CRichEditView 2.0 Crashes...

I had a project I created in VC++ 6.0 which utilized a CRichEditView.
Everything works fine.  I upgraded to VC++ 2003, and when I rebuilt the same
project, when the I exit the program, it crashes and I get the standard "Do
you want to tell Microsoft...".

Anyway, when I debug it, I am pointed to the following line in viewrich.cpp

HRESULT hr = m_lpRichEditOle->GetObject(REO_IOB_SELECTION, &reo,
		REO_GETOBJ_ALL_INTERFACES);

which is located in the CRichEditCntrItem*
CRichEditView::GetInPlaceActiveItem() function.

Furthermore, the call stack is displaing
mfc71d.dll!CRichEditView::GetInPlaceActiveItem()  Line 1156 + 0x1a

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and what I can do to fix
this?  Do I have any alternatives than rebuilding my app under VC++ 2003?

Any help is appreciated.
0
S1 (162)
2/9/2005 7:55:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does the same thing happen if you declare the control statically?

    WTH

0
nospam793 (9)
2/9/2005 10:33:58 PM
I don't know the answer, but here's another person who seems to have
encountered the same problem:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/1f84746b2118d8de/cecdc1485d84dca5

Mike

"Matt S" <Matt S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a project I created in VC++ 6.0 which utilized a CRichEditView.
> Everything works fine.  I upgraded to VC++ 2003, and when I rebuilt the
same
> project, when the I exit the program, it crashes and I get the standard
"Do
> you want to tell Microsoft...".
>
> Anyway, when I debug it, I am pointed to the following line in
viewrich.cpp

> HRESULT hr = m_lpRichEditOle->GetObject(REO_IOB_SELECTION, &reo,
> REO_GETOBJ_ALL_INTERFACES);
>
> which is located in the CRichEditCntrItem*
> CRichEditView::GetInPlaceActiveItem() function.
>
> Furthermore, the call stack is displaing
> mfc71d.dll!CRichEditView::GetInPlaceActiveItem()  Line 1156 + 0x1a
>
> Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and what I can do to fix
> this?  Do I have any alternatives than rebuilding my app under VC++ 2003?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Pivot #2
Hi All I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However, there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns) When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart options but these are locked. I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy. Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann PS using excel 2003 ...

password help #2
I have to access a file that hasn't been opened in 3 years. It is password protected and I have the password written down. However when I type in the password it is not accepted. I have tried the password in every combination of upper & lower case letters but it still won't let me in. Could upgrading my operating system and version of Excel affect the password? I think when the file was created I was running Win 98 and Office 97. Now I have Win XP and Office 2002. I don't have a hard copy of the info in this file so I'm kind of desprate. Any help would be appr...

Ma8QBaYXf0 #2
qK/iwAvG3in7dcpDYl3JJXoWU+XR2gDt8CfCmXDnZlTYuiuBJ6wMzybyarVQ1eDNCW9TXGg6RuJn 2ASPj9miNdgl9HinL7aVdM8nwrti3zElDMa8QBaYXf0v3DQ8y8kBFy3yz2uil4gbr0rL+VEOEzo4 mailto:ernst.schmitter@siemens.com ernst.schmitter@siemens.com schrieb: > qK/iwAvG3in7dcpDYl3JJXoWU+XR2gDt8CfCmXDnZlTYuiuBJ6wMzybyarVQ1eDNCW9TXGg6RuJn > 2ASPj9miNdgl9HinL7aVdM8nwrti3zElDMa8QBaYXf0v3DQ8y8kBFy3yz2uil4gbr0rL+VEOEzo4 > > mailto:ernst.schmitter@siemens.com > Is this a secret?? ...

A question about thread,please help me #2
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTI...

Demo #2
Does anyone have a Demo db that would work for a Vitamin shop. I am doing a demo in an hour and a half, and could use a hand. Sorry to ask for it here, just kinda got sprung on me. ...

Excel Headers #2
Can I set up more than one header / footer in excel. I don't want the header to appear on all pages, just a few select ones. And on some pages, I want different headers, or footers. Regards, JH -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Each sheet in the workbook can have it's own individual header/footer. jack@hollingsworth.net wrote: > Can I set up more than one header / footer in excel. > I don't want the header to appear on all pages, just a few select ones. And > on some pages, I want different headers, or footers. > > Regards, &...

how convert CRichEdit20A version to CRichEdit20W in CRichEditView
I need to use CRichEdit20W version in CRichEditView since i am dealing with double byte characters. what are the things i have to do? is it safe to use CRichEdit member functions(GetTextRange(), GetSel(),CharFromPos(), LineIndex()) with double byte characters? thanks!!! When you say, "double byte", do you mean "double byte" (e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Korean double-byte character sets) or do you mean "Unicode" (i.e. UTF-16)? In fact, it probably doesn't matter much, because even 20A does Unicode and I'm sure both would do "double byte" cha...

Working with dates in Excel #2
I have two columns with date (an effective and expiration date), for a pivot table I need to combine these two into one statement "5/1/2003 to 5/1/2004" I created a formula, example (=A1 & " to " & b1), the result is "37742 to 38108 How do I get the # to show as a date I know that if you add an ' in front of a date it shows as text. I have several thousand records and would need to add it to each field. A way to add the ' to all the records would also be an acceptable way for me to go. I just don't want to have to input the ' in each fiel...

Cell formatting
I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. Everything is ok except the date column. The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0/1900 How can I change this to "-" or blank? Many thanks One way: =IF(Sheet1!A1>0,Sheet1!A1,"") In article <1105828404.988014.300140@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote: > I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. > > Everything is ok except the date column. > > The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

2 level group per report
Hi, I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country and per province/state. My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group (country) and the first page of the second level group (province). I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change, meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page. which I cannot see If I force new page on the p...

Pivot Table Calculated Item #2
The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I doing wrong? If your pivot table is based on OLAP source data, you can't create formulas. Could that be the problem? SamBayer1957 wrote: > The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop > down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I > doing wrong? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Filter Mode #2
Hi I have been sent a large spreadsheet. The problem is that when I fillter the data instead of the number of rows which have been filltered out being displayed on the left hand side of the status bar the words "filter mode" appear. How do I get rid of the "filter mode" so that status bar shows the number of records filtered? Elaine ...

why does the 0 dissapear when i start a telephone no with 0
I am keeping a list of account numbers and sort codes, but every time i type a number beginning with a 0 it is auto removed!! Hi, Before typing the number beginning with zero, convert that cell format to text (Format--> Cells-->Number--> select Text in the list) otherwise begin with ' (single quote) and then type the number ('012345). Hope this will clear your doubt. Regards, Soundar. "tash" wrote: > I am keeping a list of account numbers and sort codes, but every time i type > a number beginning with a 0 it is auto removed!! Format your cell as 000...

Querying 2 databases with one query string
I can use the following code to create a conection string: sConnect = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;" & _ "Data Source=Ben;" & _ "Initial Catalog=Northwind;" & _ "Integrated Security=SSPI" ...then execute a SQL statement to return the query results to my workbook. Is it possible though, to store the results of a query that joins 2 tables contaned in separate SQL databases? Thanks Ben ...

Change 2 names in one cell to one name in 2 cells
Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; Johnson--Jackson, that they can be changed to be listed in two different cells, such as, Johnson in cell b1 and Jackson in cell b2. I have a very long list of names and I do not want to go through the list and type every thing in again. Thanks for any assistance you can give me. WAB Use the Data/Text to Columns wizard. In article <1119050807.036631.231330@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "wab" <noway667@att.net> wrote: > Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; > Johnson-...

Setting up email #2
Is there a best practice used for setting up the mailbox in Outlook. I want to use my hotmail or gmail accounts and manage them through Outlook 2007. What is the best way to do this? Check Hotmail and Gmail Help files for information. Assistance after = you have read and used the free tutorials is gladly supplied. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, UserGreg asked: | Is there a best practice used for sett...

CRIchEditView
Hello I created new SDI application in MFC. I Changed: class CTestView : public CView to class CTestView : public CRichEditView and in message map to: IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CTestView, CView) BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestView, CView) it compiled ok, but when i try to run it hangs. WHy ? I want to have CRichEditView instead of CView class. Thanx >I created new SDI application in MFC. >I Changed: >class CTestView : public CView > >to >class CTestView : public CRichEditView > >and in message map to: >IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CTestView, CView) >BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestView, ...

Return 0 if cell has data, of copy if it doesn't
This was what I needed, Thank you! But now it leads me to the next step.....(probably would be easier to just enter the $0 myself) Here is what I need: the 'simple' spreadsheet is for refunds we owe clients. Column D is refund owing, Column G is date mailed, H represents $0 balance, which is the formula I was just given. Now, how do I fix the formula to actually display the amount of refund due from Column D IF column G isn't populated, but if it does have a date mailed then H would display $0? I should have asked this in the first place. Sorry. "Joe Us...

Rollup 2 #2
Can you see somewhere in CRM if you have installed Rollup 2 or not? I have been on Help---About MS CRM without seeing it. On Feb 19, 7:04=A0am, Martin <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you see somewhere in CRM if you have installed Rollup 2 or not? > I have been on Help---About MS CRM without seeing it. Hi Martin, You'll have to go the MS site to find out what the version of CRM will be after the rollup is installed (I'm not sure if you're using 3.0 or 4.0). Then you can go to the about MS CRM menu to see if the version matches. Hope that helps, goo...

Hyperlink warning #2
Some computers with Office 2003 with a hyperlink embedded in an Excel workbook will not follow the link even to a local file on the hard drive without a warning message. I have followed the instructions on the http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829072 link, trying both registry entries for Common Security and Excel Security. I have also tried the other suggestions. None work. I support an application used by clinicians and researchers which contains frequently used links to sound (.wav) files. This application is made unusable by the repeated warning messages. Any new answers plea...

OUTLOOK 98 #2
The "Stationery and Fonts" section found under "Tools", "Options", "Mail Format" in Outlook 98 has the "Stationery Picker" button greyed out. This obviously prevents selecting the stationery to use as the default for email messages. Has anyone had this problem, or does someone know how to correct this problem? Thanks, David Preston Hello David. This problem usually occurs because of a permissions issue. If you're logging onto an Exchange server at work, chances are your admin has scaled you back. If it is at home or on a system...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Vanishing emails #2
Hi When downloading messages from a mailbox hosted by my ISP, on occasions Outlook indicates that it is downloading 1 or more messages, but they vanish (do not end up in the inbox of Outlook). Any thoughts gratefully appreciated. Ed. rules moving them somewhere? junk mail filter or antivirus filter catching them before outlook gets them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.c...