ComboBox drop up instead drop down

Hello
Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW
the combobox,
but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox.
How can I achieve this? Thanks.
Tom

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that
the listbox will go offscreen.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
> AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that
> the listbox will go offscreen.

Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it when it is
displayed?

0
eric1954 (161)
5/17/2006 4:43:05 PM
You could certainly try it. Looking back, it should not be too
difficult to do it. WM_SHOW or something similar should be handled and
listbox can be moved in its handler.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
5/17/2006 5:45:38 PM
> You could certainly try it. Looking back, it should not be too
> difficult to do it. WM_SHOW or something similar should be handled and
> listbox can be moved in its handler.

It' s very difficult for me...
I don't find any WM_SHOW messages for CComboBox and its children in MS
Spy++.
I try it now to handle in WM_SETFOCUS. But I dont know how to obtain the
pointer to its edit or static control.

Greetings, T.

You will need to subclass the listbox portion of ComboBox and handle it
there. Spy++ should help you. To see how to subclass the edit control
and listbox of a CCombBox, see here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q174667
http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/checkcombo.asp

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Outlook periodically points to DC instead of Exchange server
Hi, I have a strange issue that started recently. Outlook clients on the network will occasionally get the balloon that says "Outlook is retrieving data... from server SATSAD1.mydomain.com". The problem is that this server is only an Active Directory DC. My exchange server is SATSMAIL.mydomain.com. Any ideas why this would happen? It always correctly finds the exchange server eventually, but why would it THINK that the other server is the exchange server? Thanks! <stephen@stulz-ats.com> wrote in message news:1121949667.424275.157010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...

Using Groupwise instead of Outlook in GP 10
Hello, We've recently starting using GP 10 and are having problems utilizing the 'Send To' function to send a report via email. This option, as you may know, is available in most Screen Outputs. Right now, if I click that button, I'll get a dialog asking me to choose a profile - the "Novell Groupwise" is the default entry. Unfortunately, this does nothing. Has any one had any success with using Groupwise as the email client instead of Outlook? Our partner was asked, and they unfortunately are running Outlook, which appears to work with no problems. Migrating...

Formula/calculation returning a 0 instead of actual sum
I am using 2007 and I have a workbook that returns a "0" instead of the actual sum. I have tried using @sum formula and just adding the cells together. Any ideas?? Sounds like your values are not "real" numbers. They may be Text values. Another possibility is you may be in manual calculation mode. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200908 "Jenny Beech" wrote: > I am using 2007 and I have a workbook that returns a "0" instead of the > actual sum. I have tried using @sum formula and just adding the cells > together. > ...

Drop Down list will not choose Yes in protected 2007 form
Using Word 2007 with legacy tools for drop down form field. Only one user has the problem which is - can not choose Yes from the drop down field. He sends me the document and I have no problem. The document is on his desktop. The problem is with his PC, but I don't know what else to check. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! -- 2007 Newbie ...

drag and drop #5
Hi, Does anybody know how to implement drag and drop with bitmat obiects? I have to drag a bitmap from one part of my window to another. There is no need to move it outside the application. Marcin Hi, if all you need is just moving some picture inside a window, system d&d isn't the best choice. I would rather use mouse messages (MOUSEOVER,MOUSEDOWN,MOUSEUP) to track mouse positon and state to paint the picture by myself(CDC::BitBlt) in a MOUSEMOVE event handler. Of course, before drawing, care must be taken to erase previously drawn picture. "Marcin >poczta.onet.pl>&q...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

Drop down box values
I've been given this task to do in Excel and I need help. I have a column/list in worksheet2. The list is indexed and must stay intact as many cells in the workbook use this list. Lets say in this column I have the following information: Absorp ABSC0112 ABSC0129 ABSC0148 Cen CVAE 18 CVAE 19 CVAE 21 Wate GEVA 1/2 - 2 1/2 GEVA 3 -5 GEHA 1/2 - 2 1/2 GEHA 3 -5 Now I want to add two drop down boxes on another worksheet. Drop down box 1 would have the values: Absorp Cen Wate The list in Drop down box 2 would be dependent on what value is selected in drop down box 1 so if Absorp is selected i...

