comctl32.dll version problems?

I am having some very strange problems with the CListView.

I have attempted to subclass CListView.  When
instantiating via code and displaying on a form that goes
fine.  When I insert two columns with column headers that
is fine.  When I go to insertitems nothing shows up.  Now
here is the very weird part. On my machine in the
windows\system32 folder i have version 5.82.2800.1106 of
comctl32.dll.  When I replace it with version
6.0.2800.1106 it works.  Another developer here has
version 5.81.4916.400 in his system32 folder and it works
as expected.  Does anyone know of some known quirks with
this dll?  If so what is the best workaround?

Thanks in advance. - ben
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Activex unable to load DLL
Hi, Here is a very strange scenario happening. I have created a MFC activex over a library supplied as .lib and .dll. Now this library function's (used in activex) refer to another DLL. Its like my acitvex ----> Calls... ---> Lib functions---> which calls another DLL---> refers JVM.dll No as I start TestCon32.exe everything is ok, but when I select (just click over) my activex name in list box), I get this error (578.994): C++ EH exception - code e06d7363 (first chance) what is this, Whats happening here ! Help Dwaach I dont know for sure but make sure all the dependen...

IIS extension DLL compile errors
Hi, Upgrading from VS6 to VS 2008; build platform is XP SP2. We have several IIS extensions and all are failing with the same error: error C4867: 'CEoeapiExtension::Default': function call missing argument list; use '&CEoeapiExtension::Default' to create a pointer to member The extension is based off the CHttpServer class and this error is on the ON_PARSE_COMMAND(Default, CEoeapiExtension, ITS_EMPTY) entry in the parse map. From what I can tell, the mFC libraries were supposed to have been modified to handle this stricter compiler checking? I also have the 2003 Pla...

Entourage 2008 import problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Last night, I downloaded Office 2008, and have subsequently been unable to import my e-mail and contacts that were previously contained in Entourage 2004. In addition, I have "lost" everything on my desktop. I am currently unable to get past the fist screen on "create an office identity" in the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant program. I haven't even been able to uninstall Office 2008, because I receive error message 1407. Help! On 8/19/09 6:07 PM, in article 59b7a9b9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ranger4401...

pfbackup installation problem with OLK XP
Checking for upgrades, I found that there is a newer version of Personal Folders Backup, so I downloaded it, and quit Outlook. To install, I was already aware that an uninstall of the 'old' file would be compulsory, and went along with the short series of install screens with no error messages. Imagine my surprise when the "backup" command had disappeared from the File drop down menu. I rechecked the download site, under troubleshooting. I read - "Search you hard disk for the Pfbackup.exe file and make sure that the Pfbackup.exe file that you downloaded has a size o...

transform MDI application into a dll window and load it as child of another window
hello, like the subject sais i want to transform a MDI application into a dll and load from that dll the main window as a child of an other window. what i have done so far is: i created a dll using the same sources as my exe uses, i have created a wrapper class in this dll which helps me access the functionality of application. with this wrapper i created the main MDI window, as child of an other window. but now i have this problem: the buttons of my toolbars do not get updated properly ( i mean enable/disable ), also i have no tooltips, and the text in the statusbar does not update ei...

Auto increment version on each build ?
Hi, how do i auto increment version info on each build of my project in VC++6.0. TIA Sanjeev Kumar http://www.coolcampus.8k.com See MSDN article:Q237870 - "HOWTO: Increment Version Information After Each Build in Visual C++" Jase "Sanjeev" <sanjeev_magoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac6d1213.0402280604.399e0f3c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > how do i auto increment version info on each build of my project > in VC++6.0. > > TIA > Sanjeev Kumar > http://www.coolcampus.8k.com I needed a mechanism that was independent of VBA,...

Shared Workbook problems
I have several questions concerning shared workbooks in Excel XP and I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. The questions are below. 1. Concerning shared workbooks, what is the difference between Save vs. Save As? How are multi-user edits affected? 2. Why does User B receives an error message stating that the shared workbook is locked by User A when User A is no longer in the shared workbook. In addition, when the share workbook dialog box is viewed, User A's name appears twice in the "who has this workbook open now field". 3 Is it possible to lock c...

