class wizard, where does class window "discover" what messages window can handle?

Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what
messages a window can handle and receive?
For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some
file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Martin Ortiz wrote:
> Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what
> messages a window can handle and receive?
> For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some
> file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list.

I don't think there is a way to make class wizard list user-defined
messages.  You can add user-defined messages to the message map by
typing in ON_MESSAGE(MY_MESSAGE, MyFunction)

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
scottmcp8856 (490)
1/8/2004 1:08:38 PM
I read somewhere a long while back, there was some file or something you
could modify so that user defined messages appeared in classwizard....
(but of course, I don't remember what it was)

"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <scottmcp@mvps.org.nothere> wrote in message
> Martin Ortiz wrote:
> > Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover,
what
> > messages a window can handle and receive?
> > For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to
some
> > file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list.
> >

> I don't think there is a way to make class wizard list user-defined
> messages.  You can add user-defined messages to the message map by
> typing in ON_MESSAGE(MY_MESSAGE, MyFunction)
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Discover How To Finally Unleash Your Computers True Potential!
Transforms Any Dead-Slow PC Into a Lightning Fast, Stable and Secure System...In Just 15 Minutes Dear Frustrated PC User, =B7 If you've ever wondered why your computer seems to run so much slower than it used to... =B7 If you've ever heard of frustrated people losing all their data because of an unexpected crash, infection or other disaster... =B7 Or, if you've ever worried about having to fork over hundreds of dollars for upgrades or a visit from your local computer geek... You can kiss all the worries, wondering and frustration goodbye...forever! Visit: http://pcsecretfor...

Anyone having problems with Discover updating?
I keep getting an HTTP403 error in Money+ when updating Discover. did Discover turn the downloads off when MS dropped the product last week? -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all) What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ I think Discoverer is just having problems. Updating over the last 4+ days has been spotty. It works, then it doesn't. I'm using M...

class wizard, where does class window "discover" what messages window can handle?
Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what messages a window can handle and receive? For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list. Martin Ortiz wrote: > Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what > messages a window can handle and receive? > For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some > file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list. > > I don't think there is a way t...

Discover downloaded statement problems
Is there a way to retrieve data from a failed download attempt from Discover card? (For example, to specify a date range.) There is a gap (several months) from the failed attempt and the succesful attempt. Also, is there a log of error codes to show the failed attempt specifics? I am trying to avoid having to manually enter this data, if there is another way. This is 2003version. Thanks much. In microsoft.public.money, Gulfsnappr wrote: >Is there a way to retrieve data from a failed download attempt from Discover >card? (For example, to specify a date range.) There is a gap (sev...

Settle EDC Batch Discover Cards
Just switched payment processors and was able to Settle EDC Batches. The second day however was not able to settle Discover card transactions get a "technical error" all other cards process fine. Any ideas? -- Bart M The best You should call your processor and ask for error and You can ask your processor to sattle the batch manuely. I think you mixed up with processor may be you ran transaction with old processor and You are trying to settle with new. It happened to me last month and even I settle the batch before I start with new procwssor and I ran one test transacti...

Discover not updating?
Anyone else having a problem with Discover not updating in Money Plus the past 2 days? worked fine Oct 10, but the 11th and 12 I keep getting OFXHTTP403 errors. That suggests a "forbidden" error - HTTP 403, which looks like a server-side issue. -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all) What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Yes, me too having problems ...

How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an Outlook 2003 client. This has caused OWA to stop working. How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client? Regards When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store, it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display which client accessed the mailbox. Outlook 2003 should show a client version of 11.0 Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been available for a long time. The KB article was published back ...

Discover Card Updates
OS - WinXP Home SP2 Ver - Money 2006 Deluxe Has anyone had any issues with Discover Card recently using the "update now" function? I have had 2 separate data files setup in Money since the 2003 version. I have been on 2006 for about 3 or 4 months now. I have never had any major issues with Discover Card transactions updating. At times one data file would update and the other wouldn't but it never lasted for more than a day and it never involved either account NOT updating. Since last Friday (Aug 18) I have received an OFXHTTP403 error stating that "The Internet, bank...

