CHtmlView fails

I'm using MFC 7.0 CHtmlView to get a IHTMLDocument to dynamicly display HTML
content, the problem is that on my test computer (Windows 2000, Internet
Explorer 5.00.3700.1000) method put_innerHTML fails. It works fine with
Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6. Could someone please explain how to make
my code compatible with older versions of IE.

The code which displays HTML content

void CTapiCapsView::OnTapiCapsUpdate(const string& html)
{
    IHTMLDocument2* doc = NULL;
    IHTMLElement* body = NULL;
    IDispatch* dispatch = GetHtmlDocument();
    if (dispatch)
    {
        HRESULT hr = dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument2,
(void**)&doc);
        dispatch->Release();
    }
    if (doc)
    {
        doc->get_body(&body);
        doc->Release();
    }
    if (body)
    {
        CString x(html.c_str());
        body->put_innerHTML(x.AllocSysString());
        body->Release();
    }
}

Andrius �ukys
andrius@elitnet.lt

0
andrius (1)
4/26/2004 4:57:58 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Manual archive failed to work
I want to manually archive e-mails in my Personal Folders- Inbox and Sent Items subfolders. I have Auto Archive turned OFF for all Personal Folders Subfolders. My Inbox and Sent Items folders are very large and I want to copy everything in them prior to 01/01/2009 to the Same Folder Names in the Archive Folders and have them deleted from the Personal Folders. When I execute the manual archive nothing happens. I have been selecting Archive from the File Menu, then clicking the Archive this folder and all subfolders button, then selecting Inbox (under Personal Foldres) in the list,...

Build fails for setup project
Hi I added a setup project to a winform vb.net app which otherwise builds fine. Once the setup project is added to the solution, however, the build fails with the following error; Unrecoverable build error As there does not seem to be much information I can't figure what the problem is. What can I do from here to fix this to get deployment package? Thanks Regards Did you already try the other advice I gave you. You sit behind your screen, giving us the information "Unable to build" tells nothing, it is a VB.Net application. You won't believe ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client installation fails
We're having problems with installing the Outlook Client on a machine with Windows XP Pro (fully updated), SQL Express 2005 (fully updated) and Office 2007 (fully updated). The machine had another user on it who has left the company and we're re-deploying the machine. Unfortunately, we did *not* delete CRM for Outlook from the machine before deleting the previous User from the box. Any ideas on what is preventing us from a successful installation and how we might continue? Here's the error log from the installation: === Logging started: 4/8/2009 8:21:37 === Action 8:2...

FRx failed to launch
when launching FRx 6.7, the FRx screen blink for a short while (appear/disappear), but the login screen never shown up. pls advice. ...

CHtmlView and OnChar
I created an SDI app with CHtmlView as my view class, but cannot recieve WM_CHAR messages, or any keyboard or mouse messages for that matter. I tried routing them thru both the View and Main Frame class but it still doesn't work. Could someone please tell me if there is a way to use these messages with CHtmlView. Thanks in advance. Trap WM_CHAR in PreTranslate method. This particuler ActiveX control that is hosted in CHTMLView does not work as you expect with PreTranslateMessage or trapping WM_CHAR etc. There are couple of ways to do this. One is to automate the control and li...

ATIL Control Panel Failed to Initalize
[image: http://i50.tinypic.com/20tggbd.png] It says in System Information Display Name "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series". Not sure what to do. -- Sefket ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sefket's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225906.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1341796.htm http://forums.techarena.in "Sefket" <Sefket.4bpfpb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Sefket.4bpfpb@DoNotSpam.com... > > [image: http://i50.tinypic.com/20tggbd.png] &g...

Operation Failed. Object Cannot Be Found.
Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a manual send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Receive Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The operation failed. The object cannot be found." My email goes through GoDaddy's hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue and they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all means, but all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about Outlook 2000...and other suggestions that are ...

