Could I get any code to get all files in root-directory (in FAT32)?

Hello.. Please help me. Please.

I'm reading FAT32.
A root-directory (in my HDD as FAT32) have 600 files.
I tried to read the root-directory entry.
But I failed to read all entries. (just 256..?)

So I'm trying to get any code to get all entries any directory.(or
root-directory)

Please help me. Please..
0
keandi (17)
11/27/2007 11:27:39 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"keandi" <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message
> Hello.. Please help me. Please.
>
> I'm reading FAT32.
> A root-directory (in my HDD as FAT32) have 600 files.
> I tried to read the root-directory entry.
> But I failed to read all entries. (just 256..?)
>
> So I'm trying to get any code to get all entries any directory.(or
> root-directory)
>
> Please help me. Please..

Have a look at:

 FindFirstFile();  FindNextFile();

not forgetting FindClose();

Dave
--
David Webber
Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'

dave9996 (486)
11/27/2007 11:35:25 AM
Hi.. and thank you.
Hmm.. But I don't need Win32 API.
I'm reading FAT32 Partition.
So I don't need FindFirstFile() and... the others...
I need to read FAT32-directory-entries (over 512 files...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
On 11=BF=F927=C0=CF, =BF=C0=C8=C48=BD=C335=BA=D0, "David Webber" <d...@music=
al-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:
> "keandi" <kea...@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message

> > Hello.. Please help me. Please.
>
> > I'm reading FAT32.
> > A root-directory (in my HDD as FAT32) have 600 files.
> > I tried to read the root-directory entry.
> > But I failed to read all entries. (just 256..?)
>
> > So I'm trying to get any code to get all entries any directory.(or
> > root-directory)
>
> > Please help me. Please..
>
> Have a look at:
>
>  FindFirstFile();  FindNextFile();
>
> not forgetting FindClose();
>
> Dave
> --
> David Webber
> Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'http://www.mozart.co.uk
tm

0
keandi (17)
11/28/2007 12:58:36 AM
keandi schrieb:
> Hi.. and thank you.
> Hmm.. But I don't need Win32 API.
> I'm reading FAT32 Partition.
> So I don't need FindFirstFile() and... the others...
> I need to read FAT32-directory-entries (over 512 files...)

I don't really understand.
FundFistFile and FindNextFile work on any file system that is supported
by Windows, including NTFS. FAT16 and FAT32.

Maybe you can explain in more detail what your problem is?

Norbert
0
nunterberg (207)
11/28/2007 9:34:08 AM
And why is it you think FindFirstFile/FindNextFile won't work for FAT partitions?  I
wondered why you were doing something as strange as reading raw root directories.

This is what comes from asking the wrong question in the first place.  The answer was very
simple!  You have taken a trivial problem and made it hard!
					joe
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:58:36 -0800 (PST), keandi <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote:

>Hi.. and thank you.
>Hmm.. But I don't need Win32 API.
>I'm reading FAT32 Partition.
>So I don't need FindFirstFile() and... the others...
>I need to read FAT32-directory-entries (over 512 files...)
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>On 11��27��, ����8��35��, "David Webber" <d...@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
>wrote:
>> "keandi" <kea...@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message

>> > Hello.. Please help me. Please.
>>
>> > I'm reading FAT32.
>> > A root-directory (in my HDD as FAT32) have 600 files.
>> > I tried to read the root-directory entry.
>> > But I failed to read all entries. (just 256..?)
>>
>> > So I'm trying to get any code to get all entries any directory.(or
>> > root-directory)
>>
>> > Please help me. Please..
>>
>> Have a look at:
>>
>>  FindFirstFile();  FindNextFile();
>>
>> not forgetting FindClose();
>>
>> Dave
>> --
>> David Webber
>> Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'http://www.mozart.co.uk
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
11/28/2007 4:27:21 PM
> Hmm.. But I don't need Win32 API.
> I'm reading FAT32 Partition.

Like the other responders pointed out, standard Win32 API will
read any file system (including network drives, CD/DVD, whatever).

The only reason to say "I don't need Win32 API" and to care about
FAT is if you don't develop a Windows application.
Even DOS applications don't need to know about file system
structure (I can point you to the int 21h functions used
to enumerate files)

so, if you want to avoid even DOS level, you should learn the
structure of the FAT16/FAT32 file system, start with low level
disk access and do all the work.

But then microsoft.public.vc.mfc is not the right place to ask
questions (there is no MFC for DOS :-)

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK]
http://www.mihai-nita.net

code to delete vba code
I hve found this code to delete all code within a workbook. As soon the code reach the line If "ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection Then Exit Sub" the code stop and a failure message appear "if without end if " could you please help me with this issue. Thanks Sub ClearThisWorkbookCode() Dim StartLine As Long, LineCount As Long If ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection Then Exit Sub On Error Resume Next With ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("ThisWorkbook").CodeModule StartLine = .ProcStartLine("Workbook_Open", 0) If Sta...

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

PDF file #9

isv.config file rollback
I have an issue with the isv.config file. I customized it, adding a couple of buttons to the toolbar section under quote. Every now and again, the isv.config file reverts back to an older version of the file, which does not have my customizations. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Is there some setting that I may have forgotten to set? The isv.config is just a file so it won't revert on it self. However if you import an xml customization file this may contain a blank isv.config. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer ...

Running code when hyperlink clicked
Hello, I am definitely baffled. I am trying to run code when a hyperlink is clicked. I am using Excel 2007, the hyperlink is created in a cell on Sheet 1 using "=hyperlink()", the hyperlink is to a video clip, and events are definitely enabled. I had tried two things, either of which would be fine: 1. I put the following code in Sheet1, and it did not respond at all. What am I doing wrong? Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") = "It Ran" End Sub 2. I put the following...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

A Crystal Beginner

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...