Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005

I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris
0
Chris
9/24/2008 12:04:22 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS
>2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are
>working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Chris,

do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005?

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP theme
manifest file if the app is compiled in ANSI/MBCS...

HTH,
Giovanni

I never had this problem, but I think that 2005 was the first version where
they put in a manifest for you.  If you have your own XML manifest in your
resources you may want to try taking it out and see if that fixes your
problem.  Not sure what's up with the combo boxes, but I also think 2005 was
the first time new combo boxes had some space in the drop down (I think 3
spaces by default) added by default.  You may want to just try pulling them
down again to see if that fixes it up.  Also, are you using any override for
the CCombBox class?

Tom

"Chris Day" wrote in message news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net...
>I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS
>2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are
>working. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Chris

0
tom.nospam (3240)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

Outlook 2003: Attachment Icon doesn't print
All users in a subsidiary office share this attachment icon problem: they see the paper clip in the attachment field prior to opening the e-mail message, and they also see the icon in the opened e-mail (sometimes located below the subject line in the heading, and sometimes located in the body of the e-mail). When they print the message, the icon fails to appear. It will print when you print the message in Plain Text. For HTML it will be fixed in SP1 which is coming soon! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an O...

how to convert date

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

can not add email in SBS 2003
I am having a similar problem to one mentioned earlier. Just today I went to add a new employee email account into our system running SBS 2003. I do it through the active directory app as usual. The user creates just fine, but does not create the exchange mailbox or email address... I have extensively looked into the RUS stuff all that aprears ok and there are no errors in the event viewer. anyone have ideas? i need to get this resolved quickly. thanks, saul Check your event logs - do you see any 8331 errors in the Application log? If so, there's a hotfix available from MS, ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Import quicken 2003 to money 98??
Is if possible to import *.QSD and *.QDF files into Money98? I have some old records from two different computers I want to consolidate. I no longer own a copy of quicken, but still use money 98 at home. Any suggestions? John Not directly. M98 will only know how to deal with Quicken or, and I'm guessing here, Quicken files in native formats for the versions of Quicken that came out more or less in summer of 1997 or before. Suggestions? A) Figure out how to turn the Q03 files into QIF, b) Get a newer version of Money. M98 was the single buggiest version in the history of the produ...

Importing Outlook 2002 emails to 2003 from another computer
I am having trouble importing a .pst from another computer that has Outlook 2002 to a new machine with Outlook 2003. I am NOT running exchange so all of my emails are stored on the computer. I exported the Outlook 2002 to a .pst file, but when I try to import into the new Outlook 2003 it gives me a "File Access Denied. You do not have the permission required to access the fiel D:\Outlook\inbox.pst" I can not find anyplace to provide permission for this. I am just trying to move my old emails over to my new machine. >I am having trouble importing a .pst from another c...

Help with programming Access 2003
I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like to have a feature like an autonumber for sorting the movies in their cases. I have the movies broken up into A(dult) and K(id) I would like to have the autonumber have either the a for adult or k for kid then the number. However I have no idea on how to achieve this....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help On Dec 18, 7:22 pm, samurai71 <samura...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like > to have a feature like an a...

Upgrade 2002 Deluxe OEM > 2003 Standard
Hi, I wanted to upgrade from my original Money 2002 Deluxe OEM (bought in the US) to 2003 Standard Win32 English Intl (bought in Hong Kong). The installation went okay until I tried to open my original mystuff.mny file where I got an error that the file was created with an incompatible version. Is it because I was using the Deluxe version and then wanted to upgrade (or downgrade) to the Standard version? regards, nawee you cannot use a US version money file with a Int version of money.exe or vice versa. there are suggested solutions to this in earlier messages so you can search them out...

Cell Value vs Status Box Value
The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). Any suggestions/ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ awarner1 <<awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in news:awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com: > The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., > status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). > Any suggestions/ideas? What is the number format of the cell? -- My email address has an extra @ (spell ...

Moving from 2 domain controllers to 1 with exchange 2003 in the m
Help!! I would like to demote one domain controller of two leaving me with only one domain controller. The problem is i have Exchange 2003 in the domain which is not necessarily a problem. I am concerned that by demoting the backup domain server that there will be a problem with connectivity with exchange. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Please let me know. Note: the primary domain controller does the Global cataloging and config so this should be not problem right? Hi Rox, AD doesn't really have PDC and BDC like earlier versions of windows. You can certainly dem...

Convert Access97 to 2000

OutLook 2003 SP1
Dear all, I've a problem with my medium-sized PST (1.1Gb, local hard drive). When I try to move message from this PST to another local PST (old_messages_04) I got this error message: "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied". ScanDisk corrected some issue on PST files, and I already ran SCANPST.exe, but I got the same error. Could you help me? Did you've any site/links to follow? I altrady tried to look for help on internet unsuccesfully. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance ...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

CRM1.2 on SQL 2005
Does CRM 1.2 support SQL Server 2005 standard edition? I am trying to install and get the following error: I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM server 1.2 on Server2003 with SQL 2005 and get following installation error during install: "Setup was unable ot install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)." Thanks Chris "Chris" <chrisd1972@gmail.com> wrote in news:1153695510.955617.243440 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com: > Does CRM 1....

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

XML Note convert to DataSet