CScrollbar on CPropertyPage NOT working

I have a scrollbar placed on a PropertyPage and it is not receiving any
scroll messages.  The scrollbar control is not the dialog scrollbar. It is a
child control.

I'm tried trapped the message, via ON_NOTIFY(VM_VSCROLL, ID_SCROLLBAR,
OnMyScrolled), but the function "OnMyScrolled" doesn't get called.

I've also tried deriving a new class, MyScrollBar, and providing a
OnVScroll(), but that is never getting called.

Is there some property of the dialog I should have on or off?

The only event I can add to the scroll bar via the .NET "class wizard", is
THEME_CHANGED.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Scrollbars do not receive messages, they generate them. However, your problem is that
scrollbar notifications are not ON_NOTIFY events; you should create a handler for
WM_VSCROLL messages. Note that deriving a new class from a scrollbar and putting a
WM_VSCROLL handler in it is meaningless, since it does not receive messages, it sends them
to its parent.

					joe

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:53:04 -0400, "Michael Pohoreski" <mpohoreski@cyberlore.com> wrote:

>I have a scrollbar placed on a PropertyPage and it is not receiving any
>scroll messages.  The scrollbar control is not the dialog scrollbar. It is a
>child control.
>
>I'm tried trapped the message, via ON_NOTIFY(VM_VSCROLL, ID_SCROLLBAR,
>OnMyScrolled), but the function "OnMyScrolled" doesn't get called.
>
>I've also tried deriving a new class, MyScrollBar, and providing a
>OnVScroll(), but that is never getting called.
>
>Is there some property of the dialog I should have on or off?
>
>The only event I can add to the scroll bar via the .NET "class wizard", is
>THEME_CHANGED.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

remember password not working
i have windows xp, when i use outlook express and i check remember password it does not take i always have to retype password to send and recieve my e-mail's DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX There have been several issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE but the solution applies to Outlook as well.): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "dirtydog" <slugger22@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:04e401c34da5$b3dd6740$a401280a@phx.gbl...

TransferSpreadsheet and NamedRange; not working!
This is partly an Access question, but partly an Excel question, so I’m posting here (already posted at the Access group). I’m trying to import a range from an Excel sheet into an Access table. The error I get is as follows, ‘The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ‘TransposedSheet$RyanRange’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell it and spell the path name correctly.’ Here is the code that produces the error (this is running from Access): Function ImportFctn() On Error GoTo ImportRVP_Err DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("...

How to check why links between two workbooks not working?
I am interested to know how to check why links between two workbooks are not working and any resolution? Hi, could you email me the file so that I can take a further look ? my email is makisalau@hotmail.com "rinakwek" wrote: > I am interested to know how to check why links between two workbooks are not > working and any resolution? Hi Makisa My two files are volumous and we have done "re-link" between two workbooks manually. Basically, one workbook is a summary file (A) extracting total of each worksheets from another detail workbook (B). User only need to...

i need work
Hello ,i need work. I have more than 10 years experience. I am looking for freelance job. Please, contact with me for more onformation: kostas_w@mail.ru C,C++,MFC,ATL,COM, asp ,vb,html,directx (games) Regards devomae@yahoo.com ...

how can i get a CPropertySheet pointer in its CPropertyPage? Thanks~
I have a class extends CPropertyPage, I want to add a button in this page, for jumping to another CPropertyPage. But how can I get a pointer of CPropertySheet? Then I can use the SetActivePage(). or there is other way to realize this fuction? Thanks a lot. On 7=D4=C215=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E71=CA=B108=B7=D6, asuna <asun...@hotmail.com= > wrote: > I have a class extends CPropertyPage, I want to add a button in this > page, for jumping to another CPropertyPage. > But how can I get a pointer of CPropertySheet? Then I can use the > SetActivePage(). > > or there is other w...

If..Then..Else statement not working for Ye/No ComboBox?
Say that we have a ComboBox1 where its value are either YES or NO. I am writing such a simple If..Then..Else statement but it is not responding properly. If Me.ComboBox1.Value = Yes Then ...Statement1 ElseIf Me.ComboBox1.Value = No then ...Statement2 EndIf As for above code, when combo value is NO, Statement1 is executed, instead Statement2. When combo value is YES, nothing is executed! I could not sleep yesterday night because of this mystery. Could you help me please. Thanks Assuming that you've got the words Yes and No in the combo box, try putting quotes in your If statement: I...

Simple formula not working
=IF(F4=1,H4,-1) Nearly all cells have numeric values, and for those with a value of 1 it works correctly, where the values are numeric it also works correctly. BUT - a few cells have 1 or 2 alphabetic characters, which means they are not equal to 1, so should yield a value of -1. For example I want XY, as it is clearly not 1, so condition F4=1 fails, to evaluate to -1 The referenced cells are formatted number. Is Excel flawed or am I missing something? Excel 2002 SP3 I would use: =IF(VALUE(F4)=1,H4,-1) Kind regards, Erny <ato_zee@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I-udnel...

reinstall of 2004 instructions not working now
I'm following the instructions for KB 842959 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842959 and they are not working. The web pages says that the upgrade is not available and I don't see any way to activate it. Please help. Thanks Ditto. No place to enter the registration code in the Upgraded Trial versions of 2004 anymore. Just this useless page when you go to Tools > Upgrade Money: http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp shawn wrote: > I'm following the instructions for KB 842959 > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Some Hyperlinks not working
When I publish the website some of the hyperlinks do not work. I have checked them and they are all OK. Different ones may quit working each time I publish the website. Need help quickly. Web site not working properly and I can not seem to resolve this issue. Why didn't you post the link so that others can take a look at it? "John Thomas" <jwthomas@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:12ff201c418e7$e49ea250$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I publish the website some of the hyperlinks do not > work. I have checked them and they are all OK. Different > ones may quit ...

Web Access Spell Checker not working
When I try to use the spell checker through Web Access it starts the spell checker but then halts and tells me "The spelling in this item cannot be checked. Please try later" and then it asks if I want to send the mail anyway. What do you suppose could be the problem. Don't know as Outlook Web Access, despite its name, is not a part of Outlook but Exchange. Ask in an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus na...

Copy downwards doesn't work properly
I have observed a very strange behaviour of cells containing a simple formula, when they are copied downwards in one of my spreadsheets. The formula in these cells is "keeping on track" and is linked properly with the appropriate other cells in the same row. But the result displayed in this cell is not the result from the formula itself, like it should be, but the value from the one and all the time the only cell from the top of the worksheet. Why cells including formula like =a3+b3 and then consequently =a4+b4 etc, behave as they are non stop =b1? Thanks for any clues calculatio...

Change working time
I have MS Project 2007. How do I change the project for all working days to be 6 hrs so MS Project views each day as 6 hrs working as a full day. I dont want working hours to be from 8am to 12pm and then 1pm to 5pm as the default. i.e my days are from 8am to 2pm. So if I in a Gantt chart enter 6 hrs it must be viewed as a full completed day so that if I enter a task that has it as a predesessor it must start on the next day. i.e. 11 Jan 2010 6 hrs next task dependent on 11 Jan must start on 12 Jan 2010. -- illinge ------------------------------------------------------------...

Addition to a working formula
I have this formula and it works fine. =IF(OR(S140="No",S140="0"),"",G140*X140) This is placed in cell p159 I now need to add the exact same information as above to the cells immediately below the cell listed above. so Orinal cells involved G140 = data s140 = yes/no x140= % I now need the answer of g141 s141 and x141 to be added to the reult of g140 s140 x141 in p159 if 'yes' is placed in s141, but not added if 'no' is entered into s141 To summarise - i need the answers of the 140 and 141 lines to be placed ...

Microsoft Excel in Microsoft works
How do I open an Excel document using Microsoft Works spreadsheet. I do not have Microsoft Excel. Ask the person who created the excel document to save it to a version that Works can open. I don't use MSWorks, but I think that the old Lotus 123 .wks can be created by Excel and read by MSWorks. or... The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx and the older version if you can't run the one above: http://download.microsoft.com/download/excel2000/Xlviewer/2000/WIN98/EN-US/xlViewer.exe (One line in your bro...

User cannot log in after Outlook 2003 installation
Hello, We are experiencing the same issues as others (http://www.mcse.ms/message1591947.html) but moving the mailbox does not clear up our issue: Users who receive the Outlook 2003 software cannot log into their mailboxes the next day...although OWA works just fine. Below have been my troubleshooting steps: 1. Had user log into her peer's workstation and create a new profile - same error. 2. User can access OWA just fine. 3. Move mailbox to new server - same error. 4. Removed Mailbox Rights and readded them. 5. Created pst, disconnected mailbox, created new mailbox on different ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE not working
Hi, hope somebody can help me with this strange issue. I've a DLL that exports a CDialog based class, which contains a menu. For this menu I've declared both ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE and ON_COMMAND_RANGE macros: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE(IDC_RESOURCE1,IDC_RESOURCE4,OnUpdateResource) ON_COMMAND_RANGE(IDC_RESOURCE1,IDC_RESOURCE4,OnResource) so my idea is to check the correct menu option when it's displayed, by using OnUpdateResource: void CMyDialog::OnUpdateResource(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck((m_nResource == pCmdUI->m_nID - IDC_RESOURCE1 + 1)?1:0); } The str...

C++ CMenu EnableMenuItem not working
C++, VS .NET 2003, MFC I have a tray app where right clicking an icon brings up a menu. This all works, but for starters, the 2 menu items are disabled even though in the property pages in resource editor states enabled. I use the EnableMenuItem method of the CMenu object and set one of them to enabled. This works, however when i try to enable the other menu item, it doesn't work. One test scenario shows that it changes to enabled breifly, but then goes back to disabled. What would cause this on only one menu item, and not both? THanks. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.m...

CPropertyPage .Net issue
Hi, Recently I observed a crash of my wizard when it is invoked from different application. Using bounds checker I figured that there is read buffer overrun where allocated size is 48 bytes but it is reading 52 bytes somewhere down the line in MFC class. Blame is in CPropertyPage constructor which takes sizeof(PROPSHEETPAGE) as last parameter. This size happens to be 48 bytes. I looked and sizeof(PROPSHEETHEADER) is 52 bytes. So I passed sizeof(PROPSHEETHEADER) as last param to CPropertyPage constructor and it works fine without crash and bounds checker does not show the buffer overrun error. ...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

It Worked!!! :-)
I have no idea why an action would not work the first time and it would work the 2nd, but it did! I did everything the same, but this time the box popped up and I choose the one with no messages. Now I still got a message because a new sheet appeared with headers of: sheet, object, name, property, value, and action. I knew there were 3 old workbooks linked and wasn't surprised when I had to repeat the process 2 more times. Is there any reason I have to save those 3 sheets, or is it ok to delete them? Elaine :-) Glad you got it working. (And you have one more response at the origina...

Working in time formats
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for various marathon race paces, but whenever I enter a time in runner's lingo (ie. 7:31 equals 7 minutes and 31 seconds) the program wants to convert to a date. I've thought about using decimals where 7:31 would be written as 7.517, but that's a bit clunky. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. Ralph And you're entering 7:31, not 7/31, right? Maybe it's a window setting. Open up the regional settings applet under control panel In winXP: windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options On t...

Help: Error when working disconnected in sales outlook
When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following message in all folders: "Cannot access rights of or privilege sufficient lacks to conduct this action". The user is administrator in local machine. The OS is WINDOWS XP SP2 HOME EDITION. Sales for Outlook is not supported on XP Home Edition, because XP Home Edition cannot be joined to a domain "Valentin" <valentincollado@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xYGPiCmFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following > message in all fol...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

refernce to a different work sheet
In one of the worksheets in my xls file, I have this formula: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) in columns B and C The lookup table is in (on) the same worksheet. But I'd like to move the table to another worksheet in the .xls file. If I do that, how must I change the formula? The table I am referencing is K1 - M31. David =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) I've used Sheet2 as an example, change as necessary -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, E...

Running "All" Rules Doesn't work, but indviducal rules do
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled all the time. I just run them when I want to clean out my Inbox. I run them by selecting all messages and going to Messages -> Apply Rule. If I choose one rule at a time it works great. However, If I choose "All Rules" none of them work. Its been this way since I stared using the product several months ago and its getting unbearable. "mansopluc@officeformac.com" wrote: > I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled ...