converts screen units to the specified dialog box units

Hello,
is it possible to converts screen units(pixel) to specified dialog box
units? I can't search opposite function to MapDialogRect.

I am using DLGTEMPLATE structure for creating dialogs. But this dialog is
modified runtime and I would like to save it to file again to using in
DLGTEMPLATE in next time. But I get coordinates by function GetWindowRect and
this coordiantes are not useful for using in DLGTEMPLATE.
Could you advide to me?
Thank you
Buly
0
buly (3)
6/4/2007 4:31:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>is it possible to converts screen units(pixel) to specified dialog box
>units? I can't search opposite function to MapDialogRect.

Given that MapDialogRect does DLU -> pixels all you need to do is get
the DLU:pixel factor and work backwards.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
6/4/2007 5:11:22 PM
I would think the inverse is easy.  If MapDialogRect(1000) => 1200, then you could simply
take your pixel values, multiply by 1000, divide by 1200, and you would have what you
need.  That's just algebra.

For example, suppose your value is 1200 pixels.  Then 1000*1200 = 1200000; divide that by
1200 and you get 1000, which is the DBU value you would have started with.  So if you got
a 2400 pixel element, it would represent 2000 DBU, which is the value you would store.

int PixelsToDBUs(int pixels, CDialog & dlg)
    {
     static const int multiplier = 1000;
     CRect r (0,0,multiplier,multiplier);
     dlg.MapDialogRect(&r);
     return pixels * multiplier/ r.Width()
    }
					joe

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:31:03 -0700, buly <buly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>is it possible to converts screen units(pixel) to specified dialog box
>units? I can't search opposite function to MapDialogRect.
>
>I am using DLGTEMPLATE structure for creating dialogs. But this dialog is
>modified runtime and I would like to save it to file again to using in
>DLGTEMPLATE in next time. But I get coordinates by function GetWindowRect and
>this coordiantes are not useful for using in DLGTEMPLATE.
>Could you advide to me?
>Thank you
>Buly
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Is there a registry key to specify the idle time before tracking info is processed?
Hello, In Outlook, read receipts and delivery notifications are processed in idle time, which seems to be about 1-2 minutes. Anyone know if a registry key specifies the exact idle time? We're looking to reduce it, like to zero if feasible! Thanks, - Alan. How did you come to this conclusion? Receipts are processed immediately = when using Exchange. Perhaps you need to specify your environment. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alan asked: | Hello, |=20 | In Outlook, read receipts and de...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Specific row at the top of the screen?
I have been looking in this forum for an answer to help me position a specific row located by a macro at the top of the screen. Can someone help? Thank's ahead From the Excel Vba help file... This example moves row ten to the top of the window. Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 10 -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Bobby" wrote in message I have been looking in this forum for an answer to help me position a specific row located by a macro at the top of the scre...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

I need reminder box for tasks&flags-but NO box for calendar remind
I know how to turn on/off the reminder sound & notification box under options-advanced options. Is there a way to have the reminder notification box activate for tasks & flags, but have NO reminder bos for calendar appointment reminders? No, you'd need to not set reminders on the calendar appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Is It Possible to Control Access Warning Pop-Up Message Boxes?
When running an update query, Access displays a warning message box and prompts for a response ("You are about to run an update query that will modify data in your table"). I have a macro that runs a series of update queries. Right now, I get the message box/response for each query. In this case, there is no need for the message box at all. Is there a way to (ideally) turn off this message for the duration of the query) or to answer it once for all of the queries? Thanks TerryoMSN It is possible to turn the warning off ... WARNING!!! If you forget to turn it bac...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Office 2008 causes fatal conflict ("black screen of death") when trying to save
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello all, I'm in some rather dire need of assistance - any help you could give me regarding this topic would so much appreciated! The problem is this: We are a college music department trying to run a suite of iMacs over a Windows network. The iMacs are locked to their maximum level, so only administrators can perform updates (regular users can't even, for example, save a new "Normal" Word document template!). More often than not, whenever we try to save projects (in all applications but most noticabl...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Start dialog from a generic class
Hello, I have created a Dialog Class with the ressource editor. I want to start/show this Dialog from an generic class. When I include the Dialog class header (ostguidlgposprocessor.h) I get the following error: --------------------Configuration: OSTGUI - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... OST.cpp c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2065: 'IDD_DIALOG1' : undeclared identifier c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2057: expected constant expression OST...

Font Dialog
Is there any "easy" way to get a CFontDialog control into a Modal Dialog or am I simply better off putting a button on the Modal Dialog whose handler constructs and runs a CFontDialog outside of the parent one? TIA Norm ...