CTreeCtrl : 2 or more overlays

Hi,

I use CTreeCtrl::SetItemState to show overlayed images for a tree item
icon. For different states of object different overlays are used. My
question is: can I use two overlayed images simultaneously? I tried,
the last one just overwrites the first one. Of course I can create
third image that combines those two. I just want to make sure there is
no other way to implement this. (Prefer to code rather than paint).

Regards,

~Peter

0
vasyutin (12)
7/29/2006 1:24:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To the best of my knowledge, no.  It is also hard to come up with overlays that Play Well
Together under these conditions.  I'd suggest the third-image approach [provide ;your own
zither sound effects here]
				joe

On 28 Jul 2006 18:24:03 -0700, "Peter Vasyutin" <vasyutin@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use CTreeCtrl::SetItemState to show overlayed images for a tree item
>icon. For different states of object different overlays are used. My
>question is: can I use two overlayed images simultaneously? I tried,
>the last one just overwrites the first one. Of course I can create
>third image that combines those two. I just want to make sure there is
>no other way to implement this. (Prefer to code rather than paint).
>
>Regards,
>
>~Peter
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
7/30/2006 2:59:52 AM
Thanks Joe, I'll do a little drawing then.

BTW, I'm a big fun of your essays. Keep up a good work!

~Peter

Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, no.  It is also hard to come up with overlays that Play Well
> Together under these conditions.  I'd suggest the third-image approach [provide ;your own
> zither sound effects here]
> 				joe
>
> On 28 Jul 2006 18:24:03 -0700, "Peter Vasyutin" <vasyutin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I use CTreeCtrl::SetItemState to show overlayed images for a tree item
> >icon. For different states of object different overlays are used. My
> >question is: can I use two overlayed images simultaneously? I tried,
> >the last one just overwrites the first one. Of course I can create
> >third image that combines those two. I just want to make sure there is
> >no other way to implement this. (Prefer to code rather than paint).
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >~Peter
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

vasyutin (12)

Stock quote add in #2
Hello, I am looking for a good stock quote addin. I googled, and see a lots of pay ones. I also tried out the MSN money add in. But the MSN money add in is very limited. Are there any other free addins that can lookup lots of stock attributes. thanks goto xltraders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and look in the files section. There are several free files. I have a couple of free files under author donalb36 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:ulH1G%23OdJHA.552...

selection in CTreeCtrl
Hello, I have a Tree Control in my application that displays two types of items: type A and type B. I want to implement the following: 1. When user clicks on any item of type A it should be shown as selected and the previously selected item will be deselected - it is actually the default behavior. 2. When user clicks on any item of type B - nothing should happen: the previously selected item remain selected and the clicked item remains deselected. So, actually, I want that the items of type B will never highlighted with a blue band. How can do it? Thanks, Mark. -- Please ...

2 if statements?
Is it possible to have 2 IF statements in the same cell? Thanks, Carla Bradley carla.bradley(at)lgeenergy.com ...

Sheet Tab name #2
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to pick up the sheet name in a cell? Thanks Shona =MID(CELL("filename",A1),1+FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),255) Workbook needs to be saved before the above will work. You may wish to substitute the cellreference of the calling formula instead of A1, if there is a risk of Row 1 or Column A being deleted at some later date. "SS" <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:cie62r$22d$1@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know if there is a way to pick up the sheet name in a cell...

Licensing #2
If I am setting up a business and want to put Microsoft Publisher onto 5 different computers, do I have to buy 5 different software packages or can I buy the one pack and buy 4 extra licences. Or are you legally allowed to put publisher onto as many computers as you want? On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:16:30 +0000, Lynn Donovan wrote (in article <15BC0DB7-DB9A-4E09-9CB8-6C15A596B948@microsoft.com>): > If I am setting up a business and want to put Microsoft Publisher onto 5 > different computers, do I have to buy 5 different software packages or can I > buy the one pack and buy 4 ...

