we could try the equivalent non-array SUMPRODUCT: > > =SUMPRODUCT((SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1)*(SCAR!$H$8:$H$9000=Sheet3!$F44)) > > -- > Rgds > Max > xl 97 > --- > Singapore, GMT+8 > xdemechanik > http://savefile.com/projects/236895 > -- > "ttmannan" ttmannan.1wteod@news.excelbanter.com wrote in message > news:ttmannan.1wteod@news.ex...

Update Fails to Load
I have tried several times to install KB979683 and keep getting failure message. All other updates load fine. Also, have Stopzilla and McAfee Virus Scan but can't seem to get rid of a malicious file that won't let me go to sites when I look up things on google, bing....always get sent to advertisement websites. Any ideas or helpful suggestions!! Thanks Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. When does your McAfee su...

excel chart #2
i want three adjacent scales of which two are fixed and one variable. kindly advise. a graphichal representation is welcome -- Anantha ...

Dialog and asserts
Hi, I have a dialog based application and I want to open another dialog. I have a function int CMyDialog::Execute { // CMyDialog::Execute int ret_code; CNewDialog m_NewDialog(this); ret_code = m_NewDialog.DoModal(); return ret_code; } // CMyDialog::Execute that opens this dialog but this fail :( I got at assert on this line BOOL CWnd::Attach(HWND hWndNew) { ---> ASSERT(m_hWnd == NULL); // only attach once, detach on I have realized my application with the Wizard so I am not very expert about this stuff. Can someone tell me what's happening ? Stefano Malavasi __...

Update links #2
I have a problem trying to update links when it comes to every month. I would like to create a program that enables to change the tab sheet name (representing each month) ... Let me give you an idea what I'm trying to do: I've created a userform list down - to select a month and from there, it should be able to update the links afterwards. The main workbook (='C:\\My Documents\Agencies\Bridges & Tunnels\[ MTA Analysis.xls] contains a table with 10 rows and 5 columns. Each cell shows as follows... ='C:\\My Documents\Agencies\Bridges & Tunnels\[2003 MTA.xl...

TV video constantly skips 1/2 second, plays 1 second; green on bot
I just got DirecTV. It worked for a day, but now (see Subject title). Also the bottom 5th of the screen is solid green. The audio does not skip. I tried to do "Set up TV signal" - see the post I just made here titled ""IR Hardware not detected" - but installed/working." Thanks for you help. When you configure the card in Media Center does it allow you to select DirecTV as your source instead of cable which you were using before? "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:393C05DC-EBDF-4FA5-A11F-...

Setting entourage for 2 email servers
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop in Mac Mail my office server provider was recognized on start up. When i work of of my home Mac Mail recognized that i had a deferent server co for out going mail and if one server did not work it automatically tried the other. Now with Entourage it has a setting for my office but i am unable to send email from my home. How can i set up for both? thank you. On 3/12/10 1:03 PM, Tim_McLean@officeformac.com wrote: > in Mac Mail my office server provider was recognized on start up. > When i work of of my...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

"application not found" when attempting to open jpg #2
When I attempt to open a jpg file attachment in Outlook, I get "application not found" error. If I save the file, I can open it with no problem. What do I do? ...

File Locked Error
Hello, Is there an alternative to rebooting the server? It is a large serve that is quite heavily utilized. Thanks, Steve Lady Layla Wrote: > Reboot the computer the file is on > > "SteveS" <SteveS.1e4sjy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message > news:SteveS.1e4sjy@excelforum-nospam.com... > : > : Hello, > : > : I am encountering an error message when trying to open a shared X > 2000 > : file. The error message indicates that the file is locked. I a > unable > : to disable shareing or use 'Save As' to get around the issue. &g...

Password Issue #2
When opening up Outlook 2007, it is now asking me for the password 2 x's. Any ideas? With that little information?? How's outlook setup (SMTP/POP3, IMAP, Exchange server)? Does Outlook use password protected PST file (a.k.a personal folder)? "Wayne Robinson" <wrobinson6327@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eOlsJH%23pJHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When opening up Outlook 2007, it is now asking me for the password 2 x's. > > Any ideas? > > Wayne Robinson wrote: > When opening up Outlook 2007, it is now asking me for the password 2 x...

Pivot Table Programming #2
I have a pivot table built on a worksheet and I want to pivot it programatically and grab values to place in models on other sheets. However, I cannot seem to pivot - I get an error 1004 Unable to set the orientation property of the PivotField class. According to MS this was an error in XL 2000 that they fixed. I am using Excel 2003 and can find no mention of it anywhere. Here is the code: ub CheckTable() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim pvtCache As PivotCache Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) Set pvtCache = Application.ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Item(1) Debug.Print pvtTable...

difference between 2 lines in a scatter chart
I have created a scatter chart with two lines. The x axis is divided up into 10 parts and labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. What I want to do is calculate the distance between the two lines between the x values of 40 and 60. Does anyone know how to to that? Thank you in advance. -- prd02003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prd02003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25762 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391727 How did you generate the lines? Are they from the data directly...

How to reinstall failed updates in Windows 7
How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? Seems windows update doesn't support that. I have Windows 7. Suggest you post this to the Windows 7 forum instead of the * Windows Update * newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads "JamesW" wrote: > How do i try to reinstall failed updates ? > > Seems windows update doesn't support that. > > I have Windows 7. Ditto - another Win7 user here - when I follow recommendation to troubleshoot on the error code "WindowsUpdate_8020000E" appears as non...

Out of office not working #2
Hi, i have a problem with the out of office assistent, the thing is that if i turn the function on, only the internal network will receive the message but the outside world does not get anything, now i did change the function on my exchange server that out of office is allowed, (global settings) but still it does not work and will not send a message to the outside world, anybody an idea what i am doing wrong Systems is a w3k+w3k exchange / xp+office 2003 also on a winnt 4+exchange 5.x /xp +officd 97 Thankscould it be that a firewall prefents the way the mail is send (port 25/110 ect) ...

modifying reports #2
Hi, When I modify the quote report in VS2005 the queries all work. but when I preview the report the sub report doesnt display the data. any ideas why? i know it is there as 20 records are visible it just wont show the information! ...

working in 2 versions of MS ACCESS
I have two versions of microsoft access on one operating system/computer. Every time I go into one version to work with one database, when I go back to the other it does this installing configuring process. As long as I stay in one version everything is fine. but I cannot seem to go back an forth between the two without this 5 minute configuration/installation process each time. What can I do to resolve this. Much thanks! -- -isha :-) That is what happens when you have 2 different versions of access on the one computer. On my computer it takes approx 25 seconds. ...

formating numbers #2
Hi, For some reason when I type 6.00 in my cells, excel formats my cell as 6 and removes the zeros of the fractional part. How can I overcome this problem ? Thx "Sam" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message news:1112818136.718308.323460@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > For some reason when I type 6.00 in my cells, excel formats my cell as > 6 and removes the zeros of the fractional part. How can I overcome this > problem ? > > Thx > Select the cell, column or row where you want two decimals. Select Format|Cells and click on Numbers. Make su...

[Fwd: Re: I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later]
FYI The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > > I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I > use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a > document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires > Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System > Pack.&...