CListCtrl and sub item editting

Hi,

Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a
custom ctrl?
I am using VS2003.

TIA

Tony

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a
>custom ctrl?

Tony ,

There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some
implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and
CodeProject, they'll have examples.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
9/14/2006 9:48:22 AM
Thanks Dave,

I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl.

Regards

Tony

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating
>>custom ctrl?
>
> Tony ,
>
> There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some
> implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and
> CodeProject, they'll have examples.
>
> Dave

Fortunately someone has already done the work for you:

http://www.thecodeproject.com/listctrl/listeditor.asp

Tom

"Tony" <lazyherbert@homeandresting.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a
> custom ctrl?
> I am using VS2003.
>
> TIA
>
> Tony

0
tserface (3860)

Contracts for Account and sub-account
Hi, I don't find how to relate cases of a sub-account to active contract lines of its parent account? Development needed ? Thank you ManU ...

OL2003 Signature Advanced Edit
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop (I've been using it on a previous laptop without this problem). I have Word 2003 selected in Outlook to edit my email messages (in the Tools:Options:Mail Format menu). When I attempt to create a new email signature using the Advanced Edit option (to open Word as the editor), Word Pad is launched instead of Word. I have searched all the menus, the Knowledge Base and archives here, scratched my head 'til I'm nearly bald... I can't come up with a solution. I've always had Word launch with the press of that button before. And ...

Item Duplicates
Occasionally we have encountered a problem with an item being sold, then showing up on the Z report as not having been paid . Looking at all the receipts one by one for the day, and matching them with the visa/interact/mastercard receipts, we can find a receipt that shows an item being seemingly duplicated on the customers receipt. This duplication doesn't show up at the time of the transaction So somewhere between the customer's transaction and the evening close off and the z report being produced the item gets duplicated, and shows up on the file report of the customer rece...

Object Collection: Couldn't find item indicated by text (FRX)
Hi there, I have a problem using Account Category in my frx report. When I try to design my report using Great Plains Account category, I get the error "Object Collection: Couldn't fine item indicated by text." When trying to generate report. Then the report does not contain any category other than the first one. After some tests I discovered that, only the first line item in my row format that contains account category appear in my report (either if this line have one category or a range of categories) but no other rows have category appears in my report. In addition, I ...

Creating sub entry
Sorry basic question but I am going around in circles. I have a simple supplier table with Supplier ID as key. I open a new table with a form in preparation to add a new record in the second table (Contacts). Form opens OK and you can add entries but I want to copy across the Supplier ID so that it maintains the relationship. Tried several ways but cant manage it. The VB behind the relevant button that opens the form reads: Private Sub CMD_AddContact_Click() On Error GoTo Err_CMD_AddContact_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stSupplierID As String stDocName = "FRM_...

Item-Level Recover for Public Folders
Hi, i'm testing Exchange 2010 with SC DPM 2010 RC. For item-level restoring MS DPM suggest to use Recovery Database in Exchange 2010. It's works fine with Mailbox Databases. In Exchange we have limit to one Public Folder Mailbox Database. After backup is restoring to Recovery Database, it can not be mounted. If dismount Public Folder Database, Recovery Database bring mounted. Anybody have ideas to implement item-level restore for Exchange Public Folders? If you want to recover an item from a database to another database it is must that both of them need to ...

CListCtrl Header height change??
CListCtrl Header height change?? Is it possible to change the height of a CListCtrl Header.? Thanks Markus ...

Can't Delete, Can't move items and can't send/receive
My outlook had to be terminated due to a hangup. When I restarted outlook, it had to rebuild the database. After this occured, when I try to erace an e-mail, I get in error message stating "messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem presists, restart Outlook." When I try to move an e-mail I get an error message stating "Can't Move Item". When my outlook does a send and receive I get the following error message "Unkown Error 0x8004060C". Can anyone help?!?!?! ...

Cell double clicked is not one selected for editing
15" MBP, 2.6 GHz Intel core 2 duo. OS: Leopard 10.5.8. Excel 2008 (12.2.3) If I leave Excel to use another application and then come back to it, often double clicking a cell to start 'in cell editing', another cell will be chosen, often many screens away from where I wanted (I've double clicked G255, and cell G6 will be chosen). I then have to find where I was. This is unusable! Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions? This doesn't happen with Excel 2004. See message from CyberTaz titled Re: Excel on MacBookPro : double click on cell walls sends...

