Classes gone from class list

Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am
also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and
still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the
missing and broken classes are included in my project.

Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual
operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think
this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use
the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation
specific to that class.

I have tried to add the files to the project again, but they are already
there. I have closed and re-opened visual studio. I have done a rebuild.

Any help appreciated!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I
> am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour
> ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for
> the missing and broken classes are included in my project.
>
> Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual
> operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think
> this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't
> use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort
> operation specific to that class.
>
> I have tried to add the files to the project again, but they are already
> there. I have closed and re-opened visual studio. I have done a rebuild.
>
> Any help appreciated!

Sorry for the panic post - second part of this is fixed now - the build
error 2079 was caused by a missing '}' at the end of the class header file.
However, my classes are still absent from the Class View, even though they
are in the project and used by other classes - where have they gone and how
do I get them back?!?

Not sure about VS2005, but in VS6 this was a common problem. If you
delete the *.clw file (or rename it - much safer!), then when you run
Class Wizard it will prompt you for all the classes in your project.

Other files that get corrupted and can safely be deleted are *.aps,
*.ncb and *.opt

Paul.

0
paul.ganney1 (118)

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

Cotrol list
Hi, Can anybody suggest me with following. I want to define in the Control List subitem as a check box. How can I do it and if an example is possible will be fine. Thanks in advance EK See if www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp helps. "EK" <evgenik@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eVd2EuM4DHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anybody suggest me with following. > I want to define in the Control List subitem as a check box. How can I do it > and if an example is possible will be fine. > Thanks in advance > EK > > ...

Excel sort lists with missing values
I need to sort columns of text (with some missing words) to line u against a complete column of text. This would thus leave a blank ro for the missing words in the incomplete column. Suggestions? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I guessed that you'd have headers in Row 1. And your data started in Row 2. I also guessed that your masterlist was in column A. This worked ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim MstrArray As Variant Dim colArray As Variant Dim iCol As Long Dim ictr As Long Dim FirstErrorRow As Long Dim ErrorRow As Long...

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

How to make Contact Categories equal Distribution List
Whenever I add in a new contact, I will specify the category. Question: is it possible to auto-add contacts in category, say 'Client' to the 'Client' distribution list? if not, how to email to all the contacts in a particular category? I don't seem to be able to do it. If it cannot be done, what is the use of having the category? With categories, you don't need DLs. To mail to a category, display = your contacts folder by category, select the category and drag to your = inbox. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

sorting and highlighting in a list
I have a list of 60 items that change slightly on a weekly basis. Currently I highlight(color code) the five with the largest weekly increases. I do this with the following conditional format formula. =AND(ISNUMBER($P7),$P7>=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5)) I would like to highlight(color code) another group of five with the next largest weekly increases but have been unable to determine the appropriate formula. Can anyone help? Try =AND(ISNUMBER($P9),$P9<=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5),($P9>LARGE($P$3:$P$60,10))) as the second conditional format. --- Message posted from http://www.Exc...

How to Printi Font List?
I want to print a list of fonts from Publisher that I can have for a resource when creating literature so that choosing the right font won't be so time consuming. Can anyone tell me how to print a font list from Publisher? I am running out of time for several projects. plzzzzzzzzz help!!! Chinastar <Chinastar@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to print a list of fonts from Publisher that I can have for a > resource when creating literature so that choosing the right font > won't be so time consuming. Can anyone tell me how to pr...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

List Box Example
I am trying to find a simple example of a list box. When I open a form and drop down a list of customers, I would like to see "Add New" at the beginning of the listing if the customer isn't there. Then the form for adding the customer would popup. As I hav it now, if the customer isn't there, then you have to close the current screen go back to the menu and go to a customer database and add them. I would like to elimated so many extra steps. Any simple example would help for a reference. I have search google with no success over the past two weeks Thank you in advance f...

Cannot View To-Do List in Outlook
My computer recently crashed. I had someone recover it. He renamed my Outlook pst file in the process. I had two pst files. The newer downloaded my most recent emails into it before I could set it to only download emails when I told it to. I was able to copy files from the old one into the new one (the new one is the only one that would "take" certain settings, as in calendar colors). When I finally got around to checking my task list and to-do list, the task list is not operational. It will not show in the to-do bar on the right. I get the following message in that ...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Dynamic Lists
It should be possible for the user to specify whether a list is dynamic or static, so that they don't need to recreate the list prior to using it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

Change list data
Hi there, Is there a way of quickly turning some data in this format: A B Name Name1 Address Address1 Name Name2 Address Address2 Name Name3 Address Address3 Into this format: A B Name Address Name1 Address1 Name2 Address2 Name3 Address3 Thanks in advance anyone - David Fill down the columns C and D as far as you need: C = INDIRECT("B" & ROW()*2-1) D = INDIRECT("B" & ROW()*2) Thanks Bucky - David ...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Inadvertently saved password to password list
I had set a password for my main .pst file, and yesterday inadvertently checked "Save this password to the password list." Now it opens without a password. I tried changing passwords, but the password list seems to have given itself permission to use the new one as well. How can I take this .pst file OUT of the password list so that the file won't open without a password? We have no idea what you are talking about. What "password list?" What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...

Excel 2007 drop down lists
I would like to create a drop down list of number that, when selected, will automatically fill out the the next cell with a name i.e. I select No. 120 and the next cell automatically fills out the name as being Angela9520. How can I do that? Ostensible I want to select a number and have the name associated with that number appear in the next cell! I don't have 2007 but I think you can use VLOOKUP. Something like this in B1 =VLOOKUP(A1,J1:K1,2,0) Where A1 is the drop down and B1 has the formula and J is a list of the numbers in the drop down and K is the corresponding n...

Creating and Destroying a Window in CWinThread Derived Class
Hello, (Using VC++ 6.0) I am extremely frustrated with this and have burned many hours and still no solution. This should be simple. I have created a sample app that does the following: 1) Creates a CWinThread derived class from Class Wizard called SeperateThread. 2) Creates a modeless dialog box on thread initialization 3) Destroys it on ExitInstance() SeperateThread. Problem: ExitInstance() in cannot destroy the window I created just above on thread InitInstance(). Code Snippets: CTestThreaddingJunkDlg.h CSeperateThread ThreadA; declared in the base .h file In CTestThreaddingJun...

Managing Investment list
When I add an item in an investment account, under the investment column, the dropdown list contains all the investments I have created (including the ones I have now sold). Is there a way to trim this list down to the ones I own rather than the the ones I DID own? In microsoft.public.money, SPP wrote: > >When I add an item in an investment account, under the investment >column, the dropdown list contains all the investments I have created >(including the ones I have now sold). > >Is there a way to trim this list down to the ones I own rather than >the...

Extending the Process class
The System.Diagnostics namespace contains a Process class which defines a static method GetProcesses. GetProcesses returns an array of Process instances of all processes running running on the PC (or another PC). I wish to subclass Process to include an additional property. My problem is with the GetProcesses method. Since its return value is a Process[], I cannot just downcast a Process element to MyProcess to access the my property as well as the ones the Process already defines. Since the fetching of all processes occurs frequently, and the list can be long, I would prefer to...

Thread Pool Class?
Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? "Don Gurr" <dongurr@REMOVEshaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2do6n.2339$RS6.61@newsfe15.iad... > Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? Have you tried CThreadPool from ATL (I believe it can be used in MFC code as well)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tz6fz1e(VS.80).aspx HTH, Giovanni Thanks, it appears to work. "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message news:Ose%23WA7mKHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Don Gurr"...

VB Validating User or Class
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a VB script that shows me how to validate logged in user or the class I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Hi Magda I have a packge which exposes the toolbar and lets you get the current user id. To get at the class would require you to look up the user id on the SY_User_MSTR table. To do this you would need to use RetrieveGlobals.dll and ADO to send a query to SQL. RetrieveGlobals will also provide the details of the current user id and company. Please have your partner contact me using the address below (remove the online. first) and I can sen...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...