clistctrl drag image not showing text

I am using a class derived from clistctrl. I am using the
CreateDragImage function to create the image shown when dragging. My
understanding is that this should create an image of both the icon
displayed as well as the text for the particular item I am dragging,
however all I am getting is the icon with no text. I am sure this has
something to do with the fact that this is a derived class, but does
anyone know any other workarounds for getting the text to display in
the drag image?

Thanks,
Derrick

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

could i create a bitmap from the rect of the selected item on screen
and use that bitmap for the drag image?  if so how do i do that?

Any Ideas today?

Autofilter- show dates differently
In my column "A", I have lots of different dates not in sequence. When I click on my Autofilter to select a date, I want the filter to be organized by date, not alphabetically. It makes it harder to find the exact date. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, Joe Joe, If these are true dates, the Autofilter will put the list in date order. Are these true dates? Or text. If you temporarily do Edit - Clear - Formats (which you can then undo), do you see numbers, like 38666? If so, they're true dates. If you still see the dates in their original form, they're not r...

CListCtrl Header height change??
CListCtrl Header height change?? Is it possible to change the height of a CListCtrl Header.? Thanks Markus ...

Adjusting text borders
I am writing a newsletter. I wish to customize the paragraph sizes. I am using Publisher 2003. Customize how? Do you want all the text boxes the same? Are you using a template? You can delete the text boxes in a template and create your own. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Punza Okie" <Punza Okie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7E19A1-3ACB-4478-8F41-7142CFC8819A@microsoft.com... > I am writing a newsletter. I wish to customize the paragraph sizes. > I am using Publisher...

Values not showing
Stupid question really, but my spreadsheets are just displaying the formulae in the cells. How do I change them to just display values? It's so easy I can't see it! Regards Try Tools|Options|View tab|Uncheck Formulas Dennis Saunders wrote: > > Stupid question really, but my spreadsheets are just displaying the formulae > in the cells. How do I change them to just display values? > It's so easy I can't see it! > Regards -- Dave Peterson Hi Dave, tried that already...no joy. Dennis Ah, I think I've found it. Somehow my formulae (which have wor...

CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl problem
I use create a single document struct using MFC(explore style).The left of the window is CLeftView class(which inherit CTreeView).The right is CBrowserView which inherit CListView.I want to display the content of a directory in the right(CListview) when user click the item of the ctreectrl. In the LeftViw I add method "void CLeftView::OnClickItem (NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)" because I want to know which item be clicked by user. ////////////////Leftview////////////////////// CTreeCtrl& mtree=GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM item=mtree.GetSelectedItem(); data=mtree.GetItemDat...

Centering text in email window
Is there a way to move the text away from the left edge of the Outlook window in incoming emails? ...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

can I generate report showing which tables are used in which queri
I have too many tables and the db is 4 years old. Some tables look like they have no purpose. Can I run some type of report to tell me if a specific table is assigned to any query? Thank you, Vadimbar Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in might be just the ticket. If you register it (one of the best $37 I've ever spent), the cross-reference report can find what tables and queries are used by reports and forms. It's a good way to find orphans. http://www.rickworld.com/ -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

get Localized text in the webpage . . .
Hi, Does anybody know how to get the pure html. Actually we are entering some localized text in the webpage. We could able to see them.But if we are trying to get the full text which is present in the webpage using innerhtml,it is giving ???? for the localized text. Can anyone help me in sorting out this problem Thanks, Balaji "Balaji" <bala7_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujR%23vcjSEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Does anybody know how to get the pure html. > Actually we are entering some localized text in the webpage. We could able > to see the...

show a Query value in a form
I am attemptiing to show a query value in a form but am unable to get it to display? I have a formula running in a query, based on information inputted by operators in a form. But they need to see the formula based on the data entry directly after entry. I placed a field in the form but am unable to get it to display the query result. Also, I need a discussion field to contain more than 255 characters! Access 2007 limits me to 255??? Is there a way around this? Any help would be great. Thanks Hi You could requery the specific control on the form and you could change the text box t...

Images Disappear when offline
I have Outlook 2003 on my laptop. When I am connected to my network and download my POP3 mail I can see the images in the HTML messages, however when I disconnect from the network and view the messages the images have gone!!! I have set the image download option to download the entire message and view the images but that hasn't helped. It's strange because if I reconnect the laptop to the Web all the images\banners etc reappear! Any ideas? Many messages include only a link to web based content, not the actual image. In those cases Outlook has nothing to download and you won't ...

