CListView and CListCtrl

Does the CListCtrl as used in a dialog box work exactly the same as in
CListView?
I have a CListCtrl in a CListView and it works perfectly.  In my CListCtrl
in my dialog box I have to comment out the following line in order to run my
OnGetDispinfo()

lvi.pszText = LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK

Yet I need it in my CListView to display my data.

0
w_gower (280)
10/4/2003 3:04:35 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CListView
Hello: Is there a way to derive a class from CListCtrl and make a CListView use that CListCtrl? Thank you, Dan No, but look at this DiLascia article which explains the possibility of using CCtrlView (in special circumstances) and gives a good alternative to CCtrlView if the special circumstances can't be met. MSDN November 2001, C++ Q&A "Understanding CControlView, Changing Scroll Bar Color in MFC Apps" http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/11/c/default.aspx "Uranium-235" <Uranium235@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1F9906-ADC...

MDI application and CListView
I need to create MDI application of Windows Explorer style. In generated classes I am seeing that right view in document window is CListView. I need on this place my own class derived from CListCtrl. Is possible to superseede CListView with my CMyListCtrl with some other adjustments so that it will be functional ? When I tried it , sources are buildable, but if application runs and creates new document, it stops in CMDIChildWnd::Create() , because HWND hWnd = (HWND)::SendMessage(pParentWnd->m_hWndMDIClient, WM_MDICREATE, 0, (LPARAM)&mcs); returns NULL, so document is not created. ...

Regrding CListCtrl
Hi, Iam creating a Listbox by inheriting my class from CListCtrl class and displaying multiples columns in it. On right click of listbox , I want to display the row and colunm no. Iam getting the column no through: ilitem = ((NMLISTVIEW *)pNMHDR)->iSubItem; ilitem = ((NMLISTVIEW *)pNMHDR)->iItem; and GetFirstSelected item() are giving me 0 regardless of the row in which I click. How could I retrieve the row no? Thanks in advance, vijay This is the column index > ilitem = ((NMLISTVIEW *)pNMHDR)->iSubItem; > this is the row index > ilitem = ((NMLISTVIEW *)pNMHDR)->iIt...

Sizing of CLISTCTRL boxes
I've created a CLISTCTRL using the expert. [So the sizing is in the RC file]. Then I add 4 headers, and the appropriate data. [This is with the REPORT setting]. The problem is that either the box enclosing is too small, and the last column is clipped [but visible with a scroll bar], or an EXTRA column is visible. I can play around with the sizing, and make it look right, but when another user tries running the app [with a different display resolution], things break. How do attach the right hand column to the box?? Thanks, Ihor Kinal You could figure out the exact size, but I typicall...

CListView Problem
Hello Friends, I am having problem in displaying different sizes of images and underneath them I having some text to display. My Main issue is that whenever the row is not having sufficient height then the text is being displayed as three dots (...) and whenever I select the image then It is displaying me the full text and when deselected then again three dots. I want to remove these three dots at the run time depending upon the height required by the text to be displayed. Please help. Thanks in advance. Look into owner drawn flag. That will let you override the default drawing, ...

Settem
Hi I created a report list control that initially fills the first column on all its rows and leaves the next two columns blank. Now I want to write code that will allow me to fill in the "blanks" at a variable row, column When I use SetItem (Without insert item) nothing is filled in. How do I code for this? Thanks in Advance >I created a report list control that initially fills the first column on all >its rows and leaves the next two columns blank. > >Now I want to write code that will allow me to fill in the "blanks" at a >variable row, column >When ...

Scrollbar in CListView
Hi everyone, I have a derived class from CListView. The View doesn't show the entire list, only a part of it. Now I want to insert a vertical scrollbar and manage it in person to scroll through the list. Is it possible to create a scrollbar in the derived class? How can I do it? Thanks, Steffi ...

Using CListCtrl in SDI app view
Hi guys, can anybody give a hint how I can use a customised CListCtrl in SDI application? I found a fancy CListCtrl derived class from internet and like to use it on my CListView-based view. Thanks bbg "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:1125908973.66409@drone2-svc-skyt.qsi.net.nz... > Hi guys, can anybody give a hint how I can use a customised CListCtrl in > SDI application? > I found a fancy CListCtrl derived class from internet and like to use it > on my CListView-based view. > Thanks > bbg Simple enough, open your CListView d...

CListCtrl::SetItem() fails
There is a problem with a ListCtrl when LVIF_PARAM is specified. SetItem returns NULL and the effect is visible. All columns exept the first are empty The first is filled with InsertItem(). When I specify LVIF_TEXT alone, then everything is fine. The very strange thing is that lParam seems to be always valid, whether LVIF_PARAM is specified or not. I've traced it again and again, nothing. Any ideas, somebody? It's Win 2k. TIA, Hans Sorry, I forgot to post the code. c_Blocks is the DDX_Control of the CListCtrl. void CHeapPropPage::WalkHeap() { CString str; char buf[20]; _HEAPI...

How do I edit a CListView?
Hi How do I edit a CListView? But, I want to edit all colums. My code is: BOOL CHorarioView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.style|=LVS_REPORT; cs.style|=LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS; return CListView::PreCreateWindow(cs); } void CHorarioView::OnInitialUpdate() { CListView::OnInitialUpdate(); CListCtrl& theCtrl = GetListCtrl(); // Insert a column. This override is the most convenient. theCtrl.InsertColumn(0, _T("a"), LVCFMT_RIGHT); theCtrl.InsertColumn(1, _T("b"), LVCFMT_RIGHT); theCtrl.InsertColumn(2, _T("c"), LVCFMT_RIGHT); theCtrl...

CListView icons in *reverse* order with XP commctrl 6???
hi there i have a CListView derived window in my app, which i have set to Icon Mode, and i sort my items alphabetically now it all works fine, except when i include the manifest for using the XP commctrl6 lib, this listview displays the icons in *revrese* alphabetical order, and, now this is the crazy bit, they are displayed from the bottom up!!!! ie, if without the manifest they are displayed as: iconA iconB iconC iconD iconE iconF iconG then they are displayed with the manifest as: iconG iconD iconE iconF iconA iconB iconC *and*, they are placed from the *bottom* of the view window u...

owner draw CListView from CListCtrl
Hello all, I created an owner draw CListCtrl-derived class which, among other things, overrides MeasureItem(). The control works fine and the size of the rows is set properly. I then created a CView-derived class which encapsulates the control ( see code below ). Unlike the control class, the view class has problems--even though MeasureItem() is called properly (I stepped through the code) and places the right size in the MEASUREITEMSTRUCT, the size of the subitem rectangles I get with GetSubItemRect() do not reflect the size specified in MeasureItem(). All the rest of the custom drawing see...

How to Make CListCtrl Not Show Contents While Resizing Column
Hi, I have a CListCtrl with a subclassed CHeaderCtrl, and I want the CListCtrl to not show contents while resizing columns. From what I read, this is controlled by the HDS_FULLDRAG parameter in CHeaderCtrl, which I never set. So, I tried CHeaderCtrl::ModifyStyle to turn this off in both the original and subclassed versions, but to no avail. Here's my code from the OnCreate member of a subclassed CListCtrl: CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetHeaderCtrl(); pHeaderCtrl->ModifyStyle(0, HDS_FULLDRAG); m_pNewHeaderCtrl = new CMyHeaderCtrl(); m_pNewHeaderCtrl->SubclassDlgItem(pH...

CListView + grouping + tiling = ????
does anyone have an example/sample of using grouping and tiling in a Clistvew ? I'm buggered if i can get it to work. TIA bg ...

Problem with CListView #2
Hello, I tried to create a simple program which uses CListView in report mode. I have added columns and items, and yet when I run the program I cant see any of these objects (columns or items). All I see is a menu and a completely empty view. Any suggestions? "Doron" <doronya1@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:cfdmtv$dbu$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > Hello, > I tried to create a simple program which uses CListView in report mode. I > have added columns and items, and yet when I run the program I cant see any > of these objects (columns or items). All I se...

using the CListView
I decided to not try to use the CListCtrl directly in the splitter pane, but instead go with CListView. As I understand it, CListView is something of a container for CListCtrl. But I am unsure as to how this works. Do I need to add CListCtrl objects to the CView? If so, how do I do this? What methods do I need to override, etc.? Thanks, Chris "Chris" <ijkdc@spamhater.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eOpgIc0oEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I decided to not try to use the CListCtrl directly in the splitter pane, but > instead go with CListView. As I underst...

