CListCtrl: Selection modification

I am using CListCtrl within CListView. The first column of the list
contains an image and text. I would like to have selection (blue one)
such that it spans only the text leaving the image out (similar to what
it does what the list view is not focused). Any ideas on how to do it?
If the need be, I can split the first column into separate image and
text columns.

Thanks.

0
jnahar (1)
7/29/2005 6:26:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Select whose birthday is in a certain month
Hello, How can we make a parameter query to know whose birthdays are in March for example. What is the VBA in the form query. In this forum it is explain to filter from start date and end date, but what we need is to select birthday by month. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang See the following sample database: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Birthday2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CAA42C71-06A5-4157-87DD-529C40A2C94F@...

Mouse move selection
A Windows interface question, here for want of finding anywhere better: (In eg an MDI document) when you hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse, it creates a selected area. When you move the mouse outside the client area it scrolls the window to increase the area. The scrolling is faster (within limits) as the mouse goes further away from the client area. This is a standard Windows interface. Problem: if a document has (eg) a very large horizontal extent, and the window and its parent are maximised, then effectively there is no "outside area" to enable one to a...

Selective Column deletion #2
Hi, I'm not real familiar with writing code in Excel, so my question is probably fairly simple. I'm working with Census data and before importing it into SAS I want to clean it up a bit in Excel. The problem is that the Census summary tables give me three columns of information (an upper, lower, and estimate), when I only need one (estimate). The matrices I work with a usually in the 52x2000 range, so it gets very tedious to delete them by hand. Can excel handle a 'delete if' or 'select if, then delete' type of command. something like: delete if (column(contains(uppe...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

CListCtrl Header height change??
CListCtrl Header height change?? Is it possible to change the height of a CListCtrl Header.? Thanks Markus ...

summarizing selected data on a grid
I have a grid that I use to define attributes. I want to summarize only the selected "types" (i'm just using "x" to select on my grid). For example, by taking: A B C Type1 x Type2 x x Type3 x Type4 x x Type5 x x I want to output: A Type1 Type2 Type5 With similar output's for B & C. I could do it with if statements, but it's a pretty big grid, so I have a lot of blank rows. Is there a better way? Thanks. Hi! Have a look at your post: I suspect it has not reproduced as yo intended. The table of x's doesn't seem to match the scri...

Print Selection in Word
Attempts to print a highlighted area via print "Selection" fails when that area includes a "Heading" Style along with a "Normal" style. No error, the print job is just not created. Seen in Word 2003 and 2007. Thanks in advance. Try updating the printer driver. Simply reinstalling the driver would also be worth trying. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dkt" <dkt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8CECF80-1D2D-4911-AA51-AADF78FB4FFE@microsoft.com... > Attempts to print a highlighted area via print "S...

Account not selected when coverting leads
There are 3 options to chose when converting a lead - account, contact and opportunity. If you do not select the account, can you do so at another time? Is there any way to create the account after converting if it was not selected? The Opportunity has to be linked to a particular account as it is a required field in Opportunity. The best thing to do is to create a default account and call it "None" or anything you like and get the users to set the opportunities that has no accounts when creating the opportunities to it as a temp account then insert the correct info in the...

Selected/Unselected Filter on User Security Child Windows GP10
In GP 10 the child windows within the Security Task Setup and Security Role Setup windows might be a little more user friendly if they had a filter for those items that are selected or not selected. Just a suggestion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl problem
I use create a single document struct using MFC(explore style).The left of the window is CLeftView class(which inherit CTreeView).The right is CBrowserView which inherit CListView.I want to display the content of a directory in the right(CListview) when user click the item of the ctreectrl. In the LeftViw I add method "void CLeftView::OnClickItem (NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)" because I want to know which item be clicked by user. ////////////////Leftview////////////////////// CTreeCtrl& mtree=GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM item=mtree.GetSelectedItem(); data=mtree.GetItemDat...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

Selecting or deleting data
Hi all Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether to select o delete data. Eg; A1 = xxx A2 = yyy A3 = zzz & C1 = (Nothing) C2 = (Nothing) C3 = zzz The results in E1,2 & 3 should have data in A1 and A2 but not A3 or C because Column C is for cancelled items and if it data in this colum matches then they should cancel each other out. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try in E1: =IF(A1=C1,"",A1) and copy this down >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether...

nested select problem
Dim a As Double Dim b As Double Dim c As Double a = 36.8 b = 44 select case a case 36.6 to 37 MsgBox "???" Select Case b Case 42 To 43 c = 26 MsgBox "hmm"'<<<<< this shud be shown as this is the point but it isnt giving me this msgbox :S :S Case 44 To 45 c = 26.5 Case Else End Select End Select what am i doing wrong? On 9/2/2010 8:24 PM, Sabbir Ahmad wrote: > Dim a As Double > Dim b As Double > Dim c As Double > a = 36.8 > b = 44 > select case a > case 36...