Find variable unique text within a string
Hi. I have a large spreadsheet where I have listed System number vertically and horisontally in a Matrix. What I want to do is to identify / mark which record in the vertical listing of these system numbers that are listed in column C (Links) Starting in Column D1 I have used the following function and copied it across the matrix : =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(D$1,$C2)),"Yes","") The spreadsheet looks like this: A B C D E F "System" "Description" &quo...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

How to combine graphics in a Publisher doc into a single image?
I made a publisher document with a number of circles, lines, text boxes and word art. I would like to merge all of those into one single graphic that I can resize, import/export, etc. Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yabai" <Yabai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7BE3122-F117-4851-92E1-10916224F758@microsoft.com... >I made a publisher document with a number of circles, lines, text boxes and > word art. I would like to merge all ...

problem dragging "searched" shapes onto workspace
Hi, In vision 2003 standard edition, I use the search function to get shapes which appear to come from microsoft, and use them in my diagrams. However recently I have been getting the error; "Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut. The target master cannot be found in the target document. Target document: EXCOBJ_M.VSS Target Master: IMAP virtual server" I can search for the shapes, but when I drag them into the document, Vision hangs for about a minute and then displays that error. Sometimes when I go back and try it again, the shape works again for a while...

Notes field and text mgmt
I have a SS that I want to link to another. The other spreadsheet would have simply notes that would be regularly updated. Using the hyperlink functionality would there be a better way to do this i.e. with say, Word? I'm thinking long term text managment... It's mostly a matter of preference. I prefer to keep all references I can within the one Excel file, refering to other sheets for data/text as needed........ but you certainly can link to other Excel files, Word documents, etc if desired. You just have to be careful that MIS does not change directory names on you......

Drag control onto worksheet does not work
When I try to drag a control from the Forms bar onto a worksheet the control does follow the mouse, although it does respond to the mouse click. Design mode does not make any difference. The result is I can't add controls to my worksheets, except by copying them from other projects. TRT, Neither the Forms Toolbar nor the Controls Toolbox items work by dragging from the toolbar. You select the type of control you want (just click it to turn it on), then drag in the worksheet (not to the worksheet). -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------------------...

How to add clistctrl into clistctrl?
How to clistctrl into a clistctrl? For example like adding checkbox , combobox, i want to add clistctrl into a clistctrl ...

Interest income not showing up in annual tax report?
M04 (v12.0 Update 1) which I've been using for a number of years. This year, when I look go Taxes > Tax Reports and look at Tax-Related Transactions for Previous Year, my wages show, "investment income:dividends" from one account shows, but "investment income: interest" from my bank accounts does not! Checked to make sure that the transactions in the accounts that contain the income are properly classified, and the report is set to include those accounts as well. The interest income category is correctly set to show in tax reports in the tax settings. Ran ...

CListCtrl::InsertItem strange behaviour?
Hi everyone, I have a dialog with a couple of ListCtrl on it. I'm filling them up with information when the dialog initializes. Therefore i have two loops, one for each ListCtrl, on both loops I use the same function to insert the items: myListCtrl1.InsertItem(0, anyString); --- myListCtrl2.InsertItem(0, anyString); The weird thing is : the first loop InsertItem is always inserting the Item on the first position (InsertItem returns a 0 always); displacing the previous inserted item. BUT, the second loop InsertItem is always inserting the item on the last position (InsertItem retu...

Self attached images in Outlook Message
Every HTML email I send from Outlook 2003 attaches 4 image00*.(2 gifs, 1 png and 1 jpg) - the content of those images seems like Word icons? The images have neither been attached by me nor show in the sent message content - you can only see them when receiving the message. I have checked several options: when sending Rich Text or Plain Text messages the files are not attached. When not using Word as email editor they are not attached as well (even for HTML email). I do not use any stationary and my signature does not contain any images. It seems that this started after applying recent...

Tooltip in CListCtrl
Hi all I have been trying now for a couple of days to figure out a way to display a tooltip over individual items in a CListCtrl. My control is in Report style, and has two columns where the first contains keys, and the second values. Problem is the keys do not have a lot of room, and I would like a tooltip to give a better description of what the key actually refers to. I found an article on Codeguru describing how this could be done, but I did not work for me - my override of CWnd::OnToolHitTest was never called by the framework as the article stated it would... For all I know this article...

Same image/every page
Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in Word. Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in Word? TIA mw maxxwitt wrote: > Hi > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and ...

icons on 2nd column of a clistctrl
hi, Is it possible to have icons or bitmaps on all of the columns of a clistctrl, not only the 1st column ? thanks, "behzad" <behzadnn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#LE9$vvYDHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have icons or bitmaps on all of the columns of a > clistctrl, not only the 1st column ? Never tried it personally, but according to the LVM_SETITEM documentation... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/messages/lvm_setitem.asp "In version 4.70 and later, you can se...

creating text files
Hi all I am looking for away to creat a test file from an excel worksheet. I tried "Text Write Program-1c" but it dosn't seem to give me the results I am looking for, the fields don't always drop into place. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks Erle It would be helpful to know what "the fields don't always drop into place" means to you... You might be able to adapt code found at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <1105381889.587707.70620@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "edm" <e-d.marans@ari.co.il&...