Create windows for XP?2000

Hi,

I am new to VC.

Can I use CSplitterWnd class to create windows(in explorer style split
windows) for use in Win-XP/2000.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Charlie.

0
cl.lists (1)
6/29/2005 4:40:13 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you can, it shouldn't be any different from what you did for pre-2000
OSes like 95/98. MSDN documentation outlines the steps you need to take.

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"charlie" <cl.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am new to VC.
>
> Can I use CSplitterWnd class to create windows(in explorer style split
> windows) for use in Win-XP/2000.
>
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie.

0
nish (347)

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Switchboard buttons not creating
I am using Access 2007. When I add a button it does not appear on the switchboard. I did delete one button, but it was not working either. How do I create a button that will appear and work properly? Thanks in advance for your advice. Did you edit the Switchboard in Design View or edit the Switchboard through Tools, Database Utilities, Switchboard Manager? Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com JMD.Park wrote: >I am using Access 2007. When I add a button it does not appear on the >switchboard. I did delete one button, but it was not working either. How do I >create a ...

Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities
Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files Capabilities? I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files. I am not interested in third party software. Thank you Eddy. Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose "Compressed (Zipped) File". "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75733F-4757-4253-9277-BC15273789C7@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a link or tutorial on usi...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks .
Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks . Check all of these at , http://windowsdatabase.blogspot.com Lot more new trends are in queue,so visiting it for instant updates. ...

Keyboard does not start after Windows XP starts up
Hello! A computer had a really bad virus with lots of pop-ups. I performed a completed hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP Professional. When the computer boots up, the keyboard comes on and the computer goes to windows. The computer does not have a PS/2 port, only USB ports. The USB mouse works, the keyboard does not work. I have tried using a different keyboard, plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, including the port the mouse was using. Nothing. I tried logging into safe mode, nothing. I reset the board by pulling up the little pin and...

Outlook 2000 and RPC over HTTP?
Is RPC over HTTP supported by Outlook 2000? Is RPC over HTTP supported by Exchange Server prior to 2003 (i.e., 2000, 5.5)? Or, another way to ask: Must I use Exchange Server 2003, and Outlook 2003 to accomplish RPC over HTTP? Thanks, Thomas PS: Most webcast and literature state things a in way where I think the answer is 2003 only (for both OL and Exch), but it would be nice if a KB article said "not support" on prior version. FYI. Unless, of course, it's support on those version in which case I'd say that doesn't come across.... ahh, ain't marketing literature w...

creating a macro for a "Save As" box
How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to alter the VBA code have failed. hi, add this to the macro wizard code Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show regards FSt1 "MysticMarley" wrote: > How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I > create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As" > w...

Problem opening office xp excel files
Hi all, I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help? This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then uncheck it. -- Regards Ken..........................

Dynamics Workflow windows in Dynamics
Hi there I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10 successfully. I have created a simple Purchase Order workflow. I have clicked the Activate Workflow button in this company. However when the users capture a Purchase Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase Order window e.g. Submit etc. I have logged out and back in again. What am I missing? Regards Robin The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007 (Enterprise Edition). Not a trivial thing. "Robinv" wrote: > Hi there > > I have ...

Creating Recipient policy
I currently am on the domain www.white.com for e.g but now i want to be able to pick up mail for another domain www.brown.com. I have heard how you can create a group and recipient policy to filter but I don't know how to go about it. Can anyone help as I know this is really hard to do ? One way to go is to add a 'Organisation' - 'Recipients' - 'Recipient Policies' Where you add a 'Recipient Policy' - 'E-Mail Addresses (Policy)' for the other domain and mark the 'This Exchange Organisation is resp...' /Stefan Johansson "Graeme Hend...

Fax component in Windows XP Service Pack 3
I have Win XP Home with Service Pack 3. It will not let me installation the Fax Component as described in the Installation section. I have tried using all the different ways mentioned in the trouble shooting guide but it won't install. It shows that it is trying to install and will create an icon in the Add new Printer and Fax group. But when you click on the Fax icon and click properties. It gives the error that the printer is either not correctly installed or not connected to the server. Any ideas? =?Utf-8?B?QW5vbw==?= <Anoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

windows firewall
Hello, I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remember turning on the windows firewall when I did the migration. TIA In article <#CCXKVkOLHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, no@way.com says... > I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA > for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it > be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remem...

Unhide the Application Window
I have vba code in an Access program that calls and manipulates data in an Excel spreadsheet. All the manipulation code works fine. This spreadsheet is unsecured (by design) and can be viewed by anyone. The problem is that after my code works on the file, the next time it is opened (not by any code) the application is hidden and the user must go to the menu bar and manually unhide the window. Is there code to rectify this situation? *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** This is a guess. If your users...

Problem with creating two variable data table
Presently I am unable to set up a formula in a cell for two inpu variable. I have gone through EXCEL help on how to create two variabl data table but unable to do so. There may something wrong in formula. I have done the following : Inserted a formula in cell D20 which read as : D21^2+E20^2-4. Keyed in a set of inputs in same column below the cell in which formul is written i.e. D21:D26 and keyed in another set of input in same ro in the cell that is at the right of formula cell i.e. E20:J20. Always one message comes "Input cell reference is not valid". Ther must be something wro...

Installing Access XP alongside Office Std
XP SR2. Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). I need to use Access for a month or two only. Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? thanks HG Hi Helen, > Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). ?? Office Standard would be a downgrade vs. Office Professional... > I need to use Access for a month or two only. Or, you might get hooked like the rest of us and be using it much longer! :-) > Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? I would think you should be fine ...

how do I turn off requesting scan when opening Excel (Office XP)
Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest", but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. ch...

How to create events in COM interop(in c#)
This is my COM wrapper written in c#. using System.Runtime.InteropServices; namespace SAFE_NAMESPACE_NAME { #region Events raised by your COM class public delegate void Event1Handler(int i, int j); [Guid("C37B4CE2-E6F0-404b-836A-722064BADBF1"), InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIDispatch) ] public interface EVENTS_NAME { // TODO: Insert event handlers for events your class raises here. [DispId(1)] void Event1(int i, int j); } #endregion #region Interface published by your COM class [Guid("117E0536-B80A-45b5-92BA-81B7AF5BAE5E"), InterfaceType(ComInte...

How can I create a chart using stacked & reg columns together?
I need to create a chart using 2 axis (which I can do already). The part I am struggling with is on the primary axis, I need 1 standard column and 1 stacked column side-by-side. I can do a dual axis with 1 stacked column and 1 line on the primary, but not a column. Any help is greatly appretiated. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html DMenegay wrote: > I need to create a chart using 2 axis (which I can do already). The part I > am struggling with is on the primary axis...

Creating "records" in Forms
Hello everyone- Need your help. I have to create a UserForm for Purchase Order information that will have multiple Items/Parts (and its info) within a sub-structure. The structure will be as below: PO Number <text_box_field> Vendor ID <text_box_field> Vendor Address <text_box_field> ------------------------- Item # | Item Desc | Qty | ------------------------- 1001 | Cables | 10 | ------------------------- 1002 | Bolts | 1000| <= all text boxes ------------------------- 1003 | Bulbs | 5 | ------------------------- <button for Add_Item> How should I create a ta...

Take a look at critical pack for Microsoft Windows
--fmjvrtegd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pgkkzaduq"; type="multipart/alternative" --pgkkzaduq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rjzqdxybvq" --rjzqdxybvq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer from t...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...