Classes within a control

HI,

can anyone help me out here. I have used an activex (SSUltraGridControl)
control on a dialog and  I then added a member variable of type
CSSUltraGridControl. At this point I selected the classes within the
control that I required.

I now wish to utalise the CSSSelected class (which was not originally
chosen) within the control and I do not know how to get it into my project.

I have tried creating another project and included the entire
CSSUltraGridControl classes in it and then copy the SSSelected.h and
SSSelected.cpp files into my working direcotry etc by I get an error saying

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: struct IDispatch *
__thiscall CSSUltraGridControl::GetSelected(void)" (?
GetSelected@CSSUltraGridControl@@QAEPAUIDispatch@@XZ)

can anyone tell me how I can use teh CSSSelected class within my project ??

TIA

Ali
0
agrey12 (6)
10/13/2003 7:31:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

Lookup within a 2 dimensional array
Hi guys, Here's a challenge I hope you can help me solve. Say I have a table of values with X and Y headers and a 3 x 3 array hoding parameters that are a function of X and Y, call these f (X, Y) as below. Y 0.1 0.2 0.3 1 10 15 20 X 2 15 20 30 3 20 30 40 Say I am given a value of Y = 0.2 and the outcome of the X and Y, f (X, Y) of 20, and the formula needs to return the value of X. From the table above the result I would want to extract is X = 2. Th...

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Can't dynamicly create a VB control that uses Infragistics controls
Hi, I've created a VB6 control that uses the Infragistics NumEdit and ComboBox. I dynamically create the control on a MFC C++ Window. This works fine on my dev machine, but not on any other machine. All controls are registered on the other machines. I also created a VB6 app that uses my VB control on a form. Package it up and install it on the same machines and it works fine, yet my app still can't create the same control dynamically. If I take the Infragistics controls off my control, and I can create My control. What can I do to create the control dynamically? I think the Infragi...

Creating and Destroying a Window in CWinThread Derived Class
Hello, (Using VC++ 6.0) I am extremely frustrated with this and have burned many hours and still no solution. This should be simple. I have created a sample app that does the following: 1) Creates a CWinThread derived class from Class Wizard called SeperateThread. 2) Creates a modeless dialog box on thread initialization 3) Destroys it on ExitInstance() SeperateThread. Problem: ExitInstance() in cannot destroy the window I created just above on thread InitInstance(). Code Snippets: CTestThreaddingJunkDlg.h CSeperateThread ThreadA; declared in the base .h file In CTestThreaddingJun...

How to change text color of an item in a list control
Hi, I'm working in Visual C++ 6.0 and I'm using a List Control (CListCtrl class, used as a report view) in a dialog. This list displays 4 text items, each consisting of 3 columns. Let's consider the following example: Title of column1 Title c2 Title c3 Item1 info12 info13 Item2 info22 info23 Item3 info32 info33 Item4 info42 info43 I want to change the text color of an item when a certain condition is true. In the example above, say I want to change the color of the whole line of 'item2' and ...

Using ModifyStyle to Change an Edit Control
I have been experimenting a bit with controlling edit controls. Using the resource editor, I created an edit control on my dialog box accepting the default left justification. When I tried to change justification with ModifyStyle: m_SelectedRxMode.ModifyStyle( ES_LEFT, ES_CENTER, 0 ); nothing happened. Looking at the examples at http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/editctrltutorial.asp, I noticed they explicitly remove the undesired justification so I tried it: m_SelectedRxMode.ModifyStyle( ES_LEFT | ES_RIGHT, ES_CENTER ); but no luck again. What am I missing here? Thanks...

Extending the Process class
The System.Diagnostics namespace contains a Process class which defines a static method GetProcesses. GetProcesses returns an array of Process instances of all processes running running on the PC (or another PC). I wish to subclass Process to include an additional property. My problem is with the GetProcesses method. Since its return value is a Process[], I cannot just downcast a Process element to MyProcess to access the my property as well as the ones the Process already defines. Since the fetching of all processes occurs frequently, and the list can be long, I would prefer to...

Thread Pool Class?
Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? "Don Gurr" <dongurr@REMOVEshaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2do6n.2339$RS6.61@newsfe15.iad... > Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? Have you tried CThreadPool from ATL (I believe it can be used in MFC code as well)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tz6fz1e(VS.80).aspx HTH, Giovanni Thanks, it appears to work. "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message news:Ose%23WA7mKHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Don Gurr"...

Arrance controls dynamically on a propertypage
Hello ! I'm looking for a solution for the following problem: I have an propertypage where the visibility of the controlls changes. That actually leaves ugly 'holes' on the page. I'm looking for a solution to rearange these controls automaticly. Nay hint'S for me ? Carsten You can move the controls around using SetWindowPos. There is some sample code of layout manager at codeguru/codeproject which comes into play when dialog is resized. That will give you something to start with. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Well, I know how to move around contro...

Concatenation operator within strings
How can the concatenation operator be included within strings? I have a function that concatenates the selected values from a listbox but would like to add " & "*" Or " to each value: Public Function ConcatList(frmWhichForm, varWhichControl) Dim varItem As Variant Dim stParameter As String Dim WhichForm As Form Dim WhichCntl As Control Set WhichForm = frmWhichForm Set WhichCntl = varWhichControl stParameter = "" For Each varItem In WhichCntl.ItemsSelected stParameter = stParameter & WhichCntl.ItemData(varItem) & " ______________ "...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

VB Validating User or Class
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a VB script that shows me how to validate logged in user or the class I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Hi Magda I have a packge which exposes the toolbar and lets you get the current user id. To get at the class would require you to look up the user id on the SY_User_MSTR table. To do this you would need to use RetrieveGlobals.dll and ADO to send a query to SQL. RetrieveGlobals will also provide the details of the current user id and company. Please have your partner contact me using the address below (remove the online. first) and I can sen...

Default Value or Control Source?
I have a form which has a calculated control. The control allocates a reference number [txtrefnbr], which includes the use of the DMax function to allocate the next number in a sequence from a table called tblcomplaints. The default value of the control is =Nz(DMax("[txtrefnbr]","tblcomplaints"),0)+1 However we need to input say 13 records, which already have a reference number and for the next new record to be allocated the next number in the sequence ie 14. How do I stop the first 13 numbers being allocated as we enter the backlog of records and then start the DMax ...

TreeView Control Search
What is the simplest way to Search a TreeView Control? I need to find the a specific value in the TEXT of the TreeView. I've looked at: http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/1-7024/ms.help?method=page&id=M:SYSTEM.WEB.UI.WEBCONTROLS.TREEVIEW.FINDNODE(SYSTEM.STRING)&product=VS&productversion=100&locale=en-US&topiclocale=EN-US&topicversion=100&SQM=2 but the ValuePath and ValuePathText aren't available. ...

Use ROUND within custom function
I created a function to calc the % of markup, it works just fin until I get into prices >99.99, and then it doesn't match to some current data I'm using that I think is rounding. Have I built this function properly? and if so how do I get it to round? Function Markup(Price) 'Low to High price range * % + flat additional amount If Price <= 9.99 Then Markup = Price * (400 / 100 + 1) + 5 If Price > 9.99 And Price <= 49.99 Then Markup = Price * (325 / 100 + 1) + 15 If Price > 49.99 And Price <= 99.99 Then Markup = Price * (275 / 100 + 1) + 25 If Pric...

Won't let me assign a domain controller pointer record
I am doing my pre-installation checks for CRM 1.2. I am trying to assign a domain controller pointer record for the CRM web site I created but I am getting the message: A CNAME record cannot be added to this DNS Name. The DNS Name contains records that are incompatible with the CNAME record. Can anyone please help? Thanks. you mean a DNS pointer record. tel me exactly what you are doing. "Andrea Worley" <k_rage@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:361870B1-B4D3-4202-9777-DE1B434A0E83@microsoft.com... > I am doing my pre-installation checks for CRM 1.2. I am trying to ...

Accessing procedures in another class
This is may be a problem of structure. I have a simple dialog application (in VC++ 6.0 using MFC) with - MainFrm class: Processes menu items and toolbar buttons. - xxDoc class: Stores app data and handles serialization. - xxView class: processes the dialogue which is the main window. There is a mechanism for accessing procedures in xxDoc from xxView. i.e. pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); This works ok and I can save and load data from a file into the dialog. What I want is a means to access procedures in xxView from MainFrm. i.e. when a menu item or toolbar button is selecte...