Converting Console Application to win32 application

I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows
Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic.
Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without
any display?
If positive, please help me regarding the steps.

Thanks

Kalish

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but
if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will
have the result you want.  Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and
selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing in you
WinMain so that the example on longer creates a window. Once you put your
code there then it will run your code without opening a window.

Or you can simply create a MFC probject, Dialog based, remove the dialog
creation in InitInstance, do your stuff in InitInstance and return FALSE to
exit the application.

AliR.

"kalish" <kalish@mans.com> wrote in message
> I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows
> Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it
logic.
> Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run
without
> any display?
> If positive, please help me regarding the steps.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kalish

0
AliR3470 (3234)

Report on application of Customer's Cheque
First and foremost this board is a great help, especially thanks Victoria. Sometimes there is a discrepancy between our AR balance and a Customers AP balance. In many accounting packages there is the capacity to run a report showing what invoices we applied each cheque to. I cannot find one in Great Plains. If it does not exist I could easily write a Crystal Report if I had the tables involved. Thanks Leslie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

console use of GUI app?
Hi, trying to extend an MFC GUI app so that it can be given some command line parameters and will then run in "quiet" mode, without displaying the GUI. Up to here it works fine. The problem is that when the app is launched e.g. from a cmd.exe console, the console doesn't wait for the app to finish. Which also means the cmd.exe console won't display the text written by the app to cout or stdout. Any ideas on how to 'correct' this? thanks! - Jan No surprises here. This is how Windows is defined to work. A console app writes to a console, a GUI app doesn't ha...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

XML Note convert to DataSet

How to register a class name in a CDialog based application who has an external ressource dll
Hi ! I have a CDialog based application. I added the line : CLASS "MyClassName" in the .RC file. In the InitInstance() I register my class. I use an external DLL ressource. This DLL is loaded in the InitInstance() methode It doesn't work. It seems that it because I have an external ressource. Does anybody have an idea ? Thank you comiv You can use AfxRegisterClass to register you window. Look at the sample code here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kcb1w44w(VS.80).aspx I dont know what exactly is the problem if you have a different DLL where this string resource is....

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

Console log File Trimming
I have a very large console log file (1.5 GB) that has grown to big to effeciently open up with Wordpad or Notepad to trim. Can I just rename the file to consoleold.log and let sbs recreate the file. Make sure everything runs fine for about a week and then delete the consoleold.log file to free up space on the C: drive? Hickinator Sure. -- Chris Puckett This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Hickinator" <Hickinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91596417-D317-48AE-86E6-B5A605AF9891@m...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...