CHm file format

Hello,

I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i
need to

create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same

a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc
and HHk fie). How i should parse the same

b) What are merged files. How i can read them

c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files
will be different form the reading CHM file.

Please help me out by answering my queries.

Thanks,

Ritu

0
rituc (26)
5/3/2005 12:26:47 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel-What is update file tool?
I was customizing toolbars and found some tools I have never seen before: Update File Check In Check Out Print List Routing Slip Also, is there an equivalent to the old "What's This" tool? ...

file read and replace the variables, save the file
Hello together, I have a text file. The text file has variables. What I have to do make? What is the goal? Variable definition: <Bracket>$<Name><Bracket> example: ($VarIndex) Task: The file read and replace the variables, after then add 4 rows. (see example) Filename: C:\\Test\\CustomerSource.txt //----------------------------------- // Browser detection and support var agt = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase(); var is_opera = (agt.indexOf("opera") != -1); var is_ie = (agt.indexOf($VarIndex) != -1) && document.all && ! is_opera; var is_ie5 = ...

I cannot choose Conditional Formatting
I have used conditional formatting on some spreadsheets, so I know how to use it. My problem is that on other spreadsheets I cannot choose it from the Format Menu. The Conditional Formatting choice is lightly shaded. Why is this and how can I fix it. It sounds like the sheet is protected. Unprotecting the sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting. >-----Original Message----- >I have used conditional formatting on some spreadsheets, so I know how to use >it. My problem is that on other spreadsheets I cannot choose it from the >Format Menu. The Conditional Form...

Closing File Error
Hi, I've got a couple of files with VBA code, nothing too complicated. Oftentimes, when I open one of these files and use them, if I try to close them, answering "no" to saving changes, I get an error message from Excel that it is closing down, and do I want to receive an error report. I received an error report once, but of course, nothing made any sense to me. The files on which this happens work fine otherwise. I've narrowed the problem down to when I close the files without saving changes. Sometimes (very rarely) it will return an error message if I try to s...

INI file and NUM files
hye...im working on implementing an editor of text system using c++ for binary data in NUM files..i would like to ask how is the code 2 read INI files & how's d code if i want 2 save what i've edit to the existing INI or NUM files? On May 31, 4:27 am, reen_haz <reen_...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hye...im working on implementing an editor of text system using c++ for > binary data in NUM files..i would like to ask how is the code 2 read INI > files & how's d code if i want 2 save what i've edit to the existing INI or > NUM files? See th...

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
When using the Files and Settings transfer wizard to move users settings from Outlook 98 / Win98SE to Outlook XP / WinXP, I often (but not always) wind up with two instances of the users Exchange (version 5.5 -- don't laugh!) mailbox in Outlook XP, but I can't close the 2nd instance of the mailbox. The only workaround is to delete the profile and then recreate it. Which sort of defeats the purpose of using the wizard! Admittedly, this is more of an annoyance issue than anything else, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this? Does anyone know what tr...

Show a CHM file
Is is possible to get a CHM file displayed inside a CHtmlView? When I do Navigate2("filename"), the window shows 'page not found' and opens the file download standard dialog. If I press 'open' the correct file opens, but in an external window! I want to show the CHM file inside my application in the window I have created for the job - is CHtmlView the wrong class to use? ...

Conditional Formatting #58
Hi I would like to be able to hide A33 and J33 if I33 is null via conditional formatting in white. I have tried setting Formula is : =I33="" but does not seem to work. Any ideas???? Potsy It worked for me. You may want to try again. If it doesn't work, post more details of what you tried. And you're sure I33 is blank--not made to look blank with a space character. =trim(i33)="" may help if that's the case. Potsy wrote: > > Hi > > I would like to be able to hide A33 and J33 if I33 is null via > conditional formatting in white. > &g...

Deleting files
When using explore and I want to delete files from my 'c" drive I sometimes get the error code that I do not have access to the file. The system will not let me delete or even open the file. What can I do? Thanks Depends on what and where that file is. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jane M." <Jane M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF2C1380-D5B5-4AA3-A93C-33F9CA77A59F@microsoft.com... > When using explore and I want to delete files from my 'c&q...

Shared file keeps losing connection
I have a shared workbook, and sometimes when I work on it, it seems to lose connection with the shared file. (as it happens, its a 2003 file operating on both 2003 and 2007, but I don't think that's related to the problem) The workbook has VBA modules in, nothing very complicated though. and I get the following message: 'You are no longer connected to this file. Another user may have removed you, or saved over it.' The file is always still there, and we haven't been removed. It is infuriating for everyone involved. Is there a way of getting it to automa...

unprotect file: response to Truman's no help
I have password protected a file, and now that the untrustworthy employee is gone, need to unprotect it. When I click on 'Tools', then 'Protection', it doesn't offer the choice of 'unprotect...' as promised in HELP. The response to Truman's issue (posted 7/25 7:45 pm) was too complicated - I'm not an IT person. Any suggestions? Thank you! If you protected the file, you can save it again, without a password: 1. Open the file, entering the password when prompted. 2. Choose File>Save As 3. From the Tools menu, choose General Options. 4. Delete the ...

How to block Zip files
I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this? You can do this by installing the admpack.exe available in the Office Resource Kit. Other options might be available on your corporate firewall or virusscanner. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eUGllA9ZEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I just noti...

