class wizard in VS 2005

Hi,

In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add
an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their
old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.

JD

-2
jdt_young (239)
7/19/2007 9:28:21 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add
> an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
> class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
> didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their
> old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.

I don't have VS2005, but it seems that since VS2003 the great ClassWizard
has been killed :(
I hope they restore it back in some future versions of the IDE...

Giov

-2
7/19/2007 10:09:10 PM
I don't know a lot about vs 6 so I don't know if you can compare it. But when
you ga to a dialog resource, add a control, right click that control and
choose add class you get the class wizard. You can also get a class wizard by
going to the class view, and adding a new class. Then the wizard will pop up.
I don't know if i have answered your question

"Giovanni Dicanio" wrote:

> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Hi,
> >
> > In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add
> > an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
> > class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
> > didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their
> > old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.
>
> I don't have VS2005, but it seems that since VS2003 the great ClassWizard
> has been killed :(
> I hope they restore it back in some future versions of the IDE...
>
> Giov

ctrl-shift-c or View/Class View

Right click a project, choose add...

Is that what you're looking for?

Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

"JD Young" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add
> an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
> class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
> didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their
> old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.
>
> JD

-1
7/19/2007 10:24:02 PM
ClassWizard of VC6 was a different tool, and IMHO a better one...

"Tom Bruyneel" <tombruyneel@freedownloads.be> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I don't know a lot about vs 6 so I don't know if you can compare it. But
>when
> you ga to a dialog resource, add a control, right click that control and
> choose add class you get the class wizard. You can also get a class wizard
> by
> going to the class view, and adding a new class. Then the wizard will pop
> up.
> I don't know if i have answered your question
>
> "Giovanni Dicanio" wrote:
>

>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to
>> > add
>> > an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView
>> > derived
>> > class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document
>> > but
>> > didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find
>> > their
>> > old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.
>>
>> I don't have VS2005, but it seems that since VS2003 the great ClassWizard
>> has been killed :(
>> I hope they restore it back in some future versions of the IDE...
>>
>> Giov

-1
7/19/2007 10:26:25 PM
Hi Mark,

It's close.  But what I want is that a list of events is shown as well and
then user like me can associate a new function with a chosen event.  Studio
then adds the function template in .h and .cpp files which you can extend
its functionality.

JD

"Mark Salsbery" <MarkSalsbery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ctrl-shift-c or View/Class View
>
> Right click a project, choose add...
>
> Is that what you're looking for?
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Salsbery
> Microsoft MVP - Visual C++
>

> "JD Young" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to
>> add
>> an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
>> class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
>> didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find
>> their
>> old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.
>>
>> JD

1
jdt_young (239)
7/19/2007 10:35:03 PM
What's IMHO?

"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanni.dicanio@invalid.it> wrote in message
> ClassWizard of VC6 was a different tool, and IMHO a better one...

> "Tom Bruyneel" <tombruyneel@freedownloads.be> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>I don't know a lot about vs 6 so I don't know if you can compare it. But
>>when
>> you ga to a dialog resource, add a control, right click that control and
>> choose add class you get the class wizard. You can also get a class
>> wizard by
>> going to the class view, and adding a new class. Then the wizard will pop
>> up.
>> I don't know if i have answered your question
>>
>> "Giovanni Dicanio" wrote:
>>

>>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> I don't have VS2005, but it seems that since VS2003 the great
>>> ClassWizard
>>> has been killed :(
>>> I hope they restore it back in some future versions of the IDE...
>>>
>>> Giov

0
jdt_young (239)
7/19/2007 10:36:34 PM
JD Young wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> It's close.  But what I want is that a list of events is shown as well and
> then user like me can associate a new function with a chosen event.  Studio
> then adds the function template in .h and .cpp files which you can extend
> its functionality.

The functions of the VC6 class wizard are now scattered all over hell
and high water in irrational ways that are hard to discover.  Welcome to
the new world.

For control events: Right click on the control in the dialog editor,
pick Add Event Handler

For all possible events: Select the class in class view.  Right click
and pick Properties.  Now review all the buttons at the top of the
Properties window.  It lists messages, controls, virtual functions, etc.
  Click the one you want to add.

--
Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++]

0
Scott
7/19/2007 11:04:02 PM
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> wrote in message
> For all possible events: Select the class in class view.  Right click and
> pick Properties.  Now review all the buttons at the top of the Properties
> window.  It lists messages, controls, virtual functions, etc. Click the
> one you want to add.

And if the buttons for messages and virtual functions are missing, close the
solution, delete the .ncb file and restart it.  No kidding, I had to do
exactly this a couple days ago in our "trusty" VS2005 with SP1 and SP1 for
Vista.  Grrrr..

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
7/19/2007 11:50:05 PM
Thank you, Scott.  I got your message and tried.

JD

"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> wrote in message
> JD Young wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> It's close.  But what I want is that a list of events is shown as well
>> and then user like me can associate a new function with a chosen event.
>> Studio then adds the function template in .h and .cpp files which you can
>> extend its functionality.
>
> The functions of the VC6 class wizard are now scattered all over hell and
> high water in irrational ways that are hard to discover.  Welcome to the
> new world.
>
> For control events: Right click on the control in the dialog editor, pick
> Add Event Handler
>
> For all possible events: Select the class in class view.  Right click and
> pick Properties.  Now review all the buttons at the top of the Properties
> window.  It lists messages, controls, virtual functions, etc. Click the
> one you want to add.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++]

0
jdt_young (239)
7/20/2007 12:00:10 AM
"David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> schrieb:

>"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> wrote in message
>> For all possible events: Select the class in class view.  Right click and
>> pick Properties.  Now review all the buttons at the top of the Properties
>> window.  It lists messages, controls, virtual functions, etc. Click the
>> one you want to add.
>>

>And if the buttons for messages and virtual functions are missing, close the
>solution, delete the .ncb file and restart it.  No kidding, I had to do
>exactly this a couple days ago in our "trusty" VS2005 with SP1 and SP1 for

That was necessary in VC6 too from time to time. IIRC for the same
reason.

0
news9141 (95)
7/20/2007 12:40:24 AM
"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What's IMHO?

In My Humble Opinion
0
news9141 (95)
7/20/2007 12:41:25 AM
I'm with a lot of people here; the VC6 Class Wizard was better than what
Visual Studio 2005 gives us now. There's a lot of stuff we have to do
manually now that the Class Wizard used to be able to do for us. If they
don't bring the Class Wizard back in its old form, the least they could do is
to allow us to easily add events (such as OnInitDialog()) to the dialogue
itself by selecting the dialogue in the dialogue editor, right clicking and
selecting Add Event. Right now, that menu item is greyed out when you do
that. This should also work for classes that are derived, directly or
indirectly, from CDialog. Also, the ability to add events, rather than just
functions and variables, to CDialog-derived classes would be nice in the
Class View, too.

"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote:

> The functions of the VC6 class wizard are now scattered all over hell
> and high water in irrational ways that are hard to discover.  Welcome to
> the new world.
>
> For control events: Right click on the control in the dialog editor,
> pick Add Event Handler
>
> For all possible events: Select the class in class view.  Right click
> and pick Properties.  Now review all the buttons at the top of the
> Properties window.  It lists messages, controls, virtual functions, etc.
>   Click the one you want to add.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++]

0
Rob3660 (422)
7/20/2007 6:44:04 PM
Hi Rob,

It's still pretty easy to add them using ClassView.  After you create a
handler class for the dialog you can simply highlight it in the Class View
window and then click on the "Overrides" button (on the right) on the
properties window.  From there you can add all kinds of functions.  I find
this to be a handy way to add lots of functionality to the dialog code.

Tom

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm with a lot of people here; the VC6 Class Wizard was better than what
> Visual Studio 2005 gives us now. There's a lot of stuff we have to do
> manually now that the Class Wizard used to be able to do for us. If they
> don't bring the Class Wizard back in its old form, the least they could do
> is
> to allow us to easily add events (such as OnInitDialog()) to the dialogue
> itself by selecting the dialogue in the dialogue editor, right clicking
> and
> selecting Add Event. Right now, that menu item is greyed out when you do
> that. This should also work for classes that are derived, directly or
> indirectly, from CDialog. Also, the ability to add events, rather than
> just
> functions and variables, to CDialog-derived classes would be nice in the
> Class View, too.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
7/21/2007 5:31:27 AM
I agree, Tom.  I've gotten myself pretty much used to the new way.  OTOH,
I've been looking for an extensibility project - who would be willing to pay
how much for an add-on class wizard fashioned after 6?  :-)

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rob,
>
> It's still pretty easy to add them using ClassView.  After you create a
> handler class for the dialog you can simply highlight it in the Class View
> window and then click on the "Overrides" button (on the right) on the
> properties window.  From there you can add all kinds of functions.  I find
> this to be a handy way to add lots of functionality to the dialog code.
>
> Tom
>
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm with a lot of people here; the VC6 Class Wizard was better than what
>> Visual Studio 2005 gives us now. There's a lot of stuff we have to do
>> manually now that the Class Wizard used to be able to do for us. If they
>> don't bring the Class Wizard back in its old form, the least they could
>> do is
>> to allow us to easily add events (such as OnInitDialog()) to the dialogue
>> itself by selecting the dialogue in the dialogue editor, right clicking
>> and
>> selecting Add Event. Right now, that menu item is greyed out when you do
>> that. This should also work for classes that are derived, directly or
>> indirectly, from CDialog. Also, the ability to add events, rather than
>> just
>> functions and variables, to CDialog-derived classes would be nice in the
>> Class View, too.

If someone did write one of those my guess is every C++ programmer would buy
one in a heartbeat.  I wouldn't be surprised if some smart person wasn't
working on that sort of thing.

Tom

"BobF" <rNfOrSePeAzMe@charter.net> wrote in message
>I agree, Tom.  I've gotten myself pretty much used to the new way.  OTOH,
>I've been looking for an extensibility project - who would be willing to
>pay how much for an add-on class wizard fashioned after 6?  :-)

0
tom.nospam (3240)
7/21/2007 3:29:17 PM
Having multiple monitors makes this easier too - I personally do all my
editing on one monitor and keep all the handy class, resource, property,
solution, etc. windows arranged on the other monitor.

If they keep adding windows I'll need to go to 3 monitors LOL.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rob,
>
> It's still pretty easy to add them using ClassView.  After you create a
> handler class for the dialog you can simply highlight it in the Class View
> window and then click on the "Overrides" button (on the right) on the
> properties window.  From there you can add all kinds of functions.  I find
> this to be a handy way to add lots of functionality to the dialog code.
>
> Tom

0
Mark
7/21/2007 5:07:55 PM
That's a great tip.  I may just try that as well.

Tom

"Mark Salsbery [MVP]" <MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Having multiple monitors makes this easier too - I personally do all my
> editing on one monitor and keep all the handy class, resource, property,
> solution, etc. windows arranged on the other monitor.
>
> If they keep adding windows I'll need to go to 3 monitors LOL.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

0
tom.nospam (3240)
7/22/2007 6:00:49 AM
Right click on the control and "Add Event Handler".
				joe

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:28:21 -0700, "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In VC++ 6.0, I can get the class wizard by hitting ctrl-C if I want to add
>an event handler (say a mouse down event) to a class (say a CView derived
>class).  What should I do in VS 2005?  I tried to review the document but
>didn't find one that introduces a 6.0 user about where they can find their
>old familiar features.  Your help is much appreciated.
>
>JD

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

How to use the template wizard with office 2003
I have been using the template wizard with data tracking addin for several years for my simple invoicing system. Recently instead of simply updating my software I bought a new computer and installed office 2003 without it being an upgrade to all my previous versions of office; now I cannot get this addin to function:- I run the install (tmplwiz.exe) but it doesnt appear in the addins list. so is there some way to fool the install program into thinking its installing into an earlier version of Office. Cheers Hi The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy...

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

Rule Wizard
I am having a problem with the Rule Wizard, I have setup a autoresponse email with this Apply this rule after the message arrives where my name is in the To box and sent to test-email1 have server reply using Auto - Response and delete it and stop processing more rules But when I try to add the From field I get this error "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." I've tried adding a manager to that folder and...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Sata as IDE on XP drive vs Sata as AHCI on Win 7
I am running a SATA drive enabled in the bios as IDE on my Win XP hard drive. .. If I change BIOS to AHCI when I install Win 7 on my new HD, will I have to go into the BIOS and change back and forth depending on what drive I want to use? Sorry but can not find a Win 7 newsgroup yet. Ron Patterson NO Win7 newsgroup, forum is at: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Ron Patterson" <a.baba@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:_-KdnWTne9YlV4LRnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@earthlink.com... >I am running a SATA drive enabled in the bio...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

error message is sql reporting service 2005
I am new to sql reporting service 2005. I am getting an error message saying the 'command text' property is not 'initialized'. Being a .net programmer, I know the comand text is the sql in text format or a stored procedure is not being accessed. This error occurs after I have setup a report manually and I have changed the stored procedure that is being called or after I have made a modification to the report. Note: when I setup the report format initially myself, the report runs and displays all the data I want to see. Thus, can you make suggestion...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Creating and Destroying a Window in CWinThread Derived Class
Hello, (Using VC++ 6.0) I am extremely frustrated with this and have burned many hours and still no solution. This should be simple. I have created a sample app that does the following: 1) Creates a CWinThread derived class from Class Wizard called SeperateThread. 2) Creates a modeless dialog box on thread initialization 3) Destroys it on ExitInstance() SeperateThread. Problem: ExitInstance() in cannot destroy the window I created just above on thread InitInstance(). Code Snippets: CTestThreaddingJunkDlg.h CSeperateThread ThreadA; declared in the base .h file In CTestThreaddingJun...