Pictures in body of email instead of as attachments
Hi How do I put pictures/graphics in the body of an email instead of it becoming an attachment Using Outlook 2003 -- Martin ���� On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:01:43 +0100, Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: >Hi >How do I put pictures/graphics in the body of an email instead of it >becoming an attachment >Using Outlook 2003 I found the answer in another thread To insert a picture as an attachment Insert-> File... To insert a picture in the body Insert-> Picture... -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net <Martin ���� @nohere.net> wrote: > How do I put pictures/graphics ...

CRM V3 adding drop downs in disqualiftying leads
we are using version 3.0 and see that in v1.2 you can add additional drop down selections to disqualifying leads, how do we do it in v3.0? thanks Settings > Customization > Customize Entities Click on the Lead to open the entity. Click on the Attributes under Lead. Find the statuscode attribute and open it. On the right of the Attribute window, there is a dropdown called State. The choices under this are Open, Qualified and Disqualified. If you select Disqualified you will see that the picklist values for this state are displayed below it. You can edit or add to them there. Hope...

Error with combobox control on standard toolbar
i have code which creates a combobox control on standard toolbar on microsoft excel. i have a bug in this code ... dono where i have gone wrong ..... hope anyone can help me with this ... Option Explicit Sub AddComboNavigation() Dim cBar As CommandBar Dim c As CommandBarComboBox Dim i As Integer =91 Set reference to standard toolbar Set cBar =3D Application.CommandBars(=93standard=94) cBar.Reset =91Add Combobox Control Set c =3D cBar.Controls.Add(msoControlComboBox, 1) With c .Clear For i =3D 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count .AddItem ThisWo...

ComboBox Values to TextBox
Hi, On my form "frmDetails", I have a ComboBox "cboProblem" and a field [RATE] The ComboBox looks up the values from the table tblProblem with 3 fields [ID] [TASK] [RATE] The 3 fields are formatted as AutoNumber, Text and Currency The ComboBox RowSource is SELECT [tblProblem].[ID], [tblProblem].[Task], [tblProblem].[Rate] FROM tblProblem; I need to select a Problem from the ComboBox and the [Rate] field automatically populate. I am using Access 2007. I have tried a few variants of the following but cannot get get the field to populate. "Me!Rate = Me!Problem.Colu...

Drop Ship Purchase Order Returns
When we try and do a return or a return with credit against a drop ship purchase order we are always blocked by an error message stating "You can't return against a Drop Ship or a Drop Ship blanket purchase order". Is there a way to work around this limitation? why is the limitation there in the first place? Thank you for your help. I too would like this to change. I guess the theory was if it's drop-shipped to your customer you don't have it on site to return. "Claude Garceau" wrote: > When we try and do a return or a return with credit against a d...

Accessing Uploads via Cable modem instead of Telephone ISP
I recently changed ISP providers from AOL (telephone) to a broadband cable provider but can't seem to find the way to get money 2002 to recognize this change. Has anyone run into this before? Do you have any suggestions how to switch from AOl to cable modem ISP. MATT What uploads are you trying to access? Money should use any available internet connection unless your bank's online banking requires a dialup connection. You might also review your connection settings in Internet Explorer to confirm that you don't have "always dial my default connection" checked. --...

