Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Hi,
I am having problems at compile time using the following
line:
CTypedPtrList<CPtrList, CString*> m_ClientList ;

When compiled I get the following errors:
emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2143: syntax error :
missing ';' before '<'
emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2501: 'CTypedPtrList' :
missing storage-class or type specifiers
emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'
emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2238: unexpected token(s)
preceding ';'

I am using the version 6 of the compiler with SP5.

Now I think this is something to do with the compiler
settings as under another project the same line will
compile without problems! This to me says that the syntax
IS correct and my only conclusion is something to do with
the settings.

Can anyone help resolve the above?
Thanks,
Keith
0
anonymous (74721)
12/24/2003 10:14:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am having problems at compile time using the following
> line:
> CTypedPtrList<CPtrList, CString*> m_ClientList ;
>
> When compiled I get the following errors:
> emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2143: syntax error :
> missing ';' before '<'
> emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2501: 'CTypedPtrList' :
> missing storage-class or type specifiers
> emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'
> emailcfgdlg.h(114) : error C2238: unexpected token(s)
> preceding ';'

Keith,

Can you say whether you #include <afxtempl.h>?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
12/24/2003 10:49:42 PM

It is true to include <afxtempl.h> file (it is nice -
in "stdAfx.h" file)
0
armanco_x (1)
12/25/2003 6:29:42 AM

Hi,
Thanks guys, when I added this to my stdafx.h file all was
ok.
I looked at this a bit further and the original project
was created using the project wizard under VC5, but the
current one (using the wizard) under VC6. Now VC6 does not
automatically include this file which seems strange, I
have tried to generate different types of mfc.exe's and
none of them add the required header in stdafx.h :-( It
does however add a different file <afxdtctl.h> instead.
Now my knowledge is not great but I would have thought
that for a mfc app created by a wizard then all the
required header files would have been included, or have I
missed something here?

0
anonymous (74721)

Another Crystal Logon Error
I`ve seen many messages regarding the same issue as mine. I`v also chequed the reports FAQ and the KB cases. I`m receiving the following error on the event viewer: "Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp" Windows 2003 (Spanish) - CRM 1.2 (Spanish) Using a website crm.company.com Files stored on c:\inetpub\CRM Site with http And published with ISAServer using certificates for the outside (https://crm.company.com) Please provide some ...

AD diagram using Visiol
Hi All, I have Visio professional 2003, and I want to create diagram of my current Active Directory environment. Do I need the Visio Enterprise Network Tools? Is there Visio Enterprise Network Tools for Visio 2003 professional? Thanks, Nir autodiscovery of AD was dropped almost four years ago (2002) and is not available in v2003. There is an example of how to write code for it on MSDN. There are third party products available, such as http://www.dataassist.de/en/netdocad.shtml al "Nir B" <nir@icomverse.com> wrote in message news:uR2FpdeFGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP09.ph...

RE: Undeliverable Error Message
I received the following undeliverable error message a few times this weekend. "503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA" I've never seen that error message before. Does anyone know what causes that error and how to fix it? Thanks! Yong Yong <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I received the following undeliverable error message a few > times this weekend. > > "503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA" > > I've never seen that error message before. Does anyone > know what causes that error and how to fix it? I know what ...

Which Version Am I Using?
Hi, I'm trying to go through a bunch of MSCRM instances and get an inventory of what version they are running. I've read things that the CRM Server and database have two versioning schemes. How can I tell if, for example, Update Rollup 2 has been applied or perhaps only Update Rollup 1 has been applied? I see a version number when I go to the site and select Help -> About Microsoft CRM, but I don't know what these numbers pertain to or even their accuracy. Can anyone give me a definitive way to find out what version I'm running? Thanks, Bill On MSCRM Server, go to con...

using format condition
Hello there I discovered that if i set format condition to control in form it will also apear if i am on datasheet view. The problem is that i have many contros that are checkbox which cannot have format condition property (as far as i know). and when i present the data as datasheet it make lots of troubles. 1. Is there a way to set format condition for checkboxes? 2. is there a way to make the title on datasheet view to be with two lines? Re 2: No, you cannot make the Datasheet title row to be 2 rows tall. Re 1: You can simulate a check box with a text box that displays a Wingding ...