Rules Wizard #3
I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out there???............... Check the rule settings. Make SURE that it says delete and not mark as unread. The rules are on, but what is the rule being told to do? >-----Original Message----- >I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook >should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it >just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out >there???............... >. > ...

From vs Send Using
I just reciently switched from outlook express to outlook. In OE when creating an email there was a From: drop down to select the account to select the account when sending emails. I find there is a similar feature in Outlook with the send from button you can add, but is there a way to get the old OE type From: drop down to appear instead? No. Diffferent program, different behaviors. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

Extending the Process class
The System.Diagnostics namespace contains a Process class which defines a static method GetProcesses. GetProcesses returns an array of Process instances of all processes running running on the PC (or another PC). I wish to subclass Process to include an additional property. My problem is with the GetProcesses method. Since its return value is a Process[], I cannot just downcast a Process element to MyProcess to access the my property as well as the ones the Process already defines. Since the fetching of all processes occurs frequently, and the list can be long, I would prefer to...

XML Serialization Vs Breaking Domain/Business Logic Vs Custom Serialization
XML Serialization is a great feature. Recently I've found myself "leveraging" it on some of my classes and spending far too much time altering a class so that it's resultant XML message is in the correct format using XmlAttribute etc Eventually I end up with a who collection of classes with default constructors, writeable properties which should be readonly/Property Sets etc, Typically these would be wrong from an OO point of view if they were in my Domain layer. For example I might have a Person class with a readonly DateOfBirth property, but I'd have to make that w...

Thread Pool Class?
Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? "Don Gurr" <dongurr@REMOVEshaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2do6n.2339$RS6.61@newsfe15.iad... > Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? Have you tried CThreadPool from ATL (I believe it can be used in MFC code as well)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tz6fz1e(VS.80).aspx HTH, Giovanni Thanks, it appears to work. "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message news:Ose%23WA7mKHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Don Gurr"...

Office OSX vs. 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3186326770_903774 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, I have Mac Office for OSX. Any good reason to spend the $ 150 for the Teacher/Student Version to update to the 2004 version. Thanks. Frank --B_3186326770_903774 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office OSX vs. &nbsp;2004</TITLE>...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

VB Validating User or Class
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a VB script that shows me how to validate logged in user or the class I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Hi Magda I have a packge which exposes the toolbar and lets you get the current user id. To get at the class would require you to look up the user id on the SY_User_MSTR table. To do this you would need to use RetrieveGlobals.dll and ADO to send a query to SQL. RetrieveGlobals will also provide the details of the current user id and company. Please have your partner contact me using the address below (remove the online. first) and I can sen...

Web Publishing Wizard
I have installed both Front Page (2002) AND publisher 2000. One of the above programs also installed a nice program called the Web Publishing wizard. Unfortunately, the publishing wizard is broking, and gives following error message: The web publishing wizard cannot run due to the following error: Class not registered Please try re-installing the Wizard and running it Again My problem is I don't know which program installed the wizard! I have tried re-installing both Front Page, and publisher, and the above problem still exists. Further, I did not see the option in either...

Accessing procedures in another class
This is may be a problem of structure. I have a simple dialog application (in VC++ 6.0 using MFC) with - MainFrm class: Processes menu items and toolbar buttons. - xxDoc class: Stores app data and handles serialization. - xxView class: processes the dialogue which is the main window. There is a mechanism for accessing procedures in xxDoc from xxView. i.e. pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); This works ok and I can save and load data from a file into the dialog. What I want is a means to access procedures in xxView from MainFrm. i.e. when a menu item or toolbar button is selecte...

how to instantiate a proxy class that has multiple instances
I have a class built from the following XML: <tag1> <tag2> <tag3 item="1"/> <tag3 item="2"/> </tag2> </tag1> On the client side I can populate tag1 and tag2, but I don't know how to instantiate instances of tag3. I read the values in from external file and I want to keep adding tag3 instances until no more found on input. Hello Doug, According to your description, what you need is to create a XML file which includes multiple instances of Tag3. Please don't heisate to correct me if I misunderstood anything her...

Script the Move Wizard?
Is this possible? So we can feed a list of names to a script and move them from 5.5 to 2003? yes answered my own question http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_samples_movemailbox_adsi_using.asp "jerry cantrell" <undisclosed@earth.net> wrote in message news:OZv9PecfEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? So we can feed a list of names to a script and move them > from 5.5 to 2003? > > > > ...