ComboBox-size

Hello,
I want to add a combobox to a dialog and modify the height in the
resource-editor of Visual Studio.NET.
I have understood that when pushing the arrow I can modify the
scroll area height. What I want to change however is the size of the
combobox in the unselected state. This is necessary if I use another
fontsize than the default one. At the moment whenever changing the font
of the combobox the selected item is only partially shown.

Anybody got an idea how to modify the height of a combobox in unselected
state in the resource editor (or maybe lateron)?

By the way, is there a way to select another font in the resource editor
in .NET?

Best Regards,
Hauke

0
audiodev (3)
5/4/2004 6:08:32 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

combobox
hi i am trying to create a combobox containing a list of names i want the list to default to a "dummy" value when the workbook is opened How do i do this? thanks kevin You would need a macro for that, assume that you use the combo box from the control toolbox, and that the linked cell is A2 in Sheet2 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").Value = "Your_Dummy_Value" End Sub Right click the little excel icon to the left of the filemenu and select view code or press Alt + F11 and double click ThisWorkbook That's where the ma...

Tracking email attachment sizes in exchange 2000??
Hey Everyone!! I wanted to know if there is a way within Exchange 2000 to track or report the users that send large attachments. Like we want to know all the users that send over 5mb of attachments via email? Is this possible with Exchange 2000 or do we need a third party tool? I know we can block large attachments in SMTP options in System Manager but we don't want to block anything, we just want to see a report. any ideas? thanks There isn't anything native that will show you this. Message tracking will show you a log of who sent what, and can optionally log the subject li...

Requery combobox
I have a form that includes a combobox that has the following in its on enter event: Private Sub cbProjectPhase_Enter() Me.cbProjectPhase.Requery End Sub The query that is tied to this combox uses another field ("Cost Center") on this form as criteria to select records for this combobox. It works fine except when I go to the next record and click on that combobox it removes what is showing in the previous record's combobox's field because my selection "Cost Center" is different this time. I understand why this happens but I don't know how to get around it. I...

Publisher 2003 printing file size increase
When I create a publisher file with pictures that is 2.98 MB and send it to my printer the file size jumps from 2.98 to 39.8 MB and then counts down very very slowly and bogs down the printer for several minutes. A document may take a longer time than expected to print or the print spool file may be larger in Office 2003 or in Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904948/en-us How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://of...

sizing forms; STAY !
I have ,sadly, a customer who really cares about the size of the forms - and worse , cares about extra "gray area" after the last fields are shown I've tried me.width = #### and I tried setting it in properties. and I've tried dragging it larger. Nothing works - the form goes back to what it want to be - Any way to make a form stay the size its told ? On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:55:59 -0400, barret bonden wrote: > I have ,sadly, a customer who really cares about the size of the forms - > and worse , cares about extra "gray area" after the last > f...

Help With Simple Combobox Programming
I have a combo box on sheet1. When the user clicks on the combo box the first time ( it gets focus ) It should add/load all items from sheet2 column A. Now when the user selects from the combobox that item should be copied/placed on sheet1.A5 similarly the next item selected in the combo box should be placed below A6 and so on How can this be accomplished with code thx Hi, Use code like that : Private Sub cboIn_Click() Dim intR As Integer intR = Range("a4").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Range("a4").Offset(intR, 0).Value = cboIn.Value End Sub Priv...

Gutter size
Hey guys, Whats the rule of thumb to figure gutter size? Twice the margin..plus what for fold & staple? Preparing to do a playbill booklet in Pub 2000. Rob There is no hard rule of thumb. If you are planning a small publication that a staple will suffice, then you probably won't need extra gutter space. http://www.prepressure.com/delivery/prevent.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message news:uisSdXqfGHA.4792@TK2MSFTNGP03....

how can I freeze column width (cell size)???
I have a spreadsheet with formulas. I show the formulas and resize (autofit) the columns. I want to freeze the column widths on all the columns then... .... uncheck show formulas. Problem: when I uncheck show formulas the columns resize (smaller) automatically. Many of the columns re-size to small for the data (pound signs display). Can someone tell me what I need to do to keep the columns from resizing after unchecking show formulas? Thanks, Tracey How about a little macro? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myColWidths(1 To 256) As Double Dim iCtr As Long With ActiveS...

? Maximum store size
Can any body give me an idea of the optimum store size I have a client that has 2 stores that are approx 50 GB in size would we be better off splitting the stores up into smaller stores? If so what would the best size be. We are haveing client RPC connection delays that are unacceptable. mitch wrote: > Can any body give me an idea of the optimum store size I have a client that > has 2 stores that are approx 50 GB in size would we be better off splitting > the stores up into smaller stores? If so what would the best size be. This is defined by you service level agreement and ba...

Populate combobox
Hello Why doesn't this populate my ActiveX combobox? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim row As Integer ' Make sure the RowSource property is empty Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "" Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A1:A12" ' Add some items to the ActiveX combobox For row = 1 To 12 Sheet1!ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(row, 1) Next row End Sub Change the exclamation point (!) to a period (.) after Sheet1 everywhere except in the row source reference that is within the quote marks. &quo...

VBA returning "Null" for TextBox.Font.Size
Dear all; I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to the following issue. I have a chart with a few textboxes. If I ask Dim tb As TextBox For Each tb In ActiveChart.TextBoxes Debug.Print tb.Name, tb.Font.Size Next I get Text Box 2054 8 Text Box 2061 Null Text Box 2062 8 Text Box 2063 8 Text Box 2064 8 Text Box 2067 8 My problem is box 2061, which returns "Null" (!)... I can see that the box has a nice "9" font size value in the chart itself, though. Any ideas? I'm using Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP 1 Thanks, Leo Hi, That would suggest that the...

combobox into another combobox
i got 2 combo boxes in a worksheet. i want to link the 2 combo boxes together. combo2 will depend on which is selected to the combo1. eg: combo1 - accessories, card, ram list in combo2 will vary on the item selected from the combo1. let say: combo1 - accessories have been selected combo2 - slot fan, usb to ps2 convertor. can someone helps me!!! thxns in advance Hi Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for lots of information on Data Validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html and for the section using Combo boxes http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- Regards ...

Monitor number/size of emails
I have users that never delete their emails and they take up needed disk space. I don't really want to put in hard limits. Is there a way to check on the number / size of emails that each user has? Preferrably I'd like to do this without having to access each user individually. I'm looking for a list of some sort. For Exchange 5.5 use Exchange Administrator and Exchange 2000/2003 Exchange System Manager. Drill down to your Mailbox Store to see your user's Mailbox Size and Item limits. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner &...

Filling More than one field a combobox selection
I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection. Am I going about this the right way? See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you need. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Avid Fan" wrote: > I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode > > Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table > &...

Help with ComboBox
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet using a ComboBox that allows selection of one of several sets of data. Each set is a 3 column row of data. I have the following properties set: BoundColumn: 2 TextColumn: 1 When a selection is made the ComboBox displays the column 1 value. The ComboBox seems to behave normally, except that when I close and open the file the combox initially displays the value of column 2 (instead of column 1). When a new selection is made it goes back to displaying the column 1 data. Shouldn't it always display the data as assigned by TextColu...

combobox in vista
hi , guys i meet the the same issue with below http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=ComboBox+in+vista&lang=en&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.platformsdk.shell&p=1&tid=9d3eeb9e-54d2-457d-8fc0-2473b2e2b203 who can tell me how to solve this question, or must wait the next version of mfc welcome any idea. thanks in advance. Doesnt the workaround as mentioned in the thread work for you? -- Ajay "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9722557-9FD2-4193-AE3C-AED94F3162CA@microso...

xls File size way too big
I am having a problem with xls file sizes. I have several virus-free files which are sized way out of proportion to their content. One file has one worksheet with 30 lines of text. No numbers, formulae, add-ins, macros etc. It is 601KB. A bigger (6 worksheets) version with similar properties is over 5MB. I have files (created earlier but not updated recently), with much more content (say, 30 times more content) which are only 75KB. What's up? How can I tame this? What should I look for? Hi Chuck! Here's two potential causes with solutions: Sometimes the size of a E...