Alias problem #3
OK, we are having an issue with Outlook resolving an alias. Every user here has a 3 character alias in Exchange 2003. Some people have a second e-mail address associated with the mailbox for external mail purposes. We have one user with the alias "swh" and their e-mail is "swh@example.com". We have a second user with the alias "sdw", but they have a second address for external use that is "swhite@example.com". So the problem is that in Outlook if a user just types in "swh" Outlook resolves both "swh" and "swhite"...

comctl32.dll version problems?
I am having some very strange problems with the CListView. I have attempted to subclass CListView. When instantiating via code and displaying on a form that goes fine. When I insert two columns with column headers that is fine. When I go to insertitems nothing shows up. Now here is the very weird part. On my machine in the windows\system32 folder i have version 5.82.2800.1106 of comctl32.dll. When I replace it with version 6.0.2800.1106 it works. Another developer here has version 5.81.4916.400 in his system32 folder and it works as expected. Does anyone know of some known qui...

Booklet printing problems
I am trying to print a booklet (8 1/2' x 11" folded in half). I have everything set up to print, but when I go to print it shrinks my images automatically. The booklet has JPEG images, Excel graphs, some text, etc. I have tried everything I know to do. Can anybody help? This is a time sensitive issue, so quick assistance would be appreciated! ...

OpenPrinter() problem
I am making a call to ::OpenPrinter from a MFC App. The first parameter to the call is an LPSTR. When I compile I am getting the message that it can't convert parameter 1 from char * to unsigned short *. I checked the documentation and the first parameter to OpenPrinter should be a LPSTR. Where is it getting that it should be a unsigned short *. I have included <WinSpool.h>. I am using VC++ 6 on Windows XP. >I am making a call to ::OpenPrinter from a MFC App. The first parameter to >the call is an LPSTR. When I compile I am getting the message that it can't >c...

Synchronization problems with CRM 1.2 in Outook
Hi Everybody, I have been encountering some problems synchronizing my Outlook installed with CRM client 1.2. The synchronization will fail whenever I try to sync. I can't take my information offline. Can anybody help me out with this?? Thanks Jeremy Please give us more information such as any error messages you get "Jeremy" <jeremy_x25@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a60801c4356e$f90cb210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi Everybody, > > I have been encountering some problems synchronizing my > Outlook installed with CRM client 1.2. The synchronization > will...

Use of Comctl32.dll version 6 in VS6
Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- Style controls? >Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- >Style controls? Yes, you just need to do what's detailed in the MSDN article "Using Windows XP Visual Styles". Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >>Is it possible to use Comctl32.dll in Visual C++ 6 for XP- >>Style controls? > >Yes, you just need to do what's detailed in the MSDN article "Using >Windows XP Visual Styles". > >Dave >-- >...

Problem opening files
I have several Visio 2002 files that I opened in Visio 2003. I then saved them as 2003 files. Now when I try to open them, I get a message saying that Visio has encountered an error and must close. They will not open at all. And since they are now 2003 files I cannot open them in Visio 2002. Any suggestions? ...

Excel-Automation in DLL
Hi, I'm just working on a project to feed Excel with data from a c++ program. It works fine when I do it in a MFC-Application (like it is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 178749 or 179706). But if I write the same code in a DLL and link it dynamically it can't start the Excel Application. Can somebody please help me and explain me why? (I hope this is not the wrong newsgroup) Greetz Mark "Mark Junge" <junge@upp-kassel.de> wrote in message news:<uoqXgTSJEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I'm just working on a project to f...

Problems creating dynamic chart in Excel 2007
Hi I am trying to create a dynamic line chart for my home accounts in Excel 2007 SP1. I have data entered horizontally by month in a sheet called "Savings". I have created named ranges as follows: for the X axis labels: chtsavings_label=OFFSET(Savings!$C$5,,,1,COUNTA(Savings!$C$5:$DQ$5))-1 This is the month title row. The -1 is because the last column is an average which I do not want to plot then for each account there is a row with data and I create a named range like: chtsavings_acct1_data=OFFSET(chtsavings_label,1,0) I then try to use these values in the chart via se...

