DataGridView

DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hot fudge Sunday with waffles in France.

AliR.

"Marcelo Bettencourt" <MarceloBettencourt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:C81A2080-B7EC-46D9-9785-0C6C54AA4AB4@microsoft.com...
> DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net

0
AliR3470 (3235)
3/14/2008 4:44:11 PM

Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type
combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox
A little more info would be nice?  What version of VC++ are you using?  It
sounds like you are creating .Net app???
Where did you get your Datagrid?  VC++ nor MFC nor SDK has a control called
DataGrid. (.Net on the other had does.)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=add+combobox+to+datagrid

in message news:18EA33CF-F676-4C39-AB47-2B05C0AD6DF8@microsoft.com...

> Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type
> combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox

0
AliR3470 (3235)

DataGridView Events
What are the events handlers I need to insert / update / delete rows in a datagridview? Seems a lot different than asp.net. I can initially bind the datagridview but don't know the event handlers to add/update/delete. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks a lot. If you create your own made data source, one way is to implement IBindingList and to define an empty constructor (to add new "row"). BindingList><T> does implement IBindingList. You can use BindingSource to expose IBindingList on types that do not implement IBindingList. Here an example...

Put a checkbox in the header of the datagridview
Hi, How can I put a checkbox in the header of the datagridview? Thanks ...

How to read from different'levels' of xml to a datagridview?
I have the following XML file (Called CustomerList.xml) ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <customerList xmlns="http://tempuri.org/CustomerListSchema.xsd"> <customer> <CompanyName>Company One</CompanyName> <ContactName>Joe</ContactName> <Email>Joe@CompanyOne.com</Email> <Phone>01234 567890</Phone> <BillToAddress> <Name>Company One</Name> <Street>1 Some Street</Street> <City>Some City</City> <State>Some State</State>...

DataSet into DataGridView
Hi all, I have the below code I=92m using to populate three DataGridView=92s I have on my form without much success at the moment as the DataGridView only displays one column of data once it has run :/ In the example I am just trying to get it working for one DataGridView with the intention of passing in SQL to define the DataSet=92s once its working. I am unsure weather I have missed something because I can view all the data in the visualiser but it only seems to populate the one column in the DataGridView. Please help. Scott. Private Sub cboUserName_SelectedIndexC...

Datagridview Determine if right click is on selected cells
VB 2005 How do I tell if a right click on a datagridview is in the selected cells? I want to selected the cell if it's not, and if it is in the selected cell range do nothing. I have this code to select the right clicked cell, but how do I check if it's in the selected cell range? Private Sub DataGridView_CellMouseDown(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs) _ Handles DataGridView.CellMouseDown If e.Button = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Right Then Me.DataGridView.CurrentCell = Me.DataGridView.Rows(e.RowInde...

adding user control to a cell in a DataGridView
Instead of one of the existing column types I would like to have a user control appear in a cell in a gridview. What I have done is created a control CCTest : Control, IDataGridViewEditingControl inherits from Control, and implements IDataGridViewEditingControl I then create a cell class TestCell : DataGridViewCell in here I override public override void InitializeEditingControl(int rowIndex, object initialFormattedValue, DataGridViewCellStyle dataGridViewCellStyle) to set the editing control for the cell. these get used in a column I create and add to t...

Attach DatagridView binding into a pop up
Hi all - what would be the cleanest way of showing a databound grid on one screen with a right click "Edit" option that pops up a modal window with databound controls for Editting. I want to preserve the binding that is on the original grid, and apply the updates the minute we hit save. (Editting directly in grids is disallowed by policy for some obscure reason) I was thinking to pass the datasource across into the pop up form - but this aparently causes problems with dropdown boxes forcing records to be marked as "Editted" when no change has actually occu...

DataGridView
DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net Hot fudge Sunday with waffles in France. AliR. "Marcelo Bettencourt" <MarceloBettencourt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81A2080-B7EC-46D9-9785-0C6C54AA4AB4@microsoft.com... > DataGridView with combobox in VisualC + +. Net Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox A little more info would be nice? What version of VC++ are you using? It sounds like you are creating .Net app??? Where did you get yo...