Exchange 2003 SP2 db size limits
I have an Exchange 2003 install that was upgraded to SP2 some months ago. It was my understanding the SP2 raised the db size limit to 75Gb, but I recently had the following error: Product: Exchange Event ID: 1216 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Version: 6.5.6940.0 Component: Microsoft Exchange Information Store Message: The Exchange store 'THA\Mailbox Store (SRV_1)' is limited to 18 GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 17 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of 18 GB, the da...

Cascading comboboxes in datasheet, is it possible?
I have 3 tables: 1) Table Projects with autonumber primary key ProjectID, ProjectName (text) 2) Table Activities with autonumber primary key ActivityID, ActivityName(text), ProjectID (foreign key) 3) Table HoursWorked with autonumber ID field, ProjectID, ActivityID and Hours (Number) Tables Activities and Projects are linked. One project can have many activities. In table HoursWorked users insert ProjectID, ActivityID and Hours. This third table is linked to a datasheet form. What I would like to do is to select projects and corresponding activities by using cascading combo boxes in th...

Controlling initial FormView size
I have an MFC application which on startup opens multiple FormViews in ChildFrames. An annoyance I am having is that as they open up, the Views' sizes bear very little resemblance to underlying dialog resources. They are always either too big or too small in at least one direction, and need to be resized. Not a show stopper, but an annoyance. What is a good way to control the initial size of these windows? Thanks, Henryk Birecki You could try doing this code that will resize controls and the dialog and save the settings based on user interaction: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/re...

datagrid and combobox
Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox Not sure exactly what you're asking, but if it's what I think you can hook into the change notification on the combo box then send a message to your view to set the "grid" or whatever control you want to match the new selection in the combo box. I don't think you would associate them directly, but you could certainly cause a change in the combo box selection to change data in any other view or dialog in your program. To...

workbook size reduction
We have the option such as compact and repair database in MS Access, which allow us to reduce the database size. Can we do somthing similar with the Excel workbook? I have a workbook with many links and formulas with the size of 15.5Mb. It's hard to open and save it. Thanks in advance Many tips on saving memory and increasing performance can be found at www.decisionmodels.com -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38FD03F0-07DA-4DED-8CEF-4D782009073B@microsoft.com... > We have the option...

incorrect null value in combobox
Hello I have a combo with 2 columns. Everything is set up corectly (bound column, no of columns etc). Rowsource is a query which has 2 columns as well. All goes fine but from time to time, i don't know for what reason, I get the result me.combo.colum(0) or (1) = Null even though I should have not null values (the bound query returns not null values, I have checked) It is intriguing that this does not happen every time and also if I check the value of my combo with me.combo than it returns the correct result not null. Can I get the value of my second column other than...

Chart Data Point Size Changing ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 I'm embarrassed to ask this, as it's undoubtedly so simple, but just can't find out how to do it. Everything sure was simple in earlier versions ! Anyway, I have a simple chart that I created, linear, with the data points being shown as squares. Guess it picked the squares on its own, automatically. I would like to change them to circles, and also their size. How do do this, please ? Thanks, Bob Right click one of the squares in the chart Select Format Data Series from popup menu Right side of dialog: click Marker Options Cl...

Synchronization Error Offline Outlook BCP FIle Size
Hello, When trying to go offline in the Outlook client for CRM 3.0 I continue to get the following error. Does anyone know how I could fix this? "An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. BCP file size is incorrect. Actual:1749304. Expected:1749058." Thanks in advance Hello again, Some further details from this error. An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'OrganizationUI', batchRows=57 with exception System.Fo...