Error 0x800CCC15
Receiving this error when trying to send/rec email from ADELPHIA. A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'COACHKUC Adelphia Mail', Server: 'mail.adelphia.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 ...

post sp2 smtp errors on IMF
2003 server sp1 , exchange 2003 sp2 finished cleanly i configured IMF ( once Bharat Suneja showed me where!); i am now getting the following errors; i have searched but found no reference that seams pertinent ( to me ) . Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA. i might add that the IMF 1.0 was NOT previous installed Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7514 Date: 11/15/2005 Time: 6:48:41 PM User: N/A Computer: AZMAIL Description: An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x800...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

compile error in hidden module: tbrun9
solution to eliminate the display occuring every time when opening and closing an excel file XL: Compile Error in Hidden Module Tbrun97.xls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 TextBridge (scanner OCR software) addin has a problem. Move it out of your XLStart folder. clearwater_Fl_bob wrote: > > solution to eliminate the display occuring every time when opening and > closing an excel file -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Bob Check this KB article. XL: Compile Error in Hidden Module Tbrun97.xls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

error after saving a contract
I migrated some accounts from an oracle db, when I compare the migrated accounts with an account that was created with MSCRM, I can find no differences (only the accountId field is different). When I want to create a contract with as customer the account that was created by MSCRM, CRM has no problem saving the contract. When I create a contract with the migrated account, I get an errorscreen (screen1 contents). When I change one of the customerfield of the contract that did change I get another errorscreen (screen2 contents). Does anyone know a solution for this problem? thx, Bert vervliet /...

helloMFC compilation error
i am following my book's lesson for helloMFC and typed in ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_RADIOTOOL1, OnRadiotool) in the message_map code block but ended up getting the following 'IDC_RADIOTOOL1' : undeclared identifier OnRadiotool' : undeclared identifier Ensure that you have set the ID for the object(the radio box) in form editor or class wizard. joe # "James Chang" <jtnchang@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OXzeP4cQDHA.1072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > i am following my book's lesson for helloMFC and typed in > ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_RADIOTOOL1, OnRadioto...

ESM 80070005 error
Hi there, Exchange2003SP1 std running on W2K3 servers(without sp1) with FE & BE. It used to be fine to me, however since yesterday found outgoing internet emails queued & can't be sent, while incoming internet emails were OK. Then found at BE' ESM, it said FE's private store is down (I don't have public store in FE). In BE's ESM when I click FE's Queues, ESM prompted me Access denied error "Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005". In BE's ESM when I trick to mount FE's private store, ESM promted me error "You do not have the permission re...

frame object error
i have an object frame control on a form. when i do a "insert object" on the control and select the image file, instead of the image appearing in the frame object, the name of the image, e.g. "mypicture.jpg" appears in the frame object. why is this happening. this happens only on 1 particular pc. the problem does not happen on other pc. how do i make the image appear in the frame object? thanks for your help. ...

linker error because of unresolved external symbol
Hi there, I have a linker error I cannot get rid of. Here it is: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(filelist.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(timecore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype I have been searching the newsgroups and haven't found a solution for me. Usually , one get this error when mixing up run-time libs. But I...

Exchange error 929
Hi all and thanks in advance for any help. I recently installed Exchange 2003. It seems she is running well except for the MS Exchange Routing Error 929 showing up in the event logs every hour. This was a fresh install on a new box, no other Exchange servers in the organization. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks, Heather Hi Heather Pls check for this kb articles , this could be helpful to you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907969 Applicable same to Exchange 2003 this normally happens if permissions to exchange server object are lost in AD Anil "Heather" <hhi...

svchost.exe error
my partner keeps getting a "svchost.exe error" that freezes his PC. he would send this post but he can't keep his PC up long enough. he's using outlook 2002. he's rebooted several times and the error keeps occurring. suggestions??? ...