ComboBox in DataGridView
I have a form that has a DataGridView control (.NET 2.0) on it. I am using a combobox in one of the columns and it works fine. The only problem that I have is that the box with the arrow is displayed for all the rows all of the time for that column. I would like to hide the box with the arrow until the cell gets the focus. Is this possible? I use the following code to build the DataGridView: dgvTemplates.AutoGenerateColumns = false; DataGridViewTextBoxColumn col1 = new DataGridViewTextBoxColumn(); col1.DataPropertyName = "Id"; dgvTemplates.Columns.Add(col1)...

DataGridView Column
Hi all, My datatable contains two columns. I visualize it with a DataGridView. Now I want to disable editing the entire column[1]. How do I manage to do that ? Thx all Datagridview1.Columns[1].ReadOnly = true; Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Single row delete causes concurrency error via datagridview
Simply one row deleted from datagridview. In the UserDeletedRow event we: called endedit on the bindingsource for the grid and then call the tableadapter.update on the dataset. The update method is when the concurrency error happens. Totally confused. This couldn't be a simpler example. One table with a few columns with a single deleted row. Ideas? Hello, Optimistic concurrency is checked by selecting the row using the original values in the where clause. If one of the values stored in the DB is truncated because of a precision problem, the where clause won't retu...

Images from file into datagridview
Hi, I really appreciate all the help I'm getting from this group. I'm loading a datagridview and I need to add thumbnails to it based on a string that's returned from the database. So first I load the data, then I create and add a datagridviewimagecolumn. The reason I'm adding a column to show the photo is that the rest of the grid is bound but the images aren't stored in the database. They're stored on file. Then based on a string column returned to the datagrid I loop through my newly created image column creating a bitmap for each row. I think cre...

DataGridView checkbox.
When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox. How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed. CellValueChanged is not good enough, since the event occurs after both two steps : 1. I change the value of the cell. 2. I move to another cell. I want exactly when the checkBox.checked is changed (DataGridViewCheckBoxCell). Thanks :) On 24/06/2010 11:54, Mr. X. wrote: > When I use dataGridView, and one of it's elements is a checkBox. > How can I catch the event, exactly when the checkBox is changed. > I want exactly when the...

DataGridView values.
Hello. I want one of the column of DataGridView to act as comboBox (but without the triangle). I want something like value of 0 : display zero. value of 1 : display one. Is there any solution for that ? Thanks :) .... like lookup field (there is a value, but the text is a the value of lookup). "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:OYiE859$KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I want one of the column of DataGridView to act as comboBox (but without > the triangle). > I want something like > value of 0 : displ...

Updating DataGridView bound DataTable from different thread
How I can add rows in a DataTable bound to a DataGridView from another thread. If I directly add it, my DataGridView stop responding. I am looking something Invoke kind of method. Regards, Manish ...

Datagridview binding
Datagridview binding is quite simple when using classes that expose fixed attributes using BindingList. Suppose I have a Field that exposes Name and Value attributes. Now, I also have a class Fields which is basically a collection of class Field as you can see: Fields : KeyedCollection<string, Field>. So far everything is fine. But now I want to implement a collection of Fields, which are Rows basically (something like a DataTable) that I can be able to bind easily to a DataGridView. How can I achieve this? TIA ...

Datagridview Combobox Values
Good Afternoon All, I have a datagridview dgv1 that has a combobox column in it. Each row should have an individual item to select from in the combobox. My code displays the same values in all of them. Any help would be great! Here's my code: Dim dsMP As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim intRow As Integer = 0 Dim intRows As Integer = dgvRO.Rows.Count Dim strPartNumber As String = "" Dim dt As DataTable = Nothing Dim dr As DataRow = Nothing For intRow = 0 To intRows - 1 strPartNumber = dgvRO.Rows...

