CRichEditCtrl in a DLL?

I am mainly interested in using only the StreamIn() and StreamOut() members
of CRichEditCtrl. Can I have this control inside a DLL without the UI? Is it
possible to use other member functions also (may be other than the UI related
ones)?
Any pointers to samples (if available) please?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PRJ0050 Problem for an MFC Regular DLL
Hello all, Firstly, I've started programming in MFC just a few days back, so please excuse me if I sound too naive. I'm just a beginner... I've written a MFC DLL for implementing a Deskband Object. I used the Band Sample, thats available on MSDN. Since the band sample was using CreateWindow() to create all child windows, including buttons etc.. I felt I needed something more. I was of the idea of using MFC (or wxWidgets, which is what I prefer). Anyway, the MFC DLL is giving me the PRJ0050 error. I am the administrator & I have implemented the DllRegisterServer Method. I'...

CRichEditCtrl
Hi, I like to use a conroller CRichEditCtrl in C++ in a Window, but this Window Visio Window and it derive of IUnknown (CVisioWindow), I want that an instance of CVisioWindow a Parent which contain the control CRichEditCtrl instance!!!and this must visualize text in RTF. how I have to program, or is the choice of CRichEditCtrl OK??? Thank you in advance best kind ...

using VB CListCtrl from a C++ dll
First off, I want to acknowledge my general lack of understanding of the nuts and bolts of the windows messaging model. I saw a similar post ("How to operate the ListCtl in a worker thread") that alluded to thread issues being my problem. To the point: I have a VB app (actually Excel VBA). I load a UserForm (uf1) modeless and push a command button on this form that initiates a call to an MFC C++ dll function. I would like to load a VB ListView control on uf1 while processing within the c++ dll. Given that I can send the hWnd of the ListView control to the dll, I assumed I...

msoeacct.dll and msident.dll
Every time I try to use Outlook 2002 I get a c:windows/system32/msoeacct.dll or msident.dll errors...I have tryed several things from the knowledge base of microsoft and thus far nothing has worked. I am loosing patience with this....what do I have to do to fix this...reinstall windows xp? I have already reinstalled my office and have even reinstalled my internet explorer. I have the most recent version, 6. Is there anyone who has had these problems and can you help me? Thanks. PJ Shuart ...

Paste in CRichEditCtrl
I need to modify standart CRichEditCtrl paste action handling. How to do this? when ctrl+v key cobination pressed it automaticaly does text insertion but I need to update appearance of text(syntax coloring) being pasted. On Change notification doesn't seem to be a good choise since updating all the text at each key press is geseeeeee. I can't find any appropriate notification message. -- Andrei Andrei, If your app is a SDI, with the view derived from CRichEditView, you'll just have to handle ID_EDIT_PASTE. In the handler, call CRichEditView::OnEditPaste() and then do your spe...

Using a C++ Win32 DLL internally in an ActiveX deployed on a webpage
Hi, I am some what new to Visual C++ environment, so please forgive any trivial queries made, but do reply. Can an MFC ActiveX control use a C++ DLL internally to process information. The ActiveX DLL here, is provides a GUI component to be embedded on a webpage and also process data which it receives through the DLL (through sockets). How should the DLL be structured so that it can be used by the ActiveX control on the client machine, without actually registering the itself (the ActiveX gets registered by IE, but I don't want the DLLs ActiveX control uses to get registered)? I have cre...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl...
Hi, I'm coding a mail-editor dialog where I'm trying to use CRichEditCtrl. If I load a file and show its content to user (in CRichEditCtrl), how can I clear CRichEditCtrl after that? The following code does not work... void CTextEditor::OnButtonClearAll() { // I can clear other controls in dialog normally (e.g.edit boxes)... m_strEdit1 = _T(""); m_strEdit2 = _T(""); // But this does not clear CRichEditCtrl... m_strMessage = _T(""); // This is member variable for CRichEditCtrl UpdateData(FALSE); // and this does not work either m_MessageE...

CDialog created by extension dll in non-MFC app
I have a non-mfc app dynamically loading a shared mfc extension dll which depends on a bunch of extension mfc dlls. When one of these dlls creates a CDialog, I get an assert and the dialog is not created. This led to me to learn a bit more on the subject, and rewrite the intermediate dll to be a regular dll (and use AFX_MANAGE_STATE). Now it works as expected. However, (after committing my changes), I decided to revert them and test what would have happened in release (out of curiosity, and also to validate my effort). I expected either a crash, or just no dialog. Instead, I found that the dia...

