CTreeCtrl text backwards

Hi,

I am using a CTreeCtrl, and setting the text for a tree item as follows:

   SetItemText(hTreeItem, "AAA BBB !!!");

Unfortunately, when the tree item is displayed, the exclamation marks appear
at the beginning of the string, instead of at the end of the string ("!!!
AAA BBB").

What's going on?

Thanks.
Don

0
__dgurr (1)
5/14/2005 12:01:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Works fine here.. show us the surrounding code.

    Rail
--
      Recording Engineer/Software Developer
      Rail Jon Rogut Software

"Don Gurr" <__dgurr@veriteq.com__> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using a CTreeCtrl, and setting the text for a tree item as follows:
>
>   SetItemText(hTreeItem, "AAA BBB !!!");
>
> Unfortunately, when the tree item is displayed, the exclamation marks
> appear at the beginning of the string, instead of at the end of the string
> ("!!! AAA BBB").
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks.
> Don

0
railro (128)
5/14/2005 8:14:44 AM
Hi
Check ur TreeCtrl not having RTLReading order
Bye

"Don Gurr" <__dgurr@veriteq.com__> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using a CTreeCtrl, and setting the text for a tree item as follows:
>
>   SetItemText(hTreeItem, "AAA BBB !!!");
>
> Unfortunately, when the tree item is displayed, the exclamation marks
> appear at the beginning of the string, instead of at the end of the string
> ("!!! AAA BBB").
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks.
> Don

0
peiman (7)

highlight text
just wondering if anyone knows if you can hightlight just some text in an organization chart in one of the boxes? On Tue, 9 May 2006 10:19:02 -0700, jessicarenahere <jessicarenahere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >just wondering if anyone knows if you can hightlight just some text in an >organization chart in one of the boxes? Double clicking the box will put you into text edit mode. Select the text you require (standard Windows mouse or cursor keys and shift key). Apply any text formatting from the Format toolbars or from the Format menu. Multiple formats can be applied to...

slanted text boxes
Hello, I wanted to put the word's "Postponed" in a textbox and then stick the box on an angle across an event in a newsletter. Is this possible to do in MS Word (2007)? What would you recommend I do? Thanks. On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:20:56 -0500, Ben <abc@efg.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I wanted to put the word's "Postponed" in a textbox and then stick the >box on an angle across an event in a newsletter. Is this possible to do >in MS Word (2007)? What would you recommend I do? > >Thanks. It is not possible with a text bo...

Formula to count text and alert me if a text appears more than twi
Hi I have a column of text and I need to be alerted if the same text appears more than twice in the column. The column changes on a regular basis. e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Tom "ALERT AN ITEM APPEARS MORE THAN TWICE" Thanks Mike Select the column (say it's Col D), use Data/Validation, change Allow Any Value to Allow Custom, enter =COUNTIF(D:D,D1)=1, then choose an appropriate error message on the error tab if you wish. This won't change any already existing duplicates, but you can find those by tools/auditing/show auditing toolbar, then click the "circle Invali...

Text box shadow in Publisher
When I create a text box shadow in Publisher 2002, I get a shadow line, but now shadow fill. The only option available to create a fill fills the whole text box, not just the shadow area. Any solutions? -- Clare Clare again... Correction: "I get a shadow line but NOT a shadow fill." ... -- Clare "Pastor Clare" wrote: > When I create a text box shadow in Publisher 2002, I get a shadow line, but > now shadow fill. The only option available to create a fill fills the whole > text box, not just the shadow area. Any solutions? > -- > Clare Right-click ...

Linking text boxes with different text orientation
I'm trying to link several text boxes in Word 2003 and want the text orientation to be different in some of the boxes, but it only seems to work if they all have the same orientation. Is there a way around this that I am missing? Linked text boxes must have the same text direction. As far as I know there is no way around that. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kit M" <KitM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEDBAA85-4AD1-4E36-AC90-DFC5973B4936@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to link several text boxes in Word 2003 and want the ...

selection in CTreeCtrl
Hello, I have a Tree Control in my application that displays two types of items: type A and type B. I want to implement the following: 1. When user clicks on any item of type A it should be shown as selected and the previously selected item will be deselected - it is actually the default behavior. 2. When user clicks on any item of type B - nothing should happen: the previously selected item remain selected and the clicked item remains deselected. So, actually, I want that the items of type B will never highlighted with a blue band. How can do it? Thanks, Mark. -- Please ...

