could i customize the dialog that popups up when calling SHBrowserForFolder

i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how?
thanks in advance

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess there is no way to customize the common dialog, you must create
a new dialog and provide the required functionality in it

/Kiran

thinktwice wrote:
> i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how?
> thanks in advance

Take a look at this article.  I'm not sure this is what you want, but it's
cheap to look.

http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/yabffwcp.asp

Tom

"thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how?
> thanks in advance

0
tserface (3860)
9/12/2006 4:53:54 PM
thanks, it helps
Tom Serface wrote:
> Take a look at this article.  I'm not sure this is what you want, but it's
> cheap to look.
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/yabffwcp.asp
>
> Tom
>
> "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how?
> > thanks in advance

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

customer vendor consolidation #3
I would like to be able to transfer mulitple documents between payables and receivalbles all at once and have the option of having the documents transfer individually or as one lump sum. Currently if mulitple documents are transfered at the same time, a lump sum is transerferred instead of individiuals documents, which mean one credit memo is created instead of one per document being transferred. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

PropertySheet/Pages into Dialog
Hi ! I'm trying to use a PropertySheet embedded into a CDialog. My dialog contains a Frame with a vertical Splitter. On the left side of the splitter, I use a CFormView. This formView contains the propertySheet (I also replaced the propertySheet's tabControl by a group of radio buttons). If I change the active property page (by selecting another radio button than the default one) my property pages, views and dialog all keeps recieving WM_SYSTIMER messages. Then, as soon as the application looses the focus, the program hangs... This does not happen if the dialog keeps the focus ... I ...

global function for calling from the main to the dll
What is the right way to define a global function for calling from the main to the dll. I use a regular dll function (with MFC) which must return BOOL . I use the following definition: extern "C" BOOL __declspec(dllexport) CapturStartStop( CString WavFileName, unsigned SamplesPerSec, unsigned SampleLength, BOOL StartOrStop) Is that correct? regards Vinter "Vinter" <Vinter@malloc.com> wrote in message news:uvOEZJ#GFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > extern "C" BOOL __declspec(dllexport) CapturStartStop( CString > WavFileName, > unsign...

Is it Possible to call MFC dll from Win32 DLL?
Hi, I would like to know is there any way that i can use classes present in MFC Regular DLL to be accessible within my win32 DLL Yes. Theres nothing special about it. Expose the methods from your DLL and use it the way you normally would. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Schwang" <schwang_sam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eiD9ls5fEHA.2028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know is there any way that i can use classes present in MFC > Regular DLL to be accessible within my win32 DLL > > ...

Integration manager and customer fields
In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user defined fields created in the Human resources cards? Right now, we are integrating into the Payroll master but can not seem to import into any of the custom created fields. Thanks. Integration Manager does not have an adapter that will import into the HR fields. There may be a 3rd Party tool available - check ISV Central, they may have something there. "Jerry Flatto" wrote: > In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user > defined fields created in the Human res...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #2
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Custom dll Request
I'm looking for someone to write a dll. I want my RMS POS to present a 3-choice dialog box at the beginning of every transaction. Button #1 - Sale/Return - would simply close the dialog and allow the cashier to ring up a sale or return. Buttons #2 & #3 - Delivery Order & Special Order - would trigger macros. An <ESC> keystroke would be handled the same as Button #1. The default should be Delivery Order. If you've got the time, skills and inclination to provide something like this, contact me and we can discuss terms... Tom -- The worst words in business: "...

Is it possible to make a MFC dialog In-Proc when called from and ATL COM from VB?
Hi, I have an ATL COM object that contains a MFC Dialog. One method of my ATL must allow me to display the dialog in modal (DoModal). I use this ATL COM in my VB app. I want to call the ATL Method from my VB app to make the MFC dialog appear in modal. The problem is : The dialog appears, but is not in-proc. So I receive a message each time I click on the parent window (not a beep sound, but really a message). Is it possible at all to make my dialog appear in-proc or it is a limitation of the COM (or VB) usage? Someone talked to me about In-Proc server, but I really don't understand ...

setup option to roll down changes from customer card billing addre
I received a suggestion that if a user makes a change to the bill to address on the customer card, you should be able to roll the changes down to your transactions. The custoemr would like to see a setup option that would do this. I received this suggestion at convergence. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader...

Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.
Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a limit? Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB. The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality we only want to give them a warning that they are getting close to the limit... Hope that makes sense ;-) Any help would be much appreciated! Thnx. Tom no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services... "Tom Kostis" &l...

" Proxy Autheticate" popup Outlook 2003/Win XP in AD domain
Have a user with a laptop/docking station who was out of town with the laptop for an extended period (approx 12 days). After he got back, he started getting prompted by Outlook for Proxy Authentication to open his mailbox. If you cancel out of the Proxy screen, it still opens fine. Been looking through everything on the web and we do not use the RPC scenario to get email. Should I be looking at the computer account or the user account to resolve this? He also no longer auto-connects with his mapped drives (he gets an error in Outlook about it can't find his PST file, but if you open/...

Multifile select in FileOpen dialog
Hello everyone. My app (SDI) requires several different data files to be loaded, after which it does some serious number crunching. It would be best if, rather than the user having to open each file individually, they can select several files at once in the standard OpenFile dialog. Is this possible, and if so where do I go for more info? Thanks in advance! Since this is an MFC newsgroup, I'll assume you are using MFC and recommend that you use the CFileDialog class. Just set the OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure (in CFileDialog::m_ofn). The documentation for ...

CDO error when calling Exchange server
I am running a utility called CDO Verify to test connections to my mailboxes from a server running Outlook2000 with CDO. Usually when the mailbox alias is wrong, I get LegacyDN = unknown. But sometime after a 5.5 - 2000 migration (not sure if that was it though) I am getting a nasty reply when running it: A COM exception occurred while verifying a mailbox's distinguished name.| |Source: Collaboration Data Objects| |Description: Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition persists. [Microsoft Exch...

Custom Workflow Activity
I have create a custom workflow activity for CRM 4.0 and have installed via dll on CRM server, however I cannot get it to authenticate against the CRM service as I cannot find credentials anywhere which are passed through. See below code, neither CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials or CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials contain any credentials (having looked into their properties in the watch window), resulting in no organisations being returned in orgResponse? Any ideas as to where I can obtain the credentials in a workflow activity to pass through? // STEP 1: Instantiate ...

Calling the Immediate Window
I handle dozens of DBs for various offices in my organization. The biggest hurdle I face is when I have to update data for these back-ends, someone somewhere invariably has the DB open. I have a Master DB that I use to automate all the updating I have to do and have incorporated the "WhoIsInTheDatabaseLockFile" procedure to find the Machine Names of these users (none of these DBs use user-level security - I inherited them as is). I then have some code to open a cmd window and run the psloggedon.exe from SysInternals (now part of Microsoft) to get the actual username of the per...

Phone Call Parameter
Hi I have one simple Question. Is it possibel to genrate Links that fill my Phone Call Form. For example something like this http://crm/activities/phone/edit.aspx?Subject="Test"&PhoneNumber="123456789" My Problem ist I need Form that contains certain Information, but the user not always create this activities. So my Application has to check if, the user change something. When he change nothing i had to remove the activity, else i think i get a huge amount of activities that nobody need. Thank you for help ...

Importing Custom Toolbars
I recently created several custom toolbars to work with a particular workbook. When I moved the Excel file which was that workbook to another computer, I discovered that the toolbars were not associated with the workbook and hence didn't exist on the other computer. Is there anyway to transfer these toolbars short of recreating them. Josh Josh, While the best practice is to dynamically create toolbars with code, you can attach a toolbar to a workbook. Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, then Customize. In that dialog, click the Toolbars tab, and then Attach. In the Attach dialog, s...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...

Allowed to view and edit all customers
When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the customer at will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Change the security status of the screen by using the left tab on screen near the F7 key. Then secure the customer screen by clicking F7 then press ctrl S together and select the options you want to block for security reasons. For example, I have two people only that can delete an account for everyone else that option is not available the button is grey. You can customize every tab th...

Client calls a web method with missing parameter
Hi , My web service method which takes a string input parameter and returns a string was called by an application with a blank input parameter value. Client gets http 500 error instead of xml file with an error code and description. how do I trap this type of errors. My web service supports http get/post and soap protocols. Any help is appreciated. ...

OnClose() is not called!
I have a Dialog-based application and when I press the escape key OnClose() is not calledQ But when I click on the close button it works. What message is fired when I close the dialog with escape? -- cody [Freeware, Games and Humor] www.deutronium.de.vu || www.deutronium.tk codymanix In a dialog box, the escape key generates the WM_KEYDOWN with a WPARAM of 0x1b (ASCII code for ESC key). Somewhere in the internals of windows message processing (most likely IsDialogMessage handler) the ESC key is changed into a WM_COMMAND message from control with DLG ID of 2 (same as IDCANCEL). The MFC...

NetworkInformationException when calling GetAllNetworkInterfaces from a windows service
Hi News Group, I'm writing some code that discovers network interfaces and devices. It works correct when executed in a console application (managed) but it fails when executed from a managed windows service. The service is configured to run as local service so I guess that is enough permission to perform the operations. Does anybody know how to discover network info from a windows service and why my code does fail ??? See stack for info. Even though it's managed code I know that the underlying function is pure win api and the source of the error. System.Ne...

Creating a customer accounts statement vis query?
Hi, i use access to create invoices for jobs that i do.. currently i have the following...Jobs database that includes a the cost for the job. I print an invoice from this information... The layout is basically the following..job.customerIDjob.descriptionjob.datejob.chargeI also record payments in a separate database called Payments because the payments are sometimes different than the charges...payment.customerIDpayment.datepayment.amountI would love to create a report that uses the data from both of these tables and generates a statement like so...Date Credit Debit1/2/07 �5...

is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?.
is it possible to see an incoming phone call id in an excel cell?... i ve caller id display installed on my phone line i can see the caller id on bt's little box also i ve tried few programs that gets caller id using modem info. but all these dont (cant) connect caller id infoin an excel cell which then retrieves info about customer who ownes the number. thanks ray Hi so you want a CTI solution? Never did this with Excel but as so many things it should be possible :-) - First it depends on your telephone system. What telephone solution are you using - If this is a professional telephon...