Please HELP
Frusting item on my Outlook 2000, Outlook keeps failing on my after I open it. I am getting a window when I select Outlook 2000 which says [u]"This Application has failed to start because [b]PSKALLOC.DLL[/b] was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"[/u]. So I uninstalled and re-installed Outlook 2000 from the original CD, then updated all of the security fixes and patches and it still gives me that error. Can anyone help me with this ?? :oops: Thanks, Jon That does not sound like an Outlook file. Do you have any add-ins installed? --� Milly Staples...

CRichEditCtrl
Hi all - How come my CRichEditCtrl shows text in all bold? I've tried playing with fonts, families, pitches, but hasn't made a difference. Any clues? I'm new at this MFC stuff, and visual c++ in general. If I have text that is formatted in RichEdit already, and want to move it into the control, is it bad to do it with the SendMessage with WM_SETTEXT? (maybe there's a string length limit on that?) Passing a string with StreamIn and the Callback function didn't seem to work. Would I be better off opening a text stream (istrsteam?) and filling that with my string da...

dll errors
I receive 2 dll errors on start up; c:\windows\system32\qgrtcacd.dll c:\windows\system32\ttxnusgf.dll Could anone please tell me how I can fix this problem?? -- cheers! Do you get these when starting Great Plains? If it happens when starting Windows, you may want to post in another forum. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "bruineyes" wrote: > I receive 2 dll errors on start up; > > c:\windows\system32\qgrtcacd.d...

CRichEditCtrl ignores font face when streaming in through CRichEditCtrl::StreamIn
As the subject says, when i try to change the font face of the CRichEditCtrl with SetDefaultCharFormat or SetFont, and then to stream in the control through CRichEditCtrl::StreamIn the text inserted seems to ignore the font face setting. On the other hand, if I put text manually (through keyboard) after the streaming, the font face displays correctly. In addition I have to say that this happens only for the font face and not for other settings (font weight, font size, italics and so on display correctly). To obtain the right font face i must first select all the text streamed in and then use S...

WinInet.dll InternetStatusCallBack in C#
Hi All, Trying to establish FTP connection thru a proxy using WinInet.dll calls. Proxy server requires the third ACCOUNT parameter to authenticate, InternetConnect always fails. I tried to define InternetStatusCallback delegate with different types of parameters, but it didn't work, a breakpoint set in the debugger was not activated. Any suggestions how to create it in C# and will it work if I want to interrupt the authentication and send an extra FtpCommand ACCOUNT to the proxy? Thanks, Vladimir ...

How to use C# DLL in MFC
Hi all, I developed one C# DLL. now i want to use that DLL to my MFC application created using vc++. Can any one help me how to load those DLL's.... Thanks in advance, SaranG SaranG(Saravanan) wrote: > Hi all, > I developed one C# DLL. now i want to use that DLL to my MFC > application created using vc++. Can any one help me how to load those > DLL's.... > > > Thanks in advance, > SaranG > > I think you could do that through COM interop. Regards, F. Firstly, this is the wrong newsgroup for this question...anyways... you can ...

No compatibility? -- Mfc42.dll
Hi: My app built with VC6 under windows 2000. Shared Mfc lib linked to it. It has been working very well under windows 2000. However, when someone run it under windows XP with sp2, it crashed during startup. Then I copy the Mfc42.dll released with vc6 to the directory where my app resides on the Windows XP machine. Try to run it, it is launched successfully. I guess it will be ok. Close it, try again, but it crashes agian. The exception is still here. If I recompile the project with static mfc lib, the app can work well under windows xp with sp2. What is wrong? Still with shared mfc lib, a...

AfxGetThread and AfxGetApp return NULL on a derived CWinApp inside a DLL
Hi, I have a huge VC6 MFC project that was converted to Visual Studio 2005 beta2. After the conversion, the application crashes because AfxGetThread() returns NULL and thus fail on pThread->InitInstance() inside AfxWinMain(). I have a CWinApp derived class (e.g. CBaseWinApp) exported from a DLL. This derived class is inherited inside the main app (e.g. CDerivedWinApp : public CBaseApp) and serves as the global app. instance (e.g. CDerivedWinApp theApp; ). I can't reproduce the crash in a synthetic test environment. Does anybody have an idea what's going on? It works perfectly OK...

