CFormView SDI problem

I have three forms that are necessary for user input. How do I switch
from one form to another in my SDI CFormView project? BTW there is no
splitter involved.

Thank you.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mark wrote:

> I have three forms that are necessary for user input. How do I switch
> from one form to another in my SDI CFormView project? BTW there is no
> splitter involved.
>
> Thank you.

The code to do this is rather unobvious.  Try searching MSDN for VSWAP32
or "swap view" or "switch view" and a few examples should appear.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
11/5/2004 7:41:45 PM
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp> wrote in message
> Mark wrote:
>
> > I have three forms that are necessary for user input. How do I
switch
> > from one form to another in my SDI CFormView project? BTW there is
no
> > splitter involved.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> The code to do this is rather unobvious.  Try searching MSDN for
VSWAP32
> or "swap view" or "switch view" and a few examples should appear.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

I downloaded the VSWAP32 example but VS 6.0 won't compile it. It said
that it was converting from earlier version and then the entire IDE
crashed.

"Mark" <replytogroup@news.com> wrote in message
> I have three forms that are necessary for user input. How do I switch
> from one form to another in my SDI CFormView project? BTW there is no
> splitter involved.
>
> Thank you.

Found one in the "MSDN Library Archive":

INFO: Switching Views in a Single Document Interface Program

Thanks.

CRM 1.2 Workflow Manager security problem
When trying to launch Workflow Manager, I get the following error: You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM priveleges to use the Workflow Manager. For moreinformation, contact your system administrator. I'm logged in as administrator and it does this. It does not prompt me for user name/password. Any idea how I can get around this without starting over? Thanks. Does your administrator user have a CRM license assigned to it? Is that license a Professional level license? Workflow is only available with a Pro level license and the user running WM must be assigned a Pro license ...

Activation problem
I installed Microsoft publisher on another computer and I then activated it. Since then I have returned the computer and it no longer works. I am unable to uninstall the program from that computer. I wanted to activate the program on my new computer but it won't let me. What can I do? I think you'll have to call Microsoft and explain the situation. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a001c3b603$2a0bf650$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I installed Microsoft publisher on another computer and I > then activated it. Since then I have returned the >...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Outlook 2000 IMO contacts problem
Hi, I had to move an employee's office install to a new profile in a new domain, and when I set her e-mail back up, the contacts do not show up when you go to create a new message and pull info from the contacts folder. I have seen this before with OL2002/2003 and know how to remove and add it back in. When I look for info on how to do this on 2000, all I find are articles on MS web site for the Corporate Workgroup version of OL2000, and it says to go to Tools | Services to start, and I guess on the IMO option, there is no Services selection. Can anyone point me to an article ...

printing problems with background color in logos
I read the issue described on 8/28. I am also having trouble with the background color of our logos in Publisher documents. Using the Set Transparent Color option in Publisher creates a distorted logo in the PDF version of the file. The transparent GIF version of the logo is less crisp in both the Publisher and PDF. I would prefer to use a BMP or JPG version of the logo so I set the background color in Photoshop (221/221/221) and the color of the rectangle block in Publisher (221/221/221) to be the same, but the background of the logo is clearly different when printing in Publisher ...

CAppForm (CFormView) Object always NULL
Hi, I've got a CFormView derived object (g_pData) that always be NULL after ProcessShellCommand returned, making subsequent calls (g_pData->IsReady())failed.I looked at the callstack and found the CAppForm Object (g_pData) was NULL. I placed the CAppForm *g_pData = NULL; before the implementation. Two constructors are available. One in the SuperClass CD3DApplication and one in the CAppForm(View Class). I don't know why that fails as MFCFog in the DirectX 9 SDK does the same as I do. Info. is ready. Thanks Jack Fixed. But New problem arises, the m_pMainWnd always got destroyed bec...

Problem with deleting record
Hi, When I tried deleting records using db.execute "Delete * from tbl1", it didn't work. It showed that the table was locked even though nothing was using it. But when I used delete query, it worked fine. Is there a way to find out what session or table that locks tbl1? Thanks. You don't mention which version of Access you are using, or whether the data is in the same database file, or linked from, say, SQL-Server. The symptom you described sounds similar to a problem SQL-Server had knowing if a record had been dirtied ... this particular issue required the...

Athentication problem?
We have a automated procedure where an email address is created and then that email address is used to then route email through port 25 on the exchange server to external/internal mailboxes. Since moving to Exchange 2003 when the process runs it now comes up with an 'Authentication Failed' message. I have checked authentication on the Exchange server and it has Annonymous Access set on everywhere I have looked. Where could it be hitting an authentication barrier? It is probbaly just a check box somewhere but I have looked everywhere on exchange and have not seen anything that will ...

Complicated Formula Problem
I am creating a spreadsheet that will automate the process that ou secretaries go through for each employee of the school district. Eac employee receives a set amount of "New State" personal leave each year They also receive varying amounts of "Local" leave each year...dependin on the length of their contracts. The secretaries of each campus an department keep a ledger showing the dates of leave taken for eac employee in their campuses or departments. The problem we have encountered is as follows: There are actually 3 categories of leave...each allowing only specifi type...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

subtotal problems
I'm having trouble with subtotals. I have a large budget, which I hav filtered depending on categories. After the list is filtered, I wan to subtotal the amounts of each sub-category. However, when I clic subtotal, SUM by change in category...it subtotals randomly disregarding the fact that many of the amounts are in the sam category. I have the lists sorted so that each sub-category is groupe together. Why won't the subtotaling work? Is there some hidden thin I'm not aware of? Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi the function SUBTOTAL would su...

No java(?) and email problem after removing 2 trojans
I got a security notification from WIN about a virus/trojan and ran a full Norton scan to successfully remove the trojans. The WIN notification went away however, I am no longer seeing anything about javascript in my taskbar or anywhere else. In addition, in my email, OUTLOOK EXPRESS, in an email from, say, amazon.com, the pics are no oonger in the message body till I open the email. Then they all appear correctly. Before the initial problem, neither of these things were problems. Finally, in attempting to access IE, I am getting the message of "not found", etc. I rea...

Historical Year Problem.
Hi.. While uploading the data in Greatplains. 2003 year has not marked as Historical year during the data upload Now we are facing problems due to this. Can anyone suggest if we can mark 2003 as historical year now. and if we do so what are the repercussions of doing it... Thanks. What version are you using? If you are using 7.5 you should have no problem marking it as History. It might prompt you to close your other sub modules for 2003. Other version I do not know if it the same. "Rahul" wrote: > Hi.. > While uploading the data in Greatplains. > 2003 year has ...

Multiple Selection of Objects in CFormView
Hi, I've written en objects editor(on CFormView). Now I need to apply Multiple Selection feature to my appliation, also I need to supprot draggin selected objects, change thier properties, delete etc. I need your advices on how to do that, also sample project will be gladly accepted. Regards and Thanks, Janiv Ratson. First, you have to have a selection mechanism. So you need to have a way of detecting if the mouse is clicked down in an object. I can't tell you how exactly to do this, because it depends on what you define as an "object". However, we can assume that you ha...

Problems with userform
Hi! I use a userform to add new rows in a table but I get an error: "User-defined type not defined" and I can not figure out the problem. I�m using the following code and the error row is marked *. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() * Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = TextBox1.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = TextBox2.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = TextBox3.Text MsgBox "One record written to Sheet1" response = MsgBox("Do you want to enter another record?", _ vb...

Urgent: Switching between views derived from CFormView
Hi, I have a SDI application and have 2 views derived from CFormView. I am able to swap the views. But everytime I swap the view, it creates new view so I am not able to view my old data. On one view, I have Browser control, and on another I have few List Boxex. But, when I switch from List view o browser view, and back to List view, I loose all my selection. Can someone help me in resolving this issue? Help in regards of any samples is really is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Musa When you create the new view, are you passing it the same instance of the document as the old one? If not t...

Sophos 'Mailmonitor for Exchange'
I'm trying to find out if any other suppliers/users of Sophos anti-virus are having problems with Mailmonitor for Exchange. Before getting into the detail, let me just say that Sophos were first advised of this particular problem on 25th November 2003 (case id AVK-25-FGT for those that are interested). They have previously been made aware of everything in this posting. As a long time advocate of Sophos and MD of a 'Sophos Certified Partner', their help in resolving this particular issue has left me completely under-whelmed and we are now evaluating alternative products for the c...

Background color for CFormView
I am trying to change the background (and text) color of my form derived from CFormView. I have added the OnCtlCOlor method to my derived Form as case CTLCOLOR_DLG: pDC->SetTextColor(RGB(255, 255, 0)); pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(0, 0, 255)); hbr =(HBRUSH)m_brush; I also added the SetDialogBkColor() to my derived CWinApp. These have successfully changed the color of the About boxes etc, but not my main form. I added the OnEraseBkgnd to my MainFrm class with the CRect Rect; GetClientRect(&Rect); CBrush Brush(RGB(0,0,192)); pDC->FillRect(Rect,&Brush); code. This did n...

Email Problems #6
On the MS Outlook Shortcut Bar are three Shortcuts, Outlook Shortcut, My Shortcut, Other Shortcuts. When MS Outlook opens the default is Outlook Shortcuts, Is it possible to open MS Outlook with My Shortcuts as the default?? Also, I have been using Outlook Express and when I click on Send/Receive I have a choice to Send, Receive or Send and Receive. It does not appear I have this choice in MS Outlook, it seems that once I click Send/Receive it Sends and Receives only, no choice. Is this correct?? Thanks George Not sure about the Outlook Bar group thing but in the version you'...

Problem with modal dialogs
Hello! I have a problem that I would appreciate help with. The scenario is this: - My program makes a synchronous DDE transaction. - While this transaction is in progress, my program shows a modal dialog box for some reason (user interaction, a timer message, etc). When this happens the DDE transaction hangs. The timeout specified in the DDE transaction isn't cared about either, nothing happens. After the modal dialog box is closed the DDE transaction call releases after some time (usually just takes a few seconds) and the function can continue with it's task since the synchrono...

CString problem
Hi all, is there any number of varibalse of a type CString that limit us?? what i mean if im using CString varibales inside class is there any limitation of number of CString type inside a class?? Thanks Gabi wrote: > is there any number of varibalse of a type CString that limit us?? > what i mean if im using CString varibales inside class is there any > limitation of number of CString type inside a class?? I haven't heard of such limitation. Why do you ask? Nope...I suppose if you create more strings than available memory, then there might be a problem loading it?? Just a...

Outlook 2K3 LDAP check name problem
hi i have a STRANGE issue with LDAP and Outlook 2003. Basically, if i type the first names of people in the To: section and try to resolve (Ctrl-K or Alt-K) all of the names at once, it wont work. BUT it will resolve the very first name but will offer no suggestions for the next names. I will then cancel this, (the first name will have resolved) and when i try to resolve the names again, it will work for the next unresolved name (the first one was resolved remember) and then fail on everyone after that. so basically, in the To: box, if i type in john;chris;peter, do CTRL-K it...

date problem
Hi, i need to know what day and month is the below date. 161th day of 2008 i have many days like this. i need a formula or something. I need them in dd/mm/yyy format. Can this be done? Thanks! Does this work for you? =TEXT(DATE(2008,1,1)+161,"dd/mm/yyyy") -- Sweep ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sweep's Profile: 1611 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187861 http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php =DATE(A1,1,1)+B1-1 where year is in A1 day No (161) is in B1 ...

New mailbox creation problems
Hi, Ive got a problem thats driving me up the wall, ive searched the net and got no answers so hopefully you guys should be able to help as your the crem de la crem. When i create a new user in ADUC, i ask it to create the mailbox to associate it to the account. Unfortunatly it believes it has but yet it hasnt. It doesnt add the email addresses to the user from the recipient policy and the mailbox doesnt show up in ESM, (I waited 24 hours just encase it was the server being slow). If i give the user a email address, it can all of a sudden recieve emails and the mailbox appears. Ive also tryed ...

Problem with VBScript in WinCE 6.0