2 axis in excel 2007
Hi, I have installed Office 2007 and unable to make graphs with 2 axis (one on the left and the other on the right) in excel. Excel 2003 had such graphs templates available. How do I create 2 axis charts in excel 2007. Any suggestions. Regards Sandip. On the chart, right click the data series to have secondary axis Select Format Data Series from popup menu In the Series Options page click the Secondary Axis option button The right click "trick" is very useful in this, and older version of XL, for finding context specify items best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/peo...

Microsoft money 2003 #2
I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? In microsoft.public.money, Jason Robinson wrote: > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > Have you tried your local stores? Some still have it. Hurry. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619881632&category=41849&rd=1 "Jason Robinson" <jrrobinson@rogers.com> wrote in message news:dKDUa.51224$vz%.4062@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I am looking for Microsoft money 2003, is it available and where? > > ...

crash #2
My outlook 2002 has crashed and will not start. Is there any way to repair it or retrieve my emails and attachments. ...

Plotting Problems #2
Hello, I have a user with Excel 2002 on an NT 4.0 system. He's having problems copying equations into certain cells. Instead of listing the equation, the source location is pasted in (=A5). He has General selected under Format-Cells-Numbers. Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance, -- Wes Not sure this will help, but I'd try EDIT>COPY while in the cell and then to see what is going on, EDIT>PASTE SPECIAL and see if it defaulting to something other than ALL, FORMULAS or VALUES. I'd also check FILE>PROPERTIES to see if it is read-only. If the s...

Post Card printing #2
Using Pub 2002 and have not figured out how to print one side, then enter the printed sheet for a printing of side 2. I am getting side 1 on first sheet (Avery form 8387) and side 2 on the second sheet. Thanks. You can either print this page only, flip your sheet and print side 2 only or you can set your printer up for duplex, if it's able to support that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "vince4ltci" <vince4ltci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7777E545-D95E-4F92-A686-75ACDA499A22@microsoft.com... > Using Pub 2002 and have not figured o...

Bolding or Hilighting node in a CTreeCtrl
I am looking for a way of of bolding, hilighting, or changing the text color for one specific node in a CTreeCtrl. Is this possible? If so, how? You have use an owner draw tree control. Look in here for one: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/#Custom+Tree+Controls This one looks useful http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/colortreectrl.asp AliR. <mr.porteiro.head@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141668031.681508.117640@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > I am looking for a way of of bolding, hilighting, or changing the text > color for one specific node in a CTreeCtrl. Is t...

2 Entities and 1 Workflow Rule
Hi there! I have seen in earlier post that we can alter a value of an Account's field through a workflow rule of a Case concerning that Account. I cannot understand how I can do this, influence between two entities using a Workflow rule. Also, I don't understand the use of Post Url Action, athough I read about it... Can you help me and give directions or examples? Thank you Elena When you add the "update object" action, it will give you a pick list of objects you can update from within that object (the object you are writing the rule for). For example, when you ...

Formula? #2
Could someone to help me to write a formula which could do such thing: "mother" to change to "rehtom" Im not a beginer at using excel but can not think about righ formula. Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In a standard module paste: Function ReverseString(rng As Range) As String Dim i As Integer For i = Len(rng.Value) To 1 Step -1 ReverseString = ReverseString & Mid(rng.Value, i, 1) Next End Function in A1 -->> Mother Formula in B1 =ReverseString(A1) --- Displays --->> rehtoM HTH "Giedriu...

How can I can add "graphite light att" font 2 my home xp?
I transferred a Publisher file from one computer (ME) to a new computer (XP home ed). Both computers use MS office 2000. When I re-open that file now (on the XP computer), a box pops up indicating the font type is unknown and the status as being unavailable. Therfore the embedded font - "graphite light att" is modified to another font. I want too keep the original font! How do I get this font uploaded to my XP computer so the font on my document remains? Copy the font from your old computer on a floppy or whatever, install it on your new computer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http...

Checkbox question #2
can you "lock" a checkbox to its linked cell in regards to height, width, and position? In other words once placed, the checkbox would cover the cell, and if the size or position of the cell is changed the size/position of the box would alter with it. if so: what is the setting? how would this need to be noted in VBA? For Each rCell In rng With SH.CheckBoxes.Add(rCell.Left + 4, _ rCell.Top - 2, 0, 0) .Caption = "" .LinkedCell = rCell.Address(0, 0) End With ...

RoboToolz RT-7715-2 Automatic Leveling 2-Beam Level and Plumb Crossliner
Price:$299.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000CPJ3UQ Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000CPJ3UQ I AM VDERY PLEASED WITH THE LEVEL, SEEMS WELL MADE WITH NICE CASE. THE SIZE IS ALSO NICE AND EASE OF OPERATION. I DEFINITELY LIKE HAVING THE CROSSLINE FEATURE, HANDY FOR INSTALLING CABINETS. this thing has helped us layout and reduce our errors for measuring showers & Mirrors. not that great in real bright light and long distances from the source, but an excellent value. This level works great for simple indoor tasks. The mounting options are gre...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Receipt Count #2
I've been trying to modify the HTML status to display the current receipt count, and also create a POS custom button that could change the receipt count. Preferably, this would only change the layaway receipt count. What do you mean by receipt count? The total number of items (quantities) on the current sales transaction? The current transaction number? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I've been trying to modify the HTML status to display the current receipt > count, and also create a POS custom button that could change the receipt > count. Preferably, this would on...

CRM MS-03-030 Microsoft CRM Applications Professional R1.2
Just to let everyone know if they weren't up to speed with the new exams. Exam is 90 minutes long, you get 45 questions. You need to answer at least 31 questions correct. The percent needed for a pass is 68% - The Test your Knowledge part from the courseware is extremly good, questions are very similar to the exam. I passed yesterday with 88%. Onwards and upwards - The Customizatoin Exam next!! Cheers Mick Partners may refer to: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/training/certifications/ Non Partners: You can contact mbs-cert@microsoft.com to request an Exam Prepa...

CTreeCtrl EditLabel
Ok here is the problem. I have created an owner drawn tree (CCheckTree). Each node in the tree has a check box beside it. I have derived (CEditableCheckTree) from (CCheckTree). CEditableCheckTree has the edit labels style. When I call the EditLabel function the edit control shows up but when I left click in the edit control the caret isn't placed in the control, I can't select the text, or type into the control. I can right click and paste into the control, but that is just about all. Also if I call the edit control's SetFocus function it never receives focus. I know that I'm o...

Office v. X 10.1.2 Update Problem! Can't find office installation
Hello, i know that there are many other postings regarding the update problem but all the tipps provided didn't solve my problem. If i run the "Office v. X 10.1.2 Update" the installer says that Office is not installed on my machine but this is not true. I tried the following with various tries of starting the update again: - Start the disk / permission util - Renamed the Office folder to "/Applications/Office" - Moved the Office folder to "/Office" - Removed the network plug I reinstalled the Office a couple of times and also reinstalled the whole OS X 10...

Mail Merging 2 sided 4 up postcards with Excel data
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel data. On the front I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2+1,A2-1): Front ...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

2 companies 1 exchange
Hi Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be authenticated? Tomppa Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Od7F%23foBHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 > server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is > possible, ho...

Outlook Mail
I have a notebook and a desktop PC. My mail account and .pst file is located on the notebook. Both PCs are on a wireless network. What I would like to do is be able to access my outlook mail from both PCs. How do I do this? Presumably there would need to be some sort of synchronizing to take place such that email sent or received on one PC is viewable on the other PC. Do I have to put my email in a public folder? In any event, my public folders do not operate across the network - only within the one PC and provides access to other users of that PC only. Is there a way that I can make ...