Japanese in CRichEditCtrl
I have a unicode application that uses satellite resource dlls for each language. Each of the dlls has localized content. I have a CRichEditCtrl control on one of the dialogs. I stream in a .rtf file. Everything works fine on Windows XP for the Japanese language. All of the menus and dialog content are displayed properly and so is the Japanese rtf contents. This is not the case on Windows 2000. Everything is displayed correctly in Japanese except the rtf file contents in the CRichEditCtrl. All I see are small box "placeholders" for the Japanese characters. I have gone to the c...

PSTPRX.DLL missing
get the following message...have WindowsXP and OfficeXP pro... Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured...installed several times to no avail. Help? Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...

I have a problem with a CPropertyPage derived object which is located in a DLL. It doesn't do a whole lot yet, just displaying some controls. The DLL skeleton has been created by VS 2005. I'm exporting a global function. #define DLLEXPORT __declspec(dllexport) DLLEXPORT CPropertyPage* GetPropertyPage() { return theApp.m_pPage; } As you can see the function returns a pointer to CPropertyPage, which is a member of the DLL's theApp class. it get instaciated in BOOL CccaHTMLApp::InitInstance() { m_pPage = new CHtmlPropPage; CWinApp::InitInstance(); return TRUE; } After having l...

vc7, resource-only DLL and class wizard
Since we upgraded from VC6 to VC7, we have the following problem: In some projects of ours, all resources (except the program icon) are moved to a separate resource-only DLL, for translation purposes. Now the VC7 class wizard seems not to like this; whenever I am in the resource editor (e.g. a dialog resource) and want, for example, to add a message handler to a button by double-clicking on the item, the invoked class-wizard insists on creating a new class in the resource-only DLL project. In VC6 it was possible to tell the class-wizard explicitly which files it should use (after deleting th...

DDX_Control and DDX_Text for a CRichEditCtrl
Dear Group: I am calling the functions DDX_Control and DDX_Text for a CRichEditCtrl control in my modal dialog. It crashes exactly on those line. On commenting them everyhting works fine. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to use the Windows API only to deal with that control? Thanks in advance! Nithi Gurusamy Please ignore this. After debugging the code I found that my resource ID for the Rich Edit Control in the .RC file was wrong. It worked after changing it to the correct ID. Nithi Gurusamy "Nithi Gurusamy" <nithig@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OYZ9ZKXnDHA.684@TK2MS...

Text dragging in CRichEditCtrl
Hi, I've got a class derived from CRichEditCtrl where I'm trying to write a complex undo mechanism. However I'm stuck with a case when a user selectes a piece of text and drags it to other location within the control. Can anyone tell me how to track a moment when dragging of a text begins and ends? I've tried to use OnMouseMove and OnLButtonUp/Down but I found it difficult to distinguish between dragging and selecting text. Any help appreciated! thanks, regards, Ips ...

CRichEditCtrl and unicode
I have just converted my app to unicode and I had to replace a CEdit box on a dialogbar with a CRichEditCtrl text box to give me the ability to show unicode characters. Well, I found that was not enough to get it to show the correct characters, and I found that I had to change the control to a RichEdit2W control in the rc file AND change the font and character set for the control to the same as the text being put into the box. Well, I've done all of that, and it STILL does not show the correct characters in the box. This is a program that can use many different languages, so I nee...

dll cross-compatability
Hi, We will be starting a new project shortly, and as hard as I've tried to talk them out of it, they are using C# as the language. We have decided to do code blocks as dlls, for example, we may have a series of custom controls in a dll. I need to know if I write those custom controls in VC++ and create a dll, will the dll be usable from an application that was written in C# ? How can this be achieved (if possible) ? TIA. Several answers. (a) C# can call DLLs. In principle there should be no problem. In fact, you end up with some issues dealing with data structures, and th...

CButton with Icon in DLL Problem
I have some code that I used in VC++ 6.0 for an app. Now I have a VS.NET 2003 and things aren't all working for one of my DLLs. I have a CDialogBar derived class with buttons on it. This class, and icons, are stored in a DLL. With VC++ 6, I used this code to put the icons on the dialog bar, but that doesn't seem to work now. Can anybody help me out? HINSTANCE hInstResource = AfxFindResourceHandle(MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_GRAPHIC_BIN), RT_GROUP_ICON); HICON icon = ::LoadIcon(hInstResource, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_GRAPHIC_BIN)); ((CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_GRAPHIC_BIN))->SetIcon(icon); --...