ComboBox not showing contents

I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down menu in
an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under the
bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow.  I tried creating
a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the exact
same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor; and
tried to dynamically add strings during run time.  The data is there, when I
use the arrow keys to find it.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003.

Anyhelp would be wonderful, thanks!
Darren
0
Anderson (15)
7/13/2005 12:56:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Darren Anderson wrote:
> I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down menu in
> an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under the
> bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow.  I tried creating
> a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the exact
> same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor; and
> tried to dynamically add strings during run time.  The data is there, when I
> use the arrow keys to find it.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>
> I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003.
>
> Anyhelp would be wonderful, thanks!
> Darren

u did not set the drop down window height. click on the spinner control
in the combobox in the resource view and adjust the drop down window
height.
Wow! I'm a noob, thanks for that... after clicking on the spinner I could set
the height.  I tried to figure it out programatically too without much
success ... Again thanks!

"Lonewolf" wrote:

> Darren Anderson wrote:
> > I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down menu in
> > an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under the
> > bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow.  I tried creating
> > a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the exact
> > same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor; and
> > tried to dynamically add strings during run time.  The data is there, when I
> > use the arrow keys to find it.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
> >
> > I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003.
> >
> > Anyhelp would be wonderful, thanks!
> > Darren
>
> u did not set the drop down window height. click on the spinner control
> in the combobox in the resource view and adjust the drop down window
> height.

You can do it via code too. Something like this :-

CRect r;
m_combo.GetWindowRect(&r);
r.bottom += 200;
m_combo.MoveWindow(r);

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"Darren Anderson" <DarrenAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:20A3A298-40F3-47FB-BD4E-8E34A4572909@microsoft.com...
> Wow! I'm a noob, thanks for that... after clicking on the spinner I could
> set
> the height.  I tried to figure it out programatically too without much
> success ... Again thanks!
>
> "Lonewolf" wrote:
>
>> Darren Anderson wrote:
>> > I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down
>> > menu in
>> > an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under
>> > the
>> > bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow.  I tried
>> > creating
>> > a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the
>> > exact
>> > same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor;
>> > and
>> > tried to dynamically add strings during run time.  The data is there,
>> > when I
>> > use the arrow keys to find it.  Has anyone else experienced this
>> > problem?
>> >
>> > I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003.
>> >
>> > Anyhelp would be wonderful, thanks!
>> > Darren
>>
>> u did not set the drop down window height. click on the spinner control
>> in the combobox in the resource view and adjust the drop down window
>> height.

0
nish (347)

Showing Microsoft Outlook's Inbox
Hello - I am trying to find a way to show Outlook's Inbox. I already know how to use FindWindow to flip over to Outlook but it just flips over to whatever window is present which could be the calendar, tasks, etc. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it show the Inbox. Thanks. Please explain why you cannot find the Outlook inbox? Using the folder view, click on the inbox. Or in the all mail folders view, do the same. If this does not answer your question, then post your version. Would have saved me some time and perhaps given me a few more minutes of much needed sl...

Microsoft Database Utility not showing any database
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I start Entourage, it tells me the database is corrupt and that I should use the MS Database Utility to repair it. When the utility launches there is no database listed there. <br><br>I've tried moving the Microsoft User Data folder as was suggested in a previous thread. But someone closed that thread before it was resolved so there are no other answers there. On 2010-01-26 16:17:20 -0500, BrendanM721@officeformac.com said: > When I start Entourage, it tells me the...

Requery combobox
I have a form that includes a combobox that has the following in its on enter event: Private Sub cbProjectPhase_Enter() Me.cbProjectPhase.Requery End Sub The query that is tied to this combox uses another field ("Cost Center") on this form as criteria to select records for this combobox. It works fine except when I go to the next record and click on that combobox it removes what is showing in the previous record's combobox's field because my selection "Cost Center" is different this time. I understand why this happens but I don't know how to get around it. I...

How to show all *new* notes (3.0)
Hi, I've been asked if it is possible to show all notes added to the CRM since a given day. Particularly to see all new notes added in the last week or month. I know this option does not exist natively, but I wondered if anyone else has a working solution for this? Much appreciated, Graeme ....I was able to create an "Advanced Find" for this, however, it's not the greatest solution. Any other thoughts out there? "Graeme Canivet" <gcanivet@remax-oa.com> wrote in message news:edYLQYP6IHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've been ...

combobox
hi i am trying to create a combobox containing a list of names i want the list to default to a "dummy" value when the workbook is opened How do i do this? thanks kevin You would need a macro for that, assume that you use the combo box from the control toolbox, and that the linked cell is A2 in Sheet2 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").Value = "Your_Dummy_Value" End Sub Right click the little excel icon to the left of the filemenu and select view code or press Alt + F11 and double click ThisWorkbook That's where the ma...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

want title to show on each page
I have 6 lines above a table and I want those lines to show on each page. How do I do that? -- Ytwater If you put them in the first row of the table, you can make them one of the repeating heading rows. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Meenie" <Meenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123B79A7-1FC1-40BB-B864-2C1F73CB6430@microsoft.com... >I have 6 lines above a table and I want those lines to show on each page. >How > do I do that? > -- > Ytwater &...

Transaction by vendor
This would sometimes be quite helpful if in Payables Management. On the Transactions by Vendor screen, for invoices that have been paid I would like to see which check(s) paid for each invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Help With Simple Combobox Programming
I have a combo box on sheet1. When the user clicks on the combo box the first time ( it gets focus ) It should add/load all items from sheet2 column A. Now when the user selects from the combobox that item should be copied/placed on sheet1.A5 similarly the next item selected in the combo box should be placed below A6 and so on How can this be accomplished with code thx Hi, Use code like that : Private Sub cboIn_Click() Dim intR As Integer intR = Range("a4").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Range("a4").Offset(intR, 0).Value = cboIn.Value End Sub Priv...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

Graphics in Signature Not Showing
I have created a signature that has two photos in it. However, eac time I send a test email to both my hotmail and yahoo accounts th photos don't show. Is there a way to correct this -- rasmusa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rasmusam's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=466 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=123372 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Citibank Download Transactions NOT SHOWING UP
Hello, I have seen several others with the same problem. I download my transactions directly from the Citibank website, and they appear to import correctly into Money 2006, but when I go to review the transactions the account registry is totally blank. I did the whole, clearing the internet files, but it didn't work. Any other ideas? I would really appreciate it, or I'm going to have to switch to Quicken! Thanks! Delfin I also have this problem; it is driving me nuts. (Downloadabl accounts is one reason I chose Citibank as my transactional bank). have tried setting up a ...

How can I prevent a Chart from showing zero values?
I am creating a chart, and sometimes the data will exist such that there are points that I would like ignored. These points are determined by an If statement, so I can place any string in there when I want them ignored, but I have not been able to find a string that will result in the points not being shown on the chart. Simply put, I am looking for a value that the chart will ignore or another way to accomplish the same ends. Hi, Try using NA() instead of "" Cheers Andy Quinn Ramsey wrote: > I am creating a chart, and sometimes the data will exist such that there are ...

Using a VBA forms text box to show the filename path
Hi, I want that when i launch my userform the activesheet saved location i shown in a text box (textbox1) How can this be done? cheers stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean that you want the saved location of the workbook to b displayed? If so, use the following. TEXTBOX1.TEXT = ACTIVEWORKBOOK.FULLNAM Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Printing Drafts emails Shows a "Sent time and Date"
Hi we have recently upgraded one of our clients to windows 7 / Office 2007. One of the users have reported that when printing draft emails there is a sent time and date that gets added to the top of the email even though the message has not been sent. I have looked through the outlook settings but cannot seem to find a way of turning this off. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have test the same on my own machine which is vista SP2 with office 2007 but get the same issue. I have noticed a date and time being put on draft emails, this started approximately 3 weeks ago. Co...