Filegroup restore used to selectively refresh filegroup in 2nd db.
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence uses the last full, last diff', and tlog from TestDB1 but this doesn't work? Why? Is there a way to do this in SQL 2K8? Thx. -CqlBoy Message applying full backup: >Processed 16 pages for database 'FGTestRestore', file 'FGTest_fg2' ...

How to add clistctrl into clistctrl?
How to clistctrl into a clistctrl? For example like adding checkbox , combobox, i want to add clistctrl into a clistctrl ...

Limit selected recipients to receive mail from only known addresses??
I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. Is this possible with Ex2k3 Thanks in advance Mike Mike B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to block all mail messages from Internet senders except for those from a list of known good ones (local are allowed to communicate) on a per-user basis. >Is this possible with Ex2k3? Not exactly in the way you describe. You can use the Active Directory as the source of valid SMTP addressses, and yo...

query return a randomly selected subset of records
Hello, I want to retrieve 10% of the records in a table, but want them to also be randomly selected. In other words, I want to randomly subsample a group of records. Does anybody know how this can be done, either in SQL or VBA? Thank you very much. This question would have been more appropriate in the MS Access Queries NG. You can select the TOP 10 PERCENT of the records ordered by the RND() function like: SELECT TOP 10 PERCENT Rnd([OrderID]) AS Expr1, Orders.* FROM Orders ORDER BY Rnd([OrderID]); -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "BayDeltaDev" wrote: > Hello, &g...

Select distinct e-mail adresses
I want to extract some data from 2 tables One of the tables contains an email address. I want the query narrow down so that a single email address is only output once. What SQL statement can I use to get this result. e.g. data contains Field1 Field 2 Field3 EMAIL a c w2 test@test.com a d w1 test@test.com a c w5 test2@address.com I only want to output a c w2 test@test.com OR a d w1 test@test.com a c w5 test2@address.com -- Thanks in advance Hans Hans, How about something like this? SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3, EMAIL FROM (SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (Par...

"ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select" for filtered cells?
Is there something that works on visible, filtered cells like "ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select" works on visible, unfiltered ones? What I mean is the have cursor movement happening to what is visible yet that works when the cells are not filtered? Here's hoping. I thought everything was working right and tight till I saw that these types of things aren't working on my filtered sheet? <g> Thanks. Range("A1:A10").Specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Star...

List those which are selected
I have 40 item names in column A. Column B,C,D are for entering qty. (max.) 1 for items in A. Column B, C & D cells are validated such that not more than 6 items ca be selected per columns B, C & D (so, total max. 18)These 6 can be an out of the 40 items. in cells 41st to 46th of columns B, C & D, I need to list the names o those 6 selected, but 1 in each cell one below the other. What is the formula for this? A-----------B---------C----------D Item1-----1---------1----------1 Item2-----0---------1----------0 Item3-----1---------0----------0 and so on Result-----Item1---Item1----I...

When "Save As" is selected
Okay....if a user selects "Save As" from the menu, I would like to display a message that states "Save As is disabled!" I pretty much want to prevent the "Save As" menu option from being selected. Is this gonna be possible??? thank you everyone Robert, Try this, Alt+F11 to open VB editor and double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code in on the right Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If SaveAsUI Then MsgBox "Save As isn't allowed" Cancel = True End If End Sub Mike ...

Multi-view selections in one chart.
Here is my goal... I would like to be able to select a pull down with sorta lookup of e.g A, B, C, etc. program which reside on differen tabs and be able to select program A and the chart shows stats for A Next go to pull down and select B to see B's stats and so on. All whic will show up on one chart. I would also like to be able to have selection to show all A, B and C in one image on the chart as summary. I am not strong at VB but understand code. I have created summary and each individual chart as needed but would like it to rollu into one chart. Any ideas?? :eek ------------...

Indicating selected cell
I have a worksheet set up with borders around the cells and when the cell is selected, it just shows a thin double line around 3 sides of the cell selected so it is hard to tell which cell is selected. Is there a way to shade or display the selected cell in a different color? LGuest, Try this out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm John "LGuest" <LGBeach8@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:142201c3e031$0047f140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet set up with borders around the cells > and when the cell is selected, it just shows a thin double > lin...

CListCtrl::InsertItem strange behaviour?
Hi everyone, I have a dialog with a couple of ListCtrl on it. I'm filling them up with information when the dialog initializes. Therefore i have two loops, one for each ListCtrl, on both loops I use the same function to insert the items: myListCtrl1.InsertItem(0, anyString); --- myListCtrl2.InsertItem(0, anyString); The weird thing is : the first loop InsertItem is always inserting the Item on the first position (InsertItem returns a 0 always); displacing the previous inserted item. BUT, the second loop InsertItem is always inserting the item on the last position (InsertItem retu...