Outlook 2007
Hi, In Outlook 2007 - specifically related to the Reading Pane - How does one adjust the text size so that it remains enlarged or reduced? Unlike with Outlook 2003 where we had to click on the border surrounding the reading pane to access the text size changes - all I can find relative to Outlook 2007 is to use the Ctrl+Mouse scroll wheel. If the feature was intentionally removed, it most certainly does not allow for success when in productivity mode and it is quite frustrating for those who wear glasses or are senior citizens. _If_ Microsoft has not taken into account people with vis...

Free text for the phone format
This is to enable keying in free text for the phone and fax formats for international clients. For example, if the primary country is NZ, Great Plains should be able to accept phone formats for clients outside of NZ (say for example, AUS or US, which have different formats). (Logged from case no 8333732) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

text only in toolbar buttons
Hi, does anybody know how to get toolbar buttons that only show text and not an icon. I tried setting the iBitmap of TBBUTTON struct to -1 and no icon is displayed, however I get empty space where the icon normally would be displayed any ideas? Thanks Did you try by simply setting its imagelist to NULL, i.e. SetImageList(NULL); You will also find the style TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE useful for controlling the size of each button. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "just_me" <just.me@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:bnb2tc$79a$1@reader11.wxs.nl... | Hi, | | do...

Bolding or Hilighting node in a CTreeCtrl
I am looking for a way of of bolding, hilighting, or changing the text color for one specific node in a CTreeCtrl. Is this possible? If so, how? You have use an owner draw tree control. Look in here for one: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/#Custom+Tree+Controls This one looks useful http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/colortreectrl.asp AliR. <mr.porteiro.head@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141668031.681508.117640@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > I am looking for a way of of bolding, hilighting, or changing the text > color for one specific node in a CTreeCtrl. Is t...

find text and delete rows
I would like to be able to find the word "service" and then select the row it is in and the row below it and then delete both rows. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim FoundCell As Range With Worksheets("Sheet1") Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="service", _ After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) End With If FoundCell Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Not found" Else FoundCell.Resiz...

Changing English text to Spanish text
Hello can anyone help me out with this... I'm creating a newsletter, and want to see if there is a way to convert the english text to spanish... Any help would be great.. Thank you Gilbert Saenz sagi300@dshs.wa.gov There are translation services available for a cost. "Gilbert Saenz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:184001c3fbd5$f566d9b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello can anyone help me out with this... I'm creating a > newsletter, and want to see if there is a way to convert > the english text to spanish... Any help would be great.....

Sum in numbers for text values
Help! I have been asked by work to create a spreadsheet for tracking the number of companies we are speaking to. I need to calculate the total number of companies in a certain column but some companies are listed twice as we have different contacts in each company. Do I need to somehow convert the text in to a numerical value in order to total each column and how do I go about excluding duplicates? Thanks Andy -- asgh77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ asgh77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36700 View ...

Text/Font Size in Money 2006
Dude, there has to be a way to make the font size bigger in Money 2006! My eyes are stinging! I've looked everywhere but can't seem to figure out how to make the text easier to read. Why does Microsoft think that super small text size is better? I'm under 30 y/o, don't wear glasses, and I'm running my 19" LCD at 1280 x 1024 (which I don't think is too outrageous). I have clear type font smoothing enabled and I have even bumped up the font size within Windows XP. Do I need to get a magnifying glass next? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for ...

text typed into one cell shows up in another
Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I would type text in cell D1226, hit enter, and the text would diplay in cell Q1226. How does one fix this? I'm using Windows XP and Excel 2007. -- CarenvB Do you have a formula in Q1226? Maybe it's just retrieving the value in D1226? If the value D1226 actually disappears, then you may have a macro that's helping you. CarenvB wrote: > > Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I would type text in cell D1226, > hit enter, and the text would diplay in cell Q1226. How does one fix this? > I'm using Windows XP a...

adding text
I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o having to type the whole column over. Is this possible Yes: supposing your column of numbers is col. A, in a different column type ="shercs"&A1 hi, i would guess that the easiest, least complicated way would be to use the a formula assuming that your column of numbers is in column A. Add a column after column A. in the blank cell B2 enter.... ="shercs" &A2) or =A2 & "shercs" depencing which side of the number you want shercs on. then copy down. copy column the pastespec...