Populate combobox
Hello Why doesn't this populate my ActiveX combobox? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim row As Integer ' Make sure the RowSource property is empty Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "" Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A1:A12" ' Add some items to the ActiveX combobox For row = 1 To 12 Sheet1!ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(row, 1) Next row End Sub Change the exclamation point (!) to a period (.) after Sheet1 everywhere except in the row source reference that is within the quote marks. &quo...

Show all data -- FMR
I have 4 tables, each shares Date and Service, but after that they vary from budget details, to capacity details, all the way to actual details. Since the budget details go out into the future and the actuals do not, I want to produce a worksheet showing data from all tables from a date and out to a specified date. I know how to do the date request but the only data I get from my query is what is populated in all tables. (linked on Service and Date) Any assistance would be appreciated: EX: Date Forcast Budget Actual 1/1/07 ...

combobox into another combobox
i got 2 combo boxes in a worksheet. i want to link the 2 combo boxes together. combo2 will depend on which is selected to the combo1. eg: combo1 - accessories, card, ram list in combo2 will vary on the item selected from the combo1. let say: combo1 - accessories have been selected combo2 - slot fan, usb to ps2 convertor. can someone helps me!!! thxns in advance Hi Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for lots of information on Data Validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html and for the section using Combo boxes http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- Regards ...

Money2003-Budget-showing transfers
I'm just in the process of converting over from Quicken (file done), adjusting entries to agree with original account balances (done) and now into working up my budget. The large bulk of the amount shown in the 'annual' budget income is in what appears to be an account titled "Transfers into budget account" and in the expenses an account "Transfers out of budget accounts". I have no idea why. but I did find in the Knowldege Base Article - 80453 that there is, in the budget report, "an option to show transactions that are transfers. " I can...

Content Advisor
My content advisor comes up every time I change a page on the web. I have gone into the Tools-Internet and changed the settings but it still occurs-HELP ...

Filling More than one field a combobox selection
I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection. Am I going about this the right way? See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you need. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Avid Fan" wrote: > I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode > > Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table > &...

Chart values for blanks show as zero (Excel 2003)
I have a chart for quarterly activity (13 weeks per quarter). The chart data is a static range which is updated weekly. For weeks which have not occurred yet the fields are blank. However, the chart shows these weeks as having zero and plots them on the chart. How do I avoid this and only have blanks on the chart? Thanks for your assistance, SoccerTedTx@yahoo.com Are the cells blank? They have to be completely empty to register as blanks. A formula that returns "" is not a blank. You can use NA(), which is skipped in a line or XY chart: =IF(A1=0,NA(),A1) This puts #N/A into t...

not all period balances show in gl10110 #2
I have a couple of accounts that do not show their period balances for the current year. We have implemented GP starting July 1. I have created and posted period balances for 2006 through April 2007. I have only a couple of accounts that do not show a period balance but their balances did post with the rest of the batches. What do I need to do to rebuild the gl10110 table that holds the period balances? -- Roxanne Troyer Business/Systems Analyst Community Support Services You can reconcile the GL which will recalculate the the period balances based on your current fiscal period buck...

Help with ComboBox
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet using a ComboBox that allows selection of one of several sets of data. Each set is a 3 column row of data. I have the following properties set: BoundColumn: 2 TextColumn: 1 When a selection is made the ComboBox displays the column 1 value. The ComboBox seems to behave normally, except that when I close and open the file the combox initially displays the value of column 2 (instead of column 1). When a new selection is made it goes back to displaying the column 1 data. Shouldn't it always display the data as assigned by TextColu...

I can't get "continued on page . . " to show up in my text box. .
Know matter what I do, I can't get "continued on page" or "continued from page" to show up in my text box. What am I doing wrong. This is such a simple thing, why isn't it working? So FRUSTRATED!!!!! Publisher 2000 here. Create your pages and links (auto flow from page to page) Highlight text box on page one Select Format, Text frame properties, check the "continued to" and "continued from" You may have to edit them with page n and form page n -- Don Vancouver, USA "jnap" <jnap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...