CFtpConnection::PutFile and ProgressBarCtrl

I am using the CFtpConnection::PutFile and GetFile for transfering files
between my local pc and the ftp server. In need to put a progress bar for
indicating the size uploaded or downloaded.

In msdn helps it says that CInternetSession::OnCallBackStatus can be used to
achive this. But How to use it?? Can anyone help me to sort out this..

-Balaji
1
Balaji (2)
7/15/2005 5:04:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Call EnableStatusCallback() to enable this.  Override OnStatusCallback() in your class derived from
CInternetSession.

"Balaji" <Balaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using the CFtpConnection::PutFile and GetFile for transfering files
> between my local pc and the ftp server. In need to put a progress bar for
> indicating the size uploaded or downloaded.
>
> In msdn helps it says that CInternetSession::OnCallBackStatus can be used to
> achive this. But How to use it?? Can anyone help me to sort out this..
>
> -Balaji

-1
ScotB (233)

Problem with CFTPConnection

Use of CFtpConnection and caching
Hi! Am using CInternetSession and CFtpConnection in a simple program, it works fine, but I have problems regarding caching (I think) when getting a file (with CFtpConnection::GetFile()). If the remote file changes while my program runs, I only read the same old version. Even if I delete the remote file, I can still read it, seem like some kind of caching along the way. I have created the CInternetSession object with flag INTERNET_FLAG_DONT_CACHE (this is the argument list to the constructor) : (NULL, 1, INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, NULL, NULL, INTERNET_FLAG_DONT_CACHE | INTERNET_FLAG_NO_CAC...

CFtpConnection and AS400
We are using CFtpConnection class to upload data onto a file in an FTP. Everything works fine when we upload to a Windows FTP but we are having problems when using an FTP site on AS400. The file seems to be uploaded correctly but the location where the file is stored is not the same location when the command prompt ftp command is used to upload a file and we are having problems locating the file since we are told that it is being stored inside the user's properties. We tried using the FTPTree sample to browse the FTP site but with AS400 we are unable to browse through subfolder...

use CFtpConnection on very slow connection
Hi I have used CFtpConnection to transfer files. It works in most condition but breaks when the connection is very slow. Any one know some article referring how to use this on very slow connection? m_pFtpConnection->PutFile m_pFtpConnection->CreateDirectory m_pFtpConnection->GetFile Also I open several thread when transfer, every thread has a different CFtpConnection. I found I could only open 2 thread at max. Anyone knows how to open 4-5 thread? Thank you a lot ...

CFtpConnection::PutFile timeout
how can I make CFtpConnection::PutFile to terminate after some time regarding of the status of the transfer? I am looking for how to control the ftp operations so that they do not take longer than certain time. I have the option of doing them on a separate thread but, is there a way of doing with the CFtpConnection object itself? Thanks. "beluchin" <beluchin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CB01C9-D253-4DA8-B7EF-60B40C3E0A73@microsoft.com... > how can I make CFtpConnection::PutFile to terminate after some time > regarding > of the status of ...

CFtpConnection::PutFile and ProgressBarCtrl
I am using the CFtpConnection::PutFile and GetFile for transfering files between my local pc and the ftp server. In need to put a progress bar for indicating the size uploaded or downloaded. In msdn helps it says that CInternetSession::OnCallBackStatus can be used to achive this. But How to use it?? Can anyone help me to sort out this.. -Balaji Call EnableStatusCallback() to enable this. Override OnStatusCallback() in your class derived from CInternetSession. "Balaji" <Balaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E1816E-9FD1-4B3F-B89A-D929F46B7CEA@micros...

Detecting closed connection when calling CFtpConnection::PutFile
An open ftp connection can be closed due to inactivity. How to detect that situation given a failed call to CFtpConnection::PutFile? That is, I have an app that opens an ftp connection and never closes it (intentionally, for performance reasons). The app then calls CFtpConnection::PutFile. However, due to inactivity, the connection may be closed from underneath the app. In that case, I tested, the call to PutFile fails. How to reliably detect that the failure is due to inactivity in which case the app would reopen the connection and try again? "beluchin" <beluchin@discuss...

CFtpConnection::OpenFile(...) Timeout
Hi, Tim explained to me why OpenFile might return an error if the server is behind a router. But, because I still want to give the user options, (and because I don't think we will always be behind a router). But if the user choose the wrong option, sometime the OpenFile(...) hangs for 4/5 minutes, (if not longer). OnStatusCallback(...) does not really help, All I get is INTERNET_STATUS_HANDLE_CREATED first and then nothing. So how can I either test for connection or change the timeout for OpenFile()? I just cannot have my application stuck for so long every time. Many thanks. Sim...