Edit XXML in DatagridView
Hi! Does anyone know about any tutorial that show how to edit a XML-file in a dataGridView? I want to check if it possible to do this... It is no problem to show a XML file in a dataGridView like this (Windows Form C#): public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); string filePath = "IP.xml"; ipDataset.ReadXml(filePath); dataGridView1.DataSource = ipDataset; dataGridView1.DataMember = "ip"; } But I want to edit the XML-File in the dataGridView add, remove, change the data... Help anyone :-) ...

Sort datagridview associated with a List
Hi, If I associate a DataGridView to a LIST <>, the Grid not sorted by clicking on the header. Any idea to do this? Thanks Paul, Try implementing this: This code is pinched from one of my projects, the control being sorted is a listview, it is populated by data from SQL Server but this won't affect your project as lonbg as when you click the column headings your list contains data it should work. Private Sub lstPacks_ColumnClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ColumnClickEventArgs) Handles lstPacks.ColumnClick lstPacks.List...

Time format in datagridview
Hi, I'm putting data from an SQLserver database in a datagridview by making use of a stored procedure. There's a time field in there that has decimal places to the seconds. But even when I do this: grd.Columns("time").DefaultCellStyle.Format = "HH:mm:ss" The datagridview still shows something like: 01:13:54.360000 How can I make it to only show whole seconds? "bpsdgnews" <dippides@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0447f1b8-94aa-41b4-b7d6-563ef5384757@22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm putting data from ...

DataGridViewComboBoxColumn change to automatically update DataGridView
I have a standard DataGridView. One of the columns is a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn. When I select one of the ComboBox items, I want to trap the change and add additional columns based on the item selected in the ComboBox. I've tried using CellValueChanged for the DataGridView column, and a bunch of other events, but none of them is fired when the DataGridViewComboBox value is changed. What event can I trap to make this happen? Right now as I said, I am using CellValueChanged, but of course the event doesn't fire until I click on another cell... -- Message posted via DotNetM...

Datagridview selected rows
I want to get the first selected row of DataGridView Selected Rows. The goal is that I would hold down CTRL or SHIFT and select multiple rows, then I could click a button or menuitem and update all selected rows with a value from the first selected row. For example in crystal reports you hold down shift and click multiple control and select Same Width and it resizes all to Width of the first one you clicked. Datagridview seems to works if you the select in order going down the grid, but from bottom to top its different. If I could find out the direction, then i could take the first ...

Vb.net 2008 Datagridview bound/unbound columns update datasource effecting unbound columns
Greetings, Well this is really a continuation from a previous thread and I've exhausted all my resources in finding an answer so posting in it's own thread. A datagridview is created programmatically and then the datasource is set to a dataset with all but the datagridviewcheckboxcells bound using the dataproperty option. If I change the underlying datasoure I.e. the datatable (e.g. removing a datarow) then the unbound columns if checkbox values are selected i.e. true are ALL set to false. Is this usual behaviour? Can I prevent this? I couldn't find a singl...

Change state of detached column of dataGridView.
In VB.NET 2008 (VS 2008) I see I can change the state of an unChanged column, but for detached column - I cannot change the state. Dim objRowV As DataRowView Dim objRow As DataRow objRowV = myBindSource.Current objRow = objRowV.Row objRow("my_column") = 123 objRow.SetAdded() ' **** this line troughs an exception. **** .... How can I handle this case ? Thanks :) Am 10.04.2010 15:00, schrieb Mr. X.: > In VB.NET 2008 (VS 2008) I see I can change the state of an unChanged > column, > but for detach...

datagridview Combobox column
Hi all, [vb2008] I need help with the following, I have a grid that i have put on there 2 textbox's and a combobox column which works ok. When i then add the data by using the following code below, it works, my problem is with the combobox "YesNo" it put the complete contents of the datatable into the combobox for each row. My question is how can i limit the drop down to 1 yes and 1 no. But at the same time display the correct value according to the datatable? Many Thanks Simon DataGridView1.Columns(0).Visible = False DataGridView1.Columns(1).Visibl...