CListCtrl questions

Hi,

I am developping on Pocket pc and smartphone and I have a few questions
about CListCtrl in report mode.
First how can I know how many items I can display without having a
vertical scrollbar?

On smartphone we are using keypad to move, so first time when I
press down key, the curent selection doesn't move.It's only the second
time I press the key that is starts to move. First I thought it was a
focus problem but even with the focus, it still the same.
I also tried to select the first line first with a setitemstate but same
result.any idea ?

Last question is once a clistctrl has a focus and there is a scrollbar
how can  move the scrollbar when I press VK_DOWN or VK_UP instead of
selecting each item on the list ?
0
richom.v (84)
3/1/2007 11:29:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Text Question
Hello All, Using Excel XP. Is it possible to have certain letters in a text string be moved to a colum of their own? For example I have several rows of text: A ---------------------- 1 FH 2 XH 3 FHT 4 XT 5 FT What I want to do is to move the individual letters in each row into its own colum, an F would always go into its own column, X would go into its own column, H would got into his own column and T would go into its own column. The sequence of letters into their own column will alaways be in this order: F-X-H-T. Every row may have some o...

Resource dll question...
Hi there, I'm separating my project out into the main code and a resource dll. I've now got it so that when I build the debug solution it will build the following. MainExe - Debug ResourceDll - Debug French I intend to bundle all the languages into a single resourcedll, and build separate dlls from there depending on the build configuration ( E.g. MainExeFRA.dll) When I add another project config (E.g. Debug German) building the Debug solution will only build the existing Debug French. What I would like is that when I select to build the debug solution, it will build... Ma...

CListCtrl Header height change??
CListCtrl Header height change?? Is it possible to change the height of a CListCtrl Header.? Thanks Markus ...

relates to previous question regarding memberships cards and intia
Hi,before i start my next question i would just liek to say thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier quetions it is much appreciated,the next question i have is related to the question regarding the membership cards i wanted to create.I made the query as told and it works great! Left([FirstName],1) but how do i get the query to run when opening the report to display the bales ?? thanks On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:49:03 -0800, newuser <newuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,before i start my next question i would just liek to say thanks to >everyone who replied ...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl problem
I use create a single document struct using MFC(explore style).The left of the window is CLeftView class(which inherit CTreeView).The right is CBrowserView which inherit CListView.I want to display the content of a directory in the right(CListview) when user click the item of the ctreectrl. In the LeftViw I add method "void CLeftView::OnClickItem (NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)" because I want to know which item be clicked by user. ////////////////Leftview////////////////////// CTreeCtrl& mtree=GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM item=mtree.GetSelectedItem(); data=mtree.GetItemDat...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Mail merge question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C81A17.BAB51A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been reading about mail merge, setting up postcards, etc. I remember doing this when I did the tutorials in Publisher 2000, but = still not sure about it (I've never had to actually use it, but have a = few ideas about using it for postcards for people I have made flyers = for) What is the best program to make the mailing list in? I now have 2007 = and have Word (I know enough about to...

RS 2008 Charts Question
I am using RS2005 moving to RS2008 shortly. My question is: in RS2008 if you build a bar graph chart, can you click on one of the bars and display the data that makes up that bar? I know you can do this in Report Builder but is this funcionality available outside of Report Builder? ...

newfish's question:HOW TO make a sniffer using winsocket in vc++6.0 ?
Hey all, I need a sample about sniffer .any one could help me? please...~~ What do you mean by "a sniffer"? I have an idea what this kind of program does so perhaps it's more appropriate to ask what you are trying to sniff? Tom "feizx" <feizx@126.com> wrote in message news:uve3p3xjHHA.1776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hey all, > I need a sample about sniffer .any one could help me? please...~~ > WireShark (formerly known as Ethereal) is an open source packet sniffer. Start there. joe On Sat, 5 May 2007 22:01:41 +0800, "feizx" <...

Follow up to Calculated Field question .....
The syntax worked fine for that. Now I'm wondering two more things ... In one of the tables I have multiple identical room numbers that I need to combine in this calculated field to determine a price for each room. Plus, I also need to determine a number for income generated based upon the number of days the romm is rented. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks ...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

Permissions and Roles question
This may be a Reporting services question, sorry if wrong NG. I created a number of roles in Active Directory to limit access to reports in the Management Portal for Job X. Initially, I created a role for each report and then added groups to those roles. After getting this all set, I determined that it would probably be a better idea to set up more general report roles that could encompass groups of reports rather than individual reports. I deleted most of the original roles I created and created new roles to serve this new structure. Now, when I hit AD for a list of groups to se...

How to add clistctrl into clistctrl?
How to clistctrl into a clistctrl? For example like adding checkbox , combobox, i want to add clistctrl into a clistctrl ...