get a negative percentage in brackets instead of a negative sign
I am trying to get a press release set up and I have negative percentages and need them to have a bracket around them and not a negative symblol. How is that possible using excel Format>Cells>Custom I the Tyoe box, enter 0.00%;(0.00%) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthony Beer" <ajbeer@butler.edu> wrote in message news:062b01c38391$ce9a9680$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a press release set up and I have > negative percentages and need them to have a bracket > around them and not a negative symblol. How is that > possibl...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

drop down arrow missing on pivot table when refreshed
I used this to get rid of old items in a pivot table. Sub DeleteItems() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem On Error Resume Next For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each pt In ws.PivotTables pt.RefreshTable For Each pf In pt.VisibleFields If pf.Name <> "Data" Then For Each pi In pf.PivotItems If pi.RecordCount = 0 And _ Not pi.IsCalculated Then pi.Delete End If Next End If Next Next Next end sub when refreshing the pivot table the drop down arrows on the page by fields disappear. We are runn...

Populating a drop down list.

Exel Calender drop down box 2005
Trying to set up a drop down Calender box, within a Exel Spreadsheet for 12 month period--showing months & days. Advice Please. allen,baxter@woodside.com.au Could anyone tell me how I could have excel fill in the date info for my travel expenses? I do a monthly report that I have to use at the end of the year for my taxes. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi Trevor how would you like to do it. If it's the current date you're after then the shortcut key combination of ctrl & semi-colon (;) should work. other than that a bit more information about how your ...

drop down list showing only 1 of everything
Hi everyone, basically on one sheet( called data) i have a list of all the data, the first column is the date. On a separate sheet i want to have a drop down list in the cell (A1 for example). however i want the drop down list to show only 1 of each date that was in column A of the data sheet. for example say column A had the folowing dates: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/1/04 ; 4/1/04 ; 4/1/04 the drop down list on sheet 2 would show the values: 1/1/04 ; 2/1/04 ; 3/4/04 ; 4/4/04 i need some help in doing this and would appreciate any ideas. thank you.... Hi do you need this formul...

Payees not in drop down list
My payees are not appearing in my drop down list when I enter transactons. I only have 5 payees in drop down list whereas I should have dozens. 3 of the payees in the drop down list have been deleted (merged to another payee). The auotfill is working ok. Why is this? Thanks -- Tony It appears that only those payees that have been entered in the Payee setup section appears in the drop down list. All mine ave been entered as I have entered a transaction. There must be a setting that enables all new payees entered as you go to appear in the drop down list. If not how can I make al...

How to display the value of combobox in footer section of report?
Can someone help me with this problem? I try to display choices of combobox in random order in footer section of report. Combobox has: Food, Utiliy, Beaverage, Payroll... -- Mel ...

combobox notifications
hi there i have a bit of an issue with a combobox the combobox style is "Dropdown" (so you can type in the field as well) when the user selects from the drop down, i have an ON_CBN_SELCHANGE handler update the variable associated with the combobox - i use DDX_CBString(...) now, when i call DDX_CBString, the returned string is the *old* value - and after the UpdateData() has finished and program execution resumes, the *new* text (from the dropdown selection) appears! what is going on? why, when the ON_CBN_SELCHANGE event is triggered, isn;t the selected value in the edit field o...

multiple drop down lists
i have created a drop down list. i am looking to create a sub list (or maybe 2) of this. eg when the first item is selected from drop down list one, a second subset become availiable. as an examlpe if the first list was cars and the drop down menu gave manufacturers names, the second would give models. There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html jason n z wrote: > i have created a drop down list. i am looking to create a sub list (or maybe > 2) of this. eg when the first item is selected from drop down list o...

need to know how to incorporate drop-down fields and lists
working w/ms word 2003, Designing my own webpage... want to incorporate both drop-down fields and drop-down lists, won"t let me put in the text i need??? Talk to me like i"m ten yrs. old.... new to this stuff. Thanks!!! ...

Drop-Down List #4
How do you print drop-down list? Hi, Drop-down list ( = Combo Box) should automatically be printable. Yo can check if it is by right clicking the control (or Form object) an selecting "Format control..." from the menu. There on Properties-ta you can see a check box Print object. - Asse -- Jazze ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jazzer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=446 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26414 ...