How can i count number of characters in rich edit control 2
0
Rahul (25)
12/22/2004 12:03:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If u mean controls of type Rich TextBox control, try

RichControl1 RC1;
CString Mes=RC.GetText();

int n=Mes.GetLength();

"Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i count number of characters in rich edit control 2

1
behzad
12/22/2004 2:06:23 PM
EM_GETTEXTLENGTHEX, WM_GETTEXTLENGTH, WM_GETTEXT, EM_STREAM*

"Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i count number of characters in rich edit control 2

See here:

http://www.codeproject.com/script/comments/forums.asp?forumid=1647&fr=26&select=1001082#xx1001082xx

In article <7743023C-EA83-4ACA-AB67-F1AE7279F1EB@microsoft.com>,
Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> How can i count number of characters in rich edit control 2

GetTextLength or GetTextLengthEx.

--
    Later,
    Jerry.

jcoffin1 (194)

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

VC2005
I'm porting an app developed under VC6 to VC2005 and I'm having trouble resolving some runtime assertions/crashes. My first question is, is it possible to call GetDlgItem on a windowless control? It looks like the answer is NO, because obviously it returns a window handle, which in my case is NULL. I can't find anything official that confirms this or explains how to work around it. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks On Apr 10, 10:34 am, Stodge <sto...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm porting an app developed under VC6 to VC2005 and I'm having > trouble resolving some runti...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Count

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

TFS / Source Control Integration with SSMS
Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong group. I'm in the process of building a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit, and I have the SQL 2008 client tools with SP1 as well as Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition with SP installed1. We use TFS at work, so I am trying to determine what I need to install to do the following: 1. Use TFS (or is it Team Explorer?) within BIDs to connect to the server than contains all of our source control items. From what I recall I just need to install a plugin, but I can't for the life of me remember what media I did that from i...

Line count

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Question on Spam Control
On MS Outlook 2003-- Is there a way to "Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List" without having to do this one at a time? I can move several messages to the junk filter at once, but I don't think that adds each of their addresses to the blocked sender's list. No. If it's any consolation blocking by sender address is a fairly ineffective method of blocking spam anyhow -- the spammers change their addresses constantly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.c...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

JScript to find characters
Hi, I'm trying to check for certain characters in the Account Name field. I've tried Ofindex, but it's not working properly. The characters I need to check for are: !@#$%&*()/\?': I just need to know a string method that will accomplish this... You need indexOf. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EC85239-B192-4810-8453-B0925F4FD358@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying to check for certain characters in the Account Name field. I've ...

Number format / field size
I want to set a Primary key with 16 digits - 4 groups of 4 numbers with spaces between - which I can use in a calculated field to increment. I have tried every permutation I can think of, can anyone help please? Use 4 separate fields, put contraints so that none of them can exceed 9999, and concatenate them into a single field in a calculated field in a query. Use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Kitty R" <Kitty R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

MFC ActiveX control Refreshing problem
Hi, I have crerated MFC ActiveX controla and when I run it in the IE6, it works fine, like it does downloading some files from server and encrypts them on the local machine and uploads the encrypted file back to the server. So during this process and after that also, when I switch to the other window and come back to the same IE page, then the control vanishes from the page, and instead the image of previous window comes into the container, where ActiveX control should come. Even though the control does'nt stop its processing in the background. So, this problem of refreshing is with web ...