synchronize sub forms
I have a main form (frm1) with six tabs, each tab with a subform (fsub1-fsub6). Each subform is a child of the frm1. I want to synch fsub2-fsub6 with fsub1 so that when a record is chosen or updated on fsub1 the others follow. Any thoughts. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SynchronizedSubforms.mdb" which illustrates how to do this. (I think -- if I'm reading your question correctly.) -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in y...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl problem
I use create a single document struct using MFC(explore style).The left of the window is CLeftView class(which inherit CTreeView).The right is CBrowserView which inherit CListView.I want to display the content of a directory in the right(CListview) when user click the item of the ctreectrl. In the LeftViw I add method "void CLeftView::OnClickItem (NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)" because I want to know which item be clicked by user. ////////////////Leftview////////////////////// CTreeCtrl& mtree=GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM item=mtree.GetSelectedItem(); data=mtree.GetItemDat...

where do yu keep certain items
what would you do with item that you want to keep in your item list and want to keep them active but dont want them to show up in the purchase order. I know that there is a don't put on purchase order button in the options menu. But can you access that in a special report and how do you do that. thank you ...

Is it possible to arrow to a different cell while in edit mode?
Is it possible, after having hit F2 in a cell with a formula, to move the cursor to a new cell and the formula "auto" reference the new cell? i.e. I'd like to change the reference in the formula from B11 to C25 by highlighting B11 in the formula then physically selecting C25. (the way cell referencing works when starting a formula) I think I've tried all combinations of Alt+arrow, Ctrl+arrow, Alt+Shift+arrow, Alt+Ctrl+Cross fingers+Squint, etc... One way to change cell ref witing a formula in edit mode, high light the cell reference holding down shift and pressing arr...

-------------------sub
----------------------------------...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

Duplicate Items #2
Duplicate Items are showing up in store operations. They have the same exact ILC and HQID some times it gets duplicated 100,000 of times. No other process than HQ worksheets are hitting this database. On version 2.0.0105 -- Bart M ...

Empty Deleted Items on Exit isn't working
This has been the case since I moved to WLM. I use it for my Live mail account and no matter what, the Deleted Items folder remains populated after exit and later reopening WLM. Am I missing a setting somewhere? It will not work for a hotmail account set in WLM as a HTTP account "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C01C084-C013-4E59-AC58-A7F8ECFE2CB6@microsoft.com... > This has been the case since I moved to WLM. I use it for my Live mail > account and no matter what, the Deleted Items folder remains populated > after ...

How to add clistctrl into clistctrl?
How to clistctrl into a clistctrl? For example like adding checkbox , combobox, i want to add clistctrl into a clistctrl ...

Outlook 2007 Edit Business Card Format
I've just started using Outlook 2007 with the Business Contact Manager. I'd like to edit the format of the Business Card in both Outlook and Business Contact Manager. I have discovered how to edit an individual card but not how to edit all the existing cards and future cards. Can this be done and if so how? Thanks, Bob It can't be done; that functionality just isn't built into Outlook. I = expect, though, that some enterprising programmer will produce an = inexpensive tool or sample application to apply a particular format to = all EBCs.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook ...

all of my calendars items
I just transfered my outlook data files to a new hard drive with new install of office 2007. Have Blackberry desktop too. All of my calander items older than 2 weeks are now gone. The archive folder only has future items. any ideas? what is the 'keep for' setting on the blackberry? see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/missing_appt.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - ...

I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items
I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: Can't move the items. Special folders, including Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Task and Journal folders can not be moved. stevenson <lstevenson@crowell.com> wrote: > I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items > folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this > problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: > Can't move the items. Special folders, inc...

sorting cells in a sub routine
I'm trying to Sort a block of cells as a step in a routine. The size of the block varies, but it will always be Sorted in Ascending order by the last column. The routine works by having Excel evaluate the CurrentRegion of the ActiveCell with the CurrentRegion cells surrounding it. If they match, the sort fires. All of this works fine except when the sheet is protected. As far as I can tell, CurrentRegion causes an error message when the sheet is protected. How else can I establish the area to be sorted? I'm currently doing it by finding the first and last Columns in the Region an...

running a Sub in a class module from a functionin a general module
If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains a procedure named Sub cmd_close_form_Click() is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in a general module? Thanks in advance, Paul "Paul" <begone@spam.com> wrote in message news:%23E1556FqKHA.5840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains > a procedure named > > Sub cmd_close_form_Click() > > is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in...

How do I import sub.....
Ok, I have my personal contacts folder. It is called by default "contacts" I have out public contacts folder. It is called "IT contacts" How do I get the info from IT contacts into my personal contacts. I tried exporting a personal file, then importing it into my personal contacts, and it did, in a subfolder. I don't want it in a subfolder (my pda won't read it) I want it added to my personal contacts folder... make sense? Please help... jojo (Outlook 2000) Ctrl+drag and drop the individual items. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook ...