class diagram

I have a short program that is just a class derived from CDialog.

I was told to make a class diagram from it.

Is it customary to include CWnd, CCmdTarget, and CObject on such
diagrams?

Also, is there any way to have VC++ or some other program automatically
generate such diagrams?

Thank you.

0
bob8587 (17)
6/7/2006 6:13:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Bob,

Yes you would include all the parent classes in your class diagram (I'm
assuming your'e using UML?) as that will show the inheritance stuff

I'm not sure about programs but I know of one documentation tool called
DOxygen which also generates simple class diagrams in the documentation of
your classes. Not sure if that's sufficient, or whether you actually need to
show all the attributes, functions etc in your class diagram

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

Hope this helps,
Isabella

"bob@coolgroups.com" wrote:

> I have a short program that is just a class derived from CDialog.
>
> I was told to make a class diagram from it.
>
> Is it customary to include CWnd, CCmdTarget, and CObject on such
> diagrams?
>
> Also, is there any way to have VC++ or some other program automatically
> generate such diagrams?
>
> Thank you.

0
Isa (36)

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

how do I use MFC data member from a concrete C++ class from a COM interface
Hello I have created a new thread because the subject is somewhat different. I use a C# asp.net webbapplication which call different COM object using the defined COM interface for each concrete C++ class. So at the bottom I have a OpenDS method located in the concrete C++ class CHandle_DS. This method is also define at the IHandle_DS COM interface. Here is the sequence for my new design for the new concrete C++ object 1. I create a concrete C++ class from C# asp.net like this CHande_DS handle_ds = new Handle_DS(); This works perfect. 2. I call OpenDS like this handle_ds.OpenDS(); ...

MFC class wizard and IDISPATCH
Hello In ATL projects wizard give us a chance to add class with Idispatch(Dual). In MFC add class wizard, there is an option for Automation but this cause to add dispintarface. Also activex control projects add interfaces with dispintarface which means user can only use late-binding. Mayeb this may performance problems. I am not sure? Is there a special reason to doesn't have an option for dual interface in MFC project wizards..? If we want to use dual interfaces in ou project, what must we do? Just manual edit? Thanks.. I think that if you want a more "COM-centric" ap...

Classes gone from class list
Why might some of my classes dissappear from the Class View in VS2005? I am also getting error 2079 for some classes that were fine half an hour ago and still exist in the Class View window. The header and cpp files for the missing and broken classes are included in my project. Everything was fine until about half an hour ago - I added 1 pure virtual operation to a base class and a concrete method to 9 subclasses, (I think this is irrelevant!) and half of the classes are now missing and I can't use the others. The method was called SortList() and calls a list sort operation specifi...

Using .NET XmlDocument Class, How to use a xpath expression on xml document which has a default namespace

Nested class using MFC
Hello! I'm using a COM Dll and a COM client that I have copied from a book. This COM dll is using MFC and the COM client exe file is also using MFC. I have removed some code just to make it easier to figure out my problem. The code that I have removed does't affect the question in any way. In the code you have one interface called IVisual you have it below. struct IVisual : public IUnknown { STDMETHOD_(void, Display) () = 0; }; As you know in Interface IUnknown are there three pure virtual functiones named QueryInterface, AddRef and Release. The functions QueryInterface, AddRef...

class + class-name ?
This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know it! In a code there was a line like : class Doc; ..... what does this do when you only use keyword "clas" and then a calss-name ? Thanks in advance, It is a forward declaration. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclang/html/_pluslang_elaborated_type_specifiers.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evc$zXHuEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This question may look silly but anyhow I have to know i...

Creating and Destroying a Window in CWinThread Derived Class
Hello, (Using VC++ 6.0) I am extremely frustrated with this and have burned many hours and still no solution. This should be simple. I have created a sample app that does the following: 1) Creates a CWinThread derived class from Class Wizard called SeperateThread. 2) Creates a modeless dialog box on thread initialization 3) Destroys it on ExitInstance() SeperateThread. Problem: ExitInstance() in cannot destroy the window I created just above on thread InitInstance(). Code Snippets: CTestThreaddingJunkDlg.h CSeperateThread ThreadA; declared in the base .h file In CTestThreaddingJun...

Extending the Process class
The System.Diagnostics namespace contains a Process class which defines a static method GetProcesses. GetProcesses returns an array of Process instances of all processes running running on the PC (or another PC). I wish to subclass Process to include an additional property. My problem is with the GetProcesses method. Since its return value is a Process[], I cannot just downcast a Process element to MyProcess to access the my property as well as the ones the Process already defines. Since the fetching of all processes occurs frequently, and the list can be long, I would prefer to...

Thread Pool Class?
Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? "Don Gurr" <dongurr@REMOVEshaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2do6n.2339$RS6.61@newsfe15.iad... > Can anyone recommend a good thread pool class? Have you tried CThreadPool from ATL (I believe it can be used in MFC code as well)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tz6fz1e(VS.80).aspx HTH, Giovanni Thanks, it appears to work. "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message news:Ose%23WA7mKHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Don Gurr"...

Can't code a css class that makes a span element the same size as a button element
I want a page where there are buttons all the same size. No problem there. But I also have a type="text" with some text in front. I'd like that combination to be the same size as the buttons. So I put them into to a scan element and applied the same css class to the scan as the buttons have. That didn't work so I modified the code a little as shown below and that does not work either. So I put together the test sample shown below and that does not produce a symetriacl layout. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks <%@ Page Title=&q...

VB Validating User or Class
Hi, Does anyone have an example of a VB script that shows me how to validate logged in user or the class I would greatly appreciate. Thanks. Hi Magda I have a packge which exposes the toolbar and lets you get the current user id. To get at the class would require you to look up the user id on the SY_User_MSTR table. To do this you would need to use RetrieveGlobals.dll and ADO to send a query to SQL. RetrieveGlobals will also provide the details of the current user id and company. Please have your partner contact me using the address below (remove the online. first) and I can sen...

Accessing procedures in another class
This is may be a problem of structure. I have a simple dialog application (in VC++ 6.0 using MFC) with - MainFrm class: Processes menu items and toolbar buttons. - xxDoc class: Stores app data and handles serialization. - xxView class: processes the dialogue which is the main window. There is a mechanism for accessing procedures in xxDoc from xxView. i.e. pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); This works ok and I can save and load data from a file into the dialog. What I want is a means to access procedures in xxView from MainFrm. i.e. when a menu item or toolbar button is selecte...

how to instantiate a proxy class that has multiple instances
I have a class built from the following XML: <tag1> <tag2> <tag3 item="1"/> <tag3 item="2"/> </tag2> </tag1> On the client side I can populate tag1 and tag2, but I don't know how to instantiate instances of tag3. I read the values in from external file and I want to keep adding tag3 instances until no more found on input. Hello Doug, According to your description, what you need is to create a XML file which includes multiple instances of Tag3. Please don't heisate to correct me if I misunderstood anything her...

When Does a Class Definition not Define a Class?
I have code that has been working for many years and I've been modifying it. I made some changes today and added a new module and started getting weird errors and isolated it to the following. One of my header files declares two classes: CBinEditView and CSavePosition. Following the two declarations, I added the following: #ifndef CBinEditView #error CBinEditView not defined #endif #ifndef CSavePosition #error CSavePosition not defined #endif For reasons I don't understand, the first error is displayed. My declaration for CBinEditView has been working for years. I copied the name ...

WMI class to fetch File Share Witness property of CCR cluster
Hi All, I came to know that PowerShell cmdlet to fetch File Share Witness property exists only from Windows 2008 R2 onwards. In which case, is there any WMI class through with I can fetch this property prior to windows 2008 servers ? Regards, Shivaraj ...

How can I PostMessage(WM_USER) to COleControl derived class from a global function?
I am writing a COleControlModule application and I am trying to PostMessage(...) from a global function into the COleControl message queue. The problem is that if I us AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_USER+1, 0, 0); it will "go" to the container and not the control How can I reference the control class to do this Below, I've listed some pseudo code to illustrate my indent Please, provide any suggestions, hints, tips,... anything that can point me to a solution Thank you ////////////////////CUserApp.h///////////////////////////////// class CUserApp : public COleControlModul pu...

No MFC classes in Class Wizard
I'm adding some MFC code to a console app project that didn't have it before. I created an empty MFC console project and migrated its skeleton around my original app, including the headers in StdAfx.h, the WinApp and _tmain in the main source file, and the project settings in the dsp file. Everything compiles fine. The problem is that when I select New Class in the IDE, I don't get MFC classes as an option. What is the IDE looking for that allows it to give me an MFC class list? Is there a magic binary file that does that? Among other things like different dependencies, dif...

MOSS classes for GP 10.0?
Hello: I need to learn as much as I can about Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and specifically on how it relates to GP 10.0. I have e-mailed people at MBS University, but they are not being forthcoming with information on MOSS classes. I am interested primarily in online rather than in classroom-style classes. Does anyone know if there are any classes out there in MOSS for GP 10.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s Generally, you should start with Microsoft.com for getting trained on technology that is not specific to MBS applications. Here's a link to an online course I foun...

function used by more than one class
What's the best MFC way to handle a function that two or three different classes call? To this point, I sometimes have put the same function in each class; at other times I call the function through a pointer or series of pointers to a class and its function. There are a couple methods. One is the notion of a "singleton" class that provides the support. I usually find this to be overkill. It's one of those ideas that says "Object-oriented programming is so good that an alternative doesn't need to exist", and actually seems to produce more complex systems as ...

why is this class abstract?!
i have looked all over this class and cant figure out why its abstract. below are the header files for it. the first one is a regular class called CCeFileFilterSite, which is derived from an interface called ICeFileFilterSite (it's header file is below the CCeFileFilterSite header file) which is derrived from IUnknown. i've been looking at this code for days and cant figure out why CCeFileFilterSite is abstract. thanks for any help you can give me, edward CCeFileFilterSite header file: #pragma once #include "ICeFileFilterSite.h" class CCeFileFilterSite : public ICeFileF...

how to use a common class in different projects
newb starting to learn dotnet (vbnet 2008 express - and c#express) I have a few projects i'm working on I have a utility class that i thought i'd use in different projects, for example to log debug notes to file to track runtime status and other general utility functions. so i moved it from the project folder into it's own folder "common" (naturally since i moved it the project cant' find it anymore...which is what i expected) so i put it back into the project by draging from explorer into the vbnet ide I thought it would then reference that file locatio...

anyAttribute in base classes
Does any know how to tell xsd.exe (or Xmlserialize or Xmldeserialize) not to read/write the "xsi:*" type attributes for complex classes that inherit from other complex classes since after the first Serialization and subsequent Deserialization in which a base class has the anyAttribute element the Object Model will have an attribute created for an element that is for the xsi:* complex type: thereafter, the XML instance document will not parse since there are two attributes with xsi:*. For example, if the XML schema has a complex type called "A" in which there is the anyAttri...

XmlSerializer Class by Class
Hello I have an hieraquical structure that i can XMLSerialize. Because of perfomace it will be better to serialize node by node like i do when i Deserialize that i can read one node with XMLTextReader and can Deserialize to the refered object. I have tryed to do this with serializem but when i do XMLSerialize i cannot insert any tag in the root element. There is any way to do that ??? I don't want to get the all structure in memory and in the end dump that to a file, i want to dump the data node by node. Any one can help me ??? tkx in advance (()) Paulo Aboim Pinto Portugal ...