CListView in CDialog
How can I put a CListView into a CDialog? (I don't know if it is possible) thx "Leesei" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23YmURNkKFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How can I put a CListView into a CDialog? > (I don't know if it is possible) > thx Maybe this article... http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] You can do it but whats wrong in using CListCtrl? ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Well...I'm not sure. I'm quite new to this. I'm writing a browser that display the file in a fol...

Need some answers regarding CListCtrl and LVS_OWNERDATA style (advanced)
Hi, I have created my own version of a CListView class where the embedded listctrl has the LVS_OWNERDATA style. I understand how to implement this style and have no problems creating / using this, apart from the fact it is SLOW!!! Below is what I am doing in the LVN_GETDISPINFO handler:- void CNewTharFrontView::OnGetdispinfoList(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { NMLVDISPINFO* pDispInfo = (NMLVDISPINFO*)pNMHDR; if(pDispInfo->item.mask & LVIF_TEXT) { GetItemText(pDispInfo->item.iItem, pDispInfo->item.iSubItem); strcpy(pDispInfo->item.pszText, m_sGetText); ...

Using HitTesting CListView
Hi, I have a CListCtrl which I have used to emulate a grid. I have several columns and rows but I need to be able to click on any particular row and column and find out which row and column I have selected. I have tried to use the following but doesn't seem to work void CListViewView::OnDblclkList(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here DWORD dwPos = ::GetMessagePos (); CPoint point ((int) LOWORD (dwPos), (int) HIWORD (dwPos)); m_List.ScreenToClient(&point); int nIndex; if ((nIndex = m_List.HitTest(point)) != -1)...

CListView and adding items
Hello, I have a CListView which I have set to be in report view. The problem I am having is that I cannot add any items to it using InsertItem. It returns 0 which appears to be correct, but nothing appears. I have tried invalidating etc. Any ideas? Simon Jefferies jefferies_simon@hotmail.com I think you have a problem with the CListCtrl object. try a following sample: // this code only works for a report-mode list view ASSERT(GetStyle() & LVS_REPORT); // Gain a reference to the list control itself CListCtrl& theCtrl = GetListCtrl(); // Insert a column. This overri...

Problem with CListView
I am using Windows XP and Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5. When I create a class that inherits from CListView in my project, I get a compile error that says that CListView is undefined. If I create a project and make the main View inherit from CListView, the project compiles fine. It is only when I create a class in ClassWizard that I have a problem. If I create a project with the main view inheriting from CListView and then try to import that class into my project, I still get the undefined error. Any suggestions? StdAfx.h needs an include that defines the CListView base class... #include &...

Displaying MultiLine tooltips in CListCtrl anyone?
Anyone know how to implement multiline tooltips for a ListCtrl? -- thanks PM Perhaps you could use info from these articles: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/9b53825a49fe1c3d/722d4db788ae470d?lnk=st&q=multiline+tooltips+listctrl+mfc&rnum=3&hl=en#722d4db788ae470d http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ToolTipEx.asp Tom "CalifBoy" <CalifBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86314F63-4414-41D8-918A-DDE8AEB94144@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to implement multiline tooltips for a ListCtrl? > > ...

Sorting a CListView
When I add a handler to the LVN_COLUMNCLICK event to create OnLvnColumnclick(...) procedure my code doesn't compile anymore. it says... CListViewEx 'class' type redefinition any ideas? Chris Baker wrote: > When I add a handler to the LVN_COLUMNCLICK event to create > OnLvnColumnclick(...) procedure my code doesn't compile anymore. > > it says... > > CListViewEx 'class' type redefinition > > any ideas? Look at your includes. The wizard likes to throw in a new one for you. Kinda dumb in my opinion. You'll find something like: #i...

Problem in ClistCtrl:: SortItems
Hi, I have a ClistCtrl object which has one of the column having checkbox (CImagList variable). I am facing a strange problem when I am trying to call SortItem(...) on any one of the column. What it does it automatically updates the checkbox as checked (True). So; even the items are unselected it is showing selected. I suspect this is caused when I call SetItemData() for one of the column elements. So that It can be used for SortItem(..) call. Please suggest .... Regards, Abhijit I can't reproduce this problem. Are you using the Item Data to keep track of the checkboxs? AliR. <...

CListView and LVN_GETDISPINFO
Hello, I'm using LVN_GETDISPINFO to obtain the items on my CListView as they are displayed. This is a multi-column list. However, the callback function does not get called for subitem 0, so the first column is left empty. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem--or is this by design? Any workarounds? Thanks, Silvio ...