Error while performing tender: using DISCOVER card as payment moth
Hi, Can anyone advise me how can i resolve the error that it says "CV : FAILURE CV" on the approval status during tender. FYI, I just setup Discover as a new tender type, with my merchant (bank of America & Discover themselves) confirmed that it is all setup from thier end and ready for me to use discover. I have re-confirmed with them after getting this error and seems i am not getting anywhere now. Is there anyone out there who can help me. noel. I'm getting the same thing. Our processor says that they need to to add diners and jcb entitlement to the discov...

Discover Card not downloading finance charges?
Has anybody ever had this happen? I had to change discover card account numbers due to fradulent use on my account. Ever since then, I can't download the finance charges into Microsoft Money. The finance charges show up when I go to the discovercard.com website. However, when I download my transaction data into MS-Money it only shows the balance as being the sum total of the balance transfer and recent transactions (purchases and payments) attributed to my account's new card number. It does not show any of the finance charges for the past 3 months. Thus, my balance is off by a consider...

Discover card issues
I spoke with customer service tonight because after I connected to Discover through Money, the logon page showed a different card #. It turns out Discover is assigning new card #s (to what group of cardholders I do not know). She did say the direct download problem was fixed. And indeed it did download one transaction and opened a new account with the new card #. It appears impossible to retrieve by direct download the transactions that had been missing (due to download problems) before the card # was changed. The fix I guess will be an indirect statement download when the next statement...

discover card balance
Hi, I am using the essential register. For my discover card, all my transactions are complete. A payment was just received which should have made my balance 0. However, my balance is way high. I've looked at a bunch of threads and help and cannot seem to get the answer I need. Can someone help please? In microsoft.public.money, loopyloop wrote: > > >I am using the essential register. For my discover card, all my transactions >are complete. A payment was just received which should have made my balance >0. However, my balance is way high. I've looked at a bunch of ...

CID Numbers necessary when processing Discover transactions?
How can the CID number accompany the card number while processing Discover Card transactions? Discover Card, as many may know, now charges a $.50 fee for transactions that are not paired with the CID. (according to Discover, this should be for non-swiped entries but I have heard from some clients that this is occurring for swiped transactions as well) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. We wrote an RMS Plug-in that allows you to enter address & CID/CVV2 numers at the point-of-sale. Please contact TPI Software for more informaton. Thanks, TPI Software, LLC Empowering Businesses t...

Discovering pivot table source
How can I determine where the data source is for a series in a pivot table? I'm trying to figure out a spreadsheet that I've been given, but am not very sharp with Excel. The pivot table is named PivotTable1, the field in question is named Non-Paying and its source field is named NC. I've searched all over this thing, I can't figure out where NC comes from. There's no Range named that. Please enlighten me i have figured out a way to do this, it may be rather primitive o cumbersome. here is what i do. right-click on the pivot table. a context menu pops up. select th ...

Issue with Discover Card in RMS
Hello Everyone, Last week we had a problem with the Discover card tender type on the X, Z, and Discover statement. The scenario is, We had 2 discover transaction on register 1. One was for $25.68 and the second was for a credit of $64.20. This would create a difference of $38.52. The X report displayed $38.52 in the Shift but when the Z report was ran it displayed $38.52 for the close and $77.04 in the shift. If you do the math $77.04 is double $38.52. We checked what Discover received from us from the Settle EDC batch and it was $77.04. I checking into the TenderEntry table for the t...

I Discovered Why I Couldn't View Downloaded Transactions.
I use Money 2006 Deluxe. Twice I have had problems viewing downloaded transactions. Both times it was caused by an apostrophe in the Payee's name. Evidentially, Money doesn't like apostrophes in OFX files. I worked around this problem by deleting the downloaded transactions. Then I went to the Financial Institution's website and manually downloaded the new transactions with dates prior to the bad transaction (the one with the apostrophe) and the new transactions with dates after the bad one. So in effect I downloaded all new transaction except for those on the same day as the ...

Cute trick I just discovered
....and maybe you already know it, but some don't! You have 123 234- 345 456- 4.2 1.9 30.2- 13 etc. You want the numbers which END in the minus sign to BEGIN with the minus sign. The trick? Select the numbers, use Data/Text-to-Columns, click Finish! Who knew? Bob Umlas Excel MVP Bob Only if Step 3>Advanced>Trailing minus for negative numbers is checked. That setting is default but can be changed and Excel remembers the change so next time it won't work. Gord On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:30:17 -0500, "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote: >...and maybe you alre...

a cure for genital herpes discovered
just got another dose, but being a Scientist and all I went out and devised my own cure.physician heal thyself is what I say....... http://www.fmt.am.gov.br/imagens/Herpes.jpg sorry to say this former girlfriend is slightly damaged goods http://prosthetic-eye-guide.org/modules/gallery/albums/hsv/normal_07.jpg http://www.accidentalscientist.com/2008/12/hsv1-and-alzheimers-link-is-now-proven.html spectecjr@gmail.com (206) 250 7892 807 N 40th St Apt 305 Seattle WA 98103 ...

Setting Up Discover Card Account
I'm trying to figure out how to set up my Discover Card account to download monthly statements. I've been able to do this with every other credit card but not this one. Does someone have a simple step by step process? Do I have to enter the credit card account number? In microsoft.public.money, Mark B wrote: >I'm trying to figure out how to set up my Discover Card account to download >monthly statements. I've been able to do this with every other credit card >but not this one. Does someone have a simple step by step process? I forget; it's been a while....

MS Money handling of Sams Discover Card QIF download is wrong
Money Version 17.0.120.1415 I recently opened a Sam's Club discover card account. When I download the account by selecting MS Money I get a QIF file. The entries are all reversed. I get credits in MS Money when it is a purchase transaction and charge entries when it is a credit return. I have tried several times, deleting the file and starting over with no success. I have several other financial institutions that use OFX format downloads and I have no trouble with them. Al In microsoft.public.money, Al Malone wrote: >Money Version 17.0.120.1415 >I recently opened a Sam's C...

Will new Discover Ranges be OK
I am running RMS SO 2.0. Will there be any problems with my CC processing with the new Discover card number ranges? Thanks, TomT ...

Duplicate Discover Accounts
About 6 weeks ago and before notifying me Discover issued me a new account # (due to security reasons). First I knew of it was when I downloaded transactions, and it created a new card account with those transactions. Then I went back to my previous card account, and changed the settings so that the card # matched my new account. I was successful in downloading transactions into that account in mid-July. Tonight when I went on line to Discover, it downloaded the transactions back into the new account it had created. I guess there were two card accounts with the same # so it picked one (a d...

Discover Card and Money Plus problem.
Still no joy getting updates from Discover. Does anyone have it working? -- ... Hank http://home.comcast.net/~horedson/ http://home.comcast.net/~w0rli/ I just got a note from Discover today stating they are still working on it. Sigh...I wonder why it can't be resolved...it's been three weeks now. On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:29:52 -0700, "Hank Oredson" <horedson@gmail.com> wrote: >Still no joy getting updates from Discover. >Does anyone have it working? This morning it is working again. -- ... Hank http://home.comcast.net/~horedson/ http://home.comca...

FYI A little glitch discovered
Recently I starting trying IE7(beta) - I'm a Firefox user, but use IE for a few selective tasks. (I use IE for repeat tasks 'cause I have macros, that only work in IE, that login me in, go to the correct page, etc) And recently I have been unable to dowload MBNA statements from their website - an error occurs preventing it. Today I discovered that it was IE7 preventing the ofx dowload as the the download worked fine in Firefox. What is the error that you get? A couple of ideas if you haven't already tried them: 1. Add the MBNA site that the download comes from to the &q...

Processing of Discover Card credit cards
How is this done? Discover cards are processed through a different connection than Master Card and Visa. The same goes with American Express. You must set up a merchant account with DiscoverCard and/or American Express to use that credit card type. -- Elizabeth M. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CBC2DB7-E526-4630-9664-9C62D3DBB4AF@microsoft.com... > How is this done? Thanks Elizabeth. I understand and have setup the Visa/MasterCard merchannt, but only see where one can be setup. Can you have multiple merchants setup and if so, ho...