Combo show the item wrong, I need the source code user32.dll library

Hi..

I have a combo and I use the CComboBox, CListBox and CEdit classes, when the list box of a combo box is visible and I can write the characters using keyboard one by one until the acction had finished, I must see the new item in my combo but it not happens. I only see the previous value

I had analized all messages of my combo in WindowProc and I had looked that when Window is in the 0x164 message (I don't know what is the purpose or meaning, but in this case the index value is correct) and later WM_LBUTTONUP message (there are continuos) the index value of my new item change to zero (I always see the previuos item in the combo). That's why I would like to have the source code of user32.dll library because is possible to know that internal messages Window to manage

I had used the spy tool and I had had the same messages...

In other words, my combo doesn't present the new item when the list box is visible and I write the characters of an option, I  always see the previous item. But if I choose an option with the mouse everthing is ok

Obviously, the messages in each case (mouse and keyboard) are differents

I think that, when Windows manage the WM_LBUTTONUP message in the combobox is like an OK or accept or Enter when the item is wrote

Thanks for you hel

Ing. Eugenia Acuñ
Development Department
0
anonymous (74719)
5/28/2004 2:46:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dream on. You will not get Microsoft source that you can use right now. There is little
hope that we will see open source in the forseeable future.

I have done what you describe, so it is not clear why you would need Microsoft's source to
accomplish such a simple task.

I'm not sure what you are doing.

If you type something into a combobox, any text you type into it is put into the edit
control. It is not added to the combo box itself. Never has been, never will be. If you
want to add it, you simply do AddString to add the string to the combo component. The
question is when do you do the AddString. And do you allow duplicates, and is the text
case-sensitive?

Since you say "one by one until the action had finished", you leave yourself open to
several questions, all of which are of the form"What does 'finished' mean?". For that
matter,  What does "add one by one" really mean? What if I type "C", "X", backspace, "A",
"T"? How do you know when "the action has finished"? What if I type "C", "T", left-arrow,
"A"? How do you know when "the action has finished"? What if I type "C", "A", switch to my
thesaurus program, look up a synonym for "feline", and switch back, and type "T"? How do
you know when "the action has finished". That phrase suggests you have some critierion,
but in an event-driven system, it is hard to determine what that criterion would be. As
far as I know, buttons are not even involved in the process, so looking for button
messages strikes me as a waste of time.

So you really need to define better what you are trying to accomplish. But a simple
add-a-string-to-the-edit-control-then-add-it-to-the-combo is pretty trivial, once we've
established the basic interaction paradigm.
					joe

On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:46:03 -0700, "Eugenia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi...
>
>I have a combo and I use the CComboBox, CListBox and CEdit classes, when the list box of a combo box is visible and I can write the characters using keyboard one by one until the acction had finished, I must see the new item in my combo but it not happens. I only see the previous value.
>
>I had analized all messages of my combo in WindowProc and I had looked that when Window is in the 0x164 message (I don't know what is the purpose or meaning, but in this case the index value is correct) and later WM_LBUTTONUP message (there are continuos) the index value of my new item change to zero (I always see the previuos item in the combo). That's why I would like to have the source code of user32.dll library because is possible to know that internal messages Window to manage.
>
>I had used the spy tool and I had had the same messages....
>
>In other words, my combo doesn't present the new item when the list box is visible and I write the characters of an option, I  always see the previous item. But if I choose an option with the mouse everthing is ok.
>
>Obviously, the messages in each case (mouse and keyboard) are differents.
>
>I think that, when Windows manage the WM_LBUTTONUP message in the combobox is like an OK or accept or Enter when the item is wrote.
>
>Thanks for you help
>
>Ing. Eugenia Acu�a
>Development Department

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
5/28/2004 8:37:04 PM
Hi Joe..

I'm sorry for my explantion... may be it isn't enough clear

My combobox has items, and obviouly I used the AddString instruction. My combobox is alphanumeric

My problem happend when the list box has datas and I try to select one of them without mouse, in other words, when my list box is visible I can read all datas and I can choose one, so I use the keyboard (vowels and consonants) and I can type every letter of my data selected until to complete the text of my data

When you select one item in the list box, immediately you can see the new item in your combobox. In my case it situation doesn't happend. I always see the previous item but it's happend when I use the keyboard. If I use the mouse everything is ok

Eugenia

0
anonymous (74719)
5/28/2004 10:21:03 PM
I think that what you are trying to achieve can be done using CBN_EDITCHANGE
notification.

What I do (in OnEditChange.. function ) is something like

	CString		str;
	c_Box.GetWindowText ( str );
	int	nFindSel = c_Box.FindStringExact ( -1, str );
	if ( nFindSel != LB_ERR )
	{
		c_Box.SetCurSel ( nFindSel );
		c_Box.SetEditSel ( -1, 0 );
	}
	else
	{
		nFindSel = c_Box.FindString ( -1, str );
		if ( nFindSel != LB_ERR )
		{
			c_Box.SetEditSel ( str.GetLength (), -1 );
			c_Box.SetTopIndex ( nFindSel );
		}
		else
		{
		}
	}

(There is obviously more processing involved in real cases)

Eugenia wrote:
> Hi Joe...
>
> I'm sorry for my explantion... may be it isn't enough clear.
>
> My combobox has items, and obviouly I used the AddString instruction. My combobox is alphanumeric.
>
> My problem happend when the list box has datas and I try to select one of them without mouse, in other words, when my list box is visible I can read all datas and I can choose one, so I use the keyboard (vowels and consonants) and I can type every letter of my data selected until to complete the text of my data.
>
> When you select one item in the list box, immediately you can see the new item in your combobox. In my case it situation doesn't happend. I always see the previous item but it's happend when I use the keyboard. If I use the mouse everything is ok.
>

> Eugenia.

0
isemmel (236)

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

How to prevent list item selection
I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect any item that is selected. None of the obvious items I've tried worked. Any suggestions? Set the value to -1 "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23wM31jHeKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have > a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect > any item that is sel...

When i read an email in outlook, why will it not show as read?
Depends on how you configured Outlook to mark messages as read in the preview pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bingobones asked: >-----Original Message----- > >. >You have to configure this. In Outlook, go to Tools, click Options, then click the Reading tab. Click on the box that says "Tell me when all messages have been ...

How to show dialog behind parent?
This is not a big deal, but I am curious whether it is possible. I have an application that I created a modeless dialog for. It works fine, but I would like to have the dialog go behind the parent when the user clicks on the parent form. Since this is a modeless child dialog I am wondering if this is possible and if so how would I do this. Z.K. If I understand what you're trying to do I think you could make the parent of the non-modal dialog GetDesktopWindow() and then it can float anywhere, however one problem is that if it goes behind another window it may be difficult to ...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Need help finding the right function, please
The cells in Col A contain one of four values. The cells in Col D contain dates. I want to return the highest date for each of the four values. I'm having a difficult time understanding how the different look up functions work to allow me to get =(MAX(all dates in Cold D where Col A = "x")). The Help files for both LOOKUP and VLOOKUP indicate the values in the column to be searched must be sorted in ascending order. That can't happen in this sheet. I'm stuck with them as they are. A drop-kick in the right direction would be much appreciated!! Ed Try =MAX(IF(A1:A...

messages i receive show html formatting sentences not formatted ht
messages i receive show html formatting sentences not formatted html, so i get lots of html writing and a few words of plain text spaced through the message. How do I get the html formatting to operate. ...

Excel prob = Compile error cant find project or library
when i open excel 2002 on my xp pro pc it opens up with te error Compile error cant find project or library then takes me into the VB, the section it takes me to is talking bout setlanguagestrings? but when you close this screen excel works fine. any help please thanks in advance David Hi, Maybe an add-in with a programming error is bothering you. 1 Tools, Add-ins 2 note which are checked 3 uncheck all (but one) 4 restart XL 5 if no error, check the next one and repeat from step 4 Got the error? uncheck the one you last checked. Not an add-in? It will be a (hidden) workbook t...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels
Even though formatted as zip codes, I cannot get the leading zero to show in my zip codes when using Word mail merge to create address labels. Example: 04103 shows up on the label as 4103 Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm abou...