CFtpConnection locks program
I have recently inherited a program that uses FTP. Most of the time, the program seems to work correctly. However, at times, the program locks - up. There is NO error message, but the entire user interface is unresponsive. CODE SNIPPET BELOW. QUESTION: (Some of the called functions are tied to the interface (child windows), correct?) It seems that this is the case but I want to be sure given my limited (but increasing) knowledge of FTP. While debugging, I found that I can recreate this problem (lock-up) by disconnecting the network cable from the Ftp server where files are being sent. If I r...

CFtpFileFind messes with CFtpConnection; Error 12003
Hello, I have an vxWorks FTP server running. I want to transfer a file to that server, but before transfering it I want to check if the file already exists, so the user can decide whether he wants to overwrite the file. I use CFtpFileFind to check if the file on the server alredy exists. Then I use CInternetFile to open the file, and write it on the server. This sometimes works, but sometimes CInternetFile::Open throws an CInternetException with m_dwError = 12003 ("The server returned extended information") and CInternetFile::GetErrorMessage returns "200 Type set to I, binary...

problem with CFtpConnection
Hello I have a little problem with class CFtpConnection. I create internet session, then from it ftp connection (as described in msdn). ... ok - when is ftp connection establishing, program creates new 3 threads. But when i close and delete the FtpConnection and InternetSession the three threads are not terminated and remain in the process. (Now when i connect and disconnect again, there are again only the same 3 threads that there were before) Could anyone help me? I'd like to keep the aplication same as before connecting ... (or are it some working threads from loaded modules?) the...

CFtpConnection : connection closed by the server
Hello everybody, I have a little FTP client, using CFtpConnection, and I have a problem : I connect to the server, then perform some operations, but after a given time, the server close the connection. I tried to detect it using OnInternetStatusCallback, and INTERNET_STATUS_CLOSING_CONNECTION, but this function isn't called neither when I close the connection myself nor when it's the server that close the connection. The function is called for other events, like connection, receiving data, but not on this event. I does not understand. Please help me. If you have some working code, I w...

cftpconnect.gefile() error=12003 ?
Hi, I get lastError code = 12003 from when trying GetFile() as follows- Could you tell me what is the error for this code and how to fix it. Thanks !! --my code : CInternetSession sess( _T("mysite"), 1, PRE_CONFIG_INTERNET_ACCESS); CFtpConnection* pConnect = NULL ; sess.GetFtpConnection( _T("ftp.mysite.com") , _T("me") , _T("pwd") ) ;} if( ! pConnect->GetFile( _T("bcu.txt") , _T("c:\\tou.txt") , FALSE ) ) { DWORD dw = GetLastError(); } Check out my essay on my MVP Tips site on how to decode these errors. I don't know wh...

HELP! CFtpConnection GetFile cause memory leaking, WHY?
I'm trying to use CFtpConnection GetFile to download files from a WS_FTP server. I found if I download 1000 files (Size from 17KB to 25KB ), it can cause about 10M memory leaking. When I commented out the GetFile( ) line, there was no memorry leaking. WHY? Following is part of my source code: try { // Request a connection to Image Server //Use default FTP Port //Use Passive MODE pConnect =3D sess.GetFtpConnection(strISIP,strFtpUser,...

CFtpConnection::PutFile never return under debugger
Hi All, When I use this function CFtpConnection::PutFile under a debugger it doesn't return forever. If I use another file as an argument(smaller and probably binary) it returns and does its job. Can someone advise? Regards Mark ...

CFtpConnection::PutFile only creating 0 length file on server
hey guys, i recently made a tiny app using the MFC class CFtpConnection that is sending files to an AS/400 server. its been working consistently for a few months now with no problems. but in the last couple of weeks its been failing. during the method PutFile(), it would set the transfer type to ASCII and it would try to put the file on the server, but it only creates a 0 length file with the appropriate filename and timesout (usually after like 3 minutes or so) with a bad return code. ive googled it in groups and have found similar cases where this function was doing the same thing bu...

PutFile takes forever...
I have a problem with the following piece of code. At home, this works fine. But at my job, the firewall is badly configured at the moment. As a result we can not properly usde FTP. In the following code example, the GetFtpConnection takes a while, but succeeds. pFtp gets a valid value. SetCurrentDirectory goes fine too. But PutFile takes forever. It just hangs there. I know the firewall is badly configured, but that shouldn't result in my program hanging. Is there a way to use some kind of timeout? Maybe another try/catch?? CInternetSession session; CFtpConnection* pFtp = NULL; ...

CFtpConnecton::PutFile()
Hi, This is a code I wrote which gives me the mentioned error on the PutFile function: **************************************** CInternetSession sess(_T("SUA")); try { CFtpConnection* pFtpConnection; pFtpConnection = sess.GetFtpConnection(pSutData->SutIP(), pSutData->Username(), pSutData->Password()); if(pFtpConnection) { if(!pFtpConnection->SetCurrentDirectory(strRemoteDir)) { //bla bla bla } DWORD dw = strFileMode == ASCII ? FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII : FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_BINARY; //2 CStrings and 1 DWORD as parameters --> if(!pFtpConnection-...