control list

I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i
use to display it again.
Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
> button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i
> use to display it again.

In VS2005, its ToolBar under View menu or hit Ctrl+Alt+X (unless you
have remapped this sequence).

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 1:00:02 PM
Your message is kinda confusing.
Are you missing a control from your dialog box or are you missing a control
from the Toolbox?

AliR.

"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
> button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i
> use to display it again.
> Thanks

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/30/2006 2:42:23 PM
AliR wrote:
> Your message is kinda confusing.
> Are you missing a control from your dialog box or are you missing a control
> from the Toolbox?

I think what OP meant was that she clicked on the 'Close' button on the
floating toolbar which essentially removed the toolbar itself. At least
this is how I understood it.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 2:47:06 PM
I read something about hiting Delete key.

AliR.

> AliR wrote:
> > Your message is kinda confusing.
> > Are you missing a control from your dialog box or are you missing a
control
> > from the Toolbox?
> >

> I think what OP meant was that she clicked on the 'Close' button on the
> floating toolbar which essentially removed the toolbar itself. At least
> this is how I understood it.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/30/2006 2:55:28 PM
If you closed your toolbox by accident you can easily get it back by
selecting Toolbox from the View menu.  If you have munged up the actual
controls somehow I think you can select Reset Toolbox to restore it from the
right click menu when the window is open.  You'll have to open a dialog to
see the controls and to get to this right click menu.

Tom

"priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
> button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i
> use to display it again.
> Thanks

0
tserface (3860)
8/30/2006 3:36:50 PM
The OP did sya they hit the del key which would remove one of the tools (if
highlighted) from the list.

"I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
 button) so that i can add control in my dialog box"

Hopefully, some of our banter helped Priyanka get restored and there is no
need to reinstall.

Tom

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>I read something about hiting Delete key.
>
> AliR.

0
tserface (3860)
8/30/2006 4:28:50 PM
I thought that the OP had a ListControl (control list) on the dialog and hit
del and deleted it! :o)

AliR.

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> The OP did sya they hit the del key which would remove one of the tools
(if
> highlighted) from the list.
>
> "I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
>  button) so that i can add control in my dialog box"
>
> Hopefully, some of our banter helped Priyanka get restored and there is no
> need to reinstall.
>
> Tom
>
> "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> >I read something about hiting Delete key.
> >
> > AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/30/2006 4:35:53 PM
Ajay Kalra wrote:
> > I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del
> > button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i
> > use to display it again.
>
> In VS2005, its ToolBar under View menu or hit Ctrl+Alt+X (unless you
> have remapped this sequence).

That should be ToolBox (and not ToolBar).

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 5:01:34 PM
> I read something about hiting Delete key.

She wrote Del Button. I still favor odds that she meant close button on
the caption.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 5:02:50 PM
> I thought that the OP had a ListControl (control list) on the dialog and hit
> del and deleted it! :o)

Now thats vivid imagination.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 5:03:41 PM
Well at least now everyone knows you can restore the pane using View/ToolBox
or reset the tools using the right click menu.  It's not so easy to delete
items off the menu since you are asked if you really want to do it or not if
you press the Del key.

Tom

>> I read something about hiting Delete key.
>
> She wrote Del Button. I still favor odds that she meant close button on
> the caption.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
tserface (3860)
8/30/2006 5:38:47 PM
Tom Serface wrote:
> Well at least now everyone knows you can restore the pane using View/ToolBox
> or reset the tools using the right click menu.  It's not so easy to delete
> items off the menu since you are asked if you really want to do it or not if
> you press the Del key.

I am not aware of deleting the items, at least in VC6 you couldnt do
it. Regardless I never tried it.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 5:42:34 PM
I am starting to think that we have too much time on our hands.

AliR.

> Tom Serface wrote:
> > Well at least now everyone knows you can restore the pane using
View/ToolBox
> > or reset the tools using the right click menu.  It's not so easy to
delete
> > items off the menu since you are asked if you really want to do it or
not if
> > you press the Del key.
> >

> I am not aware of deleting the items, at least in VC6 you couldnt do
> it. Regardless I never tried it.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/30/2006 6:20:08 PM
Speak for yourself... I just keep juggling all these, um, tasks and stopping
in here ever hour or so is kind of like stress relief.

>I am starting to think that we have too much time on our hands.
>
> AliR.

0
tserface (3860)
8/30/2006 6:25:55 PM
In VS 2005 you can delete them and you can also add your own.  Perhaps
that's one of the improvements.

