CListCtrl Item Selection Questions

Hi I want to ask several things about CListCtrl here:

1. How to disable multiple item selection?

2. How to disable the column header click? Since I don't have any sorting
facility in my application.

Thank you very much.

0
landon (165)
4/24/2008 5:58:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Select the ListCtrl object in resource editor and set the following
properties

    Single Selection            True
    No Sort Header            True

Cheers
Check Abdoul
---------------------

"Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I want to ask several things about CListCtrl here:
>

> 1. How to disable multiple item selection?
>
> 2. How to disable the column header click? Since I don't have any sorting
> facility in my application.
>

> Thank you very much.

0
Check
4/24/2008 6:42:49 AM
Oops, sorry Check.  Didn't realize OP had asked the same question twice and
I didn't mean to add the same answer :o)

Tom

"Check Abdoul" <check abdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
> Select the ListCtrl object in resource editor and set the following
> properties
>
>    Single Selection            True
>    No Sort Header            True
>

> Cheers
> Check Abdoul
> ---------------------
>

> "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi I want to ask several things about CListCtrl here:
>>

>> 1. How to disable multiple item selection?
>>
>> 2. How to disable the column header click? Since I don't have any sorting
>> facility in my application.
>>

>> Thank you very much.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
4/24/2008 1:21:40 PM
    Dont be. The more answers, the merrier :-)

Cheers
Check Abdoul
---------------------

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> Oops, sorry Check.  Didn't realize OP had asked the same question twice
> and I didn't mean to add the same answer :o)
>
> Tom
>
> "Check Abdoul" <check abdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
>> Select the ListCtrl object in resource editor and set the following
>> properties
>>
>>    Single Selection            True
>>    No Sort Header            True
>>

>> Cheers
>> Check Abdoul
>> ---------------------
>>

>> "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi I want to ask several things about CListCtrl here:
>>>

>>> 1. How to disable multiple item selection?
>>>
>>> 2. How to disable the column header click? Since I don't have any
>>> sorting
>>> facility in my application.
>>>

>>> Thank you very much.

0
Check

Question about file drag & drop operation of the file explorer
My application supports file drag & drop operations. I can drag the files of my application to the file explorer to copy files. I can also drag the files from the file explorer to my application. But I find something strange about the file explorer. The original files are not deleted when I drag the files from the file explorer with DROPEFFECT_MOVE. According to drag&drop document, the drop source should delete the source data if the drop effect is DROPEFFECT_MOVE. Is there anything I need to check? Best Regards Jackal Huang You are right! I don't set CFSTR_PERFORMEDDROPEFFEC...

Item Duplicates
Occasionally we have encountered a problem with an item being sold, then showing up on the Z report as not having been paid . Looking at all the receipts one by one for the day, and matching them with the visa/interact/mastercard receipts, we can find a receipt that shows an item being seemingly duplicated on the customers receipt. This duplication doesn't show up at the time of the transaction So somewhere between the customer's transaction and the evening close off and the z report being produced the item gets duplicated, and shows up on the file report of the customer rece...

Select whose birthday is in a certain month
Hello, How can we make a parameter query to know whose birthdays are in March for example. What is the VBA in the form query. In this forum it is explain to filter from start date and end date, but what we need is to select birthday by month. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang See the following sample database: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Birthday2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CAA42C71-06A5-4157-87DD-529C40A2C94F@...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

Can't Delete, Can't move items and can't send/receive
My outlook had to be terminated due to a hangup. When I restarted outlook, it had to rebuild the database. After this occured, when I try to erace an e-mail, I get in error message stating "messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem presists, restart Outlook." When I try to move an e-mail I get an error message stating "Can't Move Item". When my outlook does a send and receive I get the following error message "Unkown Error 0x8004060C". Can anyone help?!?!?! ...

CListCtrl Header height change??
CListCtrl Header height change?? Is it possible to change the height of a CListCtrl Header.? Thanks Markus ...

summarizing selected data on a grid
I have a grid that I use to define attributes. I want to summarize only the selected "types" (i'm just using "x" to select on my grid). For example, by taking: A B C Type1 x Type2 x x Type3 x Type4 x x Type5 x x I want to output: A Type1 Type2 Type5 With similar output's for B & C. I could do it with if statements, but it's a pretty big grid, so I have a lot of blank rows. Is there a better way? Thanks. Hi! Have a look at your post: I suspect it has not reproduced as yo intended. The table of x's doesn't seem to match the scri...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Mail merge question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C81A17.BAB51A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been reading about mail merge, setting up postcards, etc. I remember doing this when I did the tutorials in Publisher 2000, but = still not sure about it (I've never had to actually use it, but have a = few ideas about using it for postcards for people I have made flyers = for) What is the best program to make the mailing list in? I now have 2007 = and have Word (I know enough about to...

where do yu keep certain items
what would you do with item that you want to keep in your item list and want to keep them active but dont want them to show up in the purchase order. I know that there is a don't put on purchase order button in the options menu. But can you access that in a special report and how do you do that. thank you ...

Selected/Unselected Filter on User Security Child Windows GP10
In GP 10 the child windows within the Security Task Setup and Security Role Setup windows might be a little more user friendly if they had a filter for those items that are selected or not selected. Just a suggestion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

relates to previous question regarding memberships cards and intia
Hi,before i start my next question i would just liek to say thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier quetions it is much appreciated,the next question i have is related to the question regarding the membership cards i wanted to create.I made the query as told and it works great! Left([FirstName],1) but how do i get the query to run when opening the report to display the bales ?? thanks On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:49:03 -0800, newuser <newuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi,before i start my next question i would just liek to say thanks to >everyone who replied ...

CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl problem
I use create a single document struct using MFC(explore style).The left of the window is CLeftView class(which inherit CTreeView).The right is CBrowserView which inherit CListView.I want to display the content of a directory in the right(CListview) when user click the item of the ctreectrl. In the LeftViw I add method "void CLeftView::OnClickItem (NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)" because I want to know which item be clicked by user. ////////////////Leftview////////////////////// CTreeCtrl& mtree=GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM item=mtree.GetSelectedItem(); data=mtree.GetItemDat...

Follow up to Calculated Field question .....
The syntax worked fine for that. Now I'm wondering two more things ... In one of the tables I have multiple identical room numbers that I need to combine in this calculated field to determine a price for each room. Plus, I also need to determine a number for income generated based upon the number of days the romm is rented. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks ...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

Sent Items folder missing from Archive in Outlook 2007
Has anybody ever seen this? All of my folders appear to be archiving correctly except for my Sent Items folder. As far as I can tell, the messages are being Archived (or deleted) because there are no sent messages in my personal folder older than 6 months (which is what I have autoarchive set for). And, no, my archive settings are not set to delete messages, they are set to archive after 6 months. Help! Thanks! Hi... I lost sight of my "Sent Items" after upgrading my laptop to Vista and pointing Outlook 2007 at my previous archive.pst file. I found the folder by choosing Go >...

what is the procedure to recover deleted items in Exchnage 2003?
Hi, I understand there is a procedure to recover deleted messages or mailboxes in a certain period of time, I know where the settings are and I have them setup to "save" email and mailboxes for 30 days before deleting them, *but* I do not know how to "see" and actually retrieve them... please your help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance, Fernando On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:18:01 -0700, Tec <Tec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I understand there is a procedure to recover deleted messages or mailboxes >in a certain period of time, I know wher...

Cannot copy this folder as it may contain private items
Assistance required please; I'm a member of a group mailbox. Up untill two weeks ago, I was able to move created folders with nested folders into other folders - eg, a project with nested folders when completed would be relocated into the project completed folder. Now when trying to drag a project folder with nested folders directly or when right click and select move folder - get message similar or same as "Cannot copy this folder as it may contain private items." Does not get message when just moving single folder (no nesting) Same for other members of this group mailbox, ...

List Box Selection
Access 2000. I have a standard list box on a form, bound to a query, which shows several hundred names in alphabetical order. Is there any way to move the selection shown using VBA code. What I want to do is allow the user to enter a letter/s into a text box which will then change the visible rows in the list box to show the names starting with that letter. I do NOT want to change the query criteria to show only those names that begin with the letter (which is easy enough to do), what I want is to, in effect, move the scroll bars down so that the first row of the list box shows the first nam...

Returns Mgmt Do Not Require Invoice Item Number for RMA Types.
Do not require invoice item number (or at least make it clear it is required on the screen). We want to enable zero dollar invoices for even exchanges, but don't want to create a bunch of zero dollar invoices for nothing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

RPC over HTTPS question
Hello Running Exchange 2003 sp2 on Windows 2003 sp1. My question is if Exchange is running on its own box and my DC\GC is on its own box, then on what server do i make this registry change on? I have no Front end exchange servers just a single Exchange server, and a single AD\GC is on a seperate machine Create a REG_MULTI_SZ Record named NSPI interface protocol sequences with the data NCACN_HTTP:6004 I am thinking that i create this key on the GC server? thanks You make the necessary registry changes on the Exchange Server. Here is link for Exchange Deployment Scecarios which expla...

how to find an item in a list control?

Deleting Items
I want to do a mass update of some non inventory items from our database. Is there a utility to do this and it not. What tables do I need to delete the items from? Thanks! Non-inventory items are only stored on the transactions themselves. You will not find them in the inventory tables as they are non-inventory items. I think you made need to explain exactly why you want to make this change. Please can you provide more details of what the end result you are looking for is? David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Suppo...

Balance account
when I go to balance my checking accout, many if the line items are "pre-checked" (i download transactions). this makes it tough to work with my statement to balance the account. I have to uncheck each manually. is there a way to keep this from happening? Don't download transaction data? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:796a01c3ee97$a029eb40$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > when I go to balance my checking accout, many if the line > items are "pre-checked" (i download transactions). this > makes it tough to work with my statement...