CListView icons in *reverse* order with XP commctrl 6??? #2

hi there

i have a CListView derived window in my app, which i have set to Icon
Mode, and i sort my items alphabetically

now it all works fine, except when i include the manifest for using the
XP commctrl6 lib, this listview displays the icons in *revrese*
alphabetical order, and, now this is the crazy bit, they are displayed
from the bottom up!!!! ie, if without the manifest they are displayed
as:

iconA  iconB iconC
iconD iconE iconF
iconG

then they are displayed with the manifest as:

iconG
iconD iconE iconF
iconA  iconB iconC

*and*, they are placed from the *bottom* of the view window upwards,
which means there is space at the top of the view window if the number
of icons is small!

what the heck is going on??????

i am using LVS_ALIGNTOP

tia
bhu

0
bhuvidya (34)
9/6/2006 4:24:59 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you, by any chance, inserting them each with item 0 and doing it in icon
order.  That would essentially push the rest down like a top heavy stack.

Tom

"bhu Boue vidya" <bhuvidya@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> hi there
>
> i have a CListView derived window in my app, which i have set to Icon
> Mode, and i sort my items alphabetically
>
> now it all works fine, except when i include the manifest for using the
> XP commctrl6 lib, this listview displays the icons in *revrese*
> alphabetical order, and, now this is the crazy bit, they are displayed
> from the bottom up!!!! ie, if without the manifest they are displayed
> as:
>
> iconA  iconB iconC
> iconD iconE iconF
> iconG
>
> then they are displayed with the manifest as:
>
> iconG
> iconD iconE iconF
> iconA  iconB iconC
>
> *and*, they are placed from the *bottom* of the view window upwards,
> which means there is space at the top of the view window if the number
> of icons is small!
>
> what the heck is going on??????
>
> i am using LVS_ALIGNTOP
>
> tia
> bhu

0
tserface (3860)

Z-Order and modeless CDialogs
Hey there, I'm creating an dialog-based application in MFC that utilized many (or at least some) modeless dialogs. I generally display the dialogs via calls to Create and the ShowWindow(SW_SHOW). This all works fine, except in the following circumstance. If I launch the initial dialog for the application and then subsequently launch 2 more modeless dialogs (for now all the dialogs are based on the same resource, if that matters), everything works fine - I can change focus from one dialog to another. The problem is that he window ordering does not change. If I click on the 2nd dialo...

where can i find a chart wizard icon to draw graphs,cant locate.
i cant locate chart wizard icon to drwa graphs am using microsoft excel 2007 Click the Insert tab to get to the Charts group. Select a chart. If it doesn't guess your data use the Select Data on the Data group on the newly revealed Design Tab. No real wizard as such. Cheers Andy chenjerainjagusibandaevansdylanngwerume wrote: > i cant locate chart wizard icon to drwa graphs am using microsoft excel 2007 -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Trying to Hide Icons in the Tray
I have tried to adust the settings in my tray so that only a few are visible.Why would none of the settings for the tray hold. I have XP home with sp1 installed. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Jerry Yep, some icons do that. Not sure why, probably because of the way the information about the icon is send to the OS. Do none of the settings stick for any icon? You are probably better of asking this in a Windows XP newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

Why? #2
Hi, I am getting this error: Select Method of Range Class Failed When I run my macro that copies a selected range from one worksheet to another. The worksheet it is copying from has values that are linked to another workbook. My code is as follows: Range("C4:CR54").Select Selection.ClearContents Sheets("JAN06").Range("A4:AG60").Select Sheets("Jan06").Range("A4:AG60").Copy Sheets("3 Months").Range("A4:AG60").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Sheets("Feb06").Range("F4:AG60")....

Suddenly Black&White icons on mouse right-click, why?
Subject says it all, can someone comment? Not terribly important (I can liev with black & white icons), but annoyance indeed and only started recently. PLEASE PLEASE note: It does NOT affect WindowsExplorer/Filemanager icons for folders, files, etc. Those have been and are fine 100%. Just the mouse right-click, now shows weird black&white icons, icons themselves are OK, colors are not. Difficult to see quickly what to click as I used to know by color what is what..... For example right-click on empty space in Windows Explorer and select "new text Document&...

Which functions help with ease of tabulation? #2
I would like to create a spreadsheet that easily tabulates alpha-only results. I am working on a retention project for my job, and would like to track cancellation reasons, offers made, results and such. I would like to use drop-down menus so that users can select options with ease, and I would like for the spreadsheet to give numeric results based on the alpha reasons that will be selected from. I need assistance in creating the drop down menus and with getting Excel to turn alpha reasons to numeric results, if this is possible. :confused: ------------------------------------------------ ...

Micosoft Office for 2004 version 11.2.6 causes Internet Explorer not to work
Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. <mollydog1993@gmail.com> wrote: > Just updated to version 11.2.6 and now my Internet Explorer ver 5.2 no > longer starts up. Since MS no longers supports IE and you can't > uninstall ver 11.2.6, I wouldn't update at the moment. Weird... I did the update as well and IE still works just like before... Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.ne...

Supplier sort order
When you look up a supplier to assign it to an item, you can sort by supplier name. The next time you go into that supplier lookup window the sort is back to sorting by supplier ID instead of the name as was previously chosen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Login Problem #2
Seems this started yesterday afternoon or evening. I spent quite some time on hold yesterday before someone ("Anthony"??????) picked up the case. Things really got complicated because I couldn't understand what he was saying. After quite a bit of frustration for both of us, nothing was fixed and still isn't fixed and the "work around" seems to need a work around also because it doesn't work either. I did get a "promise" from Anthony that he would call back today though. I"M STILL WAITING ANTHONY! With all the geniuses working for Microsof...

Details, not icons?
Since I've obtained my Acer Netbook with XP, I'm re-learning XP's functionality, probably with more technical interest than when I first used XP. So, here's another question. When I use Windows Explorer to view folders (directories) the default is to display Icons. I invariably change the view to details. Can I make Details the default view for every folder I open? TIA, Paul Paul H wrote: > Since I've obtained my Acer Netbook with XP, I'm re-learning XP's > functionality, probably with more technical interest than when I > first used X...

Events, dear boy, events #2
Hi Bob Yes I'm certain. I'm right-clicking the worksheet tab to view th sheet's code page, then pasting the in the event code.. -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 ...

Outlook XP sends message on startup
I'm using Outlook XP, along with NAV 2003 with updated signatures. I have incoming and outgoing mail scanned by NAV. Lately when I first start Outlook the NAV mail scanner pops up and says it's scanning one outbound message, but my outbox is empty. NAV does not report a virus. Ad-Aware and Spybot do not report any spyware. Can anyone explain this? The only other unusual thing I've noticed is that I frequently recieve an email with no subject, no address and no content. My spam filters let it through every time. Thanks. mb ...

purchase orders #4
Once a purchase order is closed is there anyway to delete it if it was done so by mistake? Is there anyway to open it back up and restore inventory levels to the original and the PO be open? I guess what I am asking is whats the best way to correct POs that were closed or recieved by mistake. There's nothing built into the system to allow you to back out a received PO. You could create a transfer out that matches the PO Contents to reverse the receiving, but there's no way to automate the creation... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@t...

On my new machine I have Office XP Standard, V-2002 with no Publisher. I also own a copy of Office 2000 upgrade with Publisher. When I try to load the publisher 2000 upgrade it does not recognize the newer XP 2002 as a valid product. I also have a copy of my old Office 98 CD which I use to be able to put in the CD drive to get the 2000 verson to run, but not now. Is there a way to get my Publisher 2000 upgrade to load with Office XP short of unloading the XP? Thanks. Brigg It won't recognize the newer version as acceptable for an older upgrade. Have you tried to insert the Offi...

share mail with 2 users
How can I go about setting Outlook to make all e-mail messages received for 2 seperate users on the same computer. I am using Office XP and Windows XP and find that seperate users access the same mail account but the records stay in each users settings. Can I have all mail visible in all user accounts? ...

Can an excel XP 2003 file be exported to an Access mdb file if so how? #2
Greetings All, I have and app that will only read Access mdb files but I don't have access to "Access" is there a plugin or will excel 2003 xp save directly to an Access 2003 file format? Is there a free plugin around? TIA Tia ...

Reversing names from last, first
I am using Office 2000 on a PC. I have a list of names, addresses, email addresses, etc, on an excel spreadsheet. The names are listed as "last, first" in a single column titled "name". I would like to revise the name list to read "first (space) last" for mailings. Is there a function that can parse the character string and accomplish this, or is there a formula that can recognize the position of the comma and parse the character strings before and after the comma. I would like to do this on a global basis for the entire list. I did this sort of text...

Rich Edit #2
hi, I have a running application. When I add a "Rich Edit" to a dialog. The application exits immediately. What is the reason? thanks, Behzad 'behzad wrote: > hi, > I have a running application. When I add a "Rich Edit" to a dialog. The > application exits immediately. What is the reason? > > thanks, > Behzad > > RTFM. Note the "Caution" paragraph: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cricheditctrl.asp> -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Sort Page Tabs into Alphabetical Order ? ?
Hi All Just a quick one, is there anyway to sor Excel Pages into alphabetical order ? Any Suggestons would be great Dodge From a previous posting:- http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Sub SortALLSheets() 'modification of coded example by Bill Manville Dim iSheet As Integer, iBefore As Integer For iSheet = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count Sheets(iSheet).Visible = True For iBefore = 1 To iSheet - 1 If UCase(Sheets(iBefore).Name) > UCase(Sheets(iSheet).Name) Then ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(iSheet).Move...

Error when sending email in Outlook Express 6
The users on the system are trying to send email out from Outlook Express 6; they're able to receive and read, but when they resond/send they get the following error message: An unknown error has occurred. Subject ",Account:'mail.sitename.org', Server: 'mail.sitename.org',Protocol:SMTP,Port:25,Secure (SSL):No, Error Number:0x800CCC0B Please, can anyone help? It's been a problem for a while now and I can't seem to find anything in this regard. Thanks for all your help! Jimbo ...

number order very importnat
hello friends: guide me to the right section if it off topic; my problem that when i type 1:2 and save the file when open it on another machine word shows it as 2:1 how can i prevent this? and how can i let word show document as it written and not this view. ote: the file in arabic from right to left, but it sometimes happened also in english files. thanks url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1011-1.aspx Hello, thank you for being one of this community..Hope we ca share any useful information. _______________ Stair lifts -- Janille Hello everyone my name is Li...

CListView
Hello: Is there a way to derive a class from CListCtrl and make a CListView use that CListCtrl? Thank you, Dan No, but look at this DiLascia article which explains the possibility of using CCtrlView (in special circumstances) and gives a good alternative to CCtrlView if the special circumstances can't be met. MSDN November 2001, C++ Q&A "Understanding CControlView, Changing Scroll Bar Color in MFC Apps" http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/11/c/default.aspx "Uranium-235" <Uranium235@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1F9906-ADC...

I need to know on the structure of data of Manufacturing Order Processing

XP Home
I searched the Microsoft site to see where I can legitimize my software. Long story short - I am a Pastor of a ministry that has been donated 6 computers - however I discovered the operating systems are not legit - and I have put the systems in a corner until I can make them legal again. Since we offer the use of them free to the community I would like to get the running again however not at the expense of being illegal with them. Can someone direct me where I can contact MS to purchase licenses - I can only fine paid tech support on their site and would rather not since we are a minist...

Formatting #2
I am having major difficulties with an Excel file. The data I get comes to me in the form of a csv file which I have to convert into an Excel spreadsheet. When the file is converted I have to change the data types of the fields as I have to then turn the spreadsheet into an Access database. In one of the fields the data type I set is TEXT the first 250 records only contain numeric data and thereafter alternate between numeric and alphanumeric data. The problem that arises is that the Access database for some obscure reason rejects the alphanumeric data and only enters the numeric dat...