Debug Assertion Faild

Debug Assertion Fail
Program: C:.....
File: winocc.cp
Line: 22

The exception Breakpoin
A breakpoint has been reache
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c

This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string.  Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly?  I'm not sure how to explore resolving this.  The information listed in the Debug is

The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0)
The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003)
The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programming\PeekaView\Debug\PeekaView.exe' has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Presumably you went into the debugger and examined this line of code. It says you tried to
do a ModifyStyle on a non-window. Look at what you are doing an fix it.

It is caused by trying to do something to a CWnd before the underlying window has been
created. The backtrace should show you exactly what you did and where you did it.
					joe

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 06:31:05 -0700, "Ray Schmidt" <raymondschmidt@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Debug Assertion Faild
>Program: C:......
>File: winocc.cpp
>Line: 220
>
>The exception Breakpoint
>A breakpoint has been reached
>(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369cc
>
>This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string.  Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly?  I'm not sure how to explore resolving this.  The information listed in the Debug is:
>
>The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
>The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).
>The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programming\PeekaView\Debug\PeekaView.exe' has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003).

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Dialog and asserts
Hi, I have a dialog based application and I want to open another dialog. I have a function int CMyDialog::Execute { // CMyDialog::Execute int ret_code; CNewDialog m_NewDialog(this); ret_code = m_NewDialog.DoModal(); return ret_code; } // CMyDialog::Execute that opens this dialog but this fail :( I got at assert on this line BOOL CWnd::Attach(HWND hWndNew) { ---> ASSERT(m_hWnd == NULL); // only attach once, detach on I have realized my application with the Wizard so I am not very expert about this stuff. Can someone tell me what's happening ? Stefano Malavasi __...

DEBUG
Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does not appear again Thanks Running Xp professtional heshie wrote: > Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on > my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is > formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does > not appear again &g...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

An application crashes only under debugging
Hi, I'm using VC++ 6.0. I have a Win32 Application (I will call it "EXE") which is linked with a Win32 DLL and I don't have the source files of the DLL; When I execute the EXE by double-clicking on the icon reprsenting it , there are no problems; On the contrary, if I try to debug the EXE the program crashes: in fact, the debugger shows an "Access Violation" error message and informs that an istruction of the DLL attempts to read a memory location which cannot be read. Does someone know a possible cause of this problem? Thanks. M If the DLL is an MFC DLL (it is...

Weird: CRichEditCtrl scrollbars work in debug build but not in release build
Hi, I have an App Wizard project (VS 6.0), non doc-view architecture. My view class is: class CRichTextView : public CRichEditCtrl. In MainFrm.cpp I have a member variable of: CRichTextView m_wndView;. I create the view as follows: if (!m_wndView.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_MULTILINE | WS_VSCROLL, CRect(0,0,0,0), this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST)) { TRACE0("Failed to create view window\n"); return -1; } It works "just peachy" in the debug build. But, when I make...

Very strange debugging problem
I have a windows console program that interfaces with a library that interfaces with a hardware device. I run the same unmodified program with the same input and get different results on different trials. My program is the same, the test data is the same, yet different runs produce different results. There are only two sorts of things that I can think of that could cause this: (1) The state of the hardware device changes between runs. (2) Some really weird memory error that causes my program to run correctly 75% of this time and fail other times. Does anyone have any ideas on how I ca...

Debug in Release mode?
Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) How do I do this? pointer would be much appreciated. >Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) > >How do I do this? The subject or the content? To debug a release build see "How to: Debug a Release Build" in your VC++ help. Dave In addition to what Dave suggested you might want to just do a find on this newsgroup using those keywords. There have been several discussions on that topic in the last few days that should pop up a bunch of links. If you can't find them let me know and ...

Debugging
Hi, I have an access violation in my program when closing, apart from that things are working in debug mode. This is difficult to deal due to a lack of information. One message I get is as below, is there anyway to turn this into something meaningful? Heap block at 009B1C68 modified at 009B2370 past requested size of 700 The stack trace shows ntdll! 77f75a58() What can I use to track problems like this down? I must be accessing restricted memory during the deallocation of objects or misusing the mfc, I do not know, though there does not appear to be any memory leaks. I did have memor...

remote debugging
Hi, I am using VC++ 6.0's remote debugger. It keeps complaining that the remote machine could not be found. I defined the remote machine as \\sty-401 or R: (a map drive that is equivalent to \\sty-401) in menu->Build->Debugger remote connection->Settings->Target machine name. I can access the machine by typing either \\stry-401 or R: in the windows explorer. That means the access has no problem. Can someone help me out? Thanks. Tony "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:etml8qy7GHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am ...

Debug
Hi, How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug mode??? (i been told that i need to insert the file of the lib to my project and so.. how to do it???") Thanks. To do it easily you have to have the source for the lib adn have the lib compiled in debug mode as well. Adding the project for the lib to your solution makes this pretty easy to do. Tom "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eR1dbIBoEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug > mode??? &...

XmlSerializer produces different results in debug and release buil
A few weeks ago, I upgraded an XML server of ours to .NET 2.0. All went fine. Then last week, I decided to remove all obsolete calls from the app and sign each project in the solution in the .NET 2 way so that the app compiled with no warnings. This built fine but we noticed that server was deserializing one of our XML messages incorrectly. I confirmed via source control that neither the schemas themselves nor the classes representing the messages had been altered but the problem continued. After some investigation, I found I could I could actively switch this bug on and off in debug mod...