Calling SSRS web services via .NET is failing
Hi, Server specs: Windows Server 2003 SP2, R2; SSRS 2005 SP 3 I have a ssrs report that has one parameter, Company, presented as a drop down box. User selects a company, and runs the report, it works great! Now, there are 235 companies in the drop down box..... So instead of the users running it manually for each Company, I wrote a .NET app that once a month, loops through each company that would be in the drop down box and calls the SSRS report and saves the PDF output to a folder. The .NET app uses SSRS's web services feature. So, essentially .NET calls the report 2...

CHtmlView

TrackMouseEvent fails with CView derived class
Hi, TrackMouseEvent() fails in a CView derived class in an MDI app. Called in OnCreate() of CView derived class (also tried in OnDraw()): TRACKMOUSEEVENT tme; tme.cbSize = sizeof(tme); tme.dwFlags = TME_HOVER; tme.dwHoverTime = 2000; tme.hwndTrack = m_hWnd; bRet = _TrackMouseEvent(&tme); // returns 1. Spy shows no WM_MOUSEHOVER message received by any window. Calling PostMessage(WM_MOUSEHOVER, 0, 0) results in the handler being called. Win2000 SP4, VS2005. Any ideas? TIA Jan >TrackMouseEvent() fails in a CView derived class in an MDI app. > >Called in OnCreate...

Painting of CHtmlView !!!
Hello All I am showing dialog when clicked on link of HTML page navigated inside CHtmlView. After closing dialog, the browser( CHtmlView ) does not paint itself properly. I did everything to solve this problem including Send Paint message, InvalidateRect, WM_ERASEBKGND, UpdateWindow and RedrawWindow. But all solutions did not help me. So MFC Gurus, Please help me to solve this problem of painting of CHtmlView. ...

failed auto updates
Are there any solutions to these failures??? -- Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) FAILED Error Code: 0x529 --Office XP Service Pack FAILED 3 Error Code: 0x529 Updates repeated constantly. researched all microsft help..no success. Running Win XP Home (SP3) Help always accepted with thanks! HogDuster wrote: > Are there any solutions to these failures??? > -- Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) > FAILED Error Code: 0x529 > --Office XP Service Pack FAILED 3 Error Code: 0x529 > Updates repeated constantly. research...

CHTMLView help needed
I have a CHTMLView and I want to save the output from it as a bitmap (or some other image type) file. Does anyone know how to render the content of the view to an image file (IE5.5 and up)? The normal standard Windows GDI based approach doesn't seem to work because it only gets the area of the view that is visible and includes the view's scroll bars in the output. Is there away to get cleaner output rendered to an impage file that doesn't have the scroll bars and shows the whole content, not just what is currently visible onscreen? ---------------------------- I know one of you ...

How to force CHtmlView refress()?
Hi, I have to use CHtmlView for browsing the html page with dialog. I have tow dialogs: First dialogs view the html page with the images, when I click on one image, this will popup up second dialog(a new dialog) to list details about this image, I have some processing with the second dialog, when it finished I will close the dialog and go to first dialog again, before (or also for after) I close the second dialog I do refresh for with the page on first dialog by calling m_myHtmlControl.refresh() or also for m_myHtmlControl.refresh2(3,NULL,NULL.NULL) ; But this cause system error. How...

Login failed ?
Hi I get this error in a CRM addon and can't access reports for some of the users on a terminal server. SQL/rep. and CRM is on seperate servers and disableloopback 1 is set on all 3 servers. Some users don't have problem and others do, I tried many things but it just won't work. Any clues ?? Server Error in '/NN' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please ...

Problems with CHtmlView
My application uses the CHtmlView control in order to show html pages and to navigate within different pages. Those pages have internal calls (using the APP protocol) that the main application processes in order to show new pages (in the BeforeNavigate2 function). To show each page, the application writes the html code into a temporary file and calls the Navigate2 function with the temporary file name. The application works correctly but I have two problems that I don't know how to solve: 1. Some html pages contain a flash movie that calls a JavaScript function that calls my applicatio...

