Creating Document in MDI app

Hi,

In my application I wish to be able to export certain data to another file.

In one of the functions in my view I need to create a new document, call
some functions on it then save and close the document.
I am struggling to find how to do this.
I have only one Document template in my app.
The code I have so far is:

	POSITION p = GetApp()->GetFirstDocTemplatePosition();
	CDocTemplate* pTem = GetApp()->GetNextDocTemplate(p);

	CBob_photoDoc* pDoc = (CBob_photoDoc*)
		pTem->OpenDocumentFile(GetApp()->m_pProfStrs->DefFile,false);

CBob_photoDoc is my document class.
I can now call the required functions from by pDoc->Function
How do I close the document?
I have searched and I can only find a function to close all the documents. I
want a function that closes only a certain document. (pDoc)
Any help?
Cheers
Rob
0
fake614 (3)
11/11/2003 4:30:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Assuming that you have a standard document template initialization in your
InitInstance, i.e.

 CMultiDocTemplate* pDocTemplate;
 pDocTemplate = new CMultiDocTemplate(
  IDR_LISTVITYPE,
  RUNTIME_CLASS(CListViewDoc),
  RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame), // custom MDI child frame
  RUNTIME_CLASS(CListViewView));
 AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate);

for your CBob_photoDoc class, you can do something like this...

POSITION pos= CBob_photoDoc->GetFirstViewPosition();
CView* pView= CBob_photoDoc->GetNextView( pos );
pView->PostMessage( WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_CLOSE );

HTH
--
============
Frank Hickman

<fake@reply-address.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In my application I wish to be able to export certain data to another
file.

> In one of the functions in my view I need to create a new document, call
> some functions on it then save and close the document.
> I am struggling to find how to do this.
> I have only one Document template in my app.
> The code I have so far is:
>
> POSITION p = GetApp()->GetFirstDocTemplatePosition();
> CDocTemplate* pTem = GetApp()->GetNextDocTemplate(p);
>
> CBob_photoDoc* pDoc = (CBob_photoDoc*)
> pTem->OpenDocumentFile(GetApp()->m_pProfStrs->DefFile,false);
>
> CBob_photoDoc is my document class.
> I can now call the required functions from by pDoc->Function
> How do I close the document?
> I have searched and I can only find a function to close all the documents.
> want a function that closes only a certain document. (pDoc)
> Any help?
> Cheers
> Rob

create a roster

Automatic Appling AR documents
- I'm looking for a routine that can be scheduled to run through all unapplied payments and auto-apply them for all customers within a GP10 Company. Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks Jon Jon, I believe the Microsoft Professional Services team has a tool for sale that will do this. Your GP Partner should be able to help you with details and pricing on this. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "JColesby" <jcolesby@gmail.com>...

Generating a document from Opportunity
Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle. What is the "best practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock and custom Opportunity fields? In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's history and attach the said merged document to that activity. Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated. Rich Scott Hi, Richard. I have the same question. I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from a...

VLookup in other document
Here is my problem. Please help I have two documents A and B. In document A I have a table existing of codes and descriptions Range A1: B100 Column A contains codes, Column B contains descriptions In document B I want to lookup the description for a given code. I have a cell C10 containing the code and a cell C11 containing a formula =VLOOKUP(A1;'K:\Douane\Regressie\[RTScenario.xls]FxP'!$A$1:$B200;2) Till so far it works !! But I use this formula many times in my excel sheet and in many Excel documents, so if Ithe lokation of document A changes, I have to change all the for...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

Different views in MDI(urgent)
hello, I have a menu with oprtions for plotting six graphs based on different sets of data.In the normal MDI application created from the single menu option of NEW different child windows are opened.In my case how should i then overwrite NEW so that for each menu option a different child window is obtained dispalying a different sets of values thanks in advance Hi, As i anderstand you want to have 6 different NEW menu options and each of them must draw different graphs. (Though i am suspious that you want to have one NEW menu option and six other menu options.) Override handles...

How to create pie chart with %

Newbie: Return a xml-document to client
Hi I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either from a .aspx-site or with http-GET. eg. http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2 I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since " The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations() " A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a dataset. My question is how i should solve this problem. I can retur...

How can I use strikethrough in a Publisher 2007 document?
I want to use strikethrough on some text within a textbox in a Publisher 2007 document, but I cannot find that option under formatting font. Under the Edit tab, I see "Edit Story Using Microsoft Word" and this takes me to a screen where I can get at the MSWord strikethrough formatting, but when I close that window, the strikethrough disappears. The only way to have strikethrough in Publisher is to select the line tool and draw a line through the text. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49640...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Protection of document properties ..??
OK, not sure if this is possible but here goes ... I have created a master document in Excel, this will be used by hundreds of people, they will be changing the information within the document but what I need to do is protect the settings of the document e.g. the page setup, whilst still letting changes to the information contained within the document itself. Is there anyway of doing this ? Cheers. Password protect the entire document, then unprotect the user data areas ....? If users need to print off specific bits of it for their own use, create interdependant user pages including jus...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book