Slightly OT: Debugging another process while my MFC app is running...
I have a stand alone application (which renders a 3D scene) that is controlled by my MFC application via XML over TCP/IP. Because the MFC application spawns the rendering application via CreateProcess, I can't debug the initialization of my rendering application in this scenario because I have to go through the IDE's debug|processes menu and choose the rendering application and select it. What I was wondering is: Is there a way to denote a process to debug which hasn't started yet? Ergo, if I set a breakpoint in my rendering application in the initialization code (for exampl...

Debug
Hello Everybody. We noticed today that, when accessing GP8 via Terminal Server, there is a Debug option on the menu bar that was never there before (and that is not there when accessing GP8 via the LAN. Anyone know how - this may have gotten here - how to make it go away We did not consciously turn on debugging, and there is a noticeable disintegration of performance. Thank you, Maria. Compare your dex.ini file from a workstation with the one on the Terminal Server. Look for a line in your dex.ini file like ScriptDebugger=TRUE and/or ScriptDebuggerProduct=XXXX and delete them....

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

It works in Debug...
I wrote a function which just increments or decrements a field, if you hit "+" or "-" (a la Quickbooks/Quicken). When I run it in debug, it works perfectly. When I turn off debug, however, it stops working. Here's the function: Public Function PlusMinus(FieldVal As Integer, Key As Integer) 'Increments/Decrements value based on + or - keys If Key = 43 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal + 1 ElseIf Key = 45 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal - 1 Else: PlusMinus = FieldVal End If End Function Here's the call from a field's OnKeypress Ev...

Debug Assertion Failed #3
I have the following code in my thread: while (true) { FData * pData = new FData(); ..... ..... ..... if (something==true) { Sleep(1000); delete pData ; continue; } } i get Debug Assertion Failed because of the delete pData. Why? Regards, Mystique Assuming pData is properly allocated, deleting should not cause the assert. You dont show the line of code where the assert is coming from. Are you using pData after it has been deleted? ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Mystique wrote: > i get Debug Assertion Failed because of t...

debugging
my client program is in .net and my web service is in .net. is there a way to put a breakpoint in my webservice and view the soap message coming into the service? thanks. Try out AmberPoint Express (free version) works for me, though it is a bit pokey... *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

how to debug
How can I debug my dll or my application ? I have written a dll that sometimes crashes (Access violation in module ntdll.dll) in Release Mode. So I tried to compile it in Debug Mode but it doesnt' crash anymore. How can I find where does the problem come from. I precise that the application that calls my dll is written in Delphi and that I don't have the source code. There are two ways that I do going forwad with this. 1. Add debug information to the release build and debug the release build, If that still doesn't crash, then Remove the Debug info and, 2. Add some messagebox th...

debugging error message: security setting prohibit running Active X controls
Please help me. I have a window appearing all the time when I open up a new e-mail message to send to someone after I went and got help from my DELL support team. The message window that pops up is "Your current security settings prohibit runnings security settings on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. What can I do ? At this time I cannot send a picture that's in my signature in outgoing e-mails. Sincerely, Vince :( ...

Debugging Excel-Start?
Hello, one excel workbook has a very long loading time. How can I see, what excel does? The workbook is several excel-versions old. Maybe that is causing the long loading times. With kind regards Florian Reiser -- http://www.ra-bc.de RA Unternehmensberatung F�hren durch pr�zise Daten This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C6783B.C3047290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-9" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You can add Stop statement to WorkBook_Open event or AutoOpen procedure. = After that save the workbook, close a...

Debugging Tricks : Going Blank
Over the last months/years, I've been shown some simple approaches to debugging here for which I'm grateful. But for the life of me, I can't recall some of them and my scraps of paper they were written on is buried deep amonst my many piled books and papers. So I'm putting a notebook together once and for all so I don't have to repeat my desperate calls for help on a topic already addressed. Perhaps some of you can remind me of a few basic items. ==================== Q. How does one get a list of the procedures in the order they are being called within a...

Debugging
Hi there, I'm making a call to the following from a standalone ".exe": System.Net.WebClient webClient = new WebClient(); webClient.UploadData("http://localhost//MyPage.aspx", whatever); Does anyone know how to trigger a breakpoint in the "Page_load()" method of "MyPage.aspx". I want to step into this but nothing I've tried works. Note that "Page_Load()" is being called however and breakpoints work if I set them when debugging the web app itself. Thank you. "Gerry" <_no_spam@_no_spam.com> wrote in m...

using CFileException
When I call "GetErrorMessage" on the CFileException object, as in the following snipet, I get a "Debug Assertion Failed!" error dialog: Code snipet: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CString fileName = _T("C:\\someFile.xsd"); CFile XSDFile; CFileException fileException; if ( !XSDFile.Open(fileName, CFile::modeRead, &fileException) ) { // Problem opening the file, determine error TCHAR errCause[1024]; //TODO - Debug assertion raised on this line, why?? fileException.GetErrorMessage(errCause, 1024); ...

Debug Error
Using Outlook 2002 - Trying to open get a X Debug Error - Abnormal Program Termination - Retry to Debug - when click on retry it aborts. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Thanks in advance. Jo ...

How to debug DB2-C Stored procedures on VC++
Hi, We need to debug DB2-C Stored procedures sitting on Z/Os (IBM). Those are embedded SQL C programs. We are using Db2 Connect 7.2 to connect to the database. Now I want to debug those C programs in VC++ editor. If somebody has solution pl write to me. Rgds Siva ...