convert class CString *' to 'short *'

Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
thank you

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
> thank you

The question makes no sense - like converting the address of an elephant to
the address of a mouse.

What exactly do you want to do and why do you want to do it?

Dave
--
David Webber
Author MOZART the music processor for Windows -

dave1 (356)
12/13/2006 8:19:25 AM
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:19:25 -0000, "David Webber"
<dave@musical.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
>> thank you
>
>The question makes no sense - like converting the address of an elephant to
>the address of a mouse.
>
>What exactly do you want to do and why do you want to do it?

Dave: I have a "feeling" that the OP wants to convert from CString to
WCHAR (which is 16 bits, so short)...

But I agree that if the OP would post some code we could better
understand and help.

MrAsm
0
invalid460 (432)
12/13/2006 1:21:48 PM
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:21:48 GMT, MrAsm <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>Dave: I have a "feeling" that the OP wants to convert from CString to
>WCHAR (which is 16 bits, so short)...

WCHAR * , or LPWSTR

0
invalid460 (432)
12/13/2006 1:23:01 PM
> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'

As others have pointed out, this does not make whole lot of sense. What
are you trying to do? Are you calling a Win3 API which requires this?

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6841)
12/13/2006 2:41:01 PM
Lovely ... :D
But David dont be harsh with newbies ....... and ladies ..... no no no

"David Webber" <dave@musical.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
>> thank you
>
> The question makes no sense - like converting the address of an elephant
> to the address of a mouse.
>
> What exactly do you want to do and why do you want to do it?
>
> Dave
> --
> David Webber
> Author MOZART the music processor for Windows -
> http://www.mozart.co.uk
> For discussion/support see

mubi (159)
12/13/2006 2:43:55 PM
"Mubashir Khan" <mubi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Lovely ... :D
> But David dont be harsh with newbies ....... and ladies ..... no no no

Sorry - that was not my intention.   [You'll probably know when it is <g>.]

Dave
--
David Webber
Author MOZART the music processor for Windows -
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion/support see

dave1 (356)
12/13/2006 2:57:46 PM
The question is silly.  Particulary in light of the fact that you later posted a coherent
question.
				joe

On 12 Dec 2006 22:18:01 -0800, "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
>thank you
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
12/13/2006 4:33:37 PM
You could convert a CString to an int using atoi() or _ttoi(), but you would
already have to have memory for the "short" you wouldn't want to assign that
value to a pointer.

Tom

"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
> thank you

0
tserface (3860)
12/13/2006 4:46:00 PM
Are you talking about getting a pointer to a CString's buffer ? As you might
with GetBuffer() ReleaseBuffer()?

"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody help to how to convert class CString *' to 'short *'
> thank you

0
Elan (39)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

How to register a class name in a CDialog based application who has an external ressource dll
Hi ! I have a CDialog based application. I added the line : CLASS "MyClassName" in the .RC file. In the InitInstance() I register my class. I use an external DLL ressource. This DLL is loaded in the InitInstance() methode It doesn't work. It seems that it because I have an external ressource. Does anybody have an idea ? Thank you comiv You can use AfxRegisterClass to register you window. Look at the sample code here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kcb1w44w(VS.80).aspx I dont know what exactly is the problem if you have a different DLL where this string resource is....

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

Start dialog from a generic class
Hello, I have created a Dialog Class with the ressource editor. I want to start/show this Dialog from an generic class. When I include the Dialog class header (ostguidlgposprocessor.h) I get the following error: --------------------Configuration: OSTGUI - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... OST.cpp c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2065: 'IDD_DIALOG1' : undeclared identifier c:\programme\microsoftvisualstudio\myprojects\ostroot\ostgui\ostguidlgpospro cessor.h(21) : error C2057: expected constant expression OST...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...

How to declare a pointer to a member function of a class?
Hi to all, How can I declare a pointer to a method of a class? I'm trying to do the following but the compiler doesn't like it and gives me the following error: ***** error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMyDlg::*)(class CString &)' to 'void (__cdecl *)(class CString &)' There is no context in which this conversion is possible ***** What would be the right way to declare the function pointer? void CMyDlg::funct1(CString &s) { s = "Funct One"; } void CMyDlg::funct2(CString &s) { s = "F...

Convert VC6.0 CString::Init() code to VC7.1.
How to convert the following code to VC7.1? // Need to declare a descendant of CString to allow access to the Init() member class CStackString : public CString { public: CStackString & operator=(CString const &s); CStackString & operator=(CStackString const &s); using CString::Init; // Make public }; inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } inline CStackString & CStackString::operator=(CStackString const &s) { CString::operator=(s); return *this; } class CStackValue...

Converting Lotus 123 to Excel
Hi there Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality from 123 ? "Paul Duane" <paul.duane@leaseplan.ie> wrote... >Is there a staightforward way of converting Lotus 123 >worksheets to Excel 2000 without using any third Party >Apps and without losing any of the Formula functionality >from 123 ? ..123 files? There are only 3 pieces of software that do anything with them: Lotus 123 itself (32-bit versions), Quattro Pro 10, and DataViz's Conv...