PST on Network Question
We have Exchange 2003. We have a lot of users (school district staff and students), so we have strict limits on the mailbox size. For many years we have been telling users to save their messages to their PST files (which is on their network drive). Now we've come across some documentation that suggests that is a BAD idea. What do others use for managing mail and keeping the size of the mailbox low? Where do you store messages/attachments? How easy is it for the non-technical users? Thanks for any and all suggestions. -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support &...

Questions
how do i change from microsft exchange to pop3 in outlook 2007. The program wont stay open to use the tool menu. it tells me its not connected and closes out the window. "krzatchok" <krzatchok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1749B22A-69E3-430A-9032-CD73005440E2@microsoft.com... > how do i change from microsft exchange to pop3 in outlook 2007. The program > wont stay open to use the tool menu. it tells me its not connected and > closes > out the window. Use the Mail applet in Control Panel. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Question about budget accounts...
Hello again all, I have 4 credit card accounts. 1 checking account that everything gets paid from and 1 savings account. These are all listed under what accounts I would like to select as budget accounts. should I select all of these accounts as budget accounts? Currently, I only have the checking and savings accounts checked off but that doesn't seem right to me. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, it's Money 2005 Deluxe. Thanks, Steve On 2005-01-20, Steve Thompson <stthomp@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have 4 credit card accounts. 1 checking account that everything ge...

Question about ::MoveEx()
Hello. The LineTo function calls ::MoveEx(), but I have not been able to locate this function. What I'm trying to locate is the function that actually does all of the grunt work in drawing the line. This might be in assembly language or I don't know what but I'd like to see it. One of the main reasons I went to MFC was because of the lack of graphics in the standard C++ library. I'm doing C++ again, and once more I'm stuck on graphics, and am unable to do any drawing at all with other than asci characters. I know there's third party libraries out there, in addition to M...

Gathering open-ended question text into one sheet
I have an Excel file with data from 60 or so respondents to a questionaire. I have all my raw data on one worksheet. On another worksheet I have totals for the various questions broken out in various ways. I would like to create another worksheet that lists the answers to an open-ended question at the end of the questionaire. Less than half of the people responding wrote comments so I don't want to include blanks. I'd like to have a consolidated list of the comments in a tidy, separate sheet. As yet, I've been unable to figure out how to do this. Any help would be app...

A newbie question: LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
I am just learning MFC. I have VC6++. I have a program that is a Document/View and in a RichEdit control. It is an SDI. The one error I have is Linking... replace.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL m_richEditSSL" (?m_richEditSSL@@3VCHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL@@A)" This is the situation. replace.cpp is a Find/Replace dialogue. I am using extern CHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL m_richEditSSL; In HtmlRichEditViewSSL.h I have public: CHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL m_richEditSSL; In HtmlRichEditViewSSL.cpp void CHtmlRich...

autonumbering question
hi all, I have office 2007. Im using access. I have two colums of numbers, the first, column 1 is for a context number, and i enter it by setting a value manually in design view i.e. 140. i want to enter a list of items numbered 1 to 50 in the second column, column 2. when i use auto number it lists the sequence but when i change the value in column 1 for the next context i.e. 142... the numbers contuinue in colum 2 i.e. 51 52 53 but i want them to start again at 1 2 3 etc... how do i do this? any help is greatly appreciated well - as you have found, you can't use Autonu...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

CTE question
I just started using CTEs and I thought that it was really just a restatement of a derived table: with MyCTE(x) as ( select x='hello' ) select x from MyCTE Could be rewritten as a derived table: select x from ( select x = 'hello' ) a But then looking at this one: with MyCTE(x) as ( select top 10 x = id from sysobjects ) select x, maxx = (select max(x) from MyCTE), pct = 100.0 * x / (select sum(x) from MyCTE) from MyCTE I can't restate like so: select x, maxx = (select max(x) from MyCTE), pct = 100.0 * x / (select...

IIF statement question
How do I write an IIF statement if I want to exclude rows where there are dates. There are 3 date fields. If one of the date fields is Not Blank then do not print report. If all fields are Null then print report. Would a simple "IsNull" in each field in my query suffice? Seems to me it would take less time to test "Would a simple "IsNull" in each field in my query suffice?" than to post a question. If you can't test this on your own, reply back. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "TotallyConfused" wrote: > How do I write an IIF st...

Chart Question #3
is it possible to create a chart, skipping columns or rows I need to creat a chart using data from every other column and another using data from about every 5th row Any help appreciated David Hopper I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the best way to do this (assuming you don't want to delete the in between data, and resort the columns somehow) would be to create a macro that copies the data you want into the right format (probably on another sheet) and make the chart from there. Something along the lines of: sub MyCopy() dim NewSheet as worksheet dim OldSheet as w...