How do I use a server name in an Excel chart file path?
Currently, I have a chart in my open workbook that was copied from an external workbook and I have changed all the file locations to match where the data is coming from in the original workbook. However, the source file is on a shared network drive on a server that is mapped under different names on each machine on the network. I have tried changing the links to the standard '\\server\drive\directory' format as shown below, but to no avail. The chart 'source data' dialog boxes do not allow this and say the "Reference is not valid. Reference must be to an open wo...

Excel file is opened twice
I have Excel 97-SR2(m)on a Windows NT4 Sp6a workstation. Everytime I open an specific workbook this is opened twice. This file is located in a network folder. No macros in the workbook. Any idea about why this behaviour?. Thanks, Ivan.- If one has :1 at the end and the other has :2 at the end, then what has happened is that either intentionally or unintentionally, someone has used the feature Window / New Window which will allow you to see two copies of the same workbook at the same time (Can be very useful sometimes as you can tile the windows). When a file is saved in this mode it wil...

Transforming Spaces into HTML file via XSL file

import file does not sow transactions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C8A75A.2FA050F0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, When I import my bank statement file into the relevant account in money, I get a message saying that "Import is complete" but I do not see the transactions do not show up at all. I did a quick and standard repair but the problem persists. You help would be appreciated. -- Regards, Ashish Mathur www.ashishmathur.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusias...

Number formats #3
I sue excel spread sheets to make calculations of money amounts. These vales are then plugged into a MIANFRAME screen for further processing. The trouble is the MAINFRAME application I use does not recognize '$' or '.' ( decimal points ) as valid characters in the money fields. It assumes that the last two digits are cents. example: in EXCEL the value might be seen as $1234.56 But in the MAINFRAME app it must be typed in as 123456 Question : Can I get EXECL to format it's output as 123456 AND still treat the last two digits as decimal ( cents ) ? Hi not possible wi...

Excel 2000
On a Windows 2000 workstation (with all updates applied), an user's excel application now closes any current file that is opened, when she opens up another excel file. Where is the setting to allow for multiple excel files to be open? Are you sure it's closing the other workbooks? Maybe they're just "hidden" behind the activeworkbook. I'd try Window (from the menubar) to see if the other workbooks appear at the bottom of the list. If they do, and the user really just wanted to see separate icons in the windows taskbar, you could just change that setting: To...

Run a Help file (.CHM) from VBA in an XL application
The Shell command doesn't seem to work with a help file. What command will run a help file and then return to the XL app? Thanks, Fred Fred, I wish Rob Bruce would show up in these groups more often... '---------------------- 'Rob Bruce - public.excel.programming - 05/26/2005 'If you use the shellexecute API you don't need to know anything about the app: '(just the file path and file, as the API determines the program to use - JBC) Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _ (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOp...

problem writing in INI file
Hi, I want to write a long file path in an INI file. I have written following function to write in INI file: void Ini_ParamFileWriteField(CString strSection, CString strFieldName, CString strFieldValue) { LPTSTR pSection = strSection.GetBuffer (5); LPTSTR pField = strFieldName.GetBuffer (256); LPTSTR pResult = strFieldValue.GetBuffer (256); BOOL b = WritePrivateProfileString(strSection,strFieldName,strFieldValue,INI_FILE); } This function writes successfully in the INI file, but file names writen are not complete (a part of file name is written at the end of the section). Following are...

Saving a backup of an Excel file
In Office 2000 and Office 95 Excel, I could have the computer make automatic backups of my Excel files as they were saved. I don't seem to be able to do this in XP even though on the tools menu at Save As... in Options it has a check box for backup. Any help with this???? tools>options>save "Sharyn Fisher" <sjfisher@lourdes.k12.pa.us> wrote in message news:05e101c381fa$3fa37570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In Office 2000 and Office 95 Excel, I could have the > computer make automatic backups of my Excel files as they > were saved. > > I don't see...

write data in .txt file
I am recieving data from remote server.And around 40 number of market it is receving.And i need only few of them i am trying to store that market like "EURUSD",USDJPY","GBPUSD" in a txt file. Whenever it comes to this market it will write data in that txt file. Can you help me to write little code. this is event code: m_MainEdit=m_MainEdit + "<Price Change>" + SessionId +RequestId + a ; m_MainEdit=m_MainEdit + Market +Bid + b + Ask + High ; if(Market="EURUSD") { // code for this function // create file EUEUSD...

.net xml file for Excel
Hi I have a .net web application and am trying to create an xml file to be opened in Excel on the client machine. I am placing data from a dataset into a text document so I think this is the correct approach. I printed out a small sample excel file saved as xml and noticed several tags near the top such as Workbook xmlns = "". I am using the xmlwriter, does it have all of this built in or should I just create a string and write it to the text file before entering the elements that represent the data I want for each cell? thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. problem solved ...

Scan Files
XP,Home Edition,SP3 in current computer In the near future I will have a new pc with Norton protection..Recently experienced malware threats but my pc seems to working ok for now..I basically have 90 to 95 % of personal files on backup being done before the computer was infected..However, if I decide I need to transfer some files I may want to use into the new pc how do I be sure those new files are clean..I have Norton in current pc which came with the pc in 2003 which I have never updated and I use it to scan and seems to work ok..Would this be the thing to do before I trans...

Unalbe to open 2003 file with 2007 beta 2
I have a website I built with Publisher 2003. I installed 2007 beta 2, and now I can't open the 2003 file. It says the file has an error. I followed the instructions in the KB for file recognition, and it still won't open the 2003 file. I like 2007, but don't want to recreate all of the work I did in 2003. I would have talked you out of using the beta for a website. You can't be certain what changes will occur between now and the released version. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mishkajb" <Mishkajb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...