Data from DialogBox to MainFrame

Hi, I have a CDialogBox class, which collects some information
(Cstrings and ints), and stores them in internal variales. I would like
to pass that information to the MainFrame class. how can i do that?
I'm using Visual Stuido 6.0. SDI.
thanks in advance

0
mrbiancu (40)
10/14/2006 8:30:28 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Martin wrote:

> Hi, I have a CDialogBox class, which collects some information
> (Cstrings and ints), and stores them in internal variales. I would like
> to pass that information to the MainFrame class. how can i do that?
> I'm using Visual Stuido 6.0. SDI.
> thanks in advance

Martin:

Is this a modal or modeless dialog?

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
10/15/2006 12:12:46 AM
> Hi, I have a CDialogBox class, which collects some information
> (Cstrings and ints), and stores them in internal variales. I would like
> to pass that information to the MainFrame class. how can i do that?
> I'm using Visual Stuido 6.0. SDI.

>From the dialog, you can always get to mainframe using AfxGetMainWnd.
Once you have this pointer, you could

- Post a message (PostMessage) to it and pass some parameters
or
- Cast it to mainframe object and call a method on it in which you pass
the data.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Data Validation #69
I am having the data entry clerk entering time in military form (ex: 1330 = 1:30pm), but I do not want the last two digits to go over 60 at anytime. Can anyone help? Is there a function in excel that will do military time? Thanks. -- exsam21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ exsam21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502516 You could use a custom data validation as follows:- (assuming the data is going into A1 - adjust A1 if this...

Data Labels On 3-D Bar Charts
I REALLY need to find a way to set my data labels at center or outside, the choices in a reguar bar chart. Is there any way to do that? And if you happen anyone happens to know if it is in any add-ins. I'm waiting to get the downloads UN-BLOCKED!! My work is a joke. Thanks ...

Commissions data base HELP
I need help programing a data base to figuare out commisions. I need a data base to multiply 0-250 by $.50 then from 251-500 by $.65 then from 501-750 by $.75 then from 751-1000 by $.85 then from 1001-1500 by $1.00 then from 1501-2000 by $1.15 and then from 2001 + by $1.25. So if someone would enter 2000 I need the data base to multiply the first 250 by $.50 then the next 250 by $.65 then the next 250 by $.75 and so on. Any suggestions will help. Thanks Jason One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1>{0,250,500,750,1000,1500,2000}), (A1-{0,250,500,750,1000,1500,2000}), {0.5,0.15,0.1,0.1,0.15...

How do I import Quickbools Premier data?
I'd like to try Money 2007, but I cannot find a way to import all of my QB data? Surely they didn't leave this out. I must be missing how its done. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Unless QBP can export QIF formatted data files--and I'm betting it can't--surely they did leave this out. And don't call me Shirley. "smerf" <smerf@shroom.com> wrote in message news:DrqFg.36807$Uq1.32369@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > Surely they didn't leave this out. QBP wouldn't necc have it as an export function - why assist they a c...

vertical column to horizantal data
I have been copying and pasting data to and from a column in Excel and various other utilities like notepad. I need to have the vertical data/cells (1,000+) in a horizontal format. Is there a quick easy way to do this? TIA In other words: How can I change one long column into one long row? "NewsGuy" <john-os@excite.com> wrote in message news:3oCbe.5309$lf2.3769@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > I have been copying and pasting data to and from a column in Excel and > various other utilities like notepad. I need to have the vertical > data/cells (1,000+) in a horizonta...

How to embed expression in data labels on a chart
Hi all, I'm working on a chart problem, please see the data sample below: X Y L 1 11 123 2 22 234 3 33 345 4 44 456 5 55 567 I want make a chart, using X column as x axis, Y column as y axis, and chart type is line chart. So the result will be a chart with a x axit, and a single data series. Now I want to show data label on each data point on Y series, but I need show the value of L column on the same row as Y column. That mean the data label need to show the result a an expression. Is there anybody know how to make it? VBA solution is acceptable for me, but I have...

Counting Rainfall Data
I know this has probably been discussed many times...but I need some help counting rainfall data. My spreadsheet consists of 50,000+ days worth of rainfall data and I need to know the maximum number of consecutive days with no rainfall OR trace rainfall. For example...my data looks like this from left to right... 0.00 0.00 T 0.15 T T 0.00 0.00 0.27 In this case it would be 4 (T,T,0,0) Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance... Let's say you can change your layout so that data is in a single column, in cells A2:A50000. In B2 put this formula =IF(OR(A2="T",A2=0,1,0) In B3 p...

Sample data wizard not starting up 09-12-07
I've installed CRM 3.0 on a win2003 server, and I have an additional win2003 server acting as domain controller. The installation was successfull and the CRM system works fine. When I try to run the sample data wizard, nothing happens, and this message appears in the SampleDataWizardLog: Sample Data Wizard started at 2007-09-12 10:00:20 Error occurred while trying to retrieve the users from the Active Directory Domain - 2007-09-12 10:00:35 The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.ChooseUserForm" threw an exception. - 2007-09-12 10:00:35 Sampl...

Data will not synchronize to Outlook Sales
When going offline, I am able to synchronize the forms including customiztions. However, the data is not transferring. My account has full admin rights. Any thoughts on how to reset and try again? More info... What happens? Does it look likes it completes? Any blips, errors? Which data have you checked? >-----Original Message----- >When going offline, I am able to synchronize the forms >including customiztions. However, the data is not >transferring. My account has full admin rights. Any >thoughts on how to reset and try again? >. > Only forms customiza...

Combo box data vanishing
In a continuous form, I have a task field combo which is used to filter options for a position combo AND a materials combo. The position combo works fine, and materials combo works fine in the current record, but once I move to a new record, the entry in the materials combo vanishes. It's saved to the appropriate table (options), but just looks (at best) unprofessional, hard to edit, etc. Also, the edit form built from the same setup displays a dialog when opening that asks for the task and only displays the material selected for the same task as entered. All combos were set up in...

Histogram
Does anyone know how to create a histogram that remains dynamicall linked to the source data? I can use the histogram plug-in, but when I "down select" the sourc data using Autofilter, the histogram does not update. I've figured ou that the histogram macro must be re-run on the new data. Also, hidin rows in the source data (as in Autofilter) does not exclude those row from the computations of the histogram macro. When I select a reduce set of records, the Histogram Macro reads all the source rows, eve those that are hidden. I was able to create a frequency distribution c...

Copy Cell Data From One Sheet To Another
I'm not sure that what I want to do will work, but here goes. I have one workbook containing two sheets. On sheet one, I have a cell, let's say C2. In the next column, D2 and E3, I have empty cells. In worksheet two, I have three columns with data in them. What I need to do is set up something so that when I enter data in cell C2 of worksheet one and hit enter, a program or formula copies that data, goes to worksheet two, searchs for the copied data, and when found, copies the data from the found cell and the next two cells (find data in G1, copy data from G1:I1) from workshe...

How to Show Records with No Data..........
I am working for a petroleum company, I have created a Sales Pivot Table which can be used to analysis sales information. The pivot table allows the users to look at total sales by category like Retail, Consumer and Competitor, and under each category it shows the list of customers who has purchased and what amount of fuel. The problem is, Pivot Table doesnt list all the customers who have not purchased from us. I mean, lets assume i have a list of 100 customers grouped as Retail 30, Consumer 60 and Competitor 10. Every month all these 100 customers are supposed to purchase from me, the pi...

How to add data outside chart range
I'm an excel chart beginner. How do I add data to the data worksheet to automatically update the linked chart, when the new data goes outside the chart range. Ie, the value axis is Percentage, the existing data goes up to 40%, and the linked chart's value axis goes up to 40%. If I add data over 40%, the line goes up off the chart. The chart does not not increase in range. I there any way to automtically increase the range shown on the chart, or do I have do a new automatic chart? The reason I don't want to do that is that I have tweaked a number of automatically created cha...

Excel 97/2000
Hi, Can someone please help me with a formula that I am having problems creating? In a folder I have 500+ 'randomly' named workbooks, plus one master workbook. The master workbook stays the same (it is the one I work with) whilst all the others will change daily. The changing workbooks all contain the same information types - that is each one is a set of contact details, with the file name being the contact name and the following example data: A1 - Address 1 A2 - Address 2 B1 - Telephone B2 - email address etc. On a daily basis, the master workbook is to collect all this data,...

Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions I Could Copy the data
I have program from the US Goverment Called Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions I Could Copy the data to Excel or Word, I cannot with office 2003. I have installed the convert pack. Help! You can export the data in csv format. (File>Export) Then, in Excel, choose File>Open For 'files of type' select Text files Select your Saving bond wizard export file, click Open sbwizard wrote: > I have program from the US Goverment Called Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions > I Could Copy the data to Excel or Word, > I cannot with office 2003. I have installed the convert pack. Help...

Problem with entering data in Pocket PC version of Money 2004
Dear all, When I synchronize my Pocket PC with my PC, all the data I had entered on the Pocket PC version of the Money 2004 disappeared on both PC and Pocket PC. Can anybody tell me what 's that problem and how to avoid. Thank you very much. -Kien Bui ...

Why won't my newly entered data sort with old data ? #2

Graphing data not yet entered
When I make up a simple line graph (such as graphing names and ages), I can define the source data with mty cells at the end. For example, if I have 5 names and 5 ages, that go in cells A1:A5 and B1:B5, respectively. In my graph, I have the source data for the names defined as A1:A10 and ages defined as B1:B10. This obviously includes blank cells. The graph works fine, as I feel in additional names and ages. The line extends out appropriately. But when I have a graph that should have several lines, I am unable to pull off the same trick. If I include blank cells in the source data, th...

Corrupt connection to data file
See below for my original post and a reply, here are some more details. I installed Optlook 2003 on my new PC then copied my Outlook.pst file from my old machine to the new machine and that resulted in 2 Personal Folders appearing. I don't recall now exactly how but I managed to get rid of one of them and Outlook uses the other one (copied from old PC) just fine until I try to access the Advanced Options for the folder so I can compress the data file. By "Second Mail Folder" I mean that I have a Personal Folders where I have all my personal emails and I also have a Work Re...

delete duplicate data
Can Somebody please explain this code to me? I think it may meet my needs but I'm just not sure. I want to delete the previous row if the data in column G is the same in 2 consecutive rows. Sub deleledupsinpreviousrows() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i - 1, 1) = Cells(i, 1) Then Rows(i - 1).Delete Next End Sub Hi SITCFanTN, Your code operates on duplicates in column A of the active sheet. Try the following minor adaptation: '=============>> Sub DeleleDupesInPreviousRows() Dim WB As Workbook Dim SH As Worksheet ...

How to querry data or can I use SQL ?
Hi, I have one two worksheets in Excel one is simple and the second is pivot table, what i want to do is: I want to do something what would be in SQL like: SELECT averange_field_from_pivot_table WHERE field_from_Worksheet1 = field_from_Worksheet2 How can I handle this in excel ? regards Peter screw Excel, use Access grow up "Piotr" <hokah@wp.pl> wrote in message news:cq47bi$sql$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, > I have one two worksheets in Excel one is simple and the second is pivot > table, what i want to do is: > I want to do something what would be in SQL like...

Formula to return data using hyperlink?
i want to make formula to return data from another excel sheet using hyperlink to this sheet?? Why use HYPERLINK? VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH can do this for you. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 11, 2:59=A0pm, Mohamed <Moha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to make formula to return data from another excel sheet using > hyperlink to this sheet?? Hi, A hyperling would take you to the location but to return the value try this =Sheet1!A1 Mike "Mohamed" wrote: > i want to make formula to return data from another excel sheet using >...

move a row of data from one work sheet to another using a formula
Hello, I am trying to create a formula that will move the contents of an entire row in one worksheet or multiple worksheets into a single worksheet that accumulates all the rows. Specifically, I have multiple worksheets created that have the same format as far as the cells and rows go. The text in each cell and row is different and some of the cells contain formulas. There will be a column of cells with no text in each worksheet. When I enter a number into that empty cell it changes the numbers in a few of the other cells within that row. I want the rows with values in the c...

updating data daily for a wk/month total
Hi! I have a workbook set up to import the previous days business results. However, the worksheets also show the total for that week, month, and year (these #s are not the last 7days or 30days or 365days, but the results so far of that week, ie Mon being 1st day & Sun being the 7th day). As of now, I am manually adding the days results into the week, month, and yr cells, but this is a massive daily project. Is there a function (or something) that would add today's numbers to yesterday's total wk/month/year numbers? ...