Merged Cells and Wrapped Text
I am facing a problem when trying to automatically wrap text for cells that have been merged. The row height is not changing and is only showing one line, and I have to change the row height manually. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson. http://makeashorterlink....

CTreeCtrl EditLabel
Ok here is the problem. I have created an owner drawn tree (CCheckTree). Each node in the tree has a check box beside it. I have derived (CEditableCheckTree) from (CCheckTree). CEditableCheckTree has the edit labels style. When I call the EditLabel function the edit control shows up but when I left click in the edit control the caret isn't placed in the control, I can't select the text, or type into the control. I can right click and paste into the control, but that is just about all. Also if I call the edit control's SetFocus function it never receives focus. I know that I'm o...

Query Results in Text Box
Hello, I have an existing form with employee data. I have just finished building a query that is a summation of the hours that an employee has worked at the company. It is a totals query so it always returns one answer. What I would like to do is have the results of the query appear in the Employee Form (frmEmployees) that I have created. The query and form share the common field EmployeeID. Therefore on the query, I said the criteria for the EmployeeID was to be [Forms]! [frmEmployees]![EmployeeID]. When I double click the query and insert an Employee ID, it gives me the right number. ...

CTreeCtrl
I have a CTreeCtrl with a couple of leafs and each leaf has a checkbox associated with it. If the user checks the checkbox of a leaf, how do I determine which leaf was checked? What callback can be used to get the check state of a leaf? NMCLICK msg works but I do not know how to get the current leaf that was clicked on. Does anybody know? Scott O' http://www.it-faq.pl/mskb/261/289.HTM Regards, Victor "ScottyO" <ofriels@abc.com> wrote in message news:ulAhetDREHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a CTreeCtrl with a couple of leafs and each leaf has a checkbo...

Top margins in linked text boxes are misaligned
I have a rather long document with linked text boxes. All is well and good, except all but the first text box bring the top line of text closer to the top of the text box. I have double checked and the text box margins are exactly the same, yet the first text box still looks like it has a larger top margin. Each text box needs to look the same for this publication and I am really trying to avoid tweaking the margins on all but one text box on a document that is nearing 100 pages in length. If the margins are the same, shouldn't the text end up in the same place? (Publisher 2003) ...

Remove a nodes where attribute has specified text. (Variable depth xml)
I have an XML document as follows: <Menu> <Group> <Item Text="About Us" AccessRoles="All"> <Group> <Item Text="Option 1" AccessRoles="All" /> <Item Text="Option 2" AccessRoles="All" /> <Item Text="Option 3" AccessRoles="All" /> </Group> </Item> <Item Text="Projects" AccessRoles="All"> <Group> <Item Text="Option 1" AccessRoles="All" /> ...

Outlook2007 Can't select text
This has occurred several times. I cannot select text or place the cursor anywhere on page when composing or replying. If I close Outlook and restart it that seems to solve the problem. I gather this is a known issue in the Beta. Does anyone know of a fix? There are some known issues related to responsiveness in the editor that = should go away in later versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, a...

Calendar Text Box all the same
How can I make each calendar day for a whole year have the same text in it withough cut/paste each individual box seperately....Is there a way to format the text box so they are all the same for the 12 months? ...

CTreeCtrl ::EnsureVisible
hi all, I've been using a tree ctrl in a modeless dialog to display some data. When I call ensurevisible(treeitemhandle) from outside the dialog it works really well except if the handle is for a child item... If the handle is for a child item then the scroll only goes to the root node leaving the child hidden below the node. this behavior still happens with the node expanded or collapsed before the call. No difference if I use SelectSetFirstVisible(treeitemhandle) still only scrolls to the node. Any ideas what might be happening or someway to make it work right? Thanks, Johnny "...