Please HELP
Frusting item on my Outlook 2000, Outlook keeps failing on my after I open it. I am getting a window when I select Outlook 2000 which says [u]"This Application has failed to start because [b]PSKALLOC.DLL[/b] was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"[/u]. So I uninstalled and re-installed Outlook 2000 from the original CD, then updated all of the security fixes and patches and it still gives me that error. Can anyone help me with this ?? :oops: Thanks, Jon That does not sound like an Outlook file. Do you have any add-ins installed? --� Milly Staples...

installing downloaded version of M2004
Hi, I did the purchase of Money 2004 from the Tools...Upgrade Money. But I had to reformat the machine, and so I installed the trial version as you have to do. But it comes up with a dialog that's only web link is to an internal server, and when you click on the dialog, it closes Money, so there is no way to get to the Tools menu to be able to type in the installation key. Has anyone had this situation and found a way around it? Thx. -cf ...

MT2OFX Version 3.3 released
MT2OFX is a free program to convert any downloaded bank statement files to QIF, OFC, OFX or QFX for use with Money, Quicken etc. Full info on http://www.mt2ofx.tk/ . New bits in V3.3: * The program to be run on the output file can now be chosen freely. This makes it possible to associate (for example) OFX files with MT2OFX, which can produce modified OFX and pass this to Money. * Payee Mapping works on the Memo field as well as the Payee. * Scripts can be activated and deactivated without removing them from the configuration * Button added to "About" dialog...

Printing problem #3
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles ...

Problems with Reminder Alarm Default
I'm using Outlook 2002 on the PC (this is the old version th=ADat came with my HP IPAQ rz1715). Two problems: 1=2E When I start a calendar entry in Outlook, the default is=AD to have an "All day event" and to have the reminder unchecked, despite =ADthe fact that I have the Tools/Options/Preferences tab/Default remind=ADer checkbox checked. I want all day event unchecked and remindar checke=ADd to be the defaults instead of vice versa. 2=2E When I set a calendar entry in Outlook with a reminder a=ADlarm, the alarm does not get synced with the IPAQ. The alarm will go =ADoff ...

dll errors
I receive 2 dll errors on start up; c:\windows\system32\qgrtcacd.dll c:\windows\system32\ttxnusgf.dll Could anone please tell me how I can fix this problem?? -- cheers! Do you get these when starting Great Plains? If it happens when starting Windows, you may want to post in another forum. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "bruineyes" wrote: > I receive 2 dll errors on start up; > > c:\windows\system32\qgrtcacd.d...

EXCEL executed an invalid instruction in module VBE6.DLL
I've been using Windows 98SE with Office 2000 for two years without a problem. Now, suddenly, when I try to open Excel, I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." Message details explain "EXCEL executed an invalid instruction in module VBE6.DLL." While searching the newsgroups, I discovered quite a number of messages containing "VBE6.dll," but none that seemed to address my problem. The only recent change to my computer was to upgrade to Acrobat Reader 5.1 from an earlier 4.x version. I've uninstalled and ...

Access Violation using CCriticalSection in DLL
I have a log program that uses a CRiticalSection to synchronize writes to the log file. It works OK in most of my programs. When I Load a DLL (That I wrote) , I pass the address of the log program by reference to the DLL. When I call the log program from within the DLL, I get an access violation when the log program calls CCriticalSection::Lock after formatting the data to be logged. When I compile and test all programs in Debug mode, the log program works OK. I am declaring the logger outside of the scope of my main program so presumably that makes it global? Can anyone tell me what is...

Excel table from access sorting problem
I created an Excel97 table by transfering data from an Access97 table successfully. I could sort the new table but when I add new records they will not sort into the original excel table of access data. What am I doing wrong? Jadd, The most likely thing is that you have text from the Access table and numbers you're adding. They sort differently. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jadd" <Jadd777@JUNO.com> wrote in message news:1cb3c01c38879$fd639c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Excel97 t...