I need help uploading my site on to the internet using Microsoft .
I have no idea how to upload a site to the net, can some one help? Email @ greenday_girl97412@hotmail.com (1) We don't do personal responses. That defeats the purpose of a public newsgroup. (2) There is a group specifically for web issues - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign (3) It's going to depend on where your site is being hosted. Have you asked them any questions about how to upload files to their server? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kay_swa" <Kay_swa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52985B74-C296-4529-ADAA-A28A2994812C...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Wrong Due Date on APAYs
My APAYs show the wrong due date on the Bills Summary page. For example, a monthly mortgage payment shows the next due date being Mar 2007. A monthly car payment, with only five payments left, shows the next due date being in 2011! The next payment on the Bill Calendar is also missing -- sometimes one or more -- not necessarily related to the missing payment dates from looking at the Bill Summary. This was a problem in Money 2003 before I upgr^H^H^Hchanged to Money 2007. After I installed M2007, I did the File Repair and also the Remove All Bills Data options. This seemed to correct the p...

How to stop Outlook 2003 sp2 showing a message?
Hello How to stop Outlook 2003 sp2 showing "Are you sure you want to permanently delete all the items and subfolders in the "Deleted" folder" every time I close Outlook? Either turn off the setting to empty the Deleted Items folder on exit or = turn off the setting that prompts the user when items are deleted = permanently. Both are found in the tools | Options dialog. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Expense Item not in Budget View
Does anyone know how I can view transactions that have been entered but are not currently in my budget. The only budget views I can find are the actual budget and the budget vs spending report, but no where to view transactions that I need to put into the budget. You could let autobudget decide for you, although you might want to review it's suggestions before you do so. This is under the 'expenses' part of the budget. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq ...

Device Cannot Start (Code 10)
XP Pro on Dell XPS 630i After fruitless searches for my problem I come to this group. My Nvidia 8800 GT Card (1 year old) will not start no matter what updates I get. Still the constant "This Device Cannot Start-(Code 10)" I've pulled it out put it back in, Nanda! The lines are driving me nuts!! Any help in this matter? I've uninstalled the device, re-installed it. The card works on my other older Dell...Everything was fine until I wiped the drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Anyone else out there have this problem? -- Netmanxps Try asking them here. ...

area chart doesn't show values
hi all, in excel 2003 i have created a area chart, based on values per day. If i point the mouse on a data point, a flag will show the data and date of this value. after open in excel 2007, this will only work, if i change the chart type from area to line-graph, so do everybody know, how to show the values in an area chart? thanks and greetings from switzerland Dieter ...

Show Daily Price Change Statistice in Portfolio
Since there are many people who use MS Money Plus Deluxe might find that the Options to show the Price Change and Percentage change from previous days activities has been ELIMANATED in the latest version of Plus Deluxe. I would be interested in having this option and feature returned as an update. Since the holdings in many company profit sharing plans, IRA's and 401k don't have TICKERS, the need to compute the needed information already exists in the price histoty data downloaded from the Non Microsoft Web Site. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Outlook version of CRM is showing inactive account as well when se
We have a client who has an issue where when you are in Outlook version of Microsoft CRM and do a search on account, inactive accounts come up as well. The machine are online all the time, they are not laptops, they are just network desktop machines with Outlook Sales CRM client installed. But this doesn't happen on web version of MSCRM, web version of CRM only list active accounts when searching. Has anybody come across this before? Regards, Kyaw ...

Excel 2003
I need to know the simplest way to show the last update of a sales tracker for individual locations in the master tracker for the region that all individual spreadsheets link to. ...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

Report works but then fails when used as a Sub-Report source
Hi, sorry if this sounds too easy or stupid, I've been trying for a couple of days now to get this to work and I've read a lot on here so hopefully didn't miss anything. I have a report that basically draws fields out of a table and displays them, nothing fancy. I need it to print 8 and then page break, again no problem as a report - it works. Now the main report has 5 of these sub reports and I figured I would work with it one at a time to get it right and eliminate re-doing a lot of work. When I use the report as the sub report source there are no page breaks and the report i...

Help needed in print
hi I am displaying lot of labels and progress bars in side form view. I want to print all the label and progress bar as it looks in the form view. thanks in advance with regards Harish Harish, You might be interested in Joe Newcomber's site, here: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm#Bitmap%20series where you'll find code for screen copying and bitmap printing. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> a �crit dans le message de news:OCcSb3u5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > > I am displaying lot of labels and progress...

professional service tools library download
Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? You should be able to search for it and find it. I think it's also on the CD. If not, send me a message. You can use it with the sample company. "ano" wrote: > Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools > library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. > Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? Hi, allen. I have tried search...