Tom

> Tom Serface wrote:
>> Well at least now everyone knows you can restore the pane using
>> View/ToolBox
>> or reset the tools using the right click menu.  It's not so easy to
>> delete
>> items off the menu since you are asked if you really want to do it or not
>> if
>> you press the Del key.
>>

> I am not aware of deleting the items, at least in VC6 you couldnt do
> it. Regardless I never tried it.
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
tserface (3860)
8/30/2006 6:26:28 PM
> I am starting to think that we have too much time on our hands.

Its one of those lean times.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/30/2006 11:20:06 PM
> In VS 2005 you can delete them and you can also add your own.  Perhaps
> that's one of the improvements.

Thats how we add the third party controls. In VC6 you could add as
well(custom control).

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

create drop down for address list
I want to create an invoice with a drop down list for the "Bill To" section. Any help would be apreciated Much help, Marlis. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm And in particular, there's a link (on that same page) to a complete invoicing system you might like even better. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3792457B-D0CD-4329-BB69-ED89A49C0C45@microsoft.com... > I want to create an invoice with a drop down li...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

Associate an activity to each record of a marketing list
Hi all, If Im not wrong, when distibuting a campaign activity, that activity is assigned to people (record owers or myself). However, I would like the activity to be displayed in the activities of each record of the marketing list. How to do that? Thank you! ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Numbered List
New user of Outlook 2007 and recently created an email that had a numbered list that was quite long. It went to 17 items, and was left aligned. Is there anyway to change that to right aligned, short of using Word as the email editor. Thanks Carl well, you are using word as the editor in 2007.... Did you try selecting one of the items (or all) then clicking the little down arrow on the number list button and making a new numbered format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Tab in numbering does not move to next "level" in the list hierarchy
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This is how things used to go: <br><br>I start my list by typing &quot;1.&quot; and hitting the space bar. When I hit return, the next line begins with &quot;2.&quot; However, it used to be that when I pressed the tab key, the &quot;2.&quot; went to the next level: &quot;a.&quot; (followed by &quot;i.&quot; if I hit tab again to get to the third level). <br><br>Yesterday this stopped working. When I hit tab after my &quot;2.&quot; it simply ta...

Windows 2008 updates list
Hello, I wanted to list the installed updates on my Windows 2008 server. When I look in System Maintenance, WIndows Update, Update history, I list 102 entries. When I look in Programs, Programs and Features, Installed Updates, I list 100 entries. And... when I compare both lists, updates are missing either in one list or the other ! I can accept that some updates supersede others, this is why they will not be listed in the Installed Update but will be listed in the Update history. So... what should I put in my documentation ? One list ? The other ? A combination of both ?...

Device Manager Get list all the hardware devices installed in a computer?
Dear All, Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook Express 6.X Access 2002 Pro / Access 2003 Pro I want to get a list of all the hardware devices installed in a computer (Start-Settings-Control Panel-System-Hardware Tab - Device Manager) Devices by type, by connection, resources by type, resources by connection and the hidden devices Also of each device get: The Driver Provider The Driver Date The Driver Version The digital Signature And the Driver File Details (Its paths) Is there any API? Is this possible? Now if there is an app. that I can download freeware/payware that exports all this information...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Lists from Navigation Pane
I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, nothing appears. However, there is data there because as I move the pointer up and down, the information at the bottom changes. And, if I double-click an item, it takes me to a specific record. I can also take an action against an item. -- Charles Allen, MVP Same problem i am facing in MY REPORTS in the new version (9.0). any idea ?? BS "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message news:1992C890-583F-42ED-B9D4-DFD45FCE2D56@microsoft.com... > I've got a strange issue. When I click on any list, ...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Can I list my workbook sheets?
I have an excell workbook in which there is a pricelist sheet for ingredients and a (soon to be) large number of recipe sheets. Is it possible for me to devise a list of recipe sheets from which I can choose the recipe I wish to work on? Also, can I have the user use a form for data entry, not the general one on the Data menu? Thank you for your help. Jenny ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi for the second question see: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm -- Regards ...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Safe List...it there a limit to the number of sites that your can list
Is there a numerical limit to the number of email addresses and/or domains that you can list on the "safe list"???? Safe List...it there a limit to the number of sites that your can list Do you have a lot and do you think you hit a limit? If there is one, we don't know what it is yet... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://group...