CRichEditView without OLE : possible ?

Hello,

Is there a way to use a CRichEditDoc/CRichEditView without OLE ?

I'm developping an application which only use rich text (neither
external object nor image).

Also, do you confirm me that the part wich are about OLE are those ?
- AfxOleInit fct
- CntrItem.h|cpp files
- "edition/special paste" menu item
- the menus items about object insert and links
- the drag n' drop feature

Let me know
0
Barbatruc
8/13/2008 3:04:12 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ole server error #2
When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server program needed to complete this task" This worked fine until upgrading to Office XP Hi kevin boseley (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now || that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message || || "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server || program needed to complete this task&...

how to i shrink my a4 flyer to an a5 flyer without some info
how to i shrink my a4 flyer to an a5 flyer without losing some of the info? Manually. The text boxes can be shrunk by using the Autofit tool in the Format Menu. Some printers have a zoom feature. You can setup a PDF to print two per sheet. Download details 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "liznewbie" <liznewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2800AA4E-F2CA-4C16-B113-76BEDBAB06C3@m...

how convert CRichEdit20A version to CRichEdit20W in CRichEditView
I need to use CRichEdit20W version in CRichEditView since i am dealing with double byte characters. what are the things i have to do? is it safe to use CRichEdit member functions(GetTextRange(), GetSel(),CharFromPos(), LineIndex()) with double byte characters? thanks!!! When you say, "double byte", do you mean "double byte" (e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Korean double-byte character sets) or do you mean "Unicode" (i.e. UTF-16)? In fact, it probably doesn't matter much, because even 20A does Unicode and I'm sure both would do "double byte" cha...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

how to trigger OnSetCursor without actual mouse movement
Hi! I wonder if somebody knows how to do this: What I am trying to do is control the shape of the mouse cursor, depending on the state of "engine" thread. We have OnSetCursor methods and all works well - as long as the mouse is physically moved! I would love to be able to post a message from the "engine" thread to the "display" thread to trigger the appropriate OnSetCursor method. There are multiple windows, so there are 8-10 different OnSetCursor methods. I tried a line like: theApp.PostFEThreadMessage(WM_SETCURSOR, 0, 0); I'm looking at a particul...

Email being rejected as possible spam?
I have a customer that has an Exchange 2000 server running on an SBC business-class DSL connection. He can receive all emails fine, and can send to most domains fine. Some email (mostly sent toward ISP hosted email accounts, and some corporate email servers) gets rejected by the remote server, with a status code 4.4.7. I've done much reading about spam blocking techniques (he is not a spammer) to make sure his server was properly configured. I ran Metaedit to change his SMTP banner to display his email domain name instead of his internal domain name, had SBC delegate his reverse lookup zo...

CRIchEditView
Hello I created new SDI application in MFC. I Changed: class CTestView : public CView to class CTestView : public CRichEditView and in message map to: IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CTestView, CView) BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestView, CView) it compiled ok, but when i try to run it hangs. WHy ? I want to have CRichEditView instead of CView class. Thanx >I created new SDI application in MFC. >I Changed: >class CTestView : public CView > >to >class CTestView : public CRichEditView > >and in message map to: >IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CTestView, CView) >BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestView, ...

create a project without dialog
I did a client server program..I need not any GUI in client side.....So in MFC Appication how to create a project without dialog.....?Plz help me..... Cant u use win32 application with MFC support if you do not want any UI. "Sanju" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165922375.332718.95240@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com... >I did a client server program..I need not any GUI in client side.....So > in MFC Appication how to create a project without dialog.....?Plz help > me..... > Sanju wrote: > I did a client server program..I need not any GUI in...

Make a SaveAs with Word without the dialogBox
Hello, I am looking for a function that would allow me to save a Word document which has not been previously saved (so it does not exist on the file system), and this without displaying the standard Save As Windows dialog box. This function exists in VBA (method SaveAs of a Document object). Does anyone know if it exists in C++ ? Thanks ! Howdy, Here is some code that shows some of what's needed. It assumes you have an open Word doc in m_doc. iType is the file type (e.g. 0 = .doc) CDocument0 m_doc; COleVariant vtFalse((short)FALSE); COleVariant vtTrue((short)TRUE) ; COleVarian...

