Creating a word document

I have a text file that has tab delimited rows of fields.  I would like to
input the file into a C++ program and write out a word document with some of
the fields bolded.   I have develop a program to read input text file and
now would like to write out the Word formatted .doc file.  Is there a
control that I can use to get the Word formatted output?

Is there a better way to go about this?  I feel like I am reinventing the
wheel.  I basically need a "xls" to "doc" converter program that allows me
to format the various fields the way I want.

Thanks,
Michael Fox

0
mfox (11)
8/5/2003 1:14:46 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you looked at Word (OLE) Automation?

"Michael Fox" <mfox@aeromet.com> wrote in message
> I have a text file that has tab delimited rows of fields.  I would like to
> input the file into a C++ program and write out a word document with some
of
> the fields bolded.   I have develop a program to read input text file and
> now would like to write out the Word formatted .doc file.  Is there a
> control that I can use to get the Word formatted output?
>
> Is there a better way to go about this?  I feel like I am reinventing the
> wheel.  I basically need a "xls" to "doc" converter program that allows me
> to format the various fields the way I want.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Fox

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

paste multi format data(CF_TEXT, CF_ENHMETAFILE) to MS Word
Hi Group, I managed to put multi format data into clipboard, ie, CF_TEXT and CF_ENHMETAFILE. When I paste it into notepad.exe, it's text; when I paste it to paint.exe, it's a bitmap, everything seems OK. When I paste it to MS Word, it's always text. But if I copy some text and bitmap inside Word and paste it on Word, there is a drop down box which let me choose the source format or destination format of text only. I want Word can read all my format and choose if paste as TEXT or Bitmap, is that possible? I have a recollection that the order of the items in the clipboard ...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

get computer name, desktop and my document
I would like to get computer name, desktop and mydocuments folder using VBA for my applications. Any function available to do this task? Your information is great appreciated, See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm at "The Access Web" for how to get the computer name, and http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0054.htm for how to get the location of special folders such as Desktop and MyDocuments. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "iccsi" <inungh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1f8...

1500 page Publisher document won't open
I have created a large Publisher document...three times, no less, and can't get the document open after closing it. The message I get says: Publisher can't open this document. What's going on? HELP. I am tired of typing this thing...Ü Considering I've never seen a dialog box that says "Publisher can't open this document", I suspect it says a bit more. What version of Publisher are you using? I also kind of doubt that you've retyped 1500 pages three times. I'd bet you've done something a bit simpler. What did you do to create a documen...

Problems using Word as Editor
Am using Office/Outlook 2000. My OS is Windows XPMCE. This just started where I get this error statement: Can't open this item. Microsoft WordMail could not be started. Try one of the following: Close any open dialog boxes in Word. Make susre Word is installed correctly. Close other programs and try again. If I quit Word from the task box or restart my computer, I can open an email and read it in Word because the computer reloads it. If I try to open another or try to write an email I get the message. I've tried reinstalling Office but the problem still persists. I've never had th...

Create and customize axis on all sides of charts
It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale, units, formatting, etc. We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my ow...

don't want birthdays created automtically in my calendar
HI, It's very anoing that outlook automatically creates birthdays in he calendar for every single contact. Can that be prevented? Allan ...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Maybe something like this: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm This could be very helpful too: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut06.htm Al...

Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?
Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already stored in an Access database. I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in one go. yes you can http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf Jan Main wrote: >Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already >stored in an Access database. >I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, >but would like to s...

Creating multiple hyperlinks created in 1 cell.
Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I need to be able to link to multiple documents. If you're willing to cheat a bit. You can add two rectangles (formatted nicely to hide the borders) over the cell, you can assign different links to each. pjfandejf wrote: > > Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I > need to be able to link to multiple documents. -- Dave Peterson ...

Creating new excel docs with links
Hello, I was wondering if I can do the below with links in excel: I want to create an application that will read an excel file that contains the names of students in a course and creates a new excel file for each of the students based on the source file. The name of each new excel file should be the name of the student. I know I can create new worksheet and then link the cells between the source file and the new file. However, can I somehow have the link create a brand new excel file with the name of the contents of the cell the link is in? For example, if I have a cell in a source fil...

Why can't I see pictures when inserted in documents in Publisher?
When I try to insert a picture into a Publisher document, or receive publisher docs with pictures in them, I don't see the pictures on the screen. They are there as the boundary box for the picture is visible, and I can actually save the picture as a file and view the jpeg. I have checked the view - picture - display options and they are set up OK i.e. view detailed image. Also send image back/forward, but still no joy. Can anyone help me here . . . please?? Help and solution here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=P...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

Page won't show whole document unit you scroll
When I open a Excel 2007 document or Outlook 2007 evrything won't show on the page until I scroll down. I mean in excel it will only show about the first 10 lines or so, then if you move the mouse down then the whole page will show up. I have played with the refresh rate. I am out of ideas on how to fix. I work with the US Army and have about 5 machines that are doing the same thing. ...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

transfer contact info to Word document?
I have Outlook 2003. I have a large list of people in my address book/contact list, and I need to transfer the data on each, ie: e-mail, telephone number, street address etc. from my address book/contact list to a Word document, which I can e-mail. Is there a simple way to accomplish this so I don't have to manually type all the info? - Dan mail merge, using the catalog option if you want to have it all in one doc. Select the contacts and use Tools, Mail merge from outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Temp files saving in word & alphabetical filing
Hi, sorry if this has already been posted but i'm not sure how to use this! Recently, when saving files in Word, it's also saving a 'ghosted out' temp file. If i delete it, it deletes the original copy as well. Can anyone tell me why this has just started happening and how i stop it please. Also, again recently, in my word folders, my files will not save in alphabetical nor numerical order anymore. However, when my colleagues go into the same folders, they don't have any saved temp files and everything is nicely filed in order. I would really appreciate any he...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

automatically insert table into lots of separate word documents
Hi, i need to insert a table (from ms word or excel) into 250,000 ms word documents. this table needs to be inserted into page 1 of each of the documents. i am using ms wood 2003. Is there any software or quick method to do this ? thanks You could use a modification of the method in the See the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins -...