CInternetFile::GetLength() returns incorrect file length.

Using GetLength() on a CInternetFile returned by
CFtpConnection::OpenFile returns an incorrect value.

I got arround this using

CFtpFileFind::FindFile
CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile
CFtpFileFind::GetLength

Is this a known bug (design feature)?

Further info:

Adding a delay between OpenFile and GetLength returns a
slightly larger file size but only upto a max size of 8192
bytes.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Return a number in one cell to long hand text in another.
Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D9B8E3-3D66-4EA0-9184-57762BD663D6@microsoft.com... > Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Go to Google and search the newsgroups for "spell number" On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:07:02 -0700, "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents ...

return values
When called by another app via ShellExecute do Outlook and OE return a value when the email is despatched? If so how does the calling app retrieve that value? Thanks to anyone who can provide me with this information. R I'm not 100% sure but I'd say no since ShellExecute typically only returns a value once upon termination of the called application. "Reg" <Reg@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:xP6Mf.154506$vH5.1364648@news.xtra.co.nz... > When called by another app via ShellExecute do Outlook and OE return a > value > when the email is despatched? >...

Find File
I am trying to open an .xls file that I created a few weeks ago - that is listed within a folder. When I click to open I get a message that it can't be found. It is listed within a folder, size 195 KB - it seems like it should be there. Any suggestions on how to open or find? Are you trying to open it from within Excel - File Open, or are you trying to open it from eg Explorer -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "LC in Boston" wrote: > I am trying to open an .xls file that I created a few weeks ago - that is > listed within a folder. When I click to ...

Trouble saving files on Windows fileshares with Word or Excel 2008

File i/o
In my code I'm trying to open a file: ifstream Openfile("config1", ios::out); I get these errors: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Creating\Second\secondDlg.cpp(242) : error C2065: 'ifstream' : undeclared identifier C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Creating\Second\secondDlg.cpp(242) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Openfile' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Creating\Second\secondDlg.cpp(242) : error C2065: 'Openfile' : undeclared identifier C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Crea...

Transferring Dialog/resources/files from one project to another.
Hi, I am in the process of writing an MFC dialog app. I would like to use a couple of dialogs that i created in another VC++ 6.0 MFC Dialog project. I am having difficulty copying these from one project to another. I have tried to copy the .rc file and resource.h file into my application but i am finding this does not import the dialogs that i want. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards Macca U�ytkownik "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:F799F0BB-B9D9-4267-9F14-0B9EC8DFA860@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am in the process of...

pfbackup for PST files
I successfully downloaded the pfbackup utility from the Microsoft Office website, but am having some problems getting it to work. I have searched the web and newsgroups, but have not been able to find a definitive answer to whether the pfbackup utility will run under a normal user account (that is, one with _no_ admin rights). Does pfbackup _require_ the user to run with administrator rights (i.e. part of administrators group)? There is nothing in the pfbackup documentation that lists this requirement. I have a number of networked computers running Windows XP Pro and either Office/Outlook 20...

Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64
Hi, Recently, I have found that I am unable to add or remove video files to or from Windows Media Player on Windows 7 Professional x64. The main issue I have is with adding new .MP4 files. I can still add and remove music files to and from Windows Media Player. I have set up all my folder permissions correctly. I have added all the relevant files to my Videos Library. Windows Media Player can still play .MP4 files. It is the default player for this format. My full system specs. are included below. Thank you. -- BadHead :) -- OS: Windows 7 Professional (6...

Duplicate Returns
Hello All, I need help. I made a query using two tables: prodform(which has 526 records) and analysis(which has 480 records). The tables are joined by the fieldname Product Name. When I ran the table I noticed duplicate entries, not to mention a return of 1179 records. Is there a way to sort/filter the query as to not return duplicates. Thanks LA -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200709/1 misschanda wrote: >Hello All, >I need help. I made a query using two tables: prodform(which has 526 records) >and analysis(wh...

Sending file as an attachment
Excel has a function to send the file as and attachment and it will automatically bring up a new email message with the file attached. I have one computer on the network here that seems to have everything set up just fine, but when trying that function in excel, instead of bringing up a new email message, it goes to the internet connection wizare and wants to set up an email account?????? Hi Lbeck Close Excel Excel use the mail program that is in Internet options(Programs tab) on the control panel Try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl ...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

return string
I have a function like this ============= bool Table::Get(char* FieldName, char* FieldValue) and I call the function like the follow ============= while(!tbl.ISEOF()) { char id2[300]; if(tbl.Get("program",id2)) cout<<"program:"<<id2<<endl; else { tbl.GetErrorErrStr(ErrStr); cout<<"\n"<<ErrStr<<"\n"; break; } } above I passed in a char pointer (char*) - FieldValue and use it just like a return value. but it seem not efficient as each time i initialize a char array of [300] characters. but some string ...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Hundreds of log files!!!
Hello I've finnally managed to set up my first exchange 2003 server. But now I have a problem: something is generating log text files by the dozen! It appears to be one per message, althought I haven't been able to confirm this. In one night I got 1.5 GB of logs... How do I stop this? Any help appreciated They sound like your transaction log files. The correct way to purge them is to perform a full online backup of Exchange using an Exchange-aware backup program; the backup will then purge the committed log files. Certainly, it is not recommended to manually remove them. -...