Error Starting Balance
Several months ago I started getting an error message telling me that the starting balance calculated by money differed from the one entered. I have spent many, many hours on the phone with tech service and still cannot get my account to balance. When I use the transactions in my money the account balances with a pencil and paper. In other words the ending balance is correct and the transactions are all matched. How can I get Money to balance my account. I have been a Money user for at least 8 years and haven't had this problem before. Thanks for you help. Ned In microsoft.public.m...

Script Error
I'm runinng a VBScript on a platform called Active Batch. For those who are not aware, it's a job scheduler. This script has been running just fine with no problems. I made a slight addition to the script and now I'm getting an error: "Invalid procedure call or argument". The odd thing to me, is that the script is not even erroring out on the change I made. It's errorring out on a line that has been running without issue in production for years. The simplified version of the code is: Dim FSO Dim sourceLocation Dim FileName Set FSO = CreateObje...

SQL Error Message- Row Cannot Be Located...
Hi, we're getting the following error message on a customers machine when she tries to open up Store POS for the first time- "Row cannot be located for updating- some values may have changed since last read". This is a new RMS Store Operations 2.0 installation and it's connecting to HQ. After this particular store was first created, there was an error synchronizing the databases, a collation problem which was immediately fixed and everything synched up fine. Disconnected and reconnected the database, Store Manager opens fine, deleted and recreated the register and ...

Using the latest MFC libaries.
Up until recently we have had to support 98/ME but no longer have that burden. So I was upping the version info in stdafx.h that is WINVER 0x0500 etc. So my question. Is this all I have to do to utilize some of the new features that are present in new versions of MFC, comct32.dll etc? I wasn't sure if I have to do something at link time to do this. We statically link to MFC. Thanks for your help James >Up until recently we have had to support 98/ME but no longer have that >burden. > >So I was upping the version info in stdafx.h >that is >WINVER 0x0500...

691 error
Could someone please tell me how to fix the above error. It is telling me that access is denied as my username/password is not recognized on the domain. I have posted this question somewhere else but cannot find it. Thanks. You really need to give a bit more information...what application are you using, version etc... But, if I was you I would log onto webmail with my account to make sure you're using the right information...then deleted my account in my respective application, then re- add it... >-----Original Message----- >Could someone please tell me how to fix the abo...

How to print spellcheck and grammar errors(like w/track changes)?
Hello, I would like to print a document with all the grammar and spellcheck errors highlighted with the red and green squiggly underlined words in order to show my kids the issues visibly for correction and learning. I 've not found a setting like with track changes that makes this possible...can anyone provide a tip on how to make this happen other than 'print screen' and then cropping the picture? -- MfG/BR BRDPARIS It is not possible to do this from Word. Your post suggests the only viable approach - screen capture, but you really need a capture software t...

Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f)
Hi This is the error I get everytime I want to download email from my ISP: Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K' The only difference are the charaters after the ? at the end which are different every time and include none printable characters. It happens right at the end. It seems as if the server's response is not parsed by the client side properly. Most of th...

Compiling CrtVDir.exe
Can anyone help me with the steps necessary to compile this MS utility, available at this KBase site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q1 88954.asp&NoWebContent=1 In VC 6(sp5) I get the following errors: Compiling... CrtVDir.cpp c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98 \atl\include\atliface.h(2055) : error C2065: 'GUID_NULL' : undeclared identifier c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98 \atl\include\atliface.h(2055) : error C2440: 'default argument' : cannot convert from 'int' to &#...

Error creating new item in RMS 3.
I get the following error when I try to add some new items. "The Item Lookup Code must be unique". If we search for the item, no records are found. All items are active, (we got this error initially when some items had been made inactive and we tried to add the same ILC as a new item). There are 11,000 items in the msde SQL 2000 database and the usage percentage is about 94%. The database has been re-indexed with no change in this error. Can the database be compacted to remove any excess data? Is there potential damage to the database if we delete old items? How can the dat...