ActiveX Control: Installation Fails
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can assist with a problem I am having with an ActiveX control failing to install on some occasions. My ActiveX control makes use of libcurl, which makes use of zlib1.dll I have been able to reproduce the problem of a failed installation by removing 'zlib1.dll' from my \windows\system32 directory. The ActiveX control is already packaged with this file however, and the .inf file contains: --------- .... [DefaultInstall] CopyFiles=install.files .... [install.files] zlib1.dll=zlib1.dll .... [DestinationDirs] install.files=11 --------- I even tried inclu...

CHtmlView bug ?
Hi, I created a simple MDI application, using CHtmlView as the view class. I guess I found a problem. When I open an Excel file inside the view, I see an Excel.exe is running, using task manager. But after I close that view, the Excel.exe is still running until the whole application is closed. Is there some way to fix the bug ? Or it's not a bug ? Thanks in advance Jeff ...

MS CRM Snap-in failed to initialize
I have a CRM install where we have migrated data using the Migration Tool. I did an original test install and everything worked fine. Now when I try to load the deployment manager the (3) Snap-ins fail to initialize. I tried the CrmSecurityService –r –s command but I get a bunch of errors. Thoughts or suggestions very much appreciated. Johan Can you log into the application ? Is the MSCRM security service running? If not, can you click on start in Windows 'Services'. If you can log into the application, check that the user has a security role of 'System Administrator'...

send to some domain fail
I send to some domain XXX@XXX.gov.hk is fail ~ but no return mail and they have no receive. what is that problems ? Hi Daniel, From your exchange server can you telnet to port 25 of the mail server of the domain in question? From your exchange server can you do a successful nslookup of the domain's mx record? Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "daniel" <anonymou...

WMP 12 Problem
I am operating on Windows 7. I have WMP 12.0.7600.16415. Everytime I play a video and close out the program I cannot re-open WMP again without rebooting the computer. Any ideas on how to correct this problem? What's the file type of these videos (AVI, WMV...)? If it's a file type that WMP doesn't support by default, which codec did you install to play it? Did you install any codec packs? WMP probably keeps running in the background after closing. When you restart WMP again, it immediately exits because it thinks that it's still running. To force WMP to close...

sample chtmlview
I'm looking for a sample using CHtmlView, where the application hosting the view needs to access the DHTML elements (specifically I'm trying to create an MRU kind of like VS.NET does). I've found lots of posts from helpful people saying "just get a pointer to IHTMLDocument2", but I'm too new at this, I could really use some samples! Thanks in advance. Nate Hekman ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2005 update failing
Hi, I was running Microsoft Money Deluxe 2005 on my computer. I installed Money directly from the original CD. Some time after Money was updated over the Internet to version 1105. Today I installed Money on a new computer and now I cannot open the data file. I have investigated this online and found that you have to create a new data file and open Money with this data file and let Money automatically update itself to version 1105. This will enable me to open my original data file. However, I am not able to complete the Money update. I have tried many times (> 20) but the update fails. It ...

R2 Printer Deploy Fails
2003 standard server R2 with all XP Pro workstations. I am trying to deploy specific printers to specific departments via Group Policy. I go into active directory and drill down to a department and then to the computers in that department. I create and link a policy to the department and then edit the policy, adding the desired printers under deploy printers. I see the policy linked to the computers in the department and it is populated with the printers. It has been 4 days since I created it. Workstations have all been rebooted a number of times. Yet, it doesn't work. Does an...

Move mailbox fails from Exchange 5.5 to 2K3
I will be migrating my production Exchange 5.5 Standard server to Exchange 2003 Enterprise soon, and I have set up a lab to test the migration. This is the lab: Server 1 is a W2K SP4 DC/GC and Exchange 5.5 Standard SP4 server. I have changed the Exchange 5.5 LDAP port to 3890 to avoid conflicts with AD LDAP running on the default of 389 Server 2 is a W2K3 Member server running Exchange 2K3 Enterprise SP1. I joined this server to the exisiting 5.5 Organization. Mail flow is just fine through the connector on either server to mailboxes on either server. From the Exchange Management/First Ad...