Open Excel files/folders
I am using Micrsoft Excel 2000 When I click on the Open icon, the Open box pops up. It automatically highlights the first excel file in the directory I am in. All of the folders listed before the Excel file are to the left. I have to use the scroll bar to scroll left and find the file folder I need at that time. In almost all instances, I need a folder instead of a file. Is there a way to get Excel to default to highlighting the first folder upon Open instead of the first Excel file? The first thing I do is click on that icon to the far left to show details in that dialog. Then I can ...

Returning a blank cell (if statement)
If the criteria is not met using the IF function, how do I get a blank cell? TIA You can't get a blank cell--it'll contain the formula itself. But you could make it look like it's blank: =if(a1>7,"ok","") Dan wrote: > > If the criteria is not met using the IF function, how do I get a blank cell? > > TIA -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:iiNeb.23880$ev2.5081984@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > If the criteria is not met using the IF function, how do I get a blank cell...

[help please!] Extract selected data from html files using keywords?
Hi, I would like to keep some selected data in an Excel cell that is available between two keywords in an internet html page (to be downloaded by excel). For instance : Inside the html file, there is the following text : --- Number : 1258622 Sector : electric Net : 8.2 --- So I would like Excel to search between the keyword "Number" and "Sector" and keep the data "1258622" in a cell. Many thanks in advance for any help, ;-) Tid These lines are all in one cell? If yes, then this worked ok for me (assumes A1 contains the text): =--REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,SEARC...

creation of mailing list in Publisher using already created Excel file
Iam trying to create a mailing list in Publisher and it wants me to manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publisher. Can anyone help? Thanks Brian Help > Mail Merge. Would be good place to start. -- John G <brianmcgaha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165281212.680383.15900@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Iam trying to create a mailing list in Publisher and it wants me to > manually enter addresses. I have an Excel file with all addresses in > it. I cant find a way to import the file to Publishe...

How to enforce the system returned messages to be Englisg language
Dear all, I installed Exchange 2003 SP2 in Win2003 sp1, all are English version,but when I sent a wrong address and then got a system returned message, some information is Chinese, I would like them to be all English, How could I reach this target? In server, Contraol Panel->Regional Settings->Location, I set it as "China", is it the reason? Any help would be appreciated! -- Jobsz ...

Quicken Personal 2002 files
Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia editions) It's not clear if it will or not. Generally converting international editions is more "dicey." -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:bfa9g2$v9k$1@austar-news.austar.net.au... > Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken > Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia edition...

Unable to Read File #12
I've recently begun receiving error message "Unable to Read File" when trying to open a password protected file. I am able to open the Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr files without problem, but not the May file. Thinking it was a fluke, I spent a half-day yesterday creating a June file, but returned, tried to open yesterday's file, and got the same error message. I have now received the error message on two files (May and June), basically eliminating the possibliity of a random fluke. From reading the Microsoft Knowledge Base, it appears that this may be a known problem. Does...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

BUG REPORT: CStdioFile::GetLength() and unix-style text files
Not sure if this is the best place to report this or not. If we should be sending this elsewhere, please notify and we'll do that. We've discovered that when reading unix-style text files (i.e. files using LF to terminate lines instead of CR LF), CStdioFile::GetLength() can cause problems. Specifically, during the below read loop, the call to CStdioFile::GetLength() appears to disturb the file pointer at times, causing it to backup in the file to previously read content. CStdioFile fp; fp.Open("file",CFile::modeRead); CString line; while (fp.ReadString(line)) { // do...

PST file #2
Hello, I recently backed up my personal .pst to move from my work computer to my home computer. When I try to open the .pst at home, I get the message "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file d:\backup.pst." Is there someway I can get my e-mail? I no longer have access to my previous Outlook account on my work computer. Thanks, Allan Did you burn a CD? If so, you need to copy the PST file to the hard drive, and then remove the read-only file attribute. Allan Brown wrote: > Hello, > > I recently backed up my personal .pst t...

CString::GetLength error
Howdy, I'm having a problem with CString. Rarely but too often, GetLength returns the wrong length. A recent example is a CString "OR" returned a length of 0xDD000002. As you could guess, this caused Serialize to have a heartattack. Has anyone seen this kind of problem before and have an idea of the cause and of a solution? -- Frank Perry LavaLeaf Software Frank Perry wrote: > Howdy, > > I'm having a problem with CString. Rarely but too often, GetLength returns > the wrong length. A recent example is a CString "OR" returned...