CListCtrl large icons and text problem

Hi,

I have a simple thumbnail view control based on CListCtrl and description of
each item is a 3-line text. Unfortunately  CListCtrl shows only two first
lines, and the third one is visible only for selected item. How can I show 3
lines of text for all items ?
How can I increase label width ?

Thanks in advance,
Kamil

0
kamildobk (41)
1/22/2004 8:55:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Karmil,

Here is a control that might do what you'd like.

Tom

http://www.codeguru.com/listview/ReportCtrl.shtml

"kamil" <kamildobk@xxxpoczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple thumbnail view control based on CListCtrl and description
of
> each item is a 3-line text. Unfortunately  CListCtrl shows only two first
> lines, and the third one is visible only for selected item. How can I show
3
> lines of text for all items ?
> How can I increase label width ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kamil

0
tserface (3861)

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

Simple worksheet becomes large and slow
I use 2 simple worksheets daily. They contain little data and should be less than 50k. I change them by copying data from various other spreadsheets into them, then saving or saving as with a new name. Some of these spreadsheets for some reason become very large (1.5mb or more) and moving from cell to cell becomes very slow. Copying from those spreadsheets to new sheets can take up to 30 seconds for a single cell to copy. There is nothing complex in any of them, just text, some multiplication and sum. The sheets eventually become so slow that the only way I can work with them is b...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Excel problem #3

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

form and query problem. please help.

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

Help ! formatting data to text

Hidden log on problem
On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my admin account uses (ctrl alt del) x2. All is fine until it goes into standby when I am in admin. Then on wake up the welcome screen comes back, but (ctrl alt del) x2 does nothing. I can't see a way to get back into my account without rebooting. Is there another way (opening one of the other accounts is as slow as rebooting)? Cheers, S On Mar 30, 9:26=A0am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my a...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.
Hi! I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product: ?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example). This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this example which is 13.2 ounces) I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the string above and then paste those modified contents back into t...

Help replacing text with Yes or No
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field is blank I want to replace it with No. any help is appreciated. -- Jerry Save your data and use a copy for this exercize........... Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........ =IF(A1=1,"Yes","No") Then highlight the column and do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jerry Arnone, ...