Changing Title Bar of a Wizard

I have two wizards (CPropertySheet's) which both have the same property
page. The title of this page, however, should be different for each
wizard. In the page, whenever I try to call its own SetWindowText() or
the wizard's SetWindowText() upon being set active, it just gets
replaced by the caption that's set in the resource. I've tried setting
the text in OnSetActive() and OnInitDialog(), but it will change it,
but in a split second it will change back to the caption/title that's
in the resource again.

However, just to test it out, I tried putting a button on the page that
calls the wizard's SetWindowText() and that works (the title stays). So
it seems that OnInitDialog() and OnSetActive() are too "early" (but
obviously putting a button is too "late").

What function can I override to handle it properly?

0
duylam (11)
3/19/2005 5:45:42 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Duy Lam" <duylam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have two wizards (CPropertySheet's) which both have the same property
> page. The title of this page, however, should be different for each
> wizard. In the page, whenever I try to call its own SetWindowText() or
> the wizard's SetWindowText() upon being set active, it just gets
> replaced by the caption that's set in the resource. I've tried setting
> the text in OnSetActive() and OnInitDialog(), but it will change it,
> but in a split second it will change back to the caption/title that's
> in the resource again.
>
> However, just to test it out, I tried putting a button on the page that
> calls the wizard's SetWindowText() and that works (the title stays). So
> it seems that OnInitDialog() and OnSetActive() are too "early" (but
> obviously putting a button is too "late").
>
> What function can I override to handle it properly?

You need to post a message to handle this correctly. Try adding the
following to your OnSetActive:

CPropertySheet *pSheet = (CPropertySheet*)GetParent() ;
pSheet->PostMessage ( PSM_SETTITLE, 0, (LONG)((LPCTSTR)m_strTitle) )

Brett.

External data link change

simple bar graph not working correctly
Trying to create a simple bar graph which i have done a thousand times.For some reason excel is seeing the first two cells in my row as the series. eg a2 contains the word express orders. B2 contains 137 When i attempt to graph it, the series in the chart wizard is Express orders 137. instead of just express orders. For some reason it is taking that first value with it. Any ideas whats causing this? ...

Custom Command Bars
I've figured out a way to add custom commands to the ROWS or CELLS commandbars, but I only seem to be able to add one. Can someone help me figure out how to add multiple custom commands to one of those command bars? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, Copie this in a general module It's working in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 '----------------------------- Sub test() Dim MBar As CommandBar Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Column") 'OR 'Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Row") With MBar With .Controls.Add .BeginGroup...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Data Labels On 3-D Bar Charts
I REALLY need to find a way to set my data labels at center or outside, the choices in a reguar bar chart. Is there any way to do that? And if you happen anyone happens to know if it is in any add-ins. I'm waiting to get the downloads UN-BLOCKED!! My work is a joke. Thanks ...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

How do I eliminate 1 bar on the bar chart?
Hi there, I have this question: I was sent a spreadsheet with all the bar charts. Data are not present and data link is broken. Now I want to eliminate useless bars and only leave out useful bars on the bar chart. I tried to select the bar I don't want and delete, but it will delete all the bars. Can someone teach me how to just delete 1 or 2 bars from the bar chart? Many thanks in advance! charts typically only show visable celll data. the easiest way is to go to the data sheet with the data and hide the column or rows associated with that Bar. "crossingmind" wrote: >...