Receive WM_MOUSEWHEEL msg for view without focus
Hi, I have 4 views splitted in my screen. How to receive WM_MOUSEWHEEL msg for all views (and not only for view with focus) ? I want the user to be able to use the mouse wheel to zoom in/out the view where the mouse is, not only the view which have the focus. Thanks. Maybe you could switch the focus to the view the mouse is over Vaclav "Emmanuel V." <everguet@vitechnology.com> wrote in message news:1110192596.872039.210100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have 4 views splitted in my screen. How to receive WM_MOUSEWHEEL msg > for all views (and not ...

How do I delete a CC account without deleting....
Dear group, Thanks in advance for any help that you are able to give in this matter. I have just upgraded from 2004 to 2005 deluxe. Both my checking account and credit card account transferred over in the upgrade. The credit card account is now closed and I would like to delete it, not just close it. When I delete it, I get a screen saying that if I delete, it will delete all accounts from that one bank. My checking and CC account are labeled from the same bank so if I delete the CC, it will wipeout my checking account information aswell. I dont like my options here; closing the accoun...

Emailing invoices as PDF or Word Doc possible?
using Money 2005 Business... I'd love to email my invoices in PDF format or as a Word Doc. -- Not as a text file/text message. I want my invoices to look professional whether mailed or emailed. I'd like to email all invoices to save postage. I was sending invoices as PDFs in Peachtree accounting. Any suggestions? Does anyone offer an add-on to do this function? In microsoft.public.money, Tazz3L wrote: >using Money 2005 Business... >I'd love to email my invoices in PDF format or as a Word Doc. -- Not as a >text file/text message. I want my invoices to look profe...

Possible to get rid of without rebuilding everything?
Hi all, Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest with empty root domain and one child domain. Right now, the forest functional level is windows 2003. and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users and servers are on the child domain. Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008 DCs. If we need to get rid of the empty root domain. is this possible without affecting our applications (exchange etc..)? BTW, why is the reason to keep this empty root domain? Thank you! You are stuck with the root domain forever. Root domain is no longer consi...

CRichEditView/Ctrl ?
For a new application I am in need of displaying formatted text (bold, underlined, ...). The MFC CRichTextView/Ctrl class(es) seem to be appropriate. I want to load the contents of a file into the Control. Therefore I use the (badly documented) StreamIn function. I already succeed in a callback function being called: static DWORD CALLBACK StreamInCallback(DWORD_PTR dwCookie, LPBYTE pbBuff, LONG cb, LONG *pcb); pbBuff is the buffer of the control. Copying the file contents via memcpy should make the contents being displayed. But nothing happens. I return 0 indicating SUCCESS and setting ...

OLE Issues
In Office Excel 2003, when I open a New worksheet, in the Task Pane under Template when I click on 'Templates on Office Online' I never get connected and have to close Excel after getting a msg 'Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action.' Suggestions? ...

Is the auto complete possible in GP ?
Hi In the most of cheap and normal programs while you creating Sales Invoice ,the item number appear immediately while you type the first character Example: If I have Items: Korean-lg , Kodak-camera , kolompia-motor .....etc Just you type "k" character... all the item numbers start with "k" will Appears . You can't do that In Great Plains from the first time you working on inventory Item!!?? Is that right ???? Is there a way to active this feature in GP without opening lookup button ? Without any customization or third-party products, you are correct that y...

Create an Scheduled Tasks without a User Password in C++?
Hi comunity, is there any way to create an scheduled tasks without a user password, for example, i'ma Administrator on my pc, without a password? I use the VisualStudio 6 and the OS is WinXP Professional! The function what i use is : /* SetAccountInformation(L"", NULL); */ // first that is what i mean?! SetAccountInformation(myUserName.AllocSysString(), NULL); regards mirsad hi It's is impossible to create an new right scheduled Task without inputting a user password . if it do , there will be a bug in windowsXP. it you will to research that , I can advise you to get...

