class wizard belives group box is a button

I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my project,
which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar onto a
dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with ClassWizard,
it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the
group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do i
get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls properties?
Registry?
0
Herbert1 (9)
2/24/2005 2:41:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am not certain how the wizard in VC++ 6.0 handles it ordinarily, but in
fact a group box **is** a button control.  It's not a static control.

See the definition of BS_GROUPBOX at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/buttons/buttonreference/buttonstyles.asp

So the behavior you're seeing seems to make sense.

Mike

"Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
> Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my
project,
> which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
> Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar
onto a
> dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with
ClassWizard,
> it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the
> group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do
> get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
> Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls properties?
> Registry?

Wow! I didn't recognize that for years! You are absolutely right! Thanks a
lot.

By the way, youd don't know a tool to convert a huge project from VC6.0 to
VC7.0, do you?

"Michael K. O'Neill" wrote:

> I am not certain how the wizard in VC++ 6.0 handles it ordinarily, but in
> fact a group box **is** a button control.  It's not a static control.
>
> See the definition of BS_GROUPBOX at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/buttons/buttonreference/buttonstyles.asp
>
> So the behavior you're seeing seems to make sense.
>
> Mike
>

> "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
> > Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my
> project,
> > which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
> > Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar
> onto a
> > dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with
> ClassWizard,
> > it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the
> > group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do
> > get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
> > Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls properties?
> > Registry?

0
Herbert1 (9)
2/24/2005 4:13:03 PM
I do.  It's called VC7.0.  Just open the 6.0 project and VC7.0 will convert
for you.  Of course, there sometimes is some manual massaging you'll have to
do (in some cases) to get it to compile due to standards changes.  That can
be tricky.  But most of my old vc6.0 projects convert just fine.

Shawn

> Wow! I didn't recognize that for years! You are absolutely right! Thanks a
> lot.
>
> By the way, youd don't know a tool to convert a huge project from VC6.0 to
> VC7.0, do you?
>
> "Michael K. O'Neill" wrote:
>
>> I am not certain how the wizard in VC++ 6.0 handles it ordinarily, but in
>> fact a group box **is** a button control.  It's not a static control.
>>
>> See the definition of BS_GROUPBOX at
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/buttons/buttonreference/buttonstyles.asp
>>
>> So the behavior you're seeing seems to make sense.
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
>> > Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my
>> project,
>> > which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
>> > Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar
>> onto a
>> > dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with
>> ClassWizard,
>> > it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that
>> > the
>> > group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How
>> > do
>> > get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
>> > Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls
>> > properties?
>> > Registry?

0
shawn.fox (4)
2/24/2005 7:00:14 PM
Not surprising, because a group box IS a button (no, I have no clue as to why...something
left over from WIndows 1.0, perhaps).  So why does it matter that it is a button control
(for example, I use control variables like this to disable the group box when all the
controls inside are being disabled). There is no reason to "teach" MSVC++ that the group
box is a static, because it is NOT a static, it IS a button.

The definition file of the standard windows controls and their properties is somewhere in
the Windows source in Redmond, Washington. However, they are DOCUMENTED in the standard
VC++/MSDN documentation.
				joe

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:41:04 -0800, "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
>Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my project,
>which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
>Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar onto a
>dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with ClassWizard,
>it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the
>group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do i
>get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
>Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls properties?
>Registry?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
2/25/2005 12:22:32 AM
Joseph,

you are absolutely right! I usually use GetDlgItem for the CWnd Methods of a
group box. In this case the first time ever, I defined the group box as a
member to modify in runtime.

Additionally, I tried to use a component one activeX control on the same
dialog immediately before. This control brought my whole studio to crash
several times until I removed it again. After that, I thought that something
was somehow modified when ClassWizard showed CButton for the group box.

I learned: group box is a button control. I don't question: why?

Herbert

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> Not surprising, because a group box IS a button (no, I have no clue as to why...something
> left over from WIndows 1.0, perhaps).  So why does it matter that it is a button control
> (for example, I use control variables like this to disable the group box when all the
> controls inside are being disabled). There is no reason to "teach" MSVC++ that the group
> box is a static, because it is NOT a static, it IS a button.
>
> The definition file of the standard windows controls and their properties is somewhere in
> the Windows source in Redmond, Washington. However, they are DOCUMENTED in the standard
> VC++/MSDN documentation.
> 				joe
>
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:41:04 -0800, "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I use MS Visual C++, Version 6.0.
> >Since I tried to use a component one number control (ActiveX) in my project,
> >which brought the whole Studio 6.0 to crash, i see a strange behaviour.
> >Whenever I drag and drop a group box control from the controls toolbar onto a
> >dialog resource and then try to define a control variable with ClassWizard,
> >it is handled as a button control. How can I re-teach my MSVC++ that the
> >group box is a static, not a button? Any help would be appreciated. How do i
> >get rid of the component one control icon in the control toolbar?
> >Where is the definition file of the standard windows controls properties?
> >Registry?
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Herbert1 (9)
2/25/2005 7:57:01 AM
Shawn,

I tried that already. I got several hundred errors and couldn't remove it
within a couple of days. Therefore, I still use VC6.0.

"Shawn D Fox" wrote:

> I do.  It's called VC7.0.  Just open the 6.0 project and VC7.0 will convert
> for you.  Of course, there sometimes is some manual massaging you'll have to
> do (in some cases) to get it to compile due to standards changes.  That can
> be tricky.  But most of my old vc6.0 projects convert just fine.
>
> Shawn
>

> "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Wow! I didn't recognize that for years! You are absolutely right! Thanks a
> > lot.
> >
> > By the way, youd don't know a tool to convert a huge project from VC6.0 to
> > VC7.0, do you?
> >
> > "Michael K. O'Neill" wrote:
> >
> >> I am not certain how the wizard in VC++ 6.0 handles it ordinarily, but in
> >> fact a group box **is** a button control.  It's not a static control.
> >>
> >> See the definition of BS_GROUPBOX at
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/buttons/buttonreference/buttonstyles.asp
> >>
> >> So the behavior you're seeing seems to make sense.
> >>
> >> Mike
> >>

> >> "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> project,
> >> onto a
> >> ClassWizard,

0
Herbert1 (9)

How to use the template wizard with office 2003
I have been using the template wizard with data tracking addin for several years for my simple invoicing system. Recently instead of simply updating my software I bought a new computer and installed office 2003 without it being an upgrade to all my previous versions of office; now I cannot get this addin to function:- I run the install (tmplwiz.exe) but it doesnt appear in the addins list. so is there some way to fool the install program into thinking its installing into an earlier version of Office. Cheers Hi The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy...

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

How to display bitmap on Button.
Hello, I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons and respective action is taken. But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button. So how to display bitmap on that button. Help me. Try this: void CMyDlg::SetBitmap(UINT nIDResource) { CBitmap bmp; bmp.LoadBitmap(nIDResource); m_btnMyButton.SetBitmap(HBITMAP(bmp)); } Call the function with the ID of your bitmaps, eg. SetBitmap(IDB_THE_BITMAP); HTH, Guido atul wrote: > Hello, > I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons > and respectiv...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Bound Column in Combo Box
Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start to enter the text with autofill to select an item in either column for the parameter for a report. If it is possible, how would the [FORMS] be attached to the 2 separate fields in the query. carl Combo boxes can only have one bound column. You may need to use two combos. Steve "Carl" wrote: > Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo > box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start > to enter the ...

Rule Wizard
I am having a problem with the Rule Wizard, I have setup a autoresponse email with this Apply this rule after the message arrives where my name is in the To box and sent to test-email1 have server reply using Auto - Response and delete it and stop processing more rules But when I try to add the From field I get this error "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." I've tried adding a manager to that folder and...

Combo Box/Relationship Help
I have 3 tables that will be related on two different fields: tblPackaging & tblPackaging_Materials on chrMaster_Case tblPackaging_Materials.lngzPallet_Diagram_Index & tblPallet_Diagram.idsPalletImageID I want lngzPallet_Diagram_Index to auto-populate based on the chosen Master Case. I also need to be able to use the same Master Case for several different items. Can someone help me out with this? tia, pls disregard this post. question correctly stated in abone post. "tasha" wrote: > I have 3 tables that will be related on two different fields...

You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM
Hello NG My CRM Server (Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition ENG) is already added to the Domain and i'm logged as Domain Administrator. Everytime, when i want to install MS CRM i got this message... "You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM" What's wrong? Thanks �zg�r Aytekin (MCSD .NET, MCDBA) www.dotnetcracks.com www.dotnetcracks.com/forum Dear Interested, I am using Windows XP. I tried to set up Microsoft CRM. �You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM. Make sure that this computer is joined to the Domain...

Group Policy Auditing
Guys, Does anyone have any suggestion for how I can monitor my GPO. I would like to know who created it, when created, what changes were made to existing policies, etc. I'm using windows 2003 sp2 Howdie! On 17.06.2010 21:56, Nik wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestion for how I can monitor my GPO. > I would like to know who created it, when created, what changes were > made to existing policies, etc. > I'm using windows 2003 sp2 There's this read-to-use product called AGPM that does version control, change tracking and versioning on GPOs. AGPM is ...

Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar
How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? It ispossible also to assign web link on Option button? Thanks for your help. Rechie There are two places to put text with the Option button from the Forms toolbar. 1. The caption - it shows on the right of the control. 2. Right click, Format Control:Web tab:Alternative Text "Rechie" <Rechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A11AEE-5B90-4A8C-B4A3-F820D33934F7@microsoft.com... > How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? > It ispossible also to assign web li...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

choice selection button in a cell
Hi, I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu that appears against a cell when data validation method is used. Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell. Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about achieving the same ? my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in xls. -- jkkumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

update toolbar button immediately(fix)
Env: VC++6.00 and MFC Define ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 as ID of one of a toolbar button in a CView based app. and define functions. BOOL m_bToolbatBtn1; ON_COMMAND(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1, OnToolbarBtn1) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 , OnUpdateToolbarBtn1); void CMyView::OnToolbarBtn1() { m_bToolbatBtn1^= TRUE; } void CMyView::OnUpdateToolbarBtn1(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(m_bToolbatBtn1); } void CMyView::OnBtn2() { //to set OnToolbarBtn1 unchecked when mydlg is opened, I try to set m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE here. if ( m_bToolbatBtn1) m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE; CMyDlg dlg; d...

List Box Example
I am trying to find a simple example of a list box. When I open a form and drop down a list of customers, I would like to see "Add New" at the beginning of the listing if the customer isn't there. Then the form for adding the customer would popup. As I hav it now, if the customer isn't there, then you have to close the current screen go back to the menu and go to a customer database and add them. I would like to elimated so many extra steps. Any simple example would help for a reference. I have search google with no success over the past two weeks Thank you in advance f...

how to change width of label box in pie chart
In EXCEL 2003 (but all versions have given this problem) When making a pie chart with long label names & especially when including other data, (%, & values) the names wrap part to next line. Is there a fix to make the label box wider? The label width is controlled only by Excel, and you can't do much about it. You could use a textbox instead, but it will not move with the pie wedge. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "me@rrc" <me@rrc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5CB...

Showing only % of group in Pivot Chart
Hi, In a Pivot Table, I'm using a field named "CBU" in my row area, which has item values of "HP" and "AC". In my column area, I'm using a date period. The data area has quantity, which I've converted to show % of row, which naturally gives me the percent breakdown that AC and HP represent out of the total. My problem is, in an associated Pivot Chart, I only want to see the percent of total that HP represents - I don't want to see AC. My reason for this is that I'd like to see this HP percent of total by another attribute - a "CHANNEL...

Cascading Combo Box Help
I know there are several threads on this already, but I don't seem to understand them (maybe due to lack of sleep). But anyway, I have a form, and all works well on the form except my combo boxes. I have three right now that need a fixin'. One combo box is Chapter Name, the next is Chapter Section and the third is Chapter Sub-section. I also have a table called lookupChapterDetails ( a lookup table) that contains all of the data to be used in these combo boxes. Now my question is, when I select a chapter in Chapter Name, how do I get the other combo boxes to populate accordingly...

win i delate an email from the in box the outlook restart it self
im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the in box the programe (the outlook) restart it self or shut down ' plz help me what it can be th e proplem What version of Outlook are you using? Also, have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file? A post of the details of the error might be nice also. "azmi" <azmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C123E2A-CDBA-47EB-B77F-C9A39128D5E3@microsoft.com... > im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the > in > box > the programe (the outl...

Grouping in a Pivot Table
I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related information. I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection. I have used this feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this time. Help! Most often it has to do with having blank cells or text mixed in with your dates. Check out this link. Once you have changed all of your items into dates you may have to refresh your pivot table twice before you will be able to group by dates. http://www...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...