HTML Signatures in 2007 without attachment
I am trying to set up an HTML signature with a logo in Outlook 2007 that does not send out as an attachment. In the Microsofts Help guide there is a posting titled- "Why cant I use HTML code in my signature anymore?" with this comment: The Microsoft Office Word 2007-based e-mail editor is the only e-mail editor provided in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. This e-mail editor does not support HTML code in signatures. Further into the reference it advises users to research an alternative way. I have not found anything so far. I am assuming 2003 supported this capabili...

Sharing of a *.pst file possible?
On a network drive there is a *.pst file which I want to use from two Outlook 2003 installations on two different computers. The problem is when I add the *.pst file from the second Outlook installation then the *.pst file is disconnected from the first Outlook installation. So it seems to me there is exclusive usage from only one OL installation. Is there a way to setup a shared *.pst file anyway? Joe ...

How do I do this without killing Bill Gates?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C504C7.467B0EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've had M04 for a year and hate it, but it is what I'm using for my = small business and retirement planning. I used to use an old version of Money (W95?) and it worked logically and = simply as one would expect. I created and saved an "expenses" and = "income" file for each year, and at the beginning of the new year I = would create new files, with zero opening balances. ...

Paste a list of items from Excel into Word WITHOUT creating table
Hi, I have a list of 20 items, they are about two full lines of text (if word-wrapped) each, they are in cells A1-A20. I want to paste this column A into Microsoft Word, but everytime I do, it puts it in a table. I just want 20 lines separated by carriage returns like it appears on the spreadsheet (except not in cells). Selecting "remove formatting" works but some of the items are underlined and italicized and I do not want that removed. Thanks! After you've pasted into MSWord, you could: Select the table Table|Convert|Table to Text UPM wrote: > > Hi, I have a list ...

Is it possible to count distinct values in a Pivot Table?
I have a pivot table that gets its data from Access. My table in Access has about 20,000 records, with 1,500 unique account numbers having 10 to 20 pieces of account detail info each. When I use the pivot table, putting any distinct item in the data portion of the table and counting it gives me a count of 20,000. But there seems no way within the table to say "count only the distinct items" which would give me a count of 1,500. Is there a way to do that, or do I need to restrict such queries to MS Query or Access? I suppose what I want is the count I would get if I manually adde...

How to open a form without show it in TaskBar
Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to open a form in access without show it in task bar. I know that it's possible in Visual Basic. Is it possible in Access? Regards, Marco Marco, In Access 2003, Tools >> Options >> View tab - uncheck the box for Windows in Taskbar. Jeanette Cunningham "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E492D97E-02AA-4E15-BF80-E71605DA0D57@microsoft.com... > Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to open a form in access without > show it in task bar. > > I know that it's ...

Disable OLE DB support in an MCF app
Hello, I have a dialog based MCF app that is using the Lotus Notes API. Starting with VC++8, there is a conflict between oledb.h DBID structure and DBID from the Lotus Notes API. I would like to disable OLEDB support in my App from stdafx.h. How can I do that ? TIA. #define __oledb_h__ before any of the includes in stdafx.h ............ "Olivier Matrot" <olivier.matrot.rte@online.nospam> wrote in message news:OQYkOP5SHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a dialog based MCF app that is using the Lotus Notes API. > Starting with VC++8, there i...

Two autonumber fields in one table possible?
I am designing a database to capture information that will be classified into two separate categories. I would like to autonumber each record by category. Is that possible? For example, I will likely have 2000 total records with 200 of those records in Category A and 1800 of the records in Category B. The information will come to the data entry group in a random format. I would like to prevent separating the information into the two categories manually or need to enter them in two separate forms dependent on